Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-07-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see us scoring that much. Realistically I see 13-6 OU, but we will have a change to win if and only if we have a passing game. We don't need Kirby to throw for 300 yards but he can't have the performance he had last week.

The thing we might have a problem with defensively is Murray. I really hope the coaches are smart enough to not let him get big gains and hopefully Kenny Phillips is just spying him the entire game. We should have enough team speed to keep him under control, but I'm worried a bit.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
What everyones predictions for the game tommarrow

I got

Miami 24
Oklahoma 10

James 120 Yards 2 TDs
Cooper 140 Yards 1 TD

Phillips 2 Ints
That's pretty bold
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
What everyones predictions for the game tommarrow

I got

Miami 24
Oklahoma 10

James 120 Yards 2 TDs
Cooper 140 Yards 1 TD

Phillips 2 Ints
I would love this but im scared, they are either going to blow us out or it will be a defensive battle that could go either way

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

17-13 Miami

James 85 yards, 1 TD
Cooper 70 yards

Freeman, 130 passing yards, 1 TD

Leggett, 4 catches, 36 yards
Shields, 3 catches, 51 yards, 1 td
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two Words: Bench Kirby!

Two More Words: Kirby Sucks!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Phillips is really, really, really bad. Can't defend a slant, can't defend a fade without looking back for the ball early, can't tackle. So many things went wrong in this game...

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami isn't a top 25 team. That is obvious. There is always next year.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Because they get beat by probably a top 3 team in the country? The final score may have been bad but we were in the game for a good amount of time. We're obviously not NC contenders but there is no reason this team can't win 8/9 games and the ACC still. Right now we're missing our #1 CB, our #1 LB (and captain of the defense) and our #2 DT (also lost our #3 DT in the game and had a DE playing DT for a good amount). When those guys get back, and the defense learns how to communicate better, I doubt teams will have anywhere near the success that OU had.

Also, yes Randy Phillips got beat, but leaving him one on one with Malcolm Kelly is just stupid. He's a top 5 WR in the country, most people would get beat like that. One of the TDs that's being blamed on him was a communication problem and I still think Cooper made the mistake not him. Hopefully when Sharpe comes back he can do a better job on the #1s.

Kyle Wright needs to start. I don't care what type of athlete Kirby is, Wright is an infinitely better passer, and Kirby doesn't even use his athleticism that well. All I know is I hope Marve figures it out and fast.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-09-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Randy Phillips is a safety. Shannon/Walton need to stop playing him at cornerback. He is a good player and he plays hard, but he doesn't have the hips or burst to play cornerback. He is a sure tackler and a playmaker, let him play safety.

Also. Kirby Freeman is horrible. He cannot make a simple throw. On the million screen passes we did to build his confidence, he would miss the receivers by about 5 yards. He has a noodle arm, and he can't throw the ball longer than 20 yards without having it float.

With all the things that went wrong and with all the injuries, it was a 21-13 against a national championship, which says that to me that while we obviously aren't where we want us to be, we aren't as far as some people think.

My biggest concern yesterday was our defensive play-calling. I would love to get a new defensive coordinator with some new plays. The only plays we ever call are Cover 2 Man, Cover 2 Zone, or a Sam blitz. I would love to have a John Tenuta or somebody similar in here calling the defense.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

One positive yesteday was Tavares Gooden. 14 tackles. He's really stepping up at MLB.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-09-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
That's real funny troll. What's funny is how VT & FSU aren't any better than us, therefore we have a very legitimate shot at the ACC 'ship and a BCS bowl. Next year will be better, I do agree on that.

Thoughts on the game (other than anger toward Phillips):

-Freeman has no accuracy, none whatsoever. We don't run enough option type plays to take advantage of his speed anyway, so why is he starting?

-Cooper had several plays where he needed one minor block to spring a TD. We should see plenty of those against defenses who don't have Reggie Smith & Curtis Lofton.

-Javarris needs to double up when he runs up the middle. We can't afford those kinds of turnovers.

-We need someone to step up as a playmaker at receiver.

- Why is Richard Gordon returning kicks? I know he's fast but by the time he reaches maximum speed he gets hit by 3 players.

-Our LBs are great. Rare bright spot in the game.

-Kenny Phillips disappeared.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-09-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Because they get beat by probably a top 3 team in the country? The final score may have been bad but we were in the game for a good amount of time. We're obviously not NC contenders but there is no reason this team can't win 8/9 games and the ACC still. Right now we're missing our #1 CB, our #1 LB (and captain of the defense) and our #2 DT (also lost our #3 DT in the game and had a DE playing DT for a good amount). When those guys get back, and the defense learns how to communicate better, I doubt teams will have anywhere near the success that OU had.

Also, yes Randy Phillips got beat, but leaving him one on one with Malcolm Kelly is just stupid. He's a top 5 WR in the country, most people would get beat like that. One of the TDs that's being blamed on him was a communication problem and I still think Cooper made the mistake not him. Hopefully when Sharpe comes back he can do a better job on the #1s.

Kyle Wright needs to start. I don't care what type of athlete Kirby is, Wright is an infinitely better passer, and Kirby doesn't even use his athleticism that well. All I know is I hope Marve figures it out and fast.
You were in the game for about a quarter :x
Old 09-09-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Kenny didn't really disappear. He had 13 tackles and did a very good job on Murray in the open field. No one beat in coverage. Maybe he can make some more plays but he wasn't really thrown at and he did have a FF.

<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 09-09-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
You were in the game for about a quarter
It was 21-13 in the 3rd quarter. :/ I didn't know 8 points wasn't in it. It was 28-13 with 16 minutes left in the game.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-09-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It was 21-13 in the 3rd quarter. :/ I didn't know 8 points wasn't in it.
You rallied back in the 3rd quarter. It wasn't very close till the end of the second quarter, and still wasn't that close then. You came back in third to make a field goal. Then we swept away. You were in it for a quarterish, which there are 4. Sorry, I am like the only Oklahoma fan and it's OU/Miami, I have to do some talking :)
Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Even if we came back, doesn't that mean we were still in it?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-09-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

You didn't really come back. The only time you were in it really was the first half of the 3rd quarter.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
You didn't really come back. The only time you were in it really was the first half of the 3rd quarter.
If we were in it in the 3rd quarter wouldn't we have to be in it in the 2nd quarter?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Did we watch the same game? Score wise, yeah maybe you were in the game, but the way you were playing, no. You had one big drive and it resulted in a TD, and it took what 7 plays ( Except for the first PI). Your offense couldn't really move the ball, and the D didn't really stop that much. Score isn't the greatest indicator.

You came back at the end of the 2nd quarter to make it from a double digit lead to an 8 point lead. Our fumbles and horrible snap kept you in the game.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Did we watch the same game? Score wise, yeah maybe you were in the game, but the way you were playing, no. You had one big drive and it resulted in a TD, and it took what 7 plays ( Except for the first PI). Your offense couldn't really move the ball, and the D didn't really stop that much. Score isn't the greatest indicator.

You came back at the end of the 2nd quarter to make it from a double digit lead to an 8 point lead. Our fumbles and horrible snap kept you in the game.
Exactly. We were in the game. We had some momentum and were doing some things with Wright. You guys had 2 drives, we had one, we both made mistakes that let up points (you guys scored 7, we got 3). After that the offense fell apart and it was over. You guys scored 27 points in the last 16 minutes, did you guys beat us convincingly? Yes, I'm not saying we were going to win this at any point, but the final score doesn't tell the talent of the team.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 09-09-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Exactly. We were in the game. We had some momentum and were doing some things with Wright. You guys had 2 drives, we had one, we both made mistakes that let up points (you guys scored 7, we got 3). After that the offense fell apart and it was over. You guys scored 27 points in the last 16 minutes, did you guys beat us convincingly? Yes, I'm not saying we were going to win this at any point, but the final score doesn't tell the talent of the team.
Oh, I agree. I'm just arguing with you because of all the Miami fans talking **** at the bars on OU's campus :). Your offense needed to do something so that your defense isn't on the field the whole time. I was scared of this game and am actually surprised of the final score.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

So guys how do you think Calais will look in S&B.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
So guys how do you think Calais will look in S&B.
A hell of a lot better than Tyler Brayton or w/e.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-10-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly we need some consistancy with the passing game, OU put 8 in the box on most plays and we kept going 3 & out, even if we have to start Marve to get a spark we have to do something

And no offense to OU I thought we would beat thier asses, but they proved they are a legit BCS caliber team and the rest of the nation should take notice

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Honestly we need some consistancy with the passing game, OU put 8 in the box on most plays and we kept going 3 & out, even if we have to start Marve to get a spark we have to do something

And no offense to OU I thought we would beat thier asses, but they proved they are a legit BCS caliber team and the rest of the nation should take notice
I'm calling it right now, just so everyone is aware. If Oklahoma returns all or most of their juniors they will be one of the best college teams ever next year. 4 Senior starters leaving....

sig by BoneKrusher