Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.
Default Early Reports

It may be just my opinion, but I don't think it's ever too soon for wild speculation and baseless guesstimating. Especially when it comes to the results of the NFL Draft.

So as teams wind down with minicamps and OTAs, which rookies on your team have been rumored to be doing well? Really poorly?

For the 49ers, the reports are all very positive on fourth round OLB Jay Moore, and especially on 6th round safety Dashon Goldson. Everyone from Nolan, to fellow defensive players who have been interviewed, to 49ers beat writers have said very positive things about Goldson in particular.

On the negative side, (although he's a free agent, not a draft pick) it seems like the 49ers might be souring on Ashley Lelie already. Lelie has been very slow to come back from a quad strain, and coaches seem to be very frustrated with that and a perhaps less than stellar work ethic.

So what about your team? Is that first round stud living up to expectations early in the summer? Did your GM uncover a late round stud? What's the word on the street?

(And yes, I know how pointless this is-- what can I say? It's a long offseason, and I'm starved for some football news.)
Old 06-21-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've heard on the Bengals...

Leon Hall has adapted to the playbook well and the staff is impressed with his mental approach to the game.

Kenny Irons can catch better than advertised and he missed a flight to get to mini camp so he rented a car and drove several hours, the staff was impressed with this and he has fit in great with the team.

Marvin White is cocky (which I love) and keeps saying he was the best saftey in the draft. The coaching staff was surprised with how good he was in coverage and he was adjusting well to the playbook... He seems like the biggest find in our draft.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For GB, from the blogs and reports I've read, it seems like third round pick James Jones has shown tremendous hands and is reminiscent of Favre's first great WR. Too soon to start making that comparison, IMO, but there's some chatter out there. First rounder Harrell hasn't taken the field yet. The other good thing for the team is that almost every player, including Al Harris and Charles Woodson, came in for the OTA's and the defense and offense look much better. The only one who hasn't been there has been Coery Williams, if I'm mistaken. I think he's annoyed they drafted Harrell and doesn't plan on showing pre-TC. The O-line could have some better chemistry as all the o-linemen have spent a large chunk of the off-season with each other, hunting, fishing and working out. Nothing impressive at the TE spot. Much better competition at SS, WR and RB.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Wright looks very good and should start.

It's hard to tell with Thomas because its mini camp for lineman, they need pads on.

Quinn has been iffy, but the whole team is learning a new difficult and complex offense.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:09 AM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
thats what ive been hearing as well, he has stood out tremendously, i think i also heard that the other corner we took, something mcdonald(guy from memphis) has show good coverage skills

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From what i hear, is the Tim crowder is a Coach Fav. he seems to have it all...and Thomas is VERY TALENTED...moss is also impresive, but Thomas seems to be taking all the star light
Old 06-22-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Giants, Steve Smith continues to catch just about everything and has so far outshined first round pick Aaron Ross who has mixed reviews.

Coaches seem to be really impressed with TE Kevin Boss. Giants could have some sick red zone weapons if Shockey, Burress, Boss, and Jacobs are all on the field at the same time.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
For the Giants, Steve Smith continues to catch just about everything and has so far outshined first round pick Aaron Ross who has mixed reviews.

Coaches seem to be really impressed with TE Kevin Boss. Giants could have some sick red zone weapons if Shockey, Burress, Boss, and Jacobs are all on the field at the same time.
dont forget about the hetfy lefty for sneaks :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post

Ahmad Bradshaw has really turned heads also. Once considered a 3-4 round prospect, dropped to the 7th due to some character concerns. His football ability is outstanding, and he is being called a steal. All he needs to do is keep his head on straight.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

for Patriots:
Meriweather: he only did rookie camp, missed passing/mini camp because a hamstring injury(hes fine but we dont wanna risk it). All indications are that he will play a big role. In rookie camp, he showed how good in coverage he is..calling shots, fluid hips. Corner back like in terms of coverage. Only negative was on his first day, he dropped a few balls in a drill but next day he came back and caught everything including 1 handed.

Randy Moss: He was still jumping over people and making tough catches. People say he didnt seem full speed(wether hes hurt or lost speed or w.e)

Welker: Brady called him a: Lab dog. He does what hes told and goes and catches the ball, comes back and ready for next play. He looked good catching and returning...also kicked a FG in practice

Kelly Washington: Dissapointing..hes dropping a lot of balls

Sammy Morris: Media and fans didnt believe he was a legit replacement for Dillon but hes doing well and showing us why BB was high on him

Harrison: Hes healthy..hes the leader and in nickel-dime, he moves to linebacker

Thomas: Hes been mostly playing ILB..moves around sometimes but he looks very athletic

Rashad Baker: Hes suprising. He laid out Randy Moss day 1 i think(no contact but he didnt care ). Hes been a ball hawk and hes physical. Improved chances of staying.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:33 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's hard to tell with Thomas because its mini camp for lineman, they need pads on.

Quinn has been iffy, but the whole team is learning a new difficult and complex offense.
Eric looks he could start selling the rest of the team ecstasy pills and date raping the cheerleaders at anytime now.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 06-22-2007 at 08:36 AM.
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints

As you all know Meachem has surgery and came in overweight but after losing it he looks great. Hands are soft and he's catching everything (before the surgery of course).

Usama Young and David Jones look great. Should be our #1 and #2 CB's for the future.

Andy Alleman will push for a starting job. Colston is, well, Colston.

Same reports as last year on Devery Henderson. Catching everything and impressing everyone. It's just when it comes to games..

Deuce looks like he did when he was just drafted. Plus he is almost 100% healed from his knee injury. Pittman is looking like a stud. So is Stecker. RB and WR will be very hard and I wouldn't want to be a coach deciding who makes the team.

Rhema McKnight is looking like Colston last year. Great hands and route running is above average. David Patten is very cocky. Says anything less than starting is unacceptable. I love it. Lance Moore is catching everything and with Beerman getting cut I think his return ability helps him make the team.

Our 7th round pick ILB Marvin Mitchell is looking really good, better in coverage than advertised and should be a starter within 2-3 years.

Saints are looking good. If our DT's can hold up we'll have a top 15 defense.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you really think Young, Mitchell and Jones will be starters in a few years? Young probably but not the others. Its a minicamp/passing camp..your supposed to be doing well if u belong in NFL
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Ahmad Bradshaw has really turned heads also. Once considered a 3-4 round prospect, dropped to the 7th due to some character concerns. His football ability is outstanding, and he is being called a steal. All he needs to do is keep his head on straight.
That's my boyyy
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

All indications out of Bills camp is that JP Losman is looking exceptional. Even John Clayton, who notoriously hates the Bills and refuses to give us credit, attended mini camp for a day and called our offense "a winner" and complimented numerous times including, "Losman looked terrific Monday as he hit receivers in stride." He said our team chemistry was "exceptional" and compared our offense to the Greatest Show On Turf (Rams of 99, 00, 01).
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Steelers the rookies really haven't done much as Woodley and Timmons have sat out much of the time due to minor injuries, and in the case of Timmons he has only taken mental reps.

Hines Ward has said that undrafted free agent Dallas Baker has played really well .

Mike Tirico

Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
For Steelers the rookies really haven't done much as Woodley and Timmons have sat out much of the time due to minor injuries, and in the case of Timmons he has only taken mental reps.

Hines Ward has said that undrafted free agent Dallas Baker has played really well .
We drafted baker 7th round.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
From what I've heard on the Bengals...

Leon Hall has adapted to the playbook well and the staff is impressed with his mental approach to the game.

Kenny Irons can catch better than advertised and he missed a flight to get to mini camp so he rented a car and drove several hours, the staff was impressed with this and he has fit in great with the team.

Marvin White is cocky (which I love) and keeps saying he was the best saftey in the draft. The coaching staff was surprised with how good he was in coverage and he was adjusting well to the playbook... He seems like the biggest find in our draft.

Marvin White was probably my favorite player in the whole draft, endorsed him all year! Marvin the Great White Hit will be very good in the NFL.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
We drafted baker 7th round.
Sorry my bad

Mike Tirico

Old 06-22-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

CJ: The Lions have held all three "camps" already and when reading the daily reports on all of them, probably 75% of them included a mention of CJ making a circus catch in drills. I recall at least ten separate occasions of this. He has been described as very fast, fluid, and strong. Also, it has been reported that CJ is among the first to arrive and the last to leave, and has a habit of showing up 15 minutes early to every meeting. The only thing reported that's not wildly positive is that he's still working through the Martz playbook and has a way to go before he grasps it all, but that's hardly a huge knock.

Stanton: Martz started with him on day 1 of the rookie camp, breaking down and rebuilding his mechanics, including his grip, footwork, throwing motion, etc. He was held out of 7-7 drills for the first two camps, but got in there some during the last one. Martz has said that he should be able to push for the #2 job, and that he expects him to be ready by game 1, obviously not to start, but to be able to play if he was needed.

Ikaika Alama-Francis: Comments have been made that he has surprising burst, agility, and quickness. Expected to be firmly in the DE rotation, although Kalimba Edwards is still expected to start ahead of him. Lions fans are hoping Ike can turn that around in training camp.

Gerald Alexander: I remember a couple of camp reports that he had made a pass breakup or a pick in drills. I hope that means he has good awareness and instincts, but who knows.

Johnny Baldwin: The only comment I've heard about him is that the two veteran MLBs on the roster look much better than him. We'll see in training camp, but he could be headed for the practice squad unless he can beat out Donte Curry for a ST position.

Manuel Ramirez, A.J. Davis, Ramzee Robinson: No comments of note.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Eric looks he could start selling the rest of the team ecstasy pills and date raping the cheerleaders at anytime now.
Oh man you are so funny, maybe Eric can also go get some HGH from the Steelers I heard they have a huge supply.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 06-22-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Chiefs:

Dwayne Bowe: Started off slow but one he got more comfortable got better as OTA's went on.He has a bit of a hamstring injury right now but he has plenty of time to heal up

Tank Tyler: A little inconsistent.Started off domionating every OL he faced then started stuggling.

Kolby Smith: The coaches from what I hear love him.I was very impressed with what I saw as well.Made quick cuts and showed really good speed

Justin Medlok: Has been very impressive from evverything I have heard and read.Can flat out bomb kicks from long range

Brodie Croyle: Has also looked really good.IF(and that is a big if) the OL can keep him upright then I think Croyle will surprise quite a few people this year

UDFA Brad Eckwreckwu has really caught the eye of the coaches.Has caught almost everything thrown his way while Samie Parker has dropped quite a few passes.If I were Samie I'd get nervous
Old 06-22-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
you really think Young, Mitchell and Jones will be starters in a few years? Young probably but not the others. Its a minicamp/passing camp..your supposed to be doing well if u belong in NFL
Who thought Marquis Colston would be a starter?

I rest my case.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Who thought Marquis Colston would be a starter?

I rest my case.
In the preseason, alot of people did... Notice the trading of Stallworth.

Maybe they didn't think this when they drafted him, but very soon after people thought Colsten would start.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh man you are so funny, maybe Eric can also go get some HGH from the Steelers I heard they have a huge supply.
What is there to be afraid of September 9.....Derek Anderson!?

Mike Tirico