Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-04-2006, 12:10 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Well if the OL and Sam Baker plan to block then Booty can get the ball to Jerrett and Smith.

I don't hate Michigan, I don't have a fav. college team, I don't understand why Michigan fans can't take some constructive cristism and not freak out when people give their take on the game.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:11 AM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
Well if the OL and Sam Baker plan to block then Booty can get the ball to Jerrett and Smith.

I don't hate Michigan, I don't have a fav. college team, I don't understand why Michigan fans can't take some constructive cristism and not freak out when people give their take on the game.
you don't have constructive criticism... Your claims are as on point as Scientology.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life
this game will be a better game htne the NC and ill take UM. There frint seven will go right after Booty just like UCLA if not worse.
their defense may not be as good as UCLA's but all they have to do is watch that last game over and over and mimmick exactly what UCLA did.
Wait. :?

I may be misunderstanding you, but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan. In my estimation, the Bruins don't match the Wolverines in the speed or physicality department. It may be close schematically speaking, but I would probably give the edge to Michigan there too.

If Booty thinks he had a long day against UCLA, wait until he goes against that front seven. :shock:
Old 12-04-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Quote:
Quote:
this game will be a better game htne the NC and ill take UM. There frint seven will go right after Booty just like UCLA if not worse.
their defense may not be as good as UCLA's but all they have to do is watch that last game over and over and mimmick exactly what UCLA did.

I may be misunderstanding you, but you are insane if you think UCLA has a better defense than Michigan. In my estimation, the Bruins don't match the Wolverines in the speed or physicality department. It may be close schematically speaking, but I would probably give the edge to Michigan there too.

If Booty thinks he had a long day against UCLA, wait until he goes against that front seven. :shock:
yeah but they're no Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis.

here's what's gonna happen.

1st quarter: booty struggles.
2nd half: booty replaced by mark sanchez, they take the leash off of rey maualuga [chad henne gets a fractured skull]. Jarrett gets 500 yards recieving and stafon johnson gets to play. And they own your wolverine ass.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:28 AM    (permalink
danman253

Lamarr Woodley will have JDB in a body bag by halftime.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:46 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

2nd half: booty replaced by mark sanchez, they take the leash off of rey maualuga [chad henne gets a fractured skull]. Jarrett gets 500 yards recieving and stafon johnson gets to play. And they own your wolverine ass.
-----------------

I like it except do you really think Carroll would put Sanchez in? Unless he is planning to make a permenent switch he would never switch QBs I think. Also, I bet Booty will start next year since he had this year to become familiar with the system. I think Mark is a tremendous QB though

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:47 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Also what the heck is up with Stafon? I have been dying to see him play all year...was he injured or red shirting?

Old 12-04-2006, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Quote:
Quote:

1.) Have you watched Michigan? Bruce Davis and Justin Hickman are good, but you can't collectively compare them to LaMarr Woodley and Rondell Biggs. Don't even get me started on the interior.

2.) You got the first quarter right.

3.) Alas, you followed up a correct statement with an asinine one. If Booty struggles, you expect redshirt freshman to do well? I know Sanchez has oodles of potential, but he would have his fair share of woes as well.

4.) Rey Maualuga is a beast, but I doubt he would fracture Chad Henne's skull. Just playing the odds there.

5.) In order for Jarrett to get 500 yards receiving, Booty (or Sanchez for argument's sake) would need time to throw. He may bypass the 100 yard barrier, but he will not even sniff 200 in my opinion.

6.) Stafon Johnson has talent, but I have a hard time believing he would break four yards per carry against that run defense.

7.) Oh, by the way, I'm not a Michigan fan. Sorry.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:52 AM    (permalink
snuff

Current Vegas outs Michigan -2.

USC is get -3 for playing a home game.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:02 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Carroll will prepare his team well but so will Carr and Michigan's talent will win it in the end for em.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Booty will be eaten for lunch, I'm thinking like 2 or 3 sacks from LaMarr Woodley boosting his draft stock.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:19 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

eh, i dont think Henne will have all the time in the world to throw either

Old 12-04-2006, 03:39 AM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
He had plenty of time vs tOSU and their D-line is much better than yours.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:49 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC is going to lose by 2 tds+

Michigan is going to come out like a machine, I honestly fear this game as a USC fan.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:30 AM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs
USC is going to lose by 2 tds+

Michigan is going to come out like a machine, I honestly fear this game as a USC fan.
Seriously...

USC just took a major hit, losing to its rivals, a team they're vastly superior than, and losing out on the Nat. Championship. Then you take Michigan, who was chompin at the bit to get a rematch...then FLorida screws em, they're going to come out and just lay a beating I think.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:55 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
We had plenty of time all yeah against better DLs.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:56 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
You have never watched Michigan then. Michigans defensive end Lamarr Woodley is the favorite t win the bednarik and Biggs/Jamison are productive opposite Lamarr.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 PM    (permalink
srv fan
Veteran

srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.srv fan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Maybe you could offer an opinion as to why you think it will be this way, instead of just throwing statements out there and getting pissy when people call you out for not really having an argument? Seriously, I'd love to hear how an OL that got ruined by Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis is going to shut down Alan Branch, Terrence Taylor, and Lamarr "2006 Bednarik Winner" Woodley. I'm expecting another inane, Madden-esque answer- "well blocking is the key to the game so USC will block and win because they block durrr"- but feel free to surprise me.

I think it will be a good, close game. Michigan by around 10 points. My only fear is if USC actually does the smart thing and exploits our lack of DB depth by running 5 wide receiver looks (like OSU did to great effect). That could be big time trouble.

- Vince Lombardi
srv fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Honestly, this is the game Ive been wanting to see for awile. I watched a lot of USC toward the end of the year in case there was a Rose Bowl match and Booty really does struggle when he is under pressure. There may not be a better front 7 or DLine in the country than Michigans and I think Booty will be rattled.

At the same time I know Michigan and their bowl performances, do not be at all surprised when they come out after 40 days off slow and lackluster on offense. A bunch of 3 or 6 and outs to start the game saddenly wouldnt surprise me at all for Michigan. I think the Michigan defense is going to have to make a statement or big play early to set up the offense for this game to be as big of a blowout as all the UofM fans are predicting. Though I can really see Booty in for a long day.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:41 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

I think its just as likley Michigan throws in the towel and comes out a little flat after not getting invited to the National Championships just as likely as I think they will come out pumped...it could go either way. But it could be like Cal, they had the world promised to them this season and after SC beat them they threw in the towel and barely beat Stanford.. so who knows.

Anyways, despite what happened last weekend I am picking USC to win by 3...I see a field goal difference here

Old 12-04-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

(Maybe you could offer an opinion as to why you think it will be this way, instead of just throwing statements out there and getting pissy when people call you out for not really having an argument? Seriously, I'd love to hear how an OL that got ruined by Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis is going to shut down Alan Branch, Terrence Taylor, and Lamarr "2006 Bednarik Winner" Woodley. I'm expecting another inane, Madden-esque answer- "well blocking is the key to the game so USC will block and win because they block durrr"- but feel free to surprise me.)

A good pass rush can be beaten.

The Michigan front 7 is as good as it gets and Pete Carroll is aware of this. He won't let Booty take 5 and 7 step drops. There are going to be alot of quick slants, bubble screens, and draws. If the OL can hold out enough for Booty to take a 3 step drop, the DL will be taken out of the game.

Another route Carroll could take is use 4 WR sets. Spread Mich. out, then your "2006 Bednarik winner" is blockable.

is that good enough answer for you?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:30 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU spread the Michigan defense out with 4 WR sets and Woodley was in Smith's face all day...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:44 PM    (permalink
danman253

I think Leon Hall can shut down Jarrett. Lets face it, the reason ginn burned him was cuz of Smiths playfakes and his speed. Booty doesn't have a good play fake ad Hall is faster than DJ. And don't give me this 6'5 crap. James Hardy was 6'7 and Hall shut him down.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:45 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
(Maybe you could offer an opinion as to why you think it will be this way, instead of just throwing statements out there and getting pissy when people call you out for not really having an argument? Seriously, I'd love to hear how an OL that got ruined by Justin Hickman and Bruce Davis is going to shut down Alan Branch, Terrence Taylor, and Lamarr "2006 Bednarik Winner" Woodley. I'm expecting another inane, Madden-esque answer- "well blocking is the key to the game so USC will block and win because they block durrr"- but feel free to surprise me.)

A good pass rush can be beaten.

The Michigan front 7 is as good as it gets and Pete Carroll is aware of this. He won't let Booty take 5 and 7 step drops. There are going to be alot of quick slants, bubble screens, and draws. If the OL can hold out enough for Booty to take a 3 step drop, the DL will be taken out of the game.

Another route Carroll could take is use 4 WR sets. Spread Mich. out, then your "2006 Bednarik winner" is blockable.

is that good enough answer for you?
You are beyond help. read P-L's post, nuff said
Old 12-04-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Booty does not play with poise. The guy was rattled all day against UCLA. Mich is perfectly capible of doing the same. Booty isn't the same QB when he has to play from behind. Just look two INTs against Notre Dame i promise you if that happens Mich will come up with more point than ND did. USC has got a great team but i don't think Booty is a championship caliber QB. There are times in games when you can see he is struggling, and its obvious that the Mich defense has been rattling QBs all year, with the exception of TS. Booty's inconsistant play is the achilles heel of USC, and i have no reason to believe that the Mich defense can't get to him, mentally and physically, as UCLA did.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote