Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-12-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Nate Longshore, Justin Forsett?

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
Yeah, Booty is a bad quarterback thats why his stats are almost identical to Leinart's first year stats. Booty may have things he needs to work on but thats an ignorant statement.

Second, why are we even talking about USC, the whole arguement was that Michigan isn't number 2
Booty continues to buckle under pressure, I can name 10-15 guys i'd take over him.

His WR make him better than he is.

Leinaart made the clutch play, Botty will NEVER do that
Old 12-12-2006, 11:53 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Nate Longshore, Justin Forsett?

Longshore is ok. Forsett over Hunt? Nice try.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:56 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Forsett is good...

Lynch over Hunt? hell yes.

Longshore over Morelli..hell yes again

Booty is learning. Im a big Mark Sanchez fan but I stand by John David because if I didnt I wouldnt be fully supporting what is going on with the team right now.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forsett is good...

Lynch over Hunt? hell yes.

Longshore over Morelli..hell yes again

Booty is learning. Im a big Mark Sanchez fan but I stand by John David because if I didnt I wouldnt be fully supporting what is going on with the team right now.
Im in the same boat as you. It's kinda sad that booty was forced to live in palmer and leinart's shadow. Hopefully next year he'll be a lot better. Kinda wish USC still had norm chow...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Good one danman, you get upset when someone calls you "sparky" then you call another poster dumb?

Irarely listen to you, you hate me so your posts are worthless
I could careless if you listen to me or not, stop being a hypocrite.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:07 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

i heard norm chow was going back to college football. i hope he comes back to USC but i doubt it since he probably will be looking for a head coaching position.

booty has had some shakey games but he has also played some great games. even the oregon state game which was a losing game, booty showed a lot of determination and wasnt going to give up. he marched the team right down the field and almost tied the ball game up which probably would have lead to a win for USC as they had the momentum.

im not giving up on a booty, i think hes capable of a lot but they just need to work him.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:29 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i heard norm chow was going back to college football. i hope he comes back to USC but i doubt it since he probably will be looking for a head coaching position.

booty has had some shakey games but he has also played some great games. even the oregon state game which was a losing game, booty showed a lot of determination and wasnt going to give up. he marched the team right down the field and almost tied the ball game up which probably would have lead to a win for USC as they had the momentum.

im not giving up on a booty, i think hes capable of a lot but they just need to work him.
yeah, people forget that they were down 33-10 towards the end of the 3rd quarter, booty scored 21 unanswered points for them. If it werent for their freakin automatic kicker and chauncey washington's dumb fumble, they woulda had that game. But they still woulda been left out of the NC i think, because of the UCLA loss, which i woulda been fine with.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

yeah..i agree.. oregon state should have turned into a win but UCLA was just bad news. its all good though, this is a rebuilding year and they will come out strong next year. overall im pretty impressed with this season considering how many freshman we have and how many injuries we had. now if we just beat michigan in the rosebowl that will be the icing on the cake to a pretty good season overall

Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 AM    (permalink
snuff

Sorry I missed the mindless rubble being posted here, but you don't need a good QB to be good, at least not in the SEC.

Eric Ainge? Trash.
Jamarcus Russel? Good prospect, but not great since he turns the ball over 15 times a game.
Auburn? I don't even know who their QB is.
Arkansas? No explination here.
Florida? Decent enough to win a conference i guess.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:40 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

haha well a lot of times in the redzone McFadden IS the quarterback for Arkansas. And Florida's QB must be doing something right if he led them into a national championship game...a team couldn't accomplish as much as they did without at least a "good" quarterback

Old 12-13-2006, 06:06 AM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Florida lost to Florida State in the last game of the regular season in 1996. Guess which two teams played for the NC... Florida and Florida State. Not only is it not a rule, but there is precedent. You can have your own opinion and I'll have mine. But you are a hypocrite if you say you'd be upset if USC got screwed but Michigan fans aren't allowed to be upset. You may think that it is important to not lose late, I think a loss is a loss no matter when it come. You are more than free to have your own opinion, but don't tell us Michigan fans what our opinions should be and how we should feel.
This, my friend, you couldn't be more wrong about. 1996 was pre-BCS. When Florida lost to Florida State, they DROPPED. Big difference. Florida went on and won the SEC and went to the Sugar Bowl where they were matched up with th ACC champions, Florida State. This was the Sugar Bowl, not the national champion game. Meanwhile 1-loss Nebraska was ranked ahead of Florida but lost to Texas in the Big XII championship game so Florida got help there. Over in the Rose Bowl undefeated Arizona State was playing 1-loss Ohio State. If Arizona State had beaten OSU, the Sun Devils would have been national champs regardless of what Florida did in the Sugar Bowl. Likewise if OSU had won by more than 3 and Florida won by less than 32, it is entirely possible OSU could have been voted champs by being the most impressive 1-loss team. In closing, 1996 was completely different than 2006 because 1.) Florida dropped after losing, 2.) other teams ahead of Florida lost allowing Florida to move back up, and 3.) Florida did not play in the "national championship game" other teams still had a shot up until New Year's Day. Any questions?
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:50 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Did Michigan really have the #3 ranked SoS? That's a VERY good argument for getting rid of that pointless "stat" once and for all.

