Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-07-2006, 07:12 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I love Kanye, College Dropout and Late Registration were great. But they both suffered from the same downfall, they were to long and filled with a few fillers, and Kanye's usually get killed when other rappers get on a song with him. But I still look forward to it.
Those fillers r called skits and they were funny as hell on his last album. It is nice 2 c somebody rap about something other than sex, drugs, and cars not that those arent awesome but it is nice 2 hear something new.
That's what I like about Kanye. He's mainstream, but he's not talking about drugs and ho's. He is also a very good lyricist. He killed it on Last Call.
Ha then I want to see who you consider a bad lyricist.

I told her to drive over in your new whip
Bring some friends you cool with
Imma bring da cool whip
Then I want you to strip
See you is my new chick
So we get our grind on
She be grabbin, callin me Biggie like Shine home
Man I swear she fine homes
Why she always lying though...

:shock: Amazing!

Kanye cannot freestyle to save his life, but to be fair his newer stuff has been better than that.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:13 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I love Kanye, College Dropout and Late Registration were great. But they both suffered from the same downfall, they were to long and filled with a few fillers, and Kanye's usually get killed when other rappers get on a song with him. But I still look forward to it.
Those fillers r called skits and they were funny as hell on his last album. It is nice 2 c somebody rap about something other than sex, drugs, and cars not that those arent awesome but it is nice 2 hear something new.
I know what skits are, so don't come at me with that condescending tone. And those are not the fillers, I'm talking about lackluster songs he seems to plug in to fill the album out.

Plus I think skits on any album is a waste of sound and time. Go back to albums like Illmatic and All Eyes On Me, no skits and they are the albums I enjoy the most.
How can he have a tone? He's typing.

What songs did you think were lackluster? There wasn't a song on there that I disliked.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
I disagree. Look at the appearances on College Drop Out.

Ludacris on Breathe. Kanye is much better.
Talib and Common. Talib was equal. Common had his worse verse ever.
Jay-Z was decent, but Kanye was better on Never let me down.
Everyone is pretty equal on Spaceship.
Ludacris I agree with, Kanye did good on that one. But "Get'em high" with Common and Talib, Talib had the best verse I believed. Never Let Me Down was all Jay-Z. But just my opinion, everybody has there tatste.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know what skits are, so don't come at me with that condescending tone. And those are not the fillers, I'm talking about lackluster songs he seems to plug in to fill the album out.

Plus I think skits on any album is a waste of sound and time. Go back to albums like Illmatic and All Eyes On Me, no skits and they are the albums I enjoy the most.
Sorry about the tone but College Dropout and Late Registration would murder those cd please.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:19 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry about the tone but College Dropout and Late Registration would murder those cd please.
Have you ever listened to Illmatic or All Eyes On Me? They're two of the greatest rap albums ever.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's what I like about Kanye. He's mainstream, but he's not talking about drugs and ho's. He is also a very good lyricist. He killed it on Last Call.
Ha then I want to see who you consider a bad lyricist.

I told her to drive over in your new whip
Bring some friends you cool with
Imma bring da cool whip
Then I want you to strip
See you is my new chick
So we get our grind on
She be grabbin, callin me Biggie like Shine home
Man I swear she fine homes
Why she always lying though...

:shock: Amazing!

Kanye cannot freestyle to save his life, but to be fair his newer stuff has been better than that.
He dident write that one smart one my guess is that u have never listned to his non singles besides that is not bad u do better
Old 12-07-2006, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How can he have a tone? He's typing.

What songs did you think were lackluster? There wasn't a song on there that I disliked.
Tone can be evoked and conveyed through words, hence novels and poetry.

As for the songs I didn't like:

College Dropout:
The New Workout plan
School Spirit
We Don't Care
and all the skits
(Still a very strong album)

Late Registration:
Gone
My Way home(Which only has common)
Brinf Me Down
Addiction
Celebration
(The skits on here were very well done)
Old 12-07-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink

[quote="cardsalltheway"]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Those fillers r called skits and they were funny as hell on his last album. It is nice 2 c somebody rap about something other than sex, drugs, and cars not that those arent awesome but it is

Have you ever listened to Illmatic or All Eyes On Me? They're two of the greatest rap albums ever.
Of course they r but I dont Believe they were nominated for album of the year.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No hard feelings

But BLASPHEMY on the Illmatic and All eyes remark.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink
snuff

Anyone that thinks College Drop out or Late Registration is better than Illimatic should be shot.

"This rhythmatic explosion, is what your frame of mind has chosen
I'll leave your brain stimulated, niggaz is frozen"

The AZ verse on Lifes a ***** is better than Kanye's CD's combined.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
NIG

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You are right, ye' kills it on Last Call.

Killin Y'all Ni66as on that lyrical ****.
Mayonaisse colored benz i push miracle whips....hahah i love it.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Anyone that thinks College Drop out or Late Registration is better than Illimatic should be shot.

The AZ verse on Lifes a *********** is better than Kanye's CD's combined.
Im not hate'en on those albums but u niggaz take everything so seriously.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

People who don't take things seriously should be shot. In the face.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:32 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I saw Kanye at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. He puts on a helluva show.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Quote:

I should shot u 4 that J STEW sig Dennis Dixion is way better
Old 12-07-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
I saw Kanye at Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. He puts on a helluva show.
No dought
Old 12-07-2006, 07:38 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam
No dought
learn to spell.... you look like a moron
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who's Dennis Dixion? Didn't know the Ducks had a RB by that name.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dont play stupid wit me
Old 12-07-2006, 07:46 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dont play stupid wit me
you have enough stupid for the entire board to play with
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dont play stupid wit me
you have enough stupid for the entire board to play with
YO MAMMA
Old 12-07-2006, 07:47 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dont play stupid wit me
Sounds like you're doing just fine in that role. No need for me to steal your thunder.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

damn too late for that
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dont play stupid wit me
Sounds like you're doing just fine in that role. No need for me to steal your thunder.
Lets put an end 2 this right now truce :D
Old 12-07-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets future
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

damn too late for that
Nice!!!