Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-27-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=949872

WR Richard Goodman got arrested and kicked off the team
Not sure what this has to do with the Canes?
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
I'm an idiot that's what it has to do with it.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely nothing, ahah. I could see if it was someone at FSU that could have hurt us, but this guy is a waste. I went to high school and was good friends with him, but he's really fallen off. :(

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.fresssh is a cocksman.

If anyone hasnt watched Dallas Lloyds fim, watch it. Hes on youtube if anyone doesnt have rivals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w1_ZMmNZ6Q

I liked Brandon Hills arm and height, but he seemed stiff, and looked like he would have real problems escaping the D. As suspect as our O-Line has been, I would really rather take a Dual Threat QB. Dallas Lloyd is hands down the best QB film I seen yet. Excellent arm to go with speed and elusiveness.
fresssh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I have no idea why you would want to take a Dual Threat QB. We are running a Pro Style offense. We need a pocket passer. You dont take QBs that can run because you think your OL is still gonna suck by the time that QB sees the field. No one wins with that mindset. You take the guys that fit your system and for us that is pocket passing QBs. They dont need to run.

Lloyd is impressive tho. I like the kid. Hes not Blake Bell but he is one of the better 2nd options at QB in this class. Brandon Hill can throw it hard but doesnt throw it hard if that makes any sense. He's a project, but he's got the talent. I'd take Lloyd by a hair but Hill isnt a bad option either.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
I have no idea why you would want to take a Dual Threat QB. We are running a Pro Style offense. We need a pocket passer. You dont take QBs that can run because you think your OL is still gonna suck by the time that QB sees the field. No one wins with that mindset. You take the guys that fit your system and for us that is pocket passing QBs. They dont need to run.

Lloyd is impressive tho. I like the kid. Hes not Blake Bell but he is one of the better 2nd options at QB in this class. Brandon Hill can throw it hard but doesnt throw it hard if that makes any sense. He's a project, but he's got the talent. I'd take Lloyd by a hair but Hill isnt a bad option either.
I disagree. The kid is still a pocket passer, and its a huge bonus that if he can escape the D, and thats what we have been recruiting. Marve, Harris, Highsmith, and Cook all have the speed to escape the d. Maybe u dont like how I said dual threat, but in the context I wrote, it states how important it is to scramble when needed. Of course u adjust to what you have. If it was a kid that was only made for the spread I would agree.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresssh View Post
I disagree. The kid is still a pocket passer, and its a huge bonus that if he can escape the D, and thats what we have been recruiting. Marve, Harris, Highsmith, and Cook all have the speed to escape the d. Maybe u dont like how I said dual threat, but in the context I wrote, it states how important it is to scramble when needed. Of course u adjust to what you have. If it was a kid that was only made for the spread I would agree.
We just need to have a kid that can move in the pocket, not a kid that can run. Brandon Hill looked plenty fine moving around the pocket. His long legs just make him look alot more statue-like but he moved around the pocket fine.

But if your saying we need a kid that can tuck it and run then I couldnt disagree with you more. Running like the last thing we need.

As long as our QB can move around the pocket, we will be fine.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Well I shoudnt have said Dual Threat, and should have said a guy that can scramble. If a guy is a run 1st QB, then thats the last thing we need. If he has that as an option, its a huge bonus and also opens up more. I personally didnt see it in Hill. When the D has to at least respect the QB's running ability it takes pressure off others. As long as he is a pocket passer 1st, I think that should be our kind of target.

Btw Im curious to see what Hall decides to do now that hes getting all these offers. Now he can be a little more picky, and maybe choose someone with less depth at RB. Hope not, 1 of my favs this year.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:58 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Well I shoudnt have said Dual Threat, and should have said a guy that can scramble. If a guy is a run 1st QB, then thats the last thing we need. If he has that as an option, its a huge bonus and also opens up more. I personally didnt see it in Hill. When the D has to at least respect the QB's running ability it takes pressure off others. As long as he is a pocket passer 1st, I think that should be our kind of target.

Btw Im curious to see what Hall decides to do now that hes getting all these offers. Now he can be a little more picky, and maybe choose someone with less depth at RB. Hope not, 1 of my favs this year.
Not too concerned about Hall. I've got it on good word that he's leaning to us big time.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Not too concerned about Hall. I've got it on good word that he's leaning to us big time.
Good to hear. For the 2nd RB i really like Drake, but i have to wonder what kind of competion hes going against. It looks like hes runnin over those guys pretty easy. I even seen a play where their were like 5 guys trying to bring him down. Really would like Ken Malcome but I dont think he listed us in top 5 even though after we offered he said were in the top of list.

Whats happening with Travis Bell. Is safety the only position he can play?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Good to hear. For the 2nd RB i really like Drake, but i have to wonder what kind of competion hes going against. It looks like hes runnin over those guys pretty easy. I even seen a play where their were like 5 guys trying to bring him down. Really would like Ken Malcome but I dont think he listed us in top 5 even though after we offered he said were in the top of list.

Whats happening with Travis Bell. Is safety the only position he can play?
Travis Bell reminds alot of people of Randy Phillips. I'm not sure how high of a priority he is or if we'll have room for him in the class.

I'm still hoping we pull Clements as the 2nd RB but thats doubtful right now. Bernard could still be an option tho.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

DeJoshua Johnson just named us in his top 3 with FSU, Tennesee, Miami. Im guessing in that order too. Are we after him that hard. Since were only taking 2 WR's, do we really need another slot? Not a huge need imo, but i guess would be a nice luxury. If it was a year that we load on WR's id be all for it.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

He's been FSU bound since birth. No need to worry about DJ Johnson.

