Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-17-2006, 11:16 AM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown
Both Tressel and Lloyd Carr are perfectionists when it comes to that. Overconfident? They haven't won the NC yet, they won't be, Tressel will make sure of that.

I'm gonna say watch the Dline. Gholston I think will have himself a big game, as will Pitcock and Patterson.

With as many weapons as OSU has on offense, Florida just can't stop em. Gonzo, Ginn, Robiskie, Hartline, Small, Pittman, Beanie, Maurice, and of course the Heisman winner. Ohio State is just better on both sides of the ball.
Ok, I'm going to be as unhomer as I possibly can here:

The only problems that Ohio State will have with Florida are the following:

The QB substitutions of Chris Leak and Tim Tebow
How many touches Percy Harvin has
And running against the Florida D

I think if we can limit the big plays and have good running games from Antionio Pittman and Beanie Wells then we should be able to handle the game.

I think Florida has to stop Troy Smith from having so much time in the pocket and they need to be able consistently play out of the "Urban Meyer" formations and strategy.

I say Ohio State 31 Florida 21
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
Talent wise, it's no contest, Ohio St in a slaughter. However, this game will be between a overconfident Ohio St team vs a Florida team that has been hearing for a month that they don't belong on the same field as Ohio St. Football is still a game that can be decided by the team which is a lot higher emotionally for the game than the other team. That's why upsets occur all the time in sports.
Florida is going to be sky high for the game and Smith had better have his leadership qualities and mental toughness operating on all cylinders or you could very well see an upset. Emotion can negate talent a great deal of the time.
Eh, with Tressel, they won't be overconfident. Tress knows how to get guys up, how to pump up opponents and all that crap. Hell, on his radio show, he made it sound like Northwestern was going to kill us...
Tressel is a great HC but players are human beings and when you keep hearing in the press and from your friends and family, that Florida doesn't even belong in the game and won't be much of a challange, it will be very difficult to get emotionally prepared for the game.
I'm not saying Ohio St won't win but games like this are always dangerous when one team has the emotional edge and upsets do occur in these situations. I doubt the game is a cakewalk and I expect Florida will mount a charge at the start which Ohio St will have to contain and then mount its own charge in the second half.
I can remember very clearly a simular situation in the Rose Bowl quite a few years ago when an undefeated or a 1 lose Ohio St team, I believe, played a 7-4 Stanford team. As the teams lined up to run on the field, the first Stanford player to run out turned around and tried to tackle the rest of his teammates, he was so fired up and I thought to myself, this game may not be a blowout after all, and sure enough, Stanford upset the heavily favourite Buckeyes. From that time on I learned to respect emotion when predicting a game, and I predict Florida will give a great effort against Ohio St and cover the spread and perhaps pull out an upset.
HC's have never found the answer to over confidence, not even the great ones.
Lol, my favorite thing about this is how you sort of cover all your bases. Saying it will be closer than expected, or an upset.

Anyways, I think Tressel is a guy who first and foremost focuses on the emotional part of the game. He doesn't let his guys get too high nor does he let them get too low. He'll be preaching, PREACHING about how Florida is better. Over here in Columbus, Kirk Herbstreit everyday on the radio talks about Florida's speed and [sarcastically,] how OSU can't hold up. We're essentially using the motivation of "SEC fans all think the SEC is better than the Big Ten. That Florida is better than us."

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:44 PM    (permalink
snuff

I don't know.

I mean I think tOSU might have emotion problems... I mean its only the biggest game of their career, and final game of many.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:04 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

florida doesnt have a chance in hell.

OSU-42
FLA-17

chris leak throws like 3picks, gets sacked 3times or more

troy smith passes for 3tds, wells gets 2, ginn gets one on a punt return or kickoff

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:21 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Florida wins by 5. for some reason 26-21 is what i think, but i don't know how you realistically can score 26 pts. i guess 2td's & 2fg's with 1 xpt missed.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Florida wins by 5. for some reason 26-21 is what i think, but i don't know how you realistically can score 26 pts. i guess 2td's & 2fg's with 1 xpt missed.
Happens all the time. 2 TD's, and 4 FG's

The number your scenario adds up to is 19 btw.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink
achilles109
Veteran

achilles109 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrls
florida doesnt have a chance in hell.

