Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-18-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I have heard I am feeling rather unconfident in landing Joyner.

If he gets him it will be Randy's biggest get, IMO. This kid just doesn't seem to be feeling Miami right now.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any1 know if our plans with RB recruit Mike James is FB still? Thought I read that in here.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
From what I have heard I am feeling rather unconfident in landing Joyner.

If he gets him it will be Randy's biggest get, IMO. This kid just doesn't seem to be feeling Miami right now.
I think if we get Pinder or Riggs, or even both, it will go a LONG way towards landing Joyner. Got a TON of work to do though, that's for sure!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
I really don't think he'll be a liability covering some of the ACC's 4th or 5th wideouts.
Probably not any more than Bruce Johnson was. ;)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 02-21-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Cocelesti

Will just mention Im a fan of the Miami Hurricanes too like many others in here, and really looking forward to spend some more time in this thread for the upcomming season.

Im totally crazy about our recruiting class this year. Seems pretty mad to me.
:)
Old 02-22-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocelesti View Post
Will just mention Im a fan of the Miami Hurricanes too like many others in here, and really looking forward to spend some more time in this thread for the upcomming season.

Im totally crazy about our recruiting class this year. Seems pretty mad to me.
:)
Why do you have a UNC player in your avatar then?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Cocelesti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Why do you have a UNC player in your avatar then?
Im just a big fan of Hakeem, nothing else:)
Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Spring practices start today. Should be pretty exciting to see players move up and down the depth chart.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Travis Benjamin making my #3 jersey useful. :D

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bulldog0123

i am looking foward to watching sean spence on the canes, he is going to be awesome.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Bailey playing DT or what?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-25-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
So is Bailey playing DT or what?
It appears so, yes. I guess I was right Joey ;)

I love our defensive line right now with Bailey and Forston at D-Tackle! And with Robinson and Moncur on the outside, with Harris, Vernon, Dye, possibly Wesley, Holmes, Regis and and Porter rotating in this year, we will be dynamic on the line!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
It appears so, yes. I guess I was right Joey ;)

I love our defensive line right now with Bailey and Forston at D-Tackle! And with Robinson and Moncur on the outside, with Harris, Vernon, Dye, possibly Wesley, Holmes, Regis and and Porter rotating in this year, we will be dynamic on the line!
He's playing both.

DE on run situations, DT on passing downs.

Who is this Harris you speak of? Can't be Courtney Harris again can it? The same Courtney Harris that still hasn't been cleared to play and might never play another snap of football in his life? That's the Harris you are counting on?

Wesley is listed as a TE on the depth chart.

Here is the rotation right now from what I can gather: (take spring lineups with a grain of salt, they move everyone to see who will fit where)

DE: Marcus Robinson, Eric Moncur, Andrew Smith
DE: Adewale Ojomo, Gavin Hardin, Olivier Vernon
DT Marcus Forston, Josh Holmes, Micanor Regis
DT: Joe Joseph, Allen Bailey, Jeremy Lewis

Last edited by JoeyJr09 : 02-25-2009 at 02:46 PM.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
He's playing both.

DE on run situations, DT on passing downs.

Who is this Harris you speak of? Can't be Courtney Harris again can it? The same Courtney Harris that still hasn't been cleared to play and might never play another snap of football in his life? That's the Harris you are counting on?

Wesley is listed as a TE on the depth chart.

Here is the rotation right now from what I can gather: (take spring lineups with a grain of salt, they move everyone to see who will fit where)

DE: Marcus Robinson, Eric Moncur, Andrew Smith
DE: Adewale Ojomo, Gavin Hardin, Olivier Vernon
DT Marcus Forston, Josh Holmes, Micanor Regis
DT: Joe Joseph, Allen Bailey, Jeremy Lewis
Wesley was on the projected spring starters list yesterday as a DE.

And yes, I am speaking of Courtney Harris, and I am just higher on him than most people. I expected big things from him last year before the injury. I'm just not ready to let go yet...

Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Wesley was on the projected spring starters list yesterday as a DE.

And yes, I am speaking of Courtney Harris, and I am just higher on him than most people. I expected big things from him last year before the injury. I'm just not ready to let go yet...
Wesley rotated with both yesterday and like I said, in the spring they move people around alot. Him playing DE is just to take the rust off at that spot in case he totally sucks at TE. He is listed as a TE on the spring roster and Randy already said he would be moving to TE.

Time to let go of Harris, he isnt medically cleared to play and might never be. If by some miracle he heals and can see the field, hes so far behind the 8 ball after missing basically 2 years of football and hes so down in the depth chart that hell never make an impact.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

I thought Daniel Adderley transferred out of Miami? I was expected Epps, Wesley, and Gordon to be our only upperclassmen with Billy Sanders are our youth at the position. I seen he has been mentioned in a couple of blogs of been having a pretty decent first couple spring practices?

Speaking of transfers... who all transferred and where did they end up?
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He's staying for spring to see if he can make it. He still might transfer afterwards.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-28-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He's staying for spring to see if he can make it. He still might transfer afterwards.
Here are the guys that transffered out:

Shawnbrey McNeal - TCU
Jermaine McKenzie - Memphis
Chris Barney - Out of football, taking classes at Miami
Robert Marve - ???
Daniel Adderley - Could transfer after spring

As if you need any more proof how hard it is to recruit when only given half a year. 4 transfer from what is technically considered Randy's 1st class. Seems like the only real players that came from that class where Coop, Franklin, Bailey, JoJo, DVD, and Chambers. All things considered Randy was able to pull some ok players with what he had to work with.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Here are the guys that transffered out:

Shawnbrey McNeal - TCU
Jermaine McKenzie - Memphis
Chris Barney - Out of football, taking classes at Miami
Robert Marve - ???
Daniel Adderley - Could transfer after spring

As if you need any more proof how hard it is to recruit when only given half a year. 4 transfer from what is technically considered Randy's 1st class. Seems like the only real players that came from that class where Coop, Franklin, Bailey, JoJo, DVD, and Chambers. All things considered Randy was able to pull some ok players with what he had to work with.
I thought McNeal went to SMU?

Old 03-01-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I alone as a Cane fan who thinks we have the absolute worst fans in all of college football?? All I have to do is read the rivals board for 5 minutes and I get angry. All the way up the leader of the board, Ferman..it is terrible. They are all rejects save maybe 3 or 4 intelligent Joey like posters and the 1 or 2 who might actually have inside info on a certain prospect.

I can't wait until my subscription runs out. Sorry, just had to vent but it gets very disconcerting sometimes.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:25 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Am I alone as a Cane fan who thinks we have the absolute worst fans in all of college football?? All I have to do is read the rivals board for 5 minutes and I get angry. All the way up the leader of the board, Ferman..it is terrible. They are all rejects save maybe 3 or 4 intelligent Joey like posters and the 1 or 2 who might actually have inside info on a certain prospect.

I can't wait until my subscription runs out. Sorry, just had to vent but it gets very disconcerting sometimes.
Yes, it's pretty unbearable sometimes. I know exactly how you feel sometimes. But I don't pay those people any attention anymore. Those are the ones that give Miami fans a bad rap and makes us so looked down upon as fairweather fans.

But there sure are alot of those down here, that's for sure. Probably more than anywhere else.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So whats the deal with Bryce Brown?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
So whats the deal with Bryce Brown?
He will be deciding on like March 14th or 15th I think, that's all I really know or care about. This thing has gotten outta hand, to say the least.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He will be deciding on like March 14th or 15th I think, that's all I really know or care about. This thing has gotten outta hand, to say the least.
Yea the whole situation with him has been rediculous. He looks like a great player though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yea the whole situation with him has been rediculous. He looks like a great player though.
Agreed, I would still love to have him in Miami next year. But I would also love to give his advisor a swift kick in the nuts.