Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-13-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNation27
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
any how, i just dont see how Michigan would make it through the entire SEC without suffering an upset and i stand by that.

and why is it that you deserve a rematch when you didnt win your conference and didn' t beat ohio state the first time? give florida a chance, they earned to be where they are despite whether you think it will be as good of a game or not going into it
I hate this "didn't win your conference" BS. Michigan would have prolly won any other conference, and the only team they lose to is the number 1 team in football. We lose to OSU on the road, and by 3, and give them all they can handle. On a neautral site or at Michigan this may be a different story.
Doubtful on that. There wasn't much home field advantage. Was there a play that Henne didn't audible out of?
OSU also gave them a ton of chances, how many times did the Buckeyes turn the ball over? While Michigan had no turnovers.
Michigan didn't turn it over,but they made so stupid plays that cost them probabl 14 point swing.

How could you argue there was no home field advantage? Idiot comment...

The main problem in the game was the field, for both teams. WR's could cut knowing when and dbs had to react and hope to get footing. I think it would be a completely different game if they played again, although I don't know who would win.
Did I say there was no home field advantage? I said OSU turned the ball over 3 times, 2 were gifts. Which is something typical of the visiting team to do.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:37 PM    (permalink
snuff

BuckeyeNation27 said there was no home field advantage.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

oh so its okay for danman to post 3 times in a row though?

Ohio State won the game so its irrelevant for Michigan fans to even argue an alternative scenario. A loss is a loss i dont care if its by 1 point

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Quote:
still waiting
Old 12-13-2006, 03:02 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this talk is nonsense because florida is gonna beat OSU.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Quote:
still waiting
For what?

You measure home field advantage in how easy it is for Henne to get off a play call? Give me a break there are many factors.

Maybe Henne was a little rattled because of the pressure early, causing him to over throw a wide open Manningham?

Maybe Troy Smith was really comfortable with 100k people supporting him?

Maybe Michigan was trying to do big things to offset the crowd and f-ed up, maybe the crowd making noise got a false start or an extra call?

Theres all kinds of stuff factored into home field advantage, and to say it had no effect on the game is idiotic, but from what you have posted so far, and many other tosu fans on here, it is to be expected.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
still waiting
For what?

You measure home field advantage in how easy it is for Henne to get off a play call? Give me a break there are many factors.

Maybe Henne was a little rattled because of the pressure early, causing him to over throw a wide open Manningham?

Maybe Troy Smith was really comfortable with 100k people supporting him?

Maybe Michigan was trying to do big things to offset the crowd and f-ed up, maybe the crowd making noise got a false start or an extra call?

Theres all kinds of stuff factored into home field advantage, and to say it had no effect on the game is idiotic, but from what you have posted so far, and many other tosu fans on here, it is to be expected.
Well considering that I never said it had NO EFFECT at all..... :roll:

Yes everything I've posted here has been idiotic and just plain stupid. I'm actually just making things up for the fun of it. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 12-13-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Also, the BCS doesn't require you to win your conference. In fact, in the last 5 BCS games, 2 of them included a team that didn't win their conference.
And both those teams lost in the BCS game so I don't see how this is helping your case.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan is better on paper... but I have a feeling that USC's speed offensively and defensively will just surprise Michigan. I think USC will jump out to quick, large early lead.. and that Michigan will try to rally w/Henne but fall short. Just a "gut" feeling

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

thats how i see it too. USC just played their last game against UCLA and are used to the Rosebowl since they were just there and i'd say probably 75 percent of the crowd will be USC fans. I also see Chad Henne running for his life like Brady Quinn after he looks up and sees none of his recievers will be open

Old 12-13-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Also, the BCS doesn't require you to win your conference. In fact, in the last 5 BCS games, 2 of them included a team that didn't win their conference.
And both those teams lost in the BCS game so I don't see how this is helping your case.
Again, why does it matter? They got to the Championship game. I'm not trying to convince people that Michigan would win the NC, I'm trying to convince people that they belong there. It doesn't matter what Oklahoma and Nebraska did in the game, what matters is that they got there. It's a fact if the BCS had such a problem with teams not winning their conference making it to the game, they'd make a it a requirement. But after happening twice before they haven't done anything about it. I don't know why you are attempting to argue with me. Your and Florida fan and I'm a Michigan fan, we aren't going to change each others minds.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

usually winning your conference implies you're good enough to be national championship worthy...they kinda go hand in hand. i think it SHOULD be a rule that if you dont win your conference that you dont belong there

Old 12-13-2006, 05:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
usually winning your conference implies you're good enough to be national championship worthy...they kinda go hand in hand. i think it SHOULD be a rule that if you dont win your conference that you dont belong there
Ok, maybe it should but it's not. Can we get back to talking about the game? The only reason us Michigan fans are still complaing is because all you other people keep bringing it up. Let's talk about the Rose Bowl.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:18 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
What was so idiotic about it? The noise obviously had no effect on Henne, and we don't paint our lockers pink.
Henne is one of the most poised QBs in the NCAA.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:21 AM    (permalink
danman253

Back to the game. I really, REALLY doubt USC will get enough time to pass it to their guys. Look at last game. Jarrett had an awful game because Booty had no time. Michigan will be in their face all day. I doubt USC gets more the 17 points.

As for Michigan on offense, they will run the usual offense. Hart will have a big day and Manningham's double step is too good for SCs DBs.

Michigan 28
USC 14
Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Back to the game. I really, REALLY doubt USC will get enough time to pass it to their guys. Look at last game. Jarrett had an awful game because Booty had no time. Michigan will be in their face all day. I doubt USC gets more the 17 points.

As for Michigan on offense, they will run the usual offense. Hart will have a big day and Manningham's double step is too good for SCs DBs.

Michigan 28
USC 14
The only thing with manningham though is that now people KNOW who mario manningham is. When they played Notre Dame no one knew who he was so they didnt prepare for him. Because of that he snuck up on them and had an amazing game. USC and everyone else knows who he is now so they just need to double cover him with taylor mays.

Also USC can stop the run pretty good.

With all that said and done, i really really hope USC can win this, but im not overly optomistic and im not gonna make any predictions, both schools are too good. it'll be a good game, i hope. good luck wolverines.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:34 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:

Michigan 28
USC 14
The only thing with manningham though is that now people KNOW who mario manningham is. When they played Notre Dame no one knew who he was so they didnt prepare for him. Because of that he snuck up on them and had an amazing game. USC and everyone else knows who he is now so they just need to double cover him with taylor mays.

Also USC can stop the run pretty good.

With all that said and done, i really really hope USC can win this, but im not overly optomistic and im not gonna make any predictions, both schools are too good. it'll be a good game, i hope. good luck wolverines.
Well if Henne had not overthrown Manningham last game he'd have another td, since he destroyed smith on that play. However if he is double covered the way Arrington has stepped up i am confident.

Its really hard to say whether or not michigan will be stopped on the run. The zone scheme has worked wonders this year, against teams like Penn State, Wisconsin, and OSU Michigan was very successful on the ground.

I do not think by any means michigan will run it up, i just think Michigan is not gonna allow USC into any rythm.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:36 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Againist UCLA, they went up againist probably the fastest set of DEs in college football. SC struggled aganist that all season, and even more aganist the Bruins becuase it came from both sides. Michigan creates a lot of pressure, but it's a different type of pressure.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:38 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Againist UCLA, they went up againist probably the fastest set of DEs in college football. SC struggled aganist that all season, and even more aganist the Bruins becuase it came from both sides. Michigan creates a lot of pressure, but it's a different type of pressure.
The thing is that Michigan can bring prseeure from both inside and outside. They were in Troy Smiths face all day, but smiths poise and accuracy made the difference. I do not see this in JDB.

One matchup that should be interesting is Mark Bihl vs. Sedrick Ellis. Ellis was in on UCLAs center (dunno the name) all day and it will be important for Bihl to contain him.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I thought you said kevin ellison so i was gonna post this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hZxRioJDms4

got him mixed up with sedrick ellis.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Michigan 28
USC 14
I doubt we score 4 TDs, I doubt there is 6 TDs in the game for that matter. I see it more like a 20-13, many stops by both teams near the 30 - 50 yard range.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:16 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

im not too concerned about hart rushing a lot. USC has a really fast defense and there has not been one team that has ran all over us this season. we shut down marshawn lynch and oregon's fast offense with 2 scrambling qb's and jonathan stewart in the backfield. they will just need to continue to bring constant pressure on henne and not allow him to sit back and throw

Old 12-14-2006, 07:41 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The thing is that Michigan can bring prseeure from both inside and outside. They were in Troy Smiths face all day, but smiths poise and accuracy made the difference. I do not see this in JDB.

One matchup that should be interesting is Mark Bihl vs. Sedrick Ellis. Ellis was in on UCLAs center (dunno the name) all day and it will be important for Bihl to contain him.
all day?
Old 12-14-2006, 10:12 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

all day?
Yeah i recall on nearly every play Woodley, Branch, and Biggs were in Smiths face.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
im not too concerned about hart rushing a lot. USC has a really fast defense and there has not been one team that has ran all over us this season. we shut down marshawn lynch and oregon's fast offense with 2 scrambling qb's and jonathan stewart in the backfield. they will just need to continue to bring constant pressure on henne and not allow him to sit back and throw
Michigans OL is a lot better than those two teams though.

That is going to be a key matchup. If Hart gets over 100 Michigan will win this game no doubt.