OSU-42
FLA-17

chris leak throws like 3picks, gets sacked 3times or more

troy smith passes for 3tds, wells gets 2, ginn gets one on a punt return or kickoff
Pittman is never shown any love
achilles109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:58 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Happens all the time. 2 TD's, and 4 FG's

The number your scenario adds up to is 19 btw.
3td's. typo.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:59 PM    (permalink

My Prediction:
Florida wins 28-24.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:00 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

too many people are underestimating UF. they allowed 13.7 pts, and that was against SEC opponents.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:17 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
too many people are underestimating UF. they allowed 13.7 pts, and that was against SEC opponents.
Did you not see what they did to Michigans Defense? One of the most highly regarded defenses this year? OSUs offense can beat any defense.

They win 34-17

Troy Smith will get 3 tds through the air, Pittman breaks off a huge run late to seal it.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeNation27

Quote:
I know the SEC makes God himself get down on his knees to schlob the knob and all.....but what about the SEC makes you think they have powerful offenses? I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNation27
Quote:
I know the SEC makes God himself get down on his knees to schlob the knob and all.....but what about the SEC makes you think they have powerful offenses? I can't name 1 QB who is worth anything outside of Russel, and he has his Leak-moments.
The Big Ten doesn't have that many great QB's either. There's a pretty big drop off after Smith and Henne.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:58 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Quote:
The Big Ten doesn't have that many great QB's either. There's a pretty big drop off after Smith and Henne.
ok, then i must ask......
Which Conference has the Best QB's?

Lionsmack

Quote:
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
your leaving out Juice Williams, Drew Stanton, and Kellen Lewis???????
i mean they're not as good as Smith/Henne but their ok, i mean lewis & williams are gonna be good

Lionsmack

Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i mean they're not as good as Smith/Henne but their ok, i mean lewis & williams are gonna be good
Juice hasn't done crap this year passingwise. Stanton is a very good QB, but it doesn't matter because the rest of the talent around him. And I love Kellen. :D
Old 12-28-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Did you not see what they did to Michigans Defense? One of the most highly regarded defenses this year? OSUs offense can beat any defense.

They win 34-17

Troy Smith will get 3 tds through the air, Pittman breaks off a huge run late to seal it.
danman's prediction makes the most sense IMO

Lionsmack

Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 11:04 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Juice hasn't done crap this year passingwise. Stanton is a very good QB, but it doesn't matter because the rest of the talent around him. And I love Kellen. :D

Juice beat MSU, and they played OSU pretty tight, but it's MSU everyone beat them. and aren't you an Indiana fan????? you left out kellen lewis, he's in your frikin sig

Lionsmack

Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 11:05 AM    (permalink

I said I love Kellen. :D
Old 12-28-2006, 02:30 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
key words "gonna be good." they are not good now. i saw juice absolutely tank the game against PU, and stanton is still not as good as he was 2 years ago. I don't even know who minny's qb is, and they finished 5th in the conference.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:

They win 34-17

michigan's defense played against a weaker schedule. im a fan of the B10, but the middle of the pack in the B10 was weak this year. IU finished 6th, and we were under 500 for the season, with losses to southern illini
Old 12-28-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
key words "gonna be good." they are not good now. i saw juice absolutely tank the game against PU, and stanton is still not as good as he was 2 years ago. I don't even know who minny's qb is, and they finished 5th in the conference.

Bryan Cupito

Lionsmack

Quote:
Old 12-28-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No mention of Kellen Lewis there. He is already a good QB. 2nd team freshman all-american. He has a great future ahead of him too.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Even LSU with their pro QB has a bad offense. There isn't any real good offenses in the SEC like OSU or UM, or even one like Wisconsin that can run on most teams. The closest things are Florida (who can't run and is far from a great offense) and Arkansas (who can't throw and is still not really what I'd call a "great" offense really).
Old 12-28-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
ThEvIcTR
Rookie

ThEvIcTR hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I dont want to split the National Championship so i'm going with the buckeyes. Ohio state is to powerful on offense and since florida cant run the ball leak will be gett pressured all game long.

Go Ohio State kick the **** out of these bi*ching ass punks.

37-20 Ohio State in an ass kicking.

Thanks to Gang Green for the SIG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpbXXPOgR2w
ThEvIcTR is offline   Reply With Quote