Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default New York Knicks

The Giants forum has the Mets, we can at least have the Knicks...

I've been hearing more and more that the Knicks are going to highly pursue Rasheed Wallace and are in fact likely to get him. Is anyone opposed to this? I mean, me personally, I would like a talented player on my team whose not a headcase, but in all honesty, what talented players aren't headcases these days? And also, Rasheed Wallace is one of the only, and probably the best, scoring threat both inside AND outside, not to mention the Knicks could REALLY use some interior defense, and Sheed's definitely got that.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am not really a fan of the placement of this thread but w/e i don't think the knicks could handle sheed let alone his contract
Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it would be a good fit for the Knicks.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.

Well I'm not sure about what the trade would be, or how the contracts would even out, but I'd love to get him. I mean think of how well him and Curry would balance out, plus David Lee coming off the bench and eventually replacing Sheed. I think Rasheed is just such an agressive player and is a veyr important asset to any team, if not for he's pure all-around talent, then for his energy. Plus, he himself stated he wants to come to NY before he retires, but then again so did Webber...

Old 06-12-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the New York Knicks. If a team has a crappy contract for an overrated player, the Knicks always take it on and give great draft picks in return.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

If the Knicks trade David Lee for someone like KG, Rashard Lews, or Jermaine O'Neal, I will seriously, seriously, seriously consider never liking them again.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Curry Randolph Crawford Lee Marbury ... Dickau ! Nba Champions '08!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so who is gonna start at shooting guard and small foward this year?

are we gonna start Richardson or Crawford at the 2 and what about the 3 spot?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

i say we put lee in the 3 spot hah.. but seriously i think this is the first forum ive been on that hasnt been pissing and moaning about how randolph doesnt play amazing defense and how hes not a team player and of course how frye would come out of his season long slump. Well, i dont know how we got anyone to take the on the contract of steve francis, that alone made me smile. secondly i think the addition of another big man legit scorer will take off the double and tripple teams from curry. or they could end up trading randolph and the two expiring contracts to someone else. i dunno, but with that trade the addition of wilson i think i may start cursing out the knicks every night

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
i say we put lee in the 3 spot hah.. but seriously i think this is the first forum ive been on that hasnt been pissing and moaning about how randolph doesnt play amazing defense and how hes not a team player and of course how frye would come out of his season long slump. Well, i dont know how we got anyone to take the on the contract of steve francis, that alone made me smile. secondly i think the addition of another big man legit scorer will take off the double and tripple teams from curry. or they could end up trading randolph and the two expiring contracts to someone else. i dunno, but with that trade the addition of wilson i think i may start cursing out the knicks every night
trailblazers are gonna buy out the contract of francis

but i dont how anyone can complain about getting another post scorer we need someone like you said to help curry inside since frye from his 1st to 2nd year got scared of some reason of going inside and kept camping out on the top of the key shooting jumpers and randolph is a good rebounder which also something we need and we have good coaches when it comes to teaching the big men so im not worried about how he isnt a great defender
Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

The New York Knicks as of today

PG:Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson/ Dan Dickau
SG:Jamal Crawford/Mardy Collins/Fred Jones
SF:Quentin Richardson/Jared Jefferies/ Renaldo Balkman/Wilson Chandler/Demetrius Nichols
PF: Zach Randolph/David Lee
C: Eddy Curry/ Randolph Morris/ Jerome James

now we have 16 with that nichols trade

Last edited by LTgiants : 06-29-2007 at 11:35 AM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Rumor going around Demetrius Nichols traded to Knicks for 2008 2nd round pick...it wont be announced till tomorrow

heard it on msg last night

Last edited by LTgiants : 06-29-2007 at 11:34 AM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The New York Knicks as of tonight

PG:Stephon Marbury/Nate Robinson/ Dan Dickau
SG:Jamal Crawford/Mardy Collins/Fred Jones
SF:Quentin Richardson/Jared Jefferies/ Renaldo Balkman/Wilson Chandler
PF: Zach Randolph/David Lee
C: Eddy Curry/ Randolph Morris/ Jerome James
That's too many players...Dickau will probably get cut or traded.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
That's too many players...Dickau will probably get cut or traded.
thats 15 thats the max amount of players your allowed to have
Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
thats 15 thats the max amount of players your allowed to have
My bad... i didnt even look, i was thinking Kato also....

Still it's looking like Dickau may be on the outs...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dont they still have Rose under contract also?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Yea it is lookin that way, which is unfortunate, I'd rather him than Nate...from a purely basketball standpoint, but we know that's never gunna happen.

Huge trade though, great move by us, love who we got. Now ofcourse, you can say that all we did, was add another high-priced, disgruntled player, and we did...but he's an Isiah Thomas kinda player, and he will be huge on the boards for us. The only thing I don't like, is now, our starting PF and C are not so great defensively, and they're big ego kinda guys who need big time minutes, so I'm worried how my favorite player, David Lee, is gunna fit into this formula. If you ask me, he's who we build our franchise around, not Eddie Curry. But, at the end of the day, we've got a nasty offensive team on paper, some HUGE point scorers. But the chemistry and the defense is lacking in my opinion. Something's gotta give, we can't have so many ego's on one team. I'm a huge fan of the trade, and love it a lot, but I can't see Curry and Randolf being "Co-Stars" on this team.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well, he will be HUGE alright...haha...I would never want these guys on the same team...both fat, lazy, and both a bit egostistical. If it sure will be interesting, Isiah should get these boys on strict weight plans right now...def. two of the least dedicated players in the league, imo. Once again, it will be interesting...atleast you found someone to take the Franchise of your hands...all though, this will only hurt your cap status for an additional two years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-29-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dont they still have Rose under contract also?
rose is a free agent or atleast that what it says on espn.com
Old 07-08-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Finally, I've been waiting for this day for a few weeks now, by Isiah Thomas has officially said David Lee is untouchable. Any trade with him in it would be devastating to me as a fan and to the Knicks as a franchise, so I'm glad there's no more possibility of that.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice that Lee's untouchable, but he's going to have a tough time getting minutes between Randolph and Curry out front. I feel like Knicks fans are going to really end up hating this trade between Lee's decreased play time and and the interior defense. Also, seems like Thomas wants to grab Ron Artest, which could make for quite the interesting locker room. Thoughts on a potential deal there?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
Finally, I've been waiting for this day for a few weeks now, by Isiah Thomas has officially said David Lee is untouchable. Any trade with him in it would be devastating to me as a fan and to the Knicks as a franchise, so I'm glad there's no more possibility of that.
If he was traded, I wouldn't watch the Knicks anymore.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

no one wants artest if we have to give up lee
Old 07-12-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Does anyone else think we should start Balkman at SF?

He never needs the ball, plays great defense, goes after loose balls, and can lead a fast break. He's the perfect fit next to Zach and Eddy.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

no not until he can develop at least a little jump shot i would rather have q who seems focused on having a good year and knows he will be scoring less so he knows he is going to have to step up the other areas of his game or of course we can start lee

but no i wouldnt start balkman over those 2