Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
It seems high enough for the Bears to be justified considering Tank's "Man of the Year" spiel after his release. I wonder how many drinks it takes a 300 lb giant to blow a .072. I wonder if Tank will take legal action against the police department.
for what? he can't take action against the police department. they made a routine stop for somebody speeding and at that time in the morning they had good suspicion that he may be impaired which he was to the slightest. also as i stated, we take speeding and dui's very serious because az has a high auto fatality rate.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN just showed Johnson was under the legal limit, he was at .072 and it is .08

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2923817
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ It was a bad decision to be drinking and driving anyways.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Who cares if it was a bad decision? It wasn't illegal. People get pulled over for tickets every day. You stick with a guy through gun charges and prison sentences... but when he gets wrongfully accused of LEGALLY being too drunk to drive, they cut him without thinking.

Oh well, he'll end up somewhere better anyways. My guess....

Indy... or NE.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Saints View Post
Who cares if it was a bad decision? It wasn't illegal. People get pulled over for tickets every day. You stick with a guy through gun charges and prison sentences... but when he gets wrongfully accused of LEGALLY being too drunk to drive, they cut him without thinking.

Indy... or NE.
He will be in Denver in no time. He should sue the cops that took him in for "being to drunk to drive."
Old 07-03-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
He will be in Denver in no time. He should sue the cops that took him in for "being to drunk to drive."
He should. If he wasn't "Tank Johnson," the Cops woulda called in a breathalizer instead of just taking him in immediately.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
He should. If he wasn't "Tank Johnson," the Cops woulda called in a breathalizer instead of just taking him in immediately.
Do you actually think police would recognize a guy like Tank Johnson? The vast majority of NFL players are unrecognizable by the average person.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Do you actually think police would recognize a guy like Tank Johnson? The vast majority of NFL players are unrecognizable by the average person.
Yeah I do think police would, considering how much focus the NFL has put on him and Pac Man and their relationships with police. I wouldn't be surprised to see their pictures in every cop car like when you're banned from an amusement park or something and they have your picture with the words "don't let in." Only difference is the NFL players pics say "Arrest on site, no evidence neccessary."
Old 07-03-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Yeah I do think police would, considering how much focus the NFL has put on him and Pac Man and their relationships with police. I wouldn't be surprised to see their pictures in every cop car like when you're banned from an amusement park or something and they have your picture with the words "don't let in." Only difference is the NFL players pics say "Arrest on site, no evidence neccessary."
Yup...

Good to see another terrible poster has joined the NFLDC ranks. I'm sure that police in Arizona have a picture of a random defensive tackle from the Chicago Bears posted in their car. I couldn't even pick Johnson out of a crowd and I'm a hardcore NFL fan.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

It feels so good to be back and pissing people off :)
Old 07-03-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:

Indy... or NE.
You really think the Colts would touch a guy with the kind of off-the-field issues he has? Not to mention that they have absolutely no need for another nose.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
tank refused a breathalizer, so he was taken to the station and they had to obtain a warrant from the judge to do a blood test, tank was very rude and took a bad attitude toward the police. In any case, driving is a priviledge, not a right and the police reserve the right to take away your priviledge at any moment if they find it necessary, you know like when you're felony speeding in their town, I know exactly where tank got pulled over and there is a lot of pedestrians crossing there at all times day or night, it's a hotspot for immigrants crossing back and forth, he should have slowed down. Why do you feel he was treated so badly, I would have been taken in the same had i refused a field sobriety test.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Field sobriety tests are terrible. It is very unlikely you will pass them regardless if you have drank or not. They are designed to get you to fail them.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um, Tank Johnson refused the breathalizer, and since the police likely had evidence of drunk driving, they had to take him for a blood test. And obviously there was evidence of drunk driving as he just barely passed it. And, this shows he was drunk before driving. And 15 mph over the speed limit is still breaking the law and a felony in Arizona. You know what, people can hardly give a **** if some people think 15 mph above the speed limit is nothing, cause it is Arizona's law. And Tank Johnson does make his living in Arizona so he should have obviously known this.

It amazes me how people are defending him like this. He broke the law people, and he could have very easily killed himself or several others out on the rode. And he is a big man people, for him to get his BAL up to .072, he must have drank a ********.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please he was is all likelyhood over the limit while driving, he barely got under in a blood test which means he was higher when he was pulled over.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Please he was is all likelyhood over the limit while driving, he barely got under in a blood test which means he was higher when he was pulled over.
He could still be charged with a DUI, but probably won't.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Um, Tank Johnson refused the breathalizer, and since the police likely had evidence of drunk driving, they had to take him for a blood test. And obviously there was evidence of drunk driving as he just barely passed it. And, this shows he was drunk before driving. And 15 mph over the speed limit is still breaking the law and a felony in Arizona. You know what, people can hardly give a **** if some people think 15 mph above the speed limit is nothing, cause it is Arizona's law. And Tank Johnson does make his living in Arizona so he should have obviously known this.

It amazes me how people are defending him like this. He broke the law people, and he could have very easily killed himself or several others out on the rode. And he is a big man people, for him to get his BAL up to .072, he must have drank a ********.
He was close to .01 percent under the legal limit, with as big of a guy he was more than one drink under. The alcohol is a non-factor here, what he did was not illegal. His speeding was illegal.

It doesn't matter if he had to drink more than a normal sized person to get to his BAC level, he was the same level impaired as a small person who only needed 2 or 3 drinks to get to a .072.

In many states, if you refuse a breathalyzer you will automatically get taken in. I am guessing Arizona is one of those states.

15 over being a felony is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if that is the law, that is far from being a severely dangerous amount over the limit. Hell 25 MPH over is pushing it.

Some of you people are so ******* hypocritical. He deserves to be fired because he had a legal amount of alcohol in his system and was speeding? Come on, if you drink alcohol and you are capable of driving a car, you will have done this, or you will in the near future.

Just about everyone has driven after having a few drinks. I would be willing to be a lot of money that almost everyone who drinks has driven when they are over the legal limit always.

Those in glass houses should not throw stones.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
He was close to .01 percent under the legal limit, with as big of a guy he was more than one drink under. The alcohol is a non-factor here, what he did was not illegal. His speeding was illegal.

It doesn't matter if he had to drink more than a normal sized person to get to his BAC level, he was the same level impaired as a small person who only needed 2 or 3 drinks to get to a .072.

In many states, if you refuse a breathalyzer you will automatically get taken in. I am guessing Arizona is one of those states.

15 over being a felony is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if that is the law, that is far from being a severely dangerous amount over the limit. Hell 25 MPH over is pushing it.

Some of you people are so ******* hypocritical. He deserves to be fired because he had a legal amount of alcohol in his system and was speeding? Come on, if you drink alcohol and you are capable of driving a car, you will have done this, or you will in the near future.

Just about everyone has driven after having a few drinks. I would be willing to be a lot of money that almost everyone who drinks has driven when they are over the legal limit always.

Yeah, you're right. Being almost drunk and speeding is nothing.

Hey, I have a question for you. What if Tank ran over a pedestrian? He very well could have. Just because he is barely under the legal limit doesn't mean he still isn't impaired, plus he was speeding at night. A person could be walking by, and he could have very easily ran over that person.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Yeah, you're right. Being almost drunk and speeding is nothing.

Hey, I have a question for you. What if Tank ran over a pedestrian? He very well could have. Just because he is barely under the legal limit doesn't mean he still isn't impaired, plus he was speeding at night. A person could be walking by, and he could have very easily ran over that person.
As long as we are getting into hypotheticals. What if you get into your car, start driving down the street, and it a kid that was crossing the street? I guess you should be arrested now because you might hurt someone. He did nothing illegal in regards to the alcohol. Millions of people do that every weekend, hell millions probably drive over the legal limit every weekend. Everyone who has ever driven a car has sped. He did nothing different than millions upon million of people do.

15 over is nothing, but if you have never went more than 15 over the speed limit, I will rescind my entire argument.(disclaimer:you have to be able to drive, with your naivite you seem pretty young.)

Now go ask anyone age 25 or older and ask them if they have ever driven after drinking a couple beers. Hell ask anyone that can drive, and has drank alcohol. I don't even have a car and I have driven drunk.

Have you ever driven while talking on a cellphone? There have been studies shown that your reaction time while talking on a cell phone is worse than if you are legally drunk.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post

That is where he was pulled over, in dowtown gilbert on a narrow street that you really need to do 25 at, not 40! on top of that, on the other side of that picture is a YMCA, which behind that is Gilbert Elementary. further south and you have Gilbert High School. The speed limit was set to 25 because it's a high pedestrian area at all times day or night, being slightly impaired and driving 15 over, which is felony, is going to get you pulled over. On top of that, refusing a field sobriety test and pushing things further out by about 2 hours, he barely was under the legal limit, had he tested on site he would have been over. Don't downplay the scenario unless you have all the facts and then go, "well i bet you've done it" not even once, I don't drink unless someone can drive, if they can't i call a cab, even if it's only a couple. az is crazy about dui enforcement, not worth the risk.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On Monday I learned that if you drank 12 beers in 2 hours at 10 PM you wouldn't have a BAC of 0.00 until 8 PM the following day. You'd technically be over the limit when you woke up to go to work the next day
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
On Monday I learned that if you drank 12 beers in 2 hours at 10 PM you wouldn't have a BAC of 0.00 until 8 PM the following day. You'd technically be over the limit when you woke up to go to work the next day

This might be true for you, but weight matters.

Who cares if he was under the legal limit after getting a blood test that was probably a good 30 minutes after he was driving atleast. He barely got under. He'll get off on a technicality. Not only this, but we was pulled over at 15 over and gave some hint to being impaired. Despite what you may think, police don't breathalize every single person.

Oh and because other people have done it, its now ok? You're the only one being naive here.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Who cares if he was under the legal limit after getting a blood test that was probably a good 30 minutes after he was driving atleast. He barely got under. He'll get off on a technicality. Not only this, but we was pulled over at 15 over and gave some hint to being impaired. Despite what you may think, police don't breathalize every single person.
That was for a 185 lb person. i forgot theres a lot of fat people here in the forum
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post

That is where he was pulled over, in dowtown gilbert on a narrow street that you really need to do 25 at, not 40! on top of that, on the other side of that picture is a YMCA, which behind that is Gilbert Elementary. further south and you have Gilbert High School. The speed limit was set to 25 because it's a high pedestrian area at all times day or night, being slightly impaired and driving 15 over, which is felony, is going to get you pulled over. On top of that, refusing a field sobriety test and pushing things further out by about 2 hours, he barely was under the legal limit, had he tested on site he would have been over. Don't downplay the scenario unless you have all the facts and then go, "well i bet you've done it" not even once, I don't drink unless someone can drive, if they can't i call a cab, even if it's only a couple. az is crazy about dui enforcement, not worth the risk.
It is easy to lie when there is no way to be proven wrong isn't it?

It was 3:30 in the ******* morning, it doesn't matter if an Elementary school or a YMCA was right there.

Hell, in Texas, residential areas are 35 miles an hour. 40 mph is a respectable speed in an area like that, it was still illegal, but it isn't like he was going 60 through downtown.

Not only that, but I never once said he shouldn't have been taken in. I am saying that being cut is much to strict considering he wasn't DUI, you are the one jumping to conclusions about how impaired he was. All we have to go by is the .072 that he got, which is completely legal.

I will refuse a field sobriety test if I am completely stone cold sober, they are designed to make you fail. I will take the breathilyzer, but not the saying the alphabet backwards, standing on one leg while touching your nose, etc.

Last edited by someone447 : 07-04-2007 at 03:24 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Oh and because other people have done it, its now ok? You're the only one being naive here.
It is completely ok to drive while under the .08 limit. He was almost .01 under the legal limit, he is a very big guy. You are jumping to conclusions by saying that he was driving intoxicated.

Like I originally said, I doubt that very many people get charged with a felony for going 15 over. It is much more likely to get pled down to a normal traffic ticket and Tank will get a fine, exactly what he deserves.

It is about hypocrisy. People who have done the exact thing he did but who have not gotten caught are now crucifying him.