Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
He is better you just can't say Smith is as good just yet. Landry will be a pro bowler within the next 3 years.
It's possible, but you can't guarantee he'll be a pro-bowler.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he will be a pro bowler, you just said Smith has the talent to be on Ed Reed's level.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
He said he will be a pro bowler, you just said Smith has the talent to be on Ed Reed's level.
The Talent, like Potential, isn't a given or guarantee. He basically said "Book it, Landry will be a pro bowler in 3 years".

When you look at the SS's across the AFC, thats going to be pretty difficult...

You have:

Troy Polamalu, Steelers
Donte Whitner, Bills
Sean Jones, Browns
Antoine Bethea, Colts
Bernard Pollard, Chiefs
Rodney Harrison, Chargers
Michael Huff, Raiders
Chris Hope, Titans

Landry is good but Guaranteeing a Pro-Bowler is far more than me saying that Smith has talent/tools/potential to someday make Reeds level.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry making the pro bowl is a possibility, Smith doesn't have the talent of Ed Reed, not even close.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-06-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

putting Rodney Harrison on any list is like putting Junior Seau, LeCharles Bentley, Joe Thiesman, Napoleon McCallum on a list.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
putting Rodney Harrison on any list is like putting Junior Seau, LeCharles Bentley, Joe Thiesman, Napoleon McCallum on a list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVchNFaUiVc
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah exactly. point made thanks
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

As a chargers fan, I'm kind of suprised we got ranked that high. Our safety position has been the weakest position on our team now for several years and our starters are only getting older.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bills got shafted.........w/e no biggie.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Landry making the pro bowl is a possibility, Smith doesn't have the talent of Ed Reed, not even close.
You're right, we should judge him by 4 games and say he doesn't have Ed Reed possibilities. Smith is very talented and could develop to be a great FS. I'm going to stop and let him prove it.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

The Steelers at #1 is laughable. Anthony Smith showed flashes, but made his share of mistakes as well. Troy P was AVERAGE last year. Reed is the best in the game just ahead of Dawkins, and Landry was the top rookie defensive back in 2006. I watched Mark Clayton and Demetrius Williams tear up those Pittsburgh safeties last season. Again, laughable.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 06-07-2007 at 12:25 AM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
can we stop talking about the steelers/ravens and discuss what a travesty it is that the broncos even made an appearance on that list?
No kidding.

I would actually be afraid of the Bailey/Bly tandem if the Broncos actually had a safety worth a damn. John Lynch and Nick Ferguson are both huge liabilities in coverage. Who cares if the Broncos have Bailey and Bly when teams are going to pick apart the middle of the field. Bailey and Bly had better be good because they are not going to receive much help over the top.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
You're right, we should judge him by 4 games and say he doesn't have Ed Reed possibilities. Smith is very talented and could develop to be a great FS. I'm going to stop and let him prove it.
So does Jimmy Williams, but I'm not saying anything about him being a great FS. The general rule of thumb; presume a young player won't develop as anticipated, that saves a lot of needless debate over conjecture.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
So does Jimmy Williams, but I'm not saying anything about him being a great FS. The general rule of thumb; presume a young player won't develop as anticipated, that saves a lot of needless debate over conjecture.
No, I think he is right, it's much more realistic to judge him on 4 games and say he has the talent of the best safety in the game.

<njx9> <3 dg