Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-17-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryan Stinespring reverted to his old playcalling, he lost us yet another game.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I rely on it aside from the GT, VT & OU games. They didn't even have FSU up here for some reason. The #2 most watched CFB game on ESPN....yet Canadians are too ******** to televise it. We got poker or billiards instead I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
As a fellow Canadian, I feel your pain. Though I have a time shift so I get all the broadcast from all the zones in Canada. Out here in the west, its almost always some Pac-10 game.
I do feel your pain guys. I tried to solve this problem by purchasing the Sports Pack for the football season on Rogers thinking it'd show enough of the premier college games, though that hasn't worked out the way I'd like. I can't even watch USC games on a weekly basis. I understand if it's versus a team like San Jose State, but not Cal??? The only Miami game from memory that I remember them televising was the opening game, which was classic, and that's about it. It's much easier to be an NFL fan up here.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please anybody but UVA for the Coastal lol.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I do feel your pain guys. I tried to solve this problem by purchasing the Sports Pack for the football season on Rogers thinking it'd show enough of the premier college games, though that hasn't worked out the way I'd like. I can't even watch USC games on a weekly basis. I understand if it's versus a team like San Jose State, but not Cal??? The only Miami game from memory that I remember them televising was the opening game, which was classic, and that's about it. It's much easier to be an NFL fan up here.
I too have bought the sports pack and I am also from Canada. The sports pack has made being a fan great. Before on saturdays I either had the choice of watching a Big Ten game, SEC or Notre Dame. Now I have watched all of Miami's games but two.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagU View Post
I too have bought the sports pack and I am also from Canada. The sports pack has made being a fan great. Before on saturdays I either had the choice of watching a Big Ten game, SEC or Notre Dame. Now I have watched all of Miami's games but two.
OU and GT you'd expect because they were primetime games. I was mainly talking outside of those games. The Sports Pack does add a variety of games, but not if you're looking for a marquee team to follow every week.

Last edited by 619 : 10-17-2009 at 08:19 PM.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OU and GT you'd expect because they were primetime games. I was mainly talking outside of those games. The Sports Pack does add a variety of games, but not if you're looking for a marquee team to follow every week.
I meant they give you the option to watch alot of games then normal cable would. But it has given me the benefit to watch my canes more then usual.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last year every Miami game was on the super sports pack except the Virginia game which was on a channel that's included in the TMN package.

SEC and PAC-10 coverage was pretty weak though.

Anyways, doesn't VT still lead for the Coastal? I'm confused...don't you guys have to lose twice for us to get it?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last year every Miami game was on the super sports pack except the Virginia game which was on a channel that's included in the TMN package.

Anyways, doesn't VT still lead for the Coastal? I'm confused...don't you guys have to lose twice for us to get it?
From what I understand, if Miami, Vt and GT all win out in the ACC, Miami would win the tiebreaker. I could be wrong though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

Quote:

If the canes win against UCF then we move in to a tie with Vtech and Gtech. Although Vtech would be first since they beat us. So we need one more loss from Vtech to win the coastal.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the canes win against UCF then we move in to a tie with Vtech. Although Vtech would be first since they beat us. So we need one more loss from Vtech to win the coastal.
If Gt wins out it would be a 3 team tie. Gt won over VT. Miami over GT and VT over Miami. I think we have the tiebreaker.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
If Gt wins out it would be a 3 team tie. Gt won over VT. Miami over GT and VT over Miami. I think we have the tiebreaker.
Yeah we have the tiebreaker over Gtech. But if all three win out im not sure how it works. How did it work last year in the Big 12?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah we have the tiebreaker over Gtech. But if all three win out im not sure how it works. How did it work last year in the Big 12?
BCS standings, but I think it varies by conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
B. Three (or More) Team Tie
(Once tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format is used)

1. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
2. Records of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional or conference) record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last.
4. Overall record for non-divisional teams.
5. Combined record versus all common non-divisional teams.
6. Record versus common non-divisional with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional record) and proceeding through the other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within the division.
7. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the conclusion of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the ACC Championship Game.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw.
http://accfootballreport.blogspot.co...-tutorial.html
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
From what I understand, if Miami, Vt and GT all win out in the ACC, Miami would win the tiebreaker. I could be wrong though.
Posted this on another board.

If Miami (Fl.), GT, and VT all end the season with one loss in the ACC...

If the BCS poll gos (assuming second place is within five spots of number one)
VT GT UM
GT wins ACC

VT UM GT
VT wins ACC

GT VT UM
GT wins ACC

GT UM VT
UM wins ACC

UM VT GT
VT wins ACC

UM GT VT
UM wins ACC

So I am hoping we stay ahead of GT. That would probably be tough, though. Luckily they still play some decent teams (UVA is off and on, Duke is off and on, Georgia is off and on), and the UGA game in this situation actually matters.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it went to like the 5th tiebreaker last year, so i dont know if it is bcs. I just want 10 wins, i dont care if we goto the music city bowl

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Just by looking at the schedules', VT is in the drivers seat. They have the easiest schedule remaining. GT has UGA left and Miami has South Florida.

Edit: Its very possible that GT falls to UGA and Miami falls to USF. That would give VT the advantage in the BCS rankings.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 10-17-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

J12 did his thing tonight when he wasn't being sacked, 20-26. Besides that Pipho is the worst OL I've ever seen. Allowed 3 sacks tonight, 2 vs. Va Tech, 2 vs. FSU, 1 vs. OU as well. Bowers is going to own his soul next week. I wanna see Benjamin Jones getting more valuable PT since he's going to be our Left Tackle next year. Good to see Sean Spence back on track with 2 sacks himself.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:20 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
J12 did his thing tonight when he wasn't being sacked, 20-26. Besides that Pipho is the worst OL I've ever seen. Allowed 3 sacks tonight, 2 vs. Va Tech, 2 vs. FSU, 1 vs. OU as well. Bowers is going to own his soul next week. I wanna see Benjamin Jones getting more valuable PT since he's going to be our Left Tackle next year. Good to see Sean Spence back on track with 2 sacks himself.
1st time I agreed with you in....ever?

Pipho is complete garbage. It's like we brought back Reggie Youngblood and colored him white. He's gonna cost us a game at some point like Youngblood in the Emerald Bowl. Jones looked good in the FAMU game and at least he's athletic enough to kickslide and meet the DE without falling on his ass and watching him nail Jacory.

You sure it was just 3 sacks last night? I counted at least 6-7 times he got beat, and I mean beat BAD. Against ******* UCF.....it's a joke.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this was earlier in the season I might be more concerned with how they will handle Clemson's pass rush. But the O-Line has faced some of the best D-Lines and best pass rushers in the country.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Fire John Lovett.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damien Berry. <3

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

FML our kick coverage is terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Keeping your contain on kickoff coverage is even easier than it looks.....IDK how college and pro contain guys are so bad at their job.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

We better win the next 4 games by 100 combined.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game was lost before the half on the kickoff return and the terrible clock management. Whipple was furious with Randy for calling his last timeout, they could have gotten a touchdown before the half easily.

Also not a fan of the playcalling after the 19 yd run. Get Jacory out of the pocket on 3rd down or give him more options. Poor.

Props to Pipho btw for all the **** he took Bowers beat him maybe once.