Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 06-10-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default do you play with/against anyone who is being recruited?

just wondering as i found it kinda cool that our MLB, Patrick Larimore(3 star prospect) has already comitted to UCLA for 08 and we played another UCLA 08 comittee in E.J. Woods from Crespi in passing league today.

anyone else play with or against anyone who is being heavily recruited?
Old 06-10-2007, 04:45 AM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Already out of HS, but I did play against Heath Miller in HS.

He was a senior when I was just a freshman. Dude was a freakin' MONSTER of a quarterback (yes, he was a quarterback in HS). I caught him on a bootleg once, chasing him to the sideline. Guy could've easily turned upfield and outran me, since I was a 250lbs defensive tackle. Instead, he lowered his shoulder and planted my a** in the dirt. Was by far, the hardest I had ever been hit.

You would think that guy is just a bit unathletic watching him play football, but that is far from the truth. In his senior year of HS, he switched from 1st base to shortstop in baseball. Made the move easy and was a slick fielding shortstop. Could've easily been a draftee in baseball. I think he struck out maybe 3-4 times in his 4 years in baseball as well.

Scary good athlete.
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Played with and am freinds with Braden Hanson, QB from NC. He is highly recruited 4 star. About the 6th rated QB on scout.com

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bryshon Nellum(track phenom,WR) lives across the street from me, and I play basketball with him at the gym.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Christenson - Iowa QB
Dave Molk - Michigan OL recruit
Aaron Nagel - ND recruit
Brett Nagel - bunch of offers
Coby Fleener - TE Stanford Recruit
Graham Pocic - Tons of offers OL recruit.

Among others who are getting some interest like Gordon Kickles, Bobby Ernest, Willie Hayes, etc..

All on the same pop warner team.. Pretty stacked team if you ask me.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on my team are also
-Delano Howell(3 star on scout.com)
-BR Holbrook(invited to Army all-star game)

i have played against
-Shane Vereen RB/CB Valencia(full-ride to CAL)
-Darrell Scott RB St. Bonaventure(#1 recruit on scout.com)
-Vaughn Dotsy OT St. Bonaventure(3 star on scout.com)
-Milton Knox RB Birmingham(4 star recruit on scout)
-AJ Wallerstein OG Canyon(3 star recruit on scout)
-Michael Herrick QB Valencia(Ole Miss QB)
-Joseph Fauria TE Crespi(full-ride to Notre Dame, 5-star recruit)
-Shane Moleen RB Mission Viejo(RB, UCLA)

...and many more, it is actually kind of cool to say that i played against all of these great players
Old 06-11-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my friend is the #37 ranked player in the nation for the 2009 basketball class
Old 06-11-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Last Season i played with

Carson York who was the #8 OT in the nation on scout, although i didnt think he deserved it cuz he kinda blew. just HUGE. (going to oregon.)

Brandon Hanna who was the 15th ranked MLB absolute animal, was an even better running back. had 150 rushing yards in our state championship (going to oregon)

Also been playing with Byron Hout since my freshmen year. Hes been an all state defensive end his soph, and junior years and won All State player of the year last year as a junior, but because of his size hes switching to Middle linebacker this year. hasnt played a down at linebacker but hes already got 5 offers, best one is washington right now, but AZ State is coming soon and so is Oregon. Kid is an absolute STUD. Check him out on Scout. Had 85 tackles and like 6 punt blocks as a soph, and then 87 tackles and 12 sacks with a punt block his junior year.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I ve played against, had a camp with, or seen play in person. Now that i look at this list im amazed at some of the people ive competed against

Adrian Clayborn - Iowa - 4 star
Paul Chaney - Iowa
Jeremy Maclin - Mizzou, returned 2 punts against us - 4 star
Blaine Gabbert - Nebraska commit - 4 star
Logan Gray - Georgia - 4 star
Wes Kemp - undecided
Munir Prince - Notre Dame - 3 star
Keith Williams - Nebraska - 3 star
Aron White - Georgia - 4 star, #1 TE on rivals for 2007
Lamark Brown - K State - 4 star
Marvin McNutt - Iowa - 3 star, best high school athlete ive ever seen
AJ Jimmerson - Michigan St
Jairus Byrd - Oregon - Freshman All American at DB, but was an amazing QB
Taylor Bennett - G Tech - Was not that good, no one in the St. Louis area understood how he got a D1 scholarship offer, but hes making the best of it
Will Franklin - Mizzou - Saw him play basketball in high school he put the ball through his legs and reverse dunk it
Will Paul - Michigan
Rolandis Woodland - Mizzou commit - 3 star

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Any thoughts on Hansen?

Given that it's a down year for QBs and Rutgers needs one badly, they've offered seemingly every QB in the East. I heard he was a UNC lean but they need to nab one of them somehow.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Any thoughts on Hansen?

Given that it's a down year for QBs and Rutgers needs one badly, they've offered seemingly every QB in the East. I heard he was a UNC lean but they need to nab one of them somehow.
Everyone seems to think he is leaning to UNC but he is pretty opened at this point. He wants to visit all the schools. He really liked Alabama and Saban but they have yet to offer. I would say Rutgers has chance but since he isnt all that familiar with it Im not sure. He just visited it though, but I have not talked to him about it.

He has a huge arm and great accuracy. He doesnt play against top notch schools though because he goes to a smaller private school. He has also had the benefit of playing with good WRs. He has all the physical tools and really understands the game. I would like to see how he faired against greater competiton because in NC last year he threw for about 20 more TDs than anyone else. He deserves all the credit he gets but he will have to work hard to be a D1 QB and I think he will. I dont see him coming in as a freshman and starting so Rutgers better have someone who can play until he is ready if he decides to go there.

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Yeah, QB is locked up for the next two years, but the depth chart is empty after that. Make sure to tell him that any commit to Rutgers this year will probably be a 3-year starter :)
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played against A.J Green.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i played against the 3 star recruit DT Ian Williams who commited to ND....
and i just got back from a UCF Camp where Matt Patchan (5 star recruit) was there....

that kid is a giant sissy though, he was crying after he lost a tug-of-war competition that the Offensive line coach for UCF had the o-linemen doing
Old 06-19-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My cousin Austin Champlain is an OL/DL in California who has recieved interest from Oregon, Utah, UNLV, Fresno State, and SDSU
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
Already out of HS, but I did play against Heath Miller in HS.

He was a senior when I was just a freshman. Dude was a freakin' MONSTER of a quarterback (yes, he was a quarterback in HS). I caught him on a bootleg once, chasing him to the sideline. Guy could've easily turned upfield and outran me, since I was a 250lbs defensive tackle. Instead, he lowered his shoulder and planted my a** in the dirt. Was by far, the hardest I had ever been hit.

You would think that guy is just a bit unathletic watching him play football, but that is far from the truth. In his senior year of HS, he switched from 1st base to shortstop in baseball. Made the move easy and was a slick fielding shortstop. Could've easily been a draftee in baseball. I think he struck out maybe 3-4 times in his 4 years in baseball as well.

Scary good athlete.

My cousin played basketball against him. What school did you go to?

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

today in a passing league i played notre dame high school who has anthony macdonald(4 star on rivals;comitted to notre dame) at MLB and dayne crist(4 star on rivals;also comitted to notre dame) at QB. macdonald was a dick and repeatedly threw me to the ground for no reason. crist seemed way overrated as he threw numerous picks to our D.

also, donovan carter(3 star on rivals) was MLB for birmingham, who we played last week
Old 06-22-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

recruits i've played with/against(don't know their rankings or anything)
Devier Posey,WR
Riley Dunlop, WR
Kyle Rudolf, TE
Jeff Rieskamp, DE
Eugene Clifford,S
Revelle Sadler, CB
Ben Martin, DE/LB
Adam Myers-White S/LB
Tyler Moeller, LB
Cobrani Mixon, LB
Rick Schmieg, OL(just committed to Purdue)
Tirdell Byrd, DT
Alex Albright, DE
Curtis Meyers, DE
Jeff King, DT
Frank Becker, OL/DT
Spencer Smith, LB/FB
Connor Smith, OL
Mister Simpson, FB
Dominic Goodman, QB/WR

some of those guys are bigger names than others but they all play D1 football or are going to this upcoming season.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Bryshon Nellum(track phenom,WR) lives across the street from me, and I play basketball with him at the gym.
Kids a beast.. I watched him at State, It was like God in spikes.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone heard of Demitrius Bronson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:33 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

lets see, I played with Kevin Bemoll, Greg Peat, Ryan Williams Nick Reed, any good true Freshman that went to Mission Viejo in 2001. P.T. Gates, Jess Beets, Nick Nelson, Jesse Lee. I played against Alex Parsons, anyone in the Seaview league from 2002-2005. anyone in the mission conference from 2006-07(JC) oh and ive talked to Warren G, and have help his son in FB, and have seen the Pierce(Antonio) Kids play football, and they call ball really good.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play against Mike Tyson's son who's surprisingly pretty good but plays for a crappy team.

I have to wear earmuffs under my helmet.

Last edited by kalbears13 : 06-23-2007 at 04:58 PM.
kalbears13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
my friend is the #37 ranked player in the nation for the 2009 basketball class
i looked at scout and none of the 09 guys are ranked yet and then rivals i could not seem to get it.... a name would be cool?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just played against a couple of good recruits at my last camp. This is there rankings in Northwest.
# 27http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=7...=1&nid=3008198
# 21http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=7...=1&nid=3011185
#83 http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=7...=1&nid=2554834
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
V. Young
Rookie

V. Young hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I tackled jonas gray in a scrimmage once, realy hard to take him down. Hes solid.
V. Young is offline   Reply With Quote