Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
From College Football News today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Fiutak
5. The 400-pound gorilla is wearing burnt orange
Fine, I’ll bring it up … the spotlight is back on Mack Brown. When one of the five most talented teams in America plays in the Alamo Bowl after gagging away the Big 12 South, the pressure is back on. If the Longhorns lose to Iowa, it might then be back to the pre-Vince days when Texas was known as the million dollar program with the ten-cent big-game head. Ask Lloyd Carr, Phil Fulmer and Larry Coker how much time a national title buys you before criticism kicks in.
http://cfn.scout.com/2/597727.html
once again, dumbass fans and boosters who expect a national title every year

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:41 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

I bet we have a faster defense than Michigan I think it will be Henne who is being pressured...I think Hart will also have a hard time rushing against our linebackers

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
I bet we have a faster defense than Michigan I think it will be Henne who is being pressured...I think Hart will also have a hard time rushing against our linebackers
Yea, but michigan has a good oline, you just got owned by UCLA.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

If you think they are going to mimick what UCLA did too you got another thing coming because Pete would never allow that to happen twice

RWFender1
Veteran

see above

Old 12-05-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

we too have a good O-line and its full of all Americans but we had injuries and they were having a bad day...they wont make those mistakes again, Carroll will be drilling the heck out of them

Old 12-05-2006, 01:48 PM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

great game, I have to go with Michigan as I think they are the better team

BUT...its hard to pick against USC, because it seems impossible for them to lose 2 games in a row, but Ill go with Michigan

its gonna be a great game
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:55 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
You must've missed the OSU game, where we faced a better DL and he was not pressured. Also Henne rarely makes mistakes. Nice try.

Also Hart had a real hard time rushig for 100+ at Penn State, a better defense than OSU. Also almost got 150 vs. USC. Hart will get over 100 yards. Guaranteed.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
we too have a good O-line and its full of all Americans but we had injuries and they were having a bad day...they wont make those mistakes again, Carroll will be drilling the heck out of them
Its not as good as ohio States, who Woodley got in on smith all day. If you think that Michigan will not get pressure, think again.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:25 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

yeah, I did see the Ohio State game. why are you using that as a reference when you lost that game?

Old 12-05-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

I am not saying they wont have any pressure but you are wrong if you dont think Ray Malauga isn't gonna try and lay a big hit on Henne too

Old 12-05-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

I think Hart will have a hard time trying to breach the century mark[/i]

Old 12-05-2006, 02:48 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I think both Running games will be shut down, SC NEEDS JDB to have a solid game. Henne can have some room for error because of Hart.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:01 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

I think if Chauncey is healthy he can plow his way through the Michigan defense to pick up a few yards here are there. This game definately will be pass heavy.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:05 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
I think if Chauncey is healthy he can plow his way through the Michigan defense to pick up a few yards here are there. This game definately will be pass heavy.
Thats wishful thinking, considering Michigan has held better backs to horrible yardage (Tony hunt, Darius Walker, Albert Young, PJ Hill)
Old 12-05-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
yeah, I did see the Ohio State game. why are you using that as a reference when you lost that game?
Because the poitn is still vlaid. IF Smith was a pocket passer and has no poise Woodley gets 3 sacks that game. Botty is a pocket passer and does not have poise.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
I think Hart will have a hard time trying to breach the century mark[/i]
How so? He has been held to under 100 yards just twice this year vs. Wisconsin a great defense, and Northwestern, where he sat the 4th quarter
Old 12-05-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mike hart has heart.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

hey DM, I was just checking rivals.com, Michigan has this kid Mallett from Tx, QB,coming in. He's 6-7 235, what are his plans for next season, redshirt?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
hey DM, I was just checking rivals.com, Michigan has this kid Mallett from Tx, QB,coming in. He's 6-7 235, what are his plans for next season, redshirt?
It's possible, but I don't think they redshirt him. Michigan has horrible depth at QB. Next year the top two backups will be Jason Forcier and David Cone, both of whom leave much to be desired. I'd expect Mallett to be on the team next year, because if Henne goes down, Michigan is screwed.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

You think Darius Walker is better than Washington? The thing is, Chauncey is probably stronger than most of those backs you listed...the guy is a bulldozer. I don't think its wishful thinking at all

Old 12-05-2006, 03:44 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
It's possible, but I don't think they redshirt him. Michigan has horrible depth at QB. Next year the top two backups will be Jason Forcier and David Cone, both of whom leave much to be desired. I'd expect Mallett to be on the team next year, because if Henne goes down, Michigan is screwed.
He will redshirt, unless Henne leaves. You can take a redshirt off anytime so there is no reason to not redshirt him. He is coming this month also.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Quote:
He will redshirt, unless Henne leaves. You can take a redshirt off anytime so there is no reason to not redshirt him. He is coming this month also.
I forgot about being able to take off the redshirt. You bring up a good point.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Quote:
I forgot about being able to take off the redshirt. You bring up a good point.
Actually he might not. He will probably get some time vs the directional Michigan's.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Maybe but i doubt it. Our Backups are not very good, and if Henne goes down we need him. Also It would be good to get some reps when we are blowin teams out and we put in our backups. Of course he could RS and then use it up if henne goes down