Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by snortie
Quote:
Quote:
USC has one big edge in this matchup. It's Pete Carrol. The guy knows how to win and prepare his team. Last year they got beat, but Texas was a very good team. I could see USC beating Michigan just from the fact that they will probably out coach Michigan. Carr never has his teams ready for bowl games.
:roll: Once again, you are here to only start trouble. Please leave, you and your opinion are not wanted.
Neither are you and your crying about your choke artist team. Just saying what is true. Pete Carrol is a much better coach and has his teams ready to play games.
Quote me where i said that Carroll is worse than carr...

I was merely stating your statement is arrogant. We seemed prpared in '97, also in 2003 vs. Florida, so yeah we are never prepared...
Never did I say that you thought Carr was better. Do you know how to read. Just gave my opinion on the matchup and you come on here crying and complaining again. Grow some balls and be a man. Also I guess if your proud of the fact that your team has been prepared twice in 10 years, great, more power to you. I'd say that is pretty sad.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:02 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
USC is gonna suprise a lot of people
when they come out flat.
I don't remember a Pete Carroll team come out flat when the he's had this much time to prepare and so much focus on a game.

Weren't they supposed to have that same focus last game?
They were, but they didn't. They're going to say they weren't looking past the Bruins, but they did. Carroll and Co. were outcoached, and they weren't prepared. That won't happen again, so i'm not expecting them to come out flat and unprepared again.
RockJock is right; it was a classic trap game. Carroll's bowl record speaks for itself and so does Carr's, but the other way around. I would expect Michigan to come out flat way before USC. Often when teams spend all December crying about what bowl they should have been in, they get smoked.
Or you are biased against michigan, since you've spent the last two fays at war with them. I hate Michigan, but give me a break you guys.

Look at what is negative for USC

They coming of a heartbreaking loss, costing them a title shot, to their archrivals, who are definately worse than them. That has to linger

They are a young team as well, with a QB who has been shaky under pressure. They're going against a pissed off Wolverine team, one who is experienced, and has a great defense and pass rush. UM is pissed off because they feel they got screwed and were chomping at the bit to play OSU again. also, they'll be done bitching in a few days. If you really think they'll spend all these weeks bitching, you are sorely mistaken. This game could be close, but more likely to be a sound victory for UM.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:08 PM    (permalink
snuff

Don't listen to Sarf he knows nothing about college football. I don't think he has ever seen a college football game.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

All the trojans had to do was win, that's it, they screwed it up. I don't think that happens again. Unlike Michigan, SC had the fate in their hands and was outplayed by a hungry UCLA team.

Pete Carroll looked like his dog was just killed after the game, SC won't let that happen again. We forget that Carroll is a high energy guy, and his energy is infectious, after watching some of their games all i wanna do is go out an jack some up. I'd be very surprised if USC doesn't win

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
All the trojans had to do was win, that's it, they screwed it up. I don't think that happens again. Unlike Michigan, SC had the fate in their hands and was outplayed by a hungry UCLA team.

Pete Carroll looked like his dog was just killed after the game, SC won't let that happen again. We forget that Carroll is a high energy guy, and his energy is infectious, after watching some of their games all i wanna do is go out an jack some up. I'd be very surprised if USC doesn't win
Good call! More great information you bring to the table! I think Michigan wins though because Lloyd Carr eats at Burger King, and once the players get some In and Out Burgers they will be unstoppable.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
USC has one big edge in this matchup. It's Pete Carrol. The guy knows how to win and prepare his team. Last year they got beat, but Texas was a very good team. I could see USC beating Michigan just from the fact that they will probably out coach Michigan. Carr never has his teams ready for bowl games.
:roll: Once again, you are here to only start trouble. Please leave, you and your opinion are not wanted.
Neither are you and your crying about your choke artist team. Just saying what is true. Pete Carrol is a much better coach and has his teams ready to play games.

I was merely stating your statement is arrogant. We seemed prpared in '97, also in 2003 vs. Florida, so yeah we are never prepared...
Never did I say that you thought Carr was better. Do you know how to read. Just gave my opinion on the matchup and you come on here crying and complaining again. Grow some balls and be a man. Also I guess if your proud of the fact that your team has been prepared twice in 10 years, great, more power to you. I'd say that is pretty sad.
I just mentioned two occasions.

SInce 1996:

1996: Lost to Alabama in the Outback Bowl
1997: Beat WSU in Rose bowl, National Champs
1998: Beat Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl
1999: Beat Alabama in the Orange bowl
2000: Beat Auburn in the Citrus Bowl
2001: Lost to Tennessee in Citrus Bow
2002: Beat Florida in Outback Bowl
2003: Lost to USC in the Rose Bowl
2004: Lost to Texas in Rose Bowl
2005: Lost to Nebrasa in Alamo Bowl

So 5-5 the last ten years. Man we are unprepared.

WHen are u right scorchin? Oh yeah, NEVER.
Also lets see PSUs recent history ace.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SInce 1996:

I believe he isn't Scorchin, I think he is Mark May.