Listen, I think Michigan is a very good team this year, and they are my #2 team. I think if they played USC with emotion and traveling distance thrown out the window, they would win by anywhere between 3-10 points.

But Michigan did not go through the 3rd hardest schedule in the country. They had 1 tough opponent in Ohio State. Wisconsin is overrated beyond belief. Notre Dame is the definition of overrated. The rest of the Big10 was down. Penn State's defense is very good, but their offense is pathetic. A good coach can beat them with ease.

I'm not trying to dog on Michigan, I just don't think they had that tough of a schedule. Aside from Texas and Michigan, neither did Ohio State.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:57 AM    (permalink
danman253

I'm positive michigan had the #3 SOS, but you do make a good point that it is a bit inflated. Still. Its tougher than SCs, whose toughest opponent was basically without its heisman candidate the whole ga,e.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:58 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Sorry I missed the mindless rubble being posted here, but you don't need a good QB to be good, at least not in the SEC.

Eric Ainge? Trash.
Jamarcus Russel? Good prospect, but not great since he turns the ball over 15 times a game.
Penn State also is another team who is good but has one of the worst QBs around in Anthony Morelli.

Also, how about Georgia Tech with Reggie Ball?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Eric Ainge? Trash.
Penn State also is another team who is good but has one of the worst QBs around in Anthony Morelli.

Both of them suck monkey balls.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:03 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider
Quote:
Quote:

Eric Ainge? Trash.

Both of them suck monkey balls.
Exactly my point, and yet both play in january bowl games. So know, u do not need a good QB to be successful
Old 12-13-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

dream on danman..no way Michigan had a harder schedule than USC. Probably at least half the teams USC played were ranked teams when they played them. they played Cal, Oregon, Notre Dame, Arkansas, Nebraska and a lot of the PAC 10 teams they played such as Arizona State were ranked at the time. Both USC and Michigan played an overrated Notre Dame. And then Michigan's only real opponent was Ohio State which they couldn't beat...besides i dont know how many times i have to repeat myself, my whole arguement is Florida deserves to be the number 2 team right now over Michigan and you can't argue Florida didn't play a tougher schedule

Old 12-13-2006, 12:40 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Also Darren McFadden wasn't a heisman canidate at the time USC played them just to clarify

Old 12-13-2006, 12:40 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
dream on danman..no way Michigan had a harder schedule than USC. Probably at least half the teams USC played were ranked teams when they played them. they played Cal, Oregon, Notre Dame, Arkansas, Nebraska and a lot of the PAC 10 teams they played such as Arizona State were ranked at the time. Both USC and Michigan played an overrated Notre Dame. And then Michigan's only real opponent was Ohio State which they couldn't beat...besides i dont know how many times i have to repeat myself, my whole arguement is Florida deserves to be the number 2 team right now over Michigan and you can't argue Florida didn't play a tougher schedule

ANd you have played who? Lets break it down .

Michigan:

ND
Wisconsin
Penn State
Iowa
Minnesota

USC:
ND
Arkansas
Nebraska
Cal
Oregon

-Michigan was more impressive ON THE ROAD vs. ND.
- Arkansas was without McFadden basically, so Michigan gets another edge
- Penn State=Nebraska
-Cal is overrated but so is Iowa, so I give the edge to Cal
-Oregon>Minnesota

But lets look at losses:

USC loses to Oregon Sate and UCLA, Michigan loses to OSU.

hmmmmmmm, yeah, Michigan has a harder schedule.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Also Darren McFadden wasn't a heisman canidate at the time USC played them just to clarify
Jesus christ were you dropped on your head? He still is there best player coming into this year and was pretty well known by people who know about college football, so that excludes you i guess.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:42 PM    (permalink
danman253

Also i have always, ALWAYS said UF played a harder schedule.

My arguement is how the two played. Michigan was dominant in every game but OSU, Florida escaped out of 2 games.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:08 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

you are homer defined. minnesota and iowa suck. i'll throw you a bone with penn state. wisconsin i'll give you even though i think they are far overrated. so that leaves you with a decent penn state team, wisconsin and ohio state who you lost to. if you put michigan in say the SEC they would have probably lost 2 games. again, i dont know if you think you are getting to me by saying USC isn't the number 2 team since you keep bringing them up. i never argued they deserve to be number 2 so stop whining

Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
you are homer defined. minnesota and iowa suck. i'll throw you a bone with penn state. wisconsin i'll give you even though i think they are far overrated. so that leaves you with a decent penn state team, wisconsin and ohio state who you lost to. if you put michigan in say the SEC they would have probably lost 2 games. again, i dont know if you think you are getting to me by saying USC isn't the number 2 team since you keep bringing them up. i never argued they deserve to be number 2 so stop whining
I said Iowa and Minnesota suck.

And who exactly in the SEC would we lose to? I'm listening.

With Floridas schedule i bet Michigan would be unbeaten if that is what you are getting at.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Also i have always, ALWAYS said UF played a harder schedule.

My arguement is how the two played. Michigan was dominant in every game but OSU, Florida escaped out of 2 games.
well...ball state, but that's an arguement for another day.