Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-06-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be highway robery if FSU gets into a better bowl game then yall or even the ACC runner ups.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
So Steward Mandel is predicting they'll end up in the Champs Sports Bowl against Northwestern. It's not that good of a matchup but it would give an opportunity to get a 10 win season which would be a big step forward for the program. Anyone here any other projections?
that would be the biggest wtf of the year for me as a canes fan

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Champs Sports Bowl has announced that it has paired Miami against Wisconsin for the game in Orlando, which will be played Tuesday, Dec. 29, at 8 p.m. at the Citrus Bowl.
Pretty lame that it isn't the Gator bowl but I should be able to go to this game so yay!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I come with, DG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOE is already sleeping on my couch so you have to find somewhere else to stay.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-06-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll sleep with BOE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 30 for 30 show on The U is on tonight. Hopefully I can watch it.

I was watching the preview on ESPN, and its so lame that they lost to Penn State in '87. That was the most badass team ever. It would of been too sick if they came out and dominateed.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check this fellas

And they would have won that game if not for 5 INTs by Vinny. Horrid performance.

Last edited by djp : 12-12-2009 at 03:21 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-12-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was ******* awesome!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Check this fellas

And they would have won that game if not for 5 INTs by Vinny. Horrid performance.
I think you are confusing the 2 different games. Vinny threw 5 picks against Penn State. Erickson was the QB of the Cotton Bowl which they won.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i just saw it. That was AWESOME, i think i might watch it again. I just wish they went all the way..or showed some Ray Lewis.

Who was the Rb they kept showing 1989-1992
Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
That was ******* awesome!!!!
Agreed. Learned a lot about the history of the U. We dominated the 80's and easily could have won a few more National Championships.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I think you are confusing the 2 different games. Vinny threw 5 picks against Penn State. Erickson was the QB of the Cotton Bowl which they won.
I know. That was for the Cotton Bowl. Somebody had posted about how we lost the fatigues game above my post.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

This song > You

Also djp, I'm so jealous of your avy.

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-14-2009 at 06:38 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah i just saw it. That was AWESOME, i think i might watch it again. I just wish they went all the way..or showed some Ray Lewis.

Who was the Rb they kept showing 1989-1992
Are you talking Melvin Bratton?

He blew his knee out in the title game and pretty much ended his career, he woulda been a sick NFLer. Probably one of the best pass catching RB prospects ever.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Ever since Joey left this site, our Cane thread as been very slow.

I really like our chances against Wisconsin. Whipple will get a month to pick and prepare for their defense. Last time he had this long we picked apart FSU's. We also will be able to get some players healthy, most important Jacory's thumb, Fox, and Spence.

Also on recruiting, we going to land any big names.

I have been seeing the sites a lot of different names thrown out there. This recruiting class has been very different between commits and decommits.

Some names.. (you can tell me if we have a chance)

Todd Chandler, just read he would sign with FIU if he had to sign today

Christian Thomas TE, IMO, if we can get him to come here and he sees our lack of depth would be a monster get. We have Walford and Ford coming in, along with Sanders from last years class. Thomas would be that top name TE we haven't got in a couple years. I'd love to see him in the class.

Will Tye TE, a three star that we just started recruiting. We don't have an offer out there for him yet, but I feel we will offer if we don't get Thomas.

Brandon Linder, must get in my opinion. Said he wants to play early. I think he will sign here and because of his versatility he could play all three spots for us next year.

Brandon Willis, seems like a longshot because we are on him so late. But he is frustrated with the Tennessee scandal. He did say he will decide after our visit.

Jermaine Burton, are we recruiting him just for us to get Linder? He doesnt seem like a top caliber lineman like the rest of the class.

A couple other names I will throw out is..
McCartney and Dunkley for WRs. I have been hearing we are leading for them both, but then I hear we just in the mix.
For LB, Christian Jones, I would love him in our class, but looks like a Seminole.
For CB, Ricardo Allen, said he would switch commitments if we offered him. We also could pull his WR teammate OJ Ross if we offered Allen.

Anything else I am missing?

Last edited by tolnaballa : 12-15-2009 at 09:39 AM.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Dunkley elimanted us a few days ago. McCartney might be a grade casualty. Would be a big loss. There are a bunch of DTs being recruited right now, at least 5 different guys getting serious looks. If Buxton gets pushed out of this class I expect Allen to get an offer (might not if Godfrey comes, I doubt he gets more than a year at QB if he does get one). Christian Jones would be an amazing get, I read his family was more attached to Bobby than to FSU, would be the top notch guy that this class needs to make it great.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-16-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the general consensus among Canes fans about Jakhari Gore? I'm a little disappointed we never pursued him. I guess it was a mutual thing, but I can't believe he's not going to the U! :(

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there anywhere I can watch "The U" documentary in it's entirety?
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Is there anywhere I can watch "The U" documentary in it's entirety?
You could torrent it.. I don't have a good stream link, but if I find one, I'll message you with it.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Jason Fox out for the bowl game. Franklin to start at LT, Washington at LG. A little concerned with Franklin going against Schofield in his second start at LT. Excited that Washington is getting his 2nd start though.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-19-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Jason Fox out for the bowl game. Franklin to start at LT, Washington at LG. A little concerned with Franklin going against Schofield in his second start at LT. Excited that Washington is getting his 2nd start though.
Sucks that Jason Fox being a senior and all. Schofield vs. Franklin is going to be key. It will tell us a lot about Franklin heading into next year.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever happened to Jermain Johnson, the JUCO transfer from 2009's class?

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

I think you mean PREP school, OT, Jermaine Johnson. He is a little raw yet for a freshman. More of a project than Washington at Gaurd.
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote