Old 12-29-2006, 07:43 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNation27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
too many people are underestimating UF. they allowed 13.7 pts, and that was against SEC opponents.
I know the SEC makes God himself get down on his knees to schlob the knob and all.....but what about the SEC makes you think they have powerful offenses? I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.
The Big Ten doesn't have that many great QB's either. There's a pretty big drop off after Smith and Henne.
Nobody ever said "and that was against Big10 opponents" as if that's some Herculean task.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:45 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEvIcTR
I dont want to split the National Championship so i'm going with the buckeyes. Ohio state is to powerful on offense and since florida cant run the ball leak will be gett pressured all game long.

Go Ohio State kick the *********** out of these bi*ching ass punks.

37-20 Ohio State in an ass kicking.
Split the NC? If Florida beats Ohio State (something Michigan couldn't do) then they deserve the NC. I don't understand why people think Michigan is going to somehow get a piece of the NC this year.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:49 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You must have not watched the 2003 national championship or the 1997 when we won. No one was expecting Nebraska to kill peyton mannings vols but that happened. And what if Florida wins controversially? Im not saying it will happen because we still would have to put big numbers up on USC. Their is still a chance that it can happen and I dont want that to happen.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Florida beats Ohio State (not gonna happen, hypothetical) then Michigan in no way shape or form can be higher than Ohio State in the polls.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:41 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That is what we thought about Florida, you lose your last game like we did that will hurt you in the polls. We will jump Ohio State if they lose and we beat USC.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:17 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Florida jumped Michigan it wasn't like they lost to Michigan earlier in the year. The voters aren't that dumb as to put Michigan ahead of OSU only 2 games after OSU beat Michigan. It is plain and simple that OSU proved they are the better team.....Michigan will be #2 only if they win and UF loses; #3 only if OSU loses and they win.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink
SouthernPride396
Rookie

SouthernPride396 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
When Florida jumped Michigan it wasn't like they lost to Michigan earlier in the year. The voters aren't that dumb as to put Michigan ahead of OSU only 2 games after OSU beat Michigan. It is plain and simple that OSU proved they are the better team.....Michigan will be #2 only if they win and UF loses; #3 only if OSU loses and they win.
These are poll voters, remember? There's no way to predict exactly what will happen, and they don't let little things like logic bother them.
SouthernPride396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:49 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Yeah, It's not certain that what I said will happen.........but there's about a 95% shot of what I said being true if that situation arose.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Yeah, It's not certain that what I said will happen.........but there's about a 95% shot of what I said being true if that situation arose.
IF Florida wins (I don't think it has a shot at happening), then the polls SHOULD look like this, guessing Michigan wins too.

1. Florida
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. LSU

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
MagnumGator
Veteran

MagnumGator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So much for the split national championship. The voters got it right. God I wish I saved quotes from everyone on here about how Michigan was getting screwed so bad.
MagnumGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

achilles109 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they're still on the board. I dont understand the "implications" of michigan losing, did it really change opinions about how good ohio state is or is this all for hype?
achilles109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
So much for the split national championship. The voters got it right. God I wish I saved quotes from everyone on here about how Michigan was getting screwed so bad.
Wait until after the National Championship game to talk buddy. If Florida goes out and loses by 10+, then that doesn't prove they deserved it over Michigan.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:
Wait until after the National Championship game to talk buddy. If Florida goes out and loses by 10+, then that doesn't prove they deserved it over Michigan.
It will start the cry that Boise should have got the shot at Ohio State, though.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 01-02-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
Quote:
It will start the cry that Boise should have got the shot at Ohio State, though.
By like 5 people...
Old 01-02-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
Quote:
Quote:
By like 5 people...
The media will need something new to cry about in its effort to get a playoff.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 01-02-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game could get really ugly, really fast. Hands down Ohio State is the better team, there is no debating this.

I just hope the Buckeyes come out fired up and ready to play, unlike Michigan and not take this team for granted. UF is going to play inspired football being the underdog and seeing that no one is giving them a shot, so Ohio State just needs to bury them early.

My prediction.

Ohio State 34
Florida 17

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
This game could get really ugly, really fast. Hands down Ohio State is the better team, there is no debating this.

I just hope the Buckeyes come out fired up and ready to play, unlike Michigan and not take this team for granted. UF is going to play inspired football being the underdog and seeing that no one is giving them a shot, so Ohio State just needs to bury them early.

My prediction.

Ohio State 34
Florida 17
They'll be fired up. They have the best preperation coach in the game. Tressel is going to have the troops ready to go.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 01-02-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Tressel>Lloyd Carr
Old 01-04-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...SIScreenServer

Thought this was a funny article.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 01-04-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU

Florida just isnt ready, in a couple years when Tebow is matured then maybe they will win the whole thing
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink

I smell upset
Old 01-06-2007, 02:10 AM    (permalink
TheSchmidt
Rookie

TheSchmidt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Two things are going to kill UF. Inconsistency at QB and no running game. That and Troy Smith tearing up their defense.
Florida averages 160 rushing yards a game, I would call that a running game.

Quote:
With as many weapons as OSU has on offense, Florida just can't stop em. Gonzo, Ginn, Robiskie, Hartline, Small, Pittman, Beanie, Maurice, and of course the Heisman winner. Ohio State is just better on both sides of the ball.
I guess it's good all those guys can't be on the field at the same time, eh.

How will Ohio State stop Dallas Baker, Andre Caldwell, Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow, Jemalle Cornelius, DeShawn Wynn, Cornelius Ingram and Chris Leak?

Quote:
I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.
Andre Woodson (Kentucky)
Erik Ainge (Tennessee)
JaMarcus Russel (LSU)
Blake Mitchell (South Carolina)

Look for Florida to make big play on special teams, either it be a blocked kick or a kick return by Brandon James. I laught at all of you who say Florida doesn't have as much talent as Ohio State. You will be in for a big surprise come Monday Night.
TheSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchmidt

Quote:
I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.
Andre Woodson (Kentucky)
Erik Ainge (Tennessee)
JaMarcus Russel (LSU)
This is a joke right. First of all, he said BESIDES RUSSELL. Read that first.

Also lets llok at you're other Qbs you listed.

Blake Mitchell: Benched halfway through the year for an ex-safety. Yep i want him

Erik Ainge: Most inconsistent QB around, and was pitiful in the outback. Another great gunslinger.

Woodson: Lets all jump on the bandwagon now that he beat Clemson! YAY!.

Jesus.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:47 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
I smell upset
I dont'. 34-20 OSU, won't be close.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
TheSchmidt
Rookie

TheSchmidt hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchmidt

Quote:
Andre Woodson (Kentucky)
Erik Ainge (Tennessee)
JaMarcus Russel (LSU)
This is a joke right. First of all, he said BESIDES RUSSELL. Read that first.

Also lets llok at you're other Qbs you listed.

Blake Mitchell: Benched halfway through the year for an ex-safety. Yep i want him

Erik Ainge: Most inconsistent QB around, and was pitiful in the outback. Another great gunslinger.

Woodson: Lets all jump on the bandwagon now that he beat Clemson! YAY!.

Jesus.
Andre Woodson threw for 3,515 yards this year with a 63% completion percentage along with 28 TD's and only 10 picks. Probably the most underrated QB in the country.

Erik Ainge also had a nice year by throwing for 2,989 yards with 19 TD's and 9 picks despite missing some time with an injury.

Thought Mitchell had a better year than what he did, however, John Parker Wilson is very solid as well. All these guys would wither be #2 or #3 QB in the Big 10.
TheSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote