Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-12-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
Again, what makes Michigan so much better than Florida? Florida played a harder schedule than Michigan as well. Michigan fans are unbelievable
Did you read anything I just wrote?
Old 12-12-2006, 06:18 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Again, what makes Michigan so much better than Florida? Florida played a harder schedule than Michigan as well. Michigan fans are unbelievable
You would save a lot of time if you just went back a few threads and read all this stupid stuff, but I will give it to you anyway because I know everyone loves to listen to Michigan fans.

Michigan's schedule #3 and Florida's was #1.. HUGE DIFFERENCE?!?!!

Michigan handled every team they played, outside of tOSU.
Florida needed about 40 blocked kicks vs usc.
Florida needed some botched punt vs Arkansas.
Florida needed 10 turn overs from every good team they barely beat.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3 at tOSU.
Florida lost to a decent 2 loss team on the road.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:20 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

hmm..

the SEC - auburn, arkansas, etc...

Michigan only played Ohio State and an overrated Notre Dame team...yeah that sounds even

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:21 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
hmm..

Michigan only played Ohio State and an overrated Notre Dame team...yeah that sounds even
And the #7 team in the nation Wisconsin.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
hmm..

Yeah, a power house. Just look at these teams they beat.

Bowling Green W 35-14
Western Illinois W 34-10
San Diego State W 14-0
(6) Michigan L 13-27
Indiana W 52-17
Northwestern W 41-9
Minnesota W 48-12
Purdue W 24-3
Illinois W 30-24
Penn State W 13-3
Iowa W 24-21
Buffalo W 35-3
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Quote:
hmm..

Bowling Green W 35-14
Western Illinois W 34-10
San Diego State W 14-0
(6) Michigan L 13-27
Indiana W 52-17
Northwestern W 41-9
Minnesota W 48-12
Purdue W 24-3
Illinois W 30-24
Penn State W 13-3
Iowa W 24-21
Buffalo W 35-3
And look at all the non-conference games the overrated SEC won.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hmm..

Bowling Green W 35-14
Western Illinois W 34-10
San Diego State W 14-0
(6) Michigan L 13-27
Indiana W 52-17
Northwestern W 41-9
Minnesota W 48-12
Purdue W 24-3
Illinois W 30-24
Penn State W 13-3
Iowa W 24-21
Buffalo W 35-3
And look at all the non-conference games the overrated SEC won.
You go look at it.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink
danman253

As for hte number 2 arguement. Look at Michigans game by game perforance conversely against UF. Beside Michigans loss to the bet team i nthe nation, Michigan won every game pretty easily. Its closest game, Ball State, was a 3 score lead at the end of the third quarter.

Florida could have easily lost three games if the SEC knew how to kick field goals...
Old 12-12-2006, 06:57 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
I would love to see USC deflate Michigan's huge ego
A USC fan talking about another teams ego. How ironic....
Old 12-12-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Good one danman, you get upset when someone calls you "sparky" then you call another poster dumb?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I would love to see USC deflate Michigan's huge ego
I fully expect it.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I voted for Michigan. I think they have too many weapons on defense to overpower USC. I'm defenitly looking forward to the Dwayne Jarrett vs. Leon Hall match-ups that will occur that game. I think LaMar Woodley will have a good game coming off the edge and take down JDB a couple times. I also look for Manningham to have a great game.

Final Score

Michigan 31 vs. Southern Cal 21
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, let's put it this way, if tOSU loses to florida, are you michigan fans still gonna complain about not playing in the NC? What if you guys lose to USC, are you guys still gonna complain about not having been able to play in the NC? you guys aren't number 2 the rest of the world has got over it, so should you.

What is it you guys want? a plaque or trophy that says you guys are the 2nd best team in America? How bout instead of letting you guys have a rematch with tOSU, we just give you guys the NC?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

the answer to the question is Michigan is going to keep on bitchin' about their position in any scenario because thats what they do best

Old 12-12-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Also anyone who thinks the Big 10 is harder than the SEC is clearly dillusional, I dont care if some of the SEC teams may have been a little overrated this year the Big 10 was still softer. And you are talking about how dominant Michigan is against teams like Bowling Green and Ball State? Big whoop

Old 12-12-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good one danman, you get upset when someone calls you "sparky" then you call another poster dumb?

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Alright, let's put it this way, if tOSU loses to florida, are you michigan fans still gonna complain about not playing in the NC? What if you guys lose to USC, are you guys still gonna complain about not having been able to play in the NC? you guys aren't number 2 the rest of the world has got over it, so should you.

What is it you guys want? a plaque or trophy that says you guys are the 2nd best team in America? How bout instead of letting you guys have a rematch with tOSU, we just give you guys the NC?
I wanna give Ohio State the trophy and play Florida. That's what I want. Is that good enough for you? And don't for one second act like, if USC beat UCLA but Michigan got in the title game, you wouldn't be bitching. When people don't get what they want, they *****... That's life for you. Don't you dare single us Michigan fans out as the only people who are complaining. Auburn fans bitched in 2004, USC fans bitched in 2003, Oregon fans bitched in 2001, Kansas State fans bitched in 1998, Miami fans bitched in 2000. See a trend? When people don't get what they want, they *****. Get over it. If you don't like bitching, stop acknowledging people who *****.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:

Irarely listen to you, you hate me so your posts are worthless
Old 12-12-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:

says the guy who thinks putting me in his sig is cool :roll:
Old 12-12-2006, 11:16 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Also anyone who thinks the Big 10 is harder than the SEC is clearly dillusional, I dont care if some of the SEC teams may have been a little overrated this year the Big 10 was still softer. And you are talking about how dominant Michigan is against teams like Bowling Green and Ball State? Big whoop

How about beating ND by 26 on the road, or pasting Wisconsin? That bad?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:16 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

I am singling Michigan out because they are the ones who are bitching about where they are...if they didn't want to be number 3 they should have beaten Ohio State...simple fact.

Second, you are right I would have been apalled if USC wasn't able to leap Michigan after being a mid season 1 loss team where as Michigan had just lost at the very end of the season and they lost to the same opponent they would have been playing in the title game.

I would be in favor of Michigan going to the title game if Ohio State wasn't going and they lost early than they did......hell, id even slightly consider giving Michigan a rematch had it had been a loss midway or beginning of the season to Ohio State but thats not how it went. They lost their final game (just like USC). Michigan and USC both deserve to be at the Rosebowl in my opinion. Michigan is not some special exception to the rule. thats BS

Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
danman253

RW i doubt you watched Michigan outside of the OSU game. Michigan has been dominant all season, they have not escaped out of games like USC has.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:22 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Wrong, I have watched Michigan outside of Ohio State...I havent been watching every single game but I have been following them.

Michigan owed their dominance to a pretty soft schedule. The only real big opponent they faced was Ohio State.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:22 PM    (permalink
snuff

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings?week=2

BCS poll has Michigan over USC when both were undefeated.

Quote:
Wrong, I have watched Michigan outside of Ohio State...I havent been watching every single game but I have been following them.

Michigan owed their dominance to a pretty soft schedule. The only real big opponent they faced was Ohio State.
And who the hell did you beat?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:24 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

what the hell does that mean? that was october! this is december...