Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-08-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See, the thing that most people don't realize, that Ohio St. is probably feeding off of, is this "SEC Speed" stuff, and how OSU can't keep up, and how everybody is seemingly thinking that the "underrated" Florida will "pull off the upset."

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
See, the thing that most people don't realize, that Ohio St. is probably feeding off of, is this "SEC Speed" stuff, and how OSU can't keep up, and how everybody is seemingly thinking that the "underrated" Florida will "pull off the upset."
Ohio State heard enough of that Florida speed crap in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl against Miami.....and they actually had a slower team then than they do now, while Miami was way more talented on defense than this Florida team is. We already know that the SEC Speed is irrelevant to OSU, why does everyone forget the 2002 team
Old 01-08-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
When you lose a game in college football, it's all out of your hands. So don't lose a game and you don't have anything to cry about it. And I thought you guys quieted down after USC showed Michigan isn't even the 3rd best team in the country.
I'm sure Michigan would have played a different game if they were in the National Championship. They can say the right things about how they were going to play, but anyone who has played in a third place game knows its not the same thing.

You act as if there is no argument for Michigan playing the National championship. Your lucky the NCAA is about making money and not putting the two best teams against each other. They didn't want to see a rematch so they put Florida in there. You got lucky.
That is the most ignorant comment of the day. I went to IU; so I know about the Big Ten caliber of play. Also, this football season, I worked down in Atlanta; so I had the opportunity to watch their SEC games. There is no doubt in my mind that the SEC was the superior conference this year. They are faster, stronger, and execute better. Michigan fans are just making excuses because they are used to getting everything handed to them on silver platters. Well guess what, right before your silver platter was about to get to you, something happened...THE FLORIDA F****** GATORS. Hardest schedule in the nation, #2 defense, and Timothy Tebow. So enjoy the game tonight, and realize that the caliber of play is just beyond your team and its 2 losses...including one blowout.
Your opinion. And in my opinion your team got handed the silver platter.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm gonna say Florida in an upset. I like this game from the standpoint both teams are fast and play very good football. I like the fact we have an sec and big ten team for the title. I'm a PSU fan so naturally I like the big 10 to win, but I also believe the sec was better this year. Hopefully OSU pulls it out so we can at least have 2 big 10 teams show up and win thier bowl games this year.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY
I'm gonna say Florida in an upset. I like this game from the standpoint both teams are fast and play very good football. I like the fact we have an sec and big ten team for the title. I'm a PSU fan so naturally I like the big 10 to win, but I also believe the sec was better this year. Hopefully OSU pulls it out so we can at least have 2 big 10 teams show up and win thier bowl games this year.
3, we already have 2.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
NFLBOY
Rookie

NFLBOY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBOY
3, we already have 2.
My fault. You are correct, I forgot about Wisconsin.
NFLBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think i'll finally throw my .02 cents in.

Ohio State: 27
Florida: 31
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumGator
When you lose a game in college football, it's all out of your hands. So don't lose a game and you don't have anything to cry about it. And I thought you guys quieted down after USC showed Michigan isn't even the 3rd best team in the country.
I'm sure Michigan would have played a different game if they were in the National Championship. They can say the right things about how they were going to play, but anyone who has played in a third place game knows its not the same thing.

You act as if there is no argument for Michigan playing the National championship. Your lucky the NCAA is about making money and not putting the two best teams against each other. They didn't want to see a rematch so they put Florida in there. You got lucky.
That is the most ignorant comment of the day. I went to IU; so I know about the Big Ten caliber of play. Also, this football season, I worked down in Atlanta; so I had the opportunity to watch their SEC games. There is no doubt in my mind that the SEC was the superior conference this year. They are faster, stronger, and execute better. Michigan fans are just making excuses because they are used to getting everything handed to them on silver platters. Well guess what, right before your silver platter was about to get to you, something happened...THE FLORIDA F****** GATORS. Hardest schedule in the nation, #2 defense, and Timothy Tebow. So enjoy the game tonight, and realize that the caliber of play is just beyond your team and its 2 losses...including one blowout.
Your opinion. And in my opinion your team got handed the silver platter.
not my team brother. i just think fl is better.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this will be a good game ( not as good as last years ) and florida will come out to win by 10. 30to20

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
SouthernPride396
Rookie

SouthernPride396 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Since it seems to be the trendy thing to do, I'll take a stab at the score.

28-17 Florida, with both of Florida's touchdowns coming in the second half.
SouthernPride396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SouthernPride396
Rookie

SouthernPride396 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Corso picked Florida. They're doomed now.
SouthernPride396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPride396
Corso picked Florida. They're doomed now.
He's picked against Ohio State three times this year, LOL.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State- 41
Florida- 17
Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gimme Florida 27-24...

(But in all honesty I have no clue who will win)

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida 34-31.

And Chris Myers needs to get off my TV.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's get this party started.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

when are they going to start this thing. I hate having to stay up so goddamn late for a football game.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
when are they going to start this thing. I hate having to stay up so goddamn late for a football game.
it's 8:00, get the sand outta your vagina.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
well it's technically 8:30 over here, and some of us actually have to get up early and can't get up at noon every day.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they come at you from so many angles it would buckle you high school geometry teacher....quote of the day

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well it's technically 8:30 over here, and some of us actually have to get up early and can't get up at noon every day.
i get up at 7:30 everyday.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Your watching the future president do the coin flip.

they get smoked.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's early? :shock:
Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh the defer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's early? :shock:
yes, sir.

they get smoked.