Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Badgers
I knew there was a reason why I liked you.
The Badgers should be in a BCS game, but becuase of a BS rule they wrote before when there was only 8 teams in the BCS.
That rule really hurts the Big Ten and SEC.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Badgers
The Badgers should be in a BCS game, but becuase of a BS rule they wrote before when there was only 8 teams in the BCS.
I know, but Wisconsin should be in the BCS over Notre Dame.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

I like Arkansas. I really think Houston Nutt will get creative and come up with some gadget plays, especially out of their Wildcat formation, to negate the poor passing game. I like the Razorbacks to come out strong and then control the ball with Darren McFadden, who should carve the Badger defense and solidify himself as the top running back in the nation next year.

If the Razorbacks come out like I expect, it neutralizes P.J. Hill and puts a lot of pressure on John Stocco. If Wisconsin goes down by two scores or more they are in trouble, as Stocco has never shown me that he can move the ball consistently on his own.

I believe Wisconsin is a good team, but not as good as their ranking implies. Arkansas, on the other hand, is better than their ranking implies.

Arkansas 27, Wisconsin 14.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Badgers
Yep, there are ten teams that make a BCS game, Wisconsin is #7 in the BCS standings yet #11 gets in and they dont.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Badgers
Yep, there are ten teams that make a BCS game, Wisconsin is #7 in the BCS standings yet #11 gets in and they dont.

Yep, and that is cuz of the rule that was written in when it was 8 teams. Now, there are ten teams, and 5 at large berths instead of 3.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Wisconsin should be in over Notre Dame, and I think Auburn is more deserving than Wake, but they have an automatic bid,
Old 12-04-2006, 02:06 AM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Too bad Ikegwuono had to be a dumbass and go get himself arrested.
You really shouldn't call somebody a dumbass unless you know the facts of a case. From my understanding, Ike's brother Bill is his identical twin, and it's somewhat a case of mistaken identity. And Bill didn't even do anything that bad, as I've heard all he did was illegally enter somebody's abode to get his own XBox back, so it wasn't stealing. It would really be out of character for Ike to do something like this. He's not going to jeopardize an NFL career and status in a bowl game, for a friggin X-box. He could just get one for free from a big football fan if he wanted one that badly. He really does seem like a good kid, and pretty smart as well. He will likely be exonerated in this case. Either way, he should play in the Cap One, because in this country you are innocent until proven guilty, and his court date isn't until after the bowl game. He should be reinstated. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's tough though because he's always going to have his name associated with this incident now.

Anyway, I think the Badgers bring 8-9 up into the box to stop the run. They have the corners to cover one on one, including Ike. Hopefully that will be enough. Ike and Langford should never leave their receivers, even on a hand off, because we know Arkansas likes the trick play, and they have a couple guys outside their QB who can throw it. Wisconsin should be able to do some things against the Arkansas D. Especially with the running game and I think Beckum will be a mismatch on their linebackers. I like their cornerback Houston, and I don't think we should go at him much. He's better than our receivers. I think Wisconsin wins in a very good game. Like some said, this is better than a couple of the BCS games.
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:52 AM    (permalink
WiskyPride

obviously I'm biased, but I think the Badgers have a shot to win this game by 2 or 3 scores. They (Wisky) are ALWAYS underdogs. They have won 3 Rose Bowls and many other bowl games since '94. How people still bet against them is beyond me. Wasn't Auburn 14 point favorites 11 months ago? Didn't Wisky win by 14, while downing the ball on the one yard line to not rub it in?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:09 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Quote:
Quote:
Wisconsin should be in over Notre Dame
OMG NO THEY SHOULDNT

yodachu i normally agree with you so this hurts for me to about to dominate you here,

Wisconsin didnt get screwed over, you want to know why they arent in a BCS bowl

Because they didnt beat a single ranked team and they got lucky and didnt have to play Ohio State and there non conference schedulue was hands down the weakest in the nation, 5 bucks to name a team that had a easier non confernce schedule.

wisconsin played at Bowling Green (4-8) home vs Western Illinois (5-6) home vs San Diego State (3-9) home vs Buffalo (2-10)

Wisconsin doesnt even deserve to be in the Capitol One Bowl

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Quote:
Quote:
OMG NO THEY SHOULDNT

yodachu i normally agree with you so this hurts for me to about to dominate you here,

Because they didnt beat a single ranked team and they got lucky and didnt have to play Ohio State and there non conference schedulue was hands down the weakest in the nation, 5 bucks to name a team that had a easier non confernce schedule.

wisconsin played at Bowling Green (4-8) home vs Western Illinois (5-6) home vs San Diego State (3-9) home vs Buffalo (2-10)

That's not why, they're not in one because of the 2 teams per conference rule. That fact that they are #7 and not in one is what pisses me off. If the coaches and media and computers have them that high they need to be in a BCS game. In the coaches poll they are 5th, you don't think that they know what they are voting for.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Quote:
Quote:
OMG NO THEY SHOULDNT

They beat PSU, who's #24 (in the harris poll :D )

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:33 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But USC should play in a BCS game when they lost 2 games to unranked opponents? Who did Boise St. play? Who did ND beat? They got their ass handed to them by Michigan and USC. UW was right with Michigan until late in the game. Wisconsin deserves in as much as most of these other teams do.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:44 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wisky knocks off the 3rd best in the SEC for the 2nd straight year as PJ Hill runs behind Joe Thomas all day.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Closet poll we have for the bowl games. Can't get any closer than 50-50 but all the others are completely one-sided, should be a great game.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

I think McFadden will find a way to make a couple big plays that will result in a win for the Razorbacks

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:34 AM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Im sorry Wisconsin does not even deserve to be in best non BCS bowl, they havent beat ANYONE, and Penn State was not ranked when they played them.

Hey Wisconsin fans stop complaining about the BCS and go on the road and play Texas or at Notre Dame kick their ass then talk to me about being in a BCS bowl, instead you go to power house Bowling Green and beat them and expect to be considered with Michigan and Ohio State.

Wisconsin has proven nothing to me,

and they are not in a BCS because THEY HAVENT DONE SH%T THIS YEAR, the two teams in same conference is a good rule because an undeserving team like Wisconsin does not deserve to be considered with the elite of college football.

first to 500 posts
Old 12-05-2006, 12:53 AM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Im sorry Wisconsin does not even deserve to be in best non BCS bowl, they havent beat ANYONE, and Penn State was not ranked when they played them.

Hey Wisconsin fans stop complaining about the BCS and go on the road and play Texas or at Notre Dame kick their ass then talk to me about being in a BCS bowl, instead you go to power house Bowling Green and beat them and expect to be considered with Michigan and Ohio State.

and they are not in a BCS because THEY HAVENT DONE SH%T THIS YEAR, the two teams in same conference is a good rule because an undeserving team like Wisconsin does not deserve to be considered with the elite of college football.
Who deserves the BCS game?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:41 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
But USC should play in a BCS game when they lost 2 games to unranked opponents? Who did Boise St. play? Who did ND beat? They got their ass handed to them by Michigan and USC. UW was right with Michigan until late in the game. Wisconsin deserves in as much as most of these other teams do.
Ehh after midway through the 4th it was clear Wisconsin was not gonna score again
Old 12-05-2006, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Big_Brother

Lol why should they go and play Texas ND etc, to prove it to who? People that couldn't put them in the BCS anyways?

Even if they had done so and won every out-of-conference game... they still wouldn't be in the BCS because of 1 loss at Mich and the 2 teams per conference rule... and then everyone would be even more pissed off, so they got into the best bowl they possibly could this year (if you gaurantee that loss at Mich and OSU winning them all) so it's a good thing they had the schedule they had.

The rest of the big ten was supposed to be much better this year, and the Badgers couldn't really help how crappy the teams they beat were (in conference that is.) The one thing you CAN help is who you lose to, and losing to the #2 (now 3 I guess) team in the country in a road game is about as understandable of a loss as a team can have.

That all being said, I think this is going to be a close game and Wisconsin better show up, because this is basically there only chance to show just how good they are, or aren't. So we'll see in January.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Brother
Lol why should they go and play Texas ND etc, to prove it to who? People that couldn't put them in the BCS anyways?

Even if they had done so and won every out-of-conference game... they still wouldn't be in the BCS because of 1 loss at Mich and the 2 teams per conference rule... and then everyone would be even more pissed off, so they got into the best bowl they possibly could this year (if you gaurantee that loss at Mich and OSU winning them all) so it's a good thing they had the schedule they had.

The rest of the big ten was supposed to be much better this year, and the Badgers couldn't really help how crappy the teams they beat were (in conference that is.) The one thing you CAN help is who you lose to, and losing to the #2 (now 3 I guess) team in the country in a road game is about as understandable of a loss as a team can have.

That all being said, I think this is going to be a close game and Wisconsin better show up, because this is basically there only chance to show just how good they are, or aren't. So we'll see in January.
Nice post that's what I was going to say. Say they had beat Notre Dame and Virginia Tech, 2 top 15 teams, they are in the same spot as they are now.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Bowling Green
Hey man, BG is a tough team for Big Ten powerhouses to beat...

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:55 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by srv fan
Quote:
Bowling Green
Hey man, BG is a tough team for Big Ten powerhouses to beat...
well that was Wisconsins toughest non conference game in a conference schedulue that did not include tOSU

first to 500 posts
Old 12-06-2006, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU

But then why is Boise St. in a BCS game?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Featherstone

Wisconsin didn't play anybody but apparently Army, Navy, Air Force, Stanford, North Carolina, Michigan State and Purdue is murderers row.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink

Ill like arkansas evan though casy dick sucks. But if D-Fad plays like he did in SEC Championship I go the other way.