1. He says every negative thing possible about Michigan.
2. He loves USC and Florida.

I seriosly hate him and the douche in the SEC championship game. Which both said, lets face it, Michigan is a 2nd place football team. And this is my opinion. Yes, we are a second place football team, to the team that is #1 in the nation. It is my belief any other conference, we are a 1st place football team. And that includes the GODLY SEC.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Yeah and michigan didn't right? I mean, had they beat OSU they would have gone to the NC, but according to you they may have been screwed out of it. Good Call ROck Jock :roll:
Old 12-04-2006, 08:23 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SInce 1996:

And your impressed at being .500? I guess if I'm never right neither are you. Seems to me in the last 10 years I was right half the time. If you want let's go back 100 years. Give me a break, you are ridiculous. Funny how you guys bring up PSU and thier recent history. They were ranked #3 at the end of last season. Also Joe Pa has won more bowl games than any other coach. Until your great Michigan team who always gets "screwed" can boast that, I don't think there is anything to talk about.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:25 PM    (permalink
danman253

I never said we were good, you said we were always unprepared which we aren't, i proved you wrong, and you are acting liek a baby
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 PM    (permalink
danman253

The only thing that possibly would worry me is our record in the rose bowl (8-11) and against USC in the Rose Bowl (2-5). But different team, different year.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I never said we were good, you said we were always unprepared which we aren't, i proved you wrong, and you are acting liek a baby
I'm not crying like a little girl over this whole thing. You keep bringing up PSU which has nothing to do with this topic. You keep going on about how your team is so prepared. Losing 3 bowls in a row and having a losing record in big games is unprepared. Then again I'm not politically correct either, so I guess losing is okay to do in your world as long as you can whine and cry about it. Instead of trying to put people down for thier opinion, try to see what is going on in the world of football that would make them make thier predictions. I don't like either team, just hope for a good game and think USC will win because they have a better coach. How is that a terrible thing to say?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:41 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not crying like a little girl over this whole thing. You keep bringing up PSU which has nothing to do with this topic. You keep going on about how your team is so prepared. Losing 3 bowls in a row and having a losing record in big games is unprepared. Then again I'm not politically correct either, so I guess losing is okay to do in your world as long as you can whine and cry about it. Instead of trying to put people down for thier opinion, try to see what is going on in the world of football that would make them make thier predictions. I don't like either team, just hope for a good game and think USC will win because they have a better coach. How is that a terrible thing to say?
Unprepared? I will give you that vs Nebraska, but come one... They lost by 3 vs UT on the final play in which Vince Young had an amazing game, and in 2003 they lost to the NC and one of the best teams ever...

Pete Carrol is such a good coach he couldn't use his 20 5-star recruits to beat 2 teams with 1-3... He is just amazing at developing talent and a great game coach!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:59 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Michigan 31
USC 20

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Who cares about PSU? This is a rose bowl topic, not some discussion about a crappy ass team with a coach that has one foot in the ground.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

srv fan, thanks.

but you other guys, this is exactly what im talking about. Once USC or Michigan wins, one of you guys or a lot of you guys will look stupid.

and rockjock, cmon man that last comment was uncalled for.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Ellway - SC should definately get the slant pass to Jarrett going. If Michigan's D-line starts bringing pressure similar to UCLA, all Booty has to do is either go with the Jarrett slant pass or throw a little screen pass off to Gable or Moody and let him cut up the side line...that should work for a good 6 or 7 yards at least. Things like this should open up Michigan's defense for USC to hit them with big passes to Smith

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:07 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

One thing I want to know is why do I never see USC come out in shotgun formation?

elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Ellway - SC should definately get the slant pass to Jarrett going. If Michigan's D-line starts bringing pressure similar to UCLA, all Booty has to do is either go with the Jarrett slant pass or throw a little screen pass off to Gable or Moody and let him cut up the side line...that should work for a good 6 or 7 yards at least. Things like this should open up Michigan's defense for USC to hit them with big passes to Smith
Is Moody playing?I swear if he fumbles that pigskin....

Plus USC needs to have atleast 3 plays of more than 20 yards on offense IMO to win this game.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Who cares about PSU? This is a rose bowl topic, not some discussion about a crappy ass team with a coach that has one foot in the ground.
Talk about ignorance...this coming from the fan who "doesn't have a fav. team. This just in IOWA SUCKS, PSU won the big ten last year, and Joe Pa is the greatest coach ever. Please never post again.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

Im almost sure Moody will be ready to roll for the Rose Bowl...he was supposed to have played at UCLA but I guess he wasnt quite there. He was at practice last week though, so thats a good sign. He should be completely healthy come the Rose bowl.

Hasn't he only fumbled in one game? I can only remember him fumbling against Washington and Booty recovered his fumble

Old 12-04-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Im almost sure Moody will be ready to roll for the Rose Bowl...he was supposed to have played at UCLA but I guess he wasnt quite there. He was at practice last week though, so thats a good sign. He should be completely healthy come the Rose bowl.

Hasn't he only fumbled in one game? I can only remember him fumbling against Washington and Booty recovered his fumble

The way he carries the ball so regardless makes him fumble prone,its been his problem all through summer camp.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

yeah, I can see that. i have heard he fumbles more often in practices than games too. at the same time though i think he has big play making potential as well

Old 12-04-2006, 10:33 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
Carroll's bowl record speaks for itself and so does Carr's, but the other way around.
Your right. And Pete Carroll's bowl record is speaking to me now. It's telling me that Carroll is a jsut 3-2, which is only a slightly better percentage than Carr. Oh, and USC was favored in all 5 of their bowl games...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:43 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

Um, I go to school In Iowa, iI don't go to Iowa in Iowa city. This just in, there are more schools in Iowa then just Iowa and Iowa state.

however, with that said, that Joe pa comment was alittle blunt, so i'm sorry for that, but i still don't wanna hear about a crappy PSU team.