Michaelee Harris, Shawn Corker, Kadron Boone, James Louis, Ivan McCartney, Chris Dunkley are much higher priorities with McCartney being the highest on our board.

Boone, Louis, Dunkley are all leaning UF ATM.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

New Mock Class:

QB- Dallas Lloyd, Pleasant Grove (UT) Pleasant Grove (3*)
RB-Darion Hall, Naples (FL) Lely (3*)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (4* Rivals100)
WR- Sean Tapley, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (3*)
TE- Lynden Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250)
TE- Brian Vogler, Columbus (GA) Brookstone School (4* Rivals250)
OL- Shane McDermott, Wellington (FL) Palm Beach Central (3*)
OL- Jonathan Feliciano, Davie (FL) Western (3*)
OL- Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (4* Rivals250)

OL- Brandon Linder, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4* Rivals250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)

DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals250)
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines HS (4* Rivals250)

DE-Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (4* Rivals100)
LB- Michael Taylor, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)
LB- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (4* Rivals100)
LB- Chase Williams, Leesburg (VA) Loudoun County (3*)
CB- Jeremy Davis, Fort Myers (FL) Fort Myers (NR)
CB- Darius Robinson, Atlanta (GA) Westlake (3*)
CB- Keion Payne, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*)
S- Brian Robinson, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (4*)
K- Mike Palardy, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas

Other Options:

QB- Brandon Hill, Audubon (NJ) Audubon (3*) NO OFFER
QB- Turner Baty, Ft Lauderdale (FL) St Thomas Aquinas (3*) NO OFFER
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T Washington (4* Rivals250) FSU
RB- Kendrun Malcome, Decatur (GA) Southwest Dekalb (3*) OU
RB- Tevin Drake, Brooksville (FL) Nature Coast (3*) FIU
TE- Zach Allen, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (3*) WAKE
TE- Kevin Haplea, Annandale (NJ) North Hunterdon Reg (3*)
WR- Joshua Reese, Miami (FL) Central (4* Rivals250) FSU
WR- James Louis, Delray Beach (FL) Atlantic (4* Rivals250) UF
WR- Shawn Corker, Ft Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons (3*) TTU
WR- Michael Lee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern (4* Rivals100) SEC
OL- Evan Washington, DeSoto (TX) DeSoto (4* Rivals250) LSU
OL- Tramell Williams, Jacksonville (FL) Robert E. Lee (3*) NO OFFER
LB- Jeff Luc, Port Saint Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast (5* Rivals100) FSU
LB- Tyrone Cornelius, Stone Mountain (GA) Stephenson (3*) GT
CB- Tony Grimes, Hollywood (FL) Hollywood Hills (3*) UGA/MICHIGAN
CB- Jonathan Mincy, Decatur (GA) Southwest Dekalb (3*) UGA
CB- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson (4* Rivals250) UA
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can scratch Dallas Lloyd off that list, he just committed to Stanford.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You can scratch Dallas Lloyd off that list, he just committed to Stanford.
Odd fit. He named them in his top 5 but I hadn't heard of them being anywhere near the to of his board besides that.

He's still scheduled to visit us and Nebraska who many thought were considered the to 2 schools for him from what I gathered.

Joseph Brennan looks like the next QB target for us with Brandon Hill and Turner Baty looking like the ones after that.

We are missing pretty badly on our QBs.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanford will be pretty good in about two years.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Stanford will be pretty good in about two years.
Going against the grain with that prediction huh?

(Note the sarcasm)
Old 06-02-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Odd fit. He named them in his top 5 but I hadn't heard of them being anywhere near the to of his board besides that.

He's still scheduled to visit us and Nebraska who many thought were considered the to 2 schools for him from what I gathered.

Joseph Brennan looks like the next QB target for us with Brandon Hill and Turner Baty looking like the ones after that.

We are missing pretty badly on our QBs.
Hey you leave Brennan alone...Temple needs him.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Hey you leave Brennan alone...Temple needs him.
Feeling pretty good about our odds if we are battling Temple

But on a more serious note, whats the deal with Brennan. He just recently got offered and expressed some serious interest right back but that's all I've heard so far.

He's a fairly new name for us.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Feeling pretty good about our odds if we are battling Temple

But on a more serious note, whats the deal with Brennan. He just recently got offered and expressed some serious interest right back but that's all I've heard so far.

He's a fairly new name for us.
I think it maybe because Miami is the only big name program offering him...out side of the NE area.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

What are the chances that Lache Seastrunk ends up with the U
Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not very good right now.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Our involvement with Seastrunk can't even be considered a recruitment. He's just one of those kids you offer and send mail to because he's a top talent. But we aren't actively trying to land him.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
fresssh
Rookie

Quote:
Our involvement with Seastrunk can't even be considered a recruitment. He's just one of those kids you offer and send mail to because he's a top talent. But we aren't actively trying to land him.
Thats what I could never understand. Im not talking about Seastrunk, but il use that as an example. If u read the rivals article with Keion Payne, why would we go after him that hard, meanwhile we back off guys like Demar Dorsey? Just like Dallas Lloyd. As interested as he sounded in us, it seems if we would have recruited him hard, at the very least he would have waited till he came on a visit before committing.

Last edited by fresssh : 06-03-2009 at 12:09 AM.