Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-05-2006, 01:38 AM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05
Quote:
Jarvis Moss is the best linebacker in the country
I think James Laurinaitis just won the best defensive player in college football award. Although I will admit Florida has a better linebacking unit.

I guess you are claiming Elvis Dumervil as the best defensive player in the nation last year also? Laurinaitis couldn't shed a block by me. He is so overrated.

Michigan's offense can hang with tOSU's I believe, as they displayed when they played.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:28 AM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

[quote="gstock05"]

I think James Laurinaitis just won the best defensive player in college football award. Although I will admit Florida has a better linebacking unit.
quote]
THere are 3 or four awards that could technically classify you as the best defensive player. Lott, Nagurski, but the only one that matters is the Bednarik, which he's not even up for.

He's vastly overrated and won't win the butkus.

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
Florida fans talk to me when u lose to Ohio St. by 3 in Columbus. Oh, wait a minute. They won't.

1. They won't in Columbus.
2. They'll lose by at least 14....and thats being nice.
As usual, you're posts contain no fact, and just blatant opinion.

And just so you know, Florida often had seven and even six guys in the box vs. Arkansas and effectively shut them down. They brought an extra man up when Ray McDonald got hurt.

McDonald's injury was said to be a hypextension so he should be ready.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:41 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Quote:
Florida fans talk to me when u lose to Ohio St. by 3 in Columbus. Oh, wait a minute. They won't.

1. They won't in Columbus.
2. They'll lose by at least 14....and thats being nice.
As usual, you're posts contain no fact, and just blatant opinion.

And just so you know, Florida often had seven and even six guys in the box vs. Arkansas and effectively shut them down. They brought an extra man up when Ray McDonald got hurt.

McDonald's injury was said to be a hypextension so he should be ready.
That was not a hyperextension, that was a break, until I see a link, I'm calling it a break

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 12-05-2006, 01:58 PM    (permalink
danman253

They evaulated it twice. First it was a break, then a big hyperextension. EIther way i doubt he is 100% after that .
Old 12-05-2006, 03:02 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

These are both big play offenses, so yes snuff, I expect the score to be around 35-33 with OSU winning.

I think OSU defense is very good, but they haven't faced speed similar to this, well... since, Michigan who put up 39.

Although if OSU wins, i think they will be the most dominate team that i've ever seen, beating 3 #2's in a season. That's impressive.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
These are both big play offenses, so yes snuff, I expect the score to be around 35-33 with OSU winning.

I think OSU defense is very good, but they haven't faced speed similar to this, well... since, Michigan who put up 39.

Although if OSU wins, i think they will be the most dominate team that i've ever seen, beating 3 #2's in a season. That's impressive.
The thing is that Michigans QB won't crumble under pressure...
Old 12-05-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Well that's just it, Leak is the key. That shovel pass INT was just awful, I've never seen that before, but he's got some skill, he just has way to many brain craps.

Speaking of Florida QB's, Tebow next year, cause they have a verbal from Cameron Newton, who has Brian Brohm size and skill written over him.

another random thought, How does Georgia have the #2 recuiting class?

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice point brought up on the radio.

Two things you don't want when you face the Buckeyes (and two things UM didn't have THIS SEASON):

1. A mediocre offensive line

2. A QB prone to make mistakes.

Two things Florida has.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:

Most of the scoring was due to Cbs not being able to set in the grass, allowing Wr's to cut easier on the CBs. Michigan also had a good run game going. Another thing Florida doesn't have.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Thunderstruck

Quote:
Quote:
they also lack the overwhelming physicality that the Wolverines brought to the table which gave Ohio State fits
Not sure what you're talking about, but I didnt see the Wolverines defense give Ohio State any fits on 11/18.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The Wolverines were manhandling that Ohio State offensive line, which is why Troy Smith's performance was all the more impressive.

Quote:
Ohio State might not score the most per game, but we absolutely have the best offense. There is not an offense in college football thats even close to the balance and talent for rushing & passing that we have.
I would probably agree.

Quote:
After witnessing us single handedly pick apart what I thought was the best defense in a good 3-4 years, I don't think Florida will do much better. Their only hope is turnovers & Percy Harvin.
Again, I would probably agree.

Quote:
Quote:
Do you really think Ohio State could hang with USC in 2004?
Hrmm... Cal seemed to be pretty much even with them throughout the entire game. USC barely won vs. Cal in 2004.
Still, I couldn't see Justin Zwick keeping up in a shootout.

Quote:
Which is a joke. Laurinaitis has been superb this year, but he hasn't been the best defensive player in college football. He was borderline average in the Michigan game.

Quote:
Finally, SEC is tough, but overrated. Wisconsin destroyed Auburn last year and Wiscy wasn't even that good.
I tend to think the Wisconsin-Auburn game gets overrated when comparing the Big 10-SEC because the Badgers won that game on pure emotion. The players wanted to win it for Barry Alvarez. Auburn, on the other hand, didn't really look like they wanted to be there.

Although, I do not think the SEC was all it was billed up to be this year. Toughest conference? Without a doubt. Murderer's row? Perhaps.

Quote:
I'm going to say we'll rush for 175+ and pass for around 250. I think we're going to go with more of a run healthy offense. Our offensive line is the best in the nation, no doubt about it.
I would probably lower the rushing offense a little bit, but I still feel as though the running game will be successful. And while I think it is questionable if that offensive line is the best in the nation, they should be able to pave the way and protect just fine.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
After witnessing us single handedly pick apart what I thought was the best defense in a good 3-4 years, I don't think Florida will do much better. Their only hope is turnovers & Percy Harvin.
Because no team wants to rely on their biggest offensive playmaker and turnovers to win a game. :roll:

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I have had 48 hours to *********** and moan about this.....

I would like to first apologize for telling countless number of people to shut the *********** up, that was inappropriate of me to do. I would also like to say that I have said a lot of negative things about the Florida football team. I have no problem with them. In fact, they're my 2nd favorite football team. But they ran into my favorite. I didn't mean the mean crap I said about the Florida football team. Those were said out of frustration. Florida diserves to be playing on January 8th. I'm not sure if I ever said that, I may have said the opposite, but that was out of bitching and moaning. I am not pissed off at Florida, I am pissed with the system, thats all. Nothing to do with Florida, with the current system, I do not mind at all Florida gets to play on 1-8. I need to quit bitching and the players (if they were even) and the coach (I know he has been) need to quit, so they can be ready for USC. This was a great season for UM, and it has defntly been been better than expected. After all, we are in the Rose Bowl and should feel proud. And a lot of teams would love to be in our position. So peace out and stay classy.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink
snuff

Shut up Yadachu.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:51 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Quote:
Because no team wants to rely on their biggest offensive playmaker and turnovers to win a game. :roll:

Usually a team effort is the best way to win...
Old 12-05-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Hey Yoda.

Do you think that Florida would have passed Michigan if USC didn't lose and were going to the NC?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
Hey Yoda.

Do you think that Florida would have passed Michigan if USC didn't lose and were going to the NC?
Hell no, but that was the hand that was dealt. Two teams that diserved to go to the championship and 1 was going to be left out and that one was unfourtunantly us.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Shut up Yadachu.
No, that would make too many peoples dreams come true....and its Yodachu.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Someone break down the positions.
QB:OSU
RB:OSU
WR:OSU
TE:OSU
FB:FLA, I gotta give them something
OL:OSU

DL:OSU
LB:OSU, LERONIDUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Secondary:FLA, once again, had to give them something

Advantedge:OSU
You must have hit your head here is a more accurate comparision
QB-OSU
RB-UF
WR-UF(all u have is Ted Ginn)
TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF
Old 12-05-2006, 07:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think Wynn is better than Pittman and Wells? You are nuts. Optimist.

DL is a push if not OSU. CB is OSU. LB and S is Florida.

And OSU has a lot more than Ted Ginn. Ginn and Gonzalez are better than any WR Florida has.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
QB-OSU
RB-UF
TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF
your a joke
Old 12-05-2006, 07:37 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

QB-OSU
RB-UF
TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF

You sure he was hit on the head and not you?

Wynn is not even close to pittman/Wells
All osu has is ginn? Heh, you know nothing about NCAA. OSU has the deepest R corps in the country.
DL is OSU all the way. McDonald is banged up, Gholston, Pitcock and patterson are all healthy, not to mention a notcieable decline in uf's game w/o thomas.
CBs: UF? Jenkins and Smith are 10x better than UFs

So yeah, you should stop now
Old 12-05-2006, 07:38 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

QB-OSU
RB-UF
WR-UF(all u have is Ted Ginn)TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF

Pittman is 10000X better than that fatty Wynn. He may go in the second round this year in the draft

WHile I agree with your edge, your statement afterwards couldn't be more worng, Anthony Gonzalez is a very good second WR.

D-Line- Not without mcdonald, you are not. You already lost marcus thomas, if Mcdonald doesn't play, OSU gets the edge.

No way you have better corners, no way

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 12-05-2006, 07:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
QB-OSU
RB-UF
TE-OSU
FB-OSU
OL-OSU
DLINE-UF
CB-UF
S-UF
LBUF
your a joke
Can I speak now because of his stupidity?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It will be impressive, but that won't make the the most dominant team... They're not even the most dominant team in the past two years. Both Texas and USC of last year would handle OSU imo.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote