Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-22-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tank Johnson stopped by police in Arizona

Quote:
In what is becoming a ritual at Halas Hall, the Bears are gathering information about a police incident involving Tank Johnson that could affect the length of Johnson's eight-game NFL suspension -- if not affect his standing with the team.

Gilbert, Ariz., Police pulled Johnson over at 3:30 a.m. Friday and cited him for "being impaired to the slightest degree," according to Sgt. Andrew Duncan, a police spokesman. Police initially stopped Johnson for going 40 m.p.h. in a 25 m.p.h. zone when the officer on the scene "made observations that led him to believe Johnson was impaired," according to Duncan.

Johnson was taken to the Gilbert Police station where blood was drawn to determine his blood-alcohol content. Results of those tests aren't expected for up to two weeks, Duncan said. In Arizona, the legal limit for being under the influence is having a blood-alcohol content of .08.

Johnson has not been charged with DUI. If Johnson exceeded .08, he could be charged with driving under the influence. If he wasn't past the legal limit, Johnson still faces the charge of "being impaired to the slightest degree," according to Duncan. Gilbert prosecutors might also decide not to file any charges.
Source: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Last edited by Sveen : 06-22-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This off season has made the NFL look like they have nothing but a bunch of thugs playing for them which I know it not true but they are really taking PR hit.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

40 in a 25? Thats nothing... Now if he was swerving or something I understand, but I doubt anyone here can actually say they have never done 40 in a 25.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So true Splat420. It's sad to see the stupid actions of a few players overshadow everything else.

And I don't think it's the speeding that's the problem WinslowBodden. It's the fact that he decided to drive after he had been drinking (if that is what happened). After everything he has been through this off-season he should know better.

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 06-22-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
40 in a 25? Thats nothing... Now if he was swerving or something I understand, but I doubt anyone here can actually say they have never done 40 in a 25.
15 over in AZ is a felony...
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
So true Splat420. It's sad to see the stupid actions of a few players overshadow everything else.

And I don't think it's the speeding that's the problem WinslowBodden. It's the fact that he decided to drive after he had been drinking (if that is what happened). After everything he has been through this off-season he should know better.
Yeah I understand that, and if he was drinking hes a moron... I'm just saying I am pretty sure almost anyone has gone 40 in a 25 maybe even thinking it was a 25... It's too fast for a 25, but I am pretty sure almost everyone has done it.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If I were Tank Johnson I'd just start driving a tank around instead of a car. That would be badass. Tank in a Tank. Seriously, if it weren't for his contract this could have been avoided completely, he probably drives a ******* '92 Ford E-250 Cargo Van his uncle died in or something with the cash the Bears are giving him.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's quite minor... the only reason it's even a story is because, he pretty much just squashed any chance of having his suspension reduced to six games. Funny how these guys never learn though...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
This off season has made the NFL look like they have nothing but a bunch of thugs playing for them which I know it not true but they are really taking PR hit.
That is the media. How many single players have been suspended?

Even if 50 players different have been arrested in the past year, that is still only 3% of the entire league.

Lets get one thing straight about football players that the media is completely overlooking. They are human, and there is crime everywhere, not just NFL players.

For every player that is troublesome there are 10 other stars that don't and represent the league great.

I seriously doubt there has been a rise at all in the crime rate for the NFL.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
How many single players have been suspended?
That I know of for this season.

Jared Allen
Tank Johnson
Chris Henry
Pacman Jones

I'm not sure if that is all?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antonio Bryant first 2 games.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
If I were Tank Johnson I'd just start driving a tank around instead of a car. That would be badass. Tank in a Tank. Seriously, if it weren't for his contract this could have been avoided completely, he probably drives a ******* '92 Ford E-250 Cargo Van his uncle died in or something with the cash the Bears are giving him.
Who gives a **** what he drives? Athletes are overpaid anyway IMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he is under .08 this is a complete no story. It sounds like they are expecting him to be under a .08 and to not even get charged with a DUI. It's funny how everyone jumps on them before any facts are out. If he gets higher than a .08 I recant my statement, but if he is at a .04 that is only a few beers over the course of a night.

I bet the NFL doesn't have a higher percentage of DUI's than the normal population.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
If he is under .08 this is a complete no story. It sounds like they are expecting him to be under a .08 and to not even get charged with a DUI. It's funny how everyone jumps on them before any facts are out. If he gets higher than a .08 I recant my statement, but if he is at a .04 that is only a few beers over the course of a night.

I bet the NFL doesn't have a higher percentage of DUI's than the normal population.
Going over 15mph the speed limit in Arizona is a felony though, and he's already on probation. He's done in Chicago.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Going over 15mph the speed limit in Arizona is a felony though, and he's already on probation. He's done in Chicago.
They will plead it down, I would venture a guess that very few people get charged with a felony for going 15 over. He will end up getting a normal traffic violation and the impaired to the slightest degree(or whatever that is called) charge.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Who gives a **** what he drives? Athletes are overpaid anyway IMO.
Just sayin the man aint gettin no scrill, sun!!
Old 06-22-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15 over is a felony? Wow, i'd be behind bars for life if i lived der.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he needs to be cut already. All this **** about becoming a model citizen and such. Some people never change.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
he needs to be cut already. All this **** about becoming a model citizen and such. Some people never change.
Pffft... some posters never change...
Old 06-22-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh. My. God. Why does anybody even freakin' care if he was driving 15 mph over the speed limit, especially if he turns out to be under the legal BAC limit.

Also, keep in mind that this is a 6'3 300 pound man. He probably doesn't even feel alcohol until he starts blowing a 1.5.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Oh. My. God. Why does anybody even freakin' care if he was driving 15 mph over the speed limit, especially if he turns out to be under the legal BAC limit.

Also, keep in mind that this is a 6'3 300 pound man. He probably doesn't even feel alcohol until he starts blowing a 1.5.
It was probably down hill and his weight just made the car go that much faster.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He made a statement where he said he would be the NFL's model citizen. Driving around at 3:30 at night, with traces of alcohol, and driving pass the speed limit, which at 15 mph over in AZ is a felony... idiotic, and he should be cut. This is what, the 5th or 6th time he has had a run in with the police in the past 2 years?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Quote:
He made a statement where he said he would be the NFL's model citizen. Driving around at 3:30 at night, with traces of alcohol, and driving pass the speed limit, which at 15 mph over in AZ is a felony... idiotic, and he should be cut. This is what, the 5th or 6th time he has had a run in with the police in the past 2 years?
Maybe he was kickin it with a few boys late at night pounding a 60 back with a few 9s on his lap shooting them off into the air. Then he realized that he needed to go hit up his dealer for some cron and he hit the highway so impaired he didn't even bother trying to read the speed limit or the speed he was going. Hes a gangsta thug.

Relax. Its practically the smallest offense worth reporting and it is only because he is Tank Johnson. If Derek Rackley or someone else did this no one would even care.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Blood tests revealed that former Bears DT Tank Johnson wasn't legally drunk while speeding in Arizona last week.
Tank's alcohol-blood level was .072, just below Arizona's legal limit of .08. He could use this news to help convince another team he's worth a gamble.
Source: http://www.rotoworld.com

Signature made by me

Old 07-02-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
It seems high enough for the Bears to be justified considering Tank's "Man of the Year" spiel after his release. I wonder how many drinks it takes a 300 lb giant to blow a .072. I wonder if Tank will take legal action against the police department.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote