Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content

scroll down a little bit and look at the effects at different levels.

.06-.10

Impairment includes: reflexes, reasoning, depth perception, distance acuity, peripheral vision and glare recovery.

Last time I checked you needed everything shown to be impaired at that level to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.

by the way your 12 beers and hitting BAC 0.0 the next day at 8pm is BS, you subtract .01% every forty minutes. it would have only taken tank 1 hour and 20 minutes to slide within legal limits, which with the time it takes to get to the station and wait on the judge for a warrant, it is reasonable to believe that he was above legal limit at the time of stoppage.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post

.06-.10

Impairment includes: reflexes, reasoning, depth perception, distance acuity, peripheral vision and glare recovery.

Last time I checked you needed everything shown to be impaired at that level to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.

by the way your 12 beers and hitting BAC 0.0 the next day at 8pm is BS, you subtract .01% every forty minutes. it would have only taken tank 1 hour and 20 minutes to slide within legal limits, which with the time it takes to get to the station and wait on the judge for a warrant, it is reasonable to believe that he was above legal limit at the time of stoppage.
Um for a 185 lb person, 12 beers in 2 hours puts you at around .28
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
It is easy to lie when there is no way to be proven wrong isn't it?

It was 3:30 in the ******* morning, it doesn't matter if an Elementary school or a YMCA was right there.

Hell, in Texas, residential areas are 35 miles an hour. 40 mph is a respectable speed in an area like that, it was still illegal, but it isn't like he was going 60 through downtown.

Not only that, but I never once said he shouldn't have been taken in. I am saying that being cut is much to strict considering he wasn't DUI, you are the one jumping to conclusions about how impaired he was. All we have to go by is the .072 that he got, which is completely legal.

I will refuse a field sobriety test if I am completely stone cold sober, they are designed to make you fail. I will take the breathilyzer, but not the saying the alphabet backwards, standing on one leg while touching your nose, etc.
easy to lie? how? look up historic downtown gilbert az and you'll find these same pics. not that hard. also look up gilbert elementary and gilbert high schoola and you'll find that everything i've said and you've seen is at or near the gilbert rd and elliot rd intersection in gilbert az. as far as the field sobriety test being designed to make you fail that is utter cynical garbage. yeah following a light with your eyes or walking a straight line are way to hard for a human being, those animals. OMG what if they ask you to say the alphabet backwards? you're totally SOL on that huh? if you're sober you'll pass with ease, see how friendly the cops get when you refuse buddy, i'm sure your plea down will be laughed at as your ass gets nailed to the full extent of the law.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
easy to lie? how? look up historic downtown gilbert az and you'll find these same pics. not that hard. also look up gilbert elementary and gilbert high schoola and you'll find that everything i've said and you've seen is at or near the gilbert rd and elliot rd intersection in gilbert az. as far as the field sobriety test being designed to make you fail that is utter cynical garbage. yeah following a light with your eyes or walking a straight line are way to hard for a human being, those animals. OMG what if they ask you to say the alphabet backwards? you're totally SOL on that huh? if you're sober you'll pass with ease, see how friendly the cops get when you refuse buddy, i'm sure your plea down will be laughed at as your ass gets nailed to the full extent of the law.
i have failed numerous sobriety tests while completely sober
Old 07-04-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
yeah if you're that small then yes it would take 18 hours to hit 0.00.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
i have failed numerous sobriety tests while completely sober
are you super as in mentally challenged super then?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

.06-.10

Regardless, the amount of alcohol in his system was completely legal. Like I said, have you ever operated a vehicle while talking on the phone? Mythbusters did something on it showing that talking on a cell phone while driving was as dangerous, if not more than drunk driving.(yes, I know mythbusters isn't the most reputable source, but than again, neither is wikipedia. If I find the study I had read, I will post it)
Old 07-04-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
are you super as in mentally challenged super then?
No but at 1 AM it's hard to say the alphabet backwards with a flashlight shined directly in your face. or stand on one leg while wearing sandals on a wet grassy slope
Old 07-04-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Regardless, the amount of alcohol in his system was completely legal. Like I said, have you ever operated a vehicle while talking on the phone? Mythbusters did something on it showing that talking on a cell phone while driving was as dangerous, if not more than drunk driving.(yes, I know mythbusters isn't the most reputable source, but than again, neither is wikipedia. If I find the study I had read, I will post it)
I actually don't talk on the phone while driving because people who do piss me off and I don't want to be a damn hypocrit, and yes wikipedia is not the most relaible source, but I've seen that chart before in the D.A.R.E classes they made us take in the 10th grade.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I'll be honest, I probably drive "drunk" at least 3 times a month and nothing ever happens
Old 07-04-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
I'll be honest, I probably drive "drunk" at least 3 times a month and nothing ever happens
wow, you are not a very smart man at all. you put your own and others life at risk with your half assed driving everytime, when you finally get caught, and you will, you'll regret it more than anything. the fines and jail time and classes they make you take will completely wreck any kind of work/social life you have going.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Easy to lie about not ever driving after having a couple drinks, yes, yes it is.

"Officer, my lawyer has told me never to consent to a field sobriety test, but I would be more than happy to take a breathilyzer. I in no way want to offend you, but I am afraid my nerves will get the better of me." Congratulations, you have just succeeded in avoiding the field sobriety test without angering the police officer.

I guess you are the kind of person who will automatically consent to a search also? That is another thing that I will refuse to do, regardless if I have contraband or not.

You do know what they look for when you are told to follow the light with your eyes, don't you? If you get a little hitch while following it you fail. Unfortunately, some people are unable to follow the light without a hitch regardless if they have been drinking.

How about standing on one leg? Have you ever attempted that when you are tired, you are going to start swaying.

I'll give you the walking, that one is easy, but then again, I can pass that no problem drunk off my ass.

The alphabet backwards, hell I can't even do it very well and I practice it.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
wow, you are not a very smart man at all. you put your own and others life at risk with your half assed driving everytime, when you finally get caught, and you will, you'll regret it more than anything. the fines and jail time and classes they make you take will completely wreck any kind of work/social life you have going.
I will agree with that, I have driven drunk 3 times total, and I regret them all. One the most because it led to me beginning to date a girl I didn't want to date.

But when some people say that people who drive drunk are the scum of the earth and evil people, and how they are going to kill someone, that just pisses me off. MANY, MANY, MANY people who have driven drunk have not killed people. It is PARTIALLY a propoganda machine designed by MADD. I know it raised the chance of it happening, but it isn't an eventuality, it is a chance.

Last edited by someone447 : 07-04-2007 at 02:58 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I actually don't talk on the phone while driving because people who do piss me off and I don't want to be a damn hypocrit, and yes wikipedia is not the most relaible source, but I've seen that chart before in the D.A.R.E classes they made us take in the 10th grade.
And D.A.R.E is a better source? AHAHAHAHAHAHA, nothing like people with an agenda giving information to young minds.

Another lie to make yourself seem like a saint. I am not saying you do all the time, but I am certain you do occasionally.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Easy to lie about not ever driving after having a couple drinks, yes, yes it is.

"Officer, my lawyer has told me never to consent to a field sobriety test, but I would be more than happy to take a breathilyzer. I in no way want to offend you, but I am afraid my nerves will get the better of me." Congratulations, you have just succeeded in avoiding the field sobriety test without angering the police officer.

I guess you are the kind of person who will automatically consent to a search also? That is another thing that I will refuse to do, regardless if I have contraband or not.

You do know what they look for when you are told to follow the light with your eyes, don't you? If you get a little hitch while following it you fail. Unfortunately, some people are unable to follow the light without a hitch regardless if they have been drinking.

How about standing on one leg? Have you ever attempted that when you are tired, you are going to start swaying.

I'll give you the walking, that one is easy, but then again, I can pass that no problem drunk off my ass.

The alphabet backwards, hell I can't even do it very well and I practice it.
well i gues you're one of those aclu hippy liberals... when will you finally realize that you have no rights, the police are going to what they want and how they want. your ridiculous lawyer line is laughable. it takes a radio call and they can get a search warrant and molest you as they please. i will consent to a search or field sobriety test with ease because i have nothing to hide or worry about and it speeds things up and makes my day easier, i don't feel it necessary to waste an officers time because i want to be some pretensious asshole about my civil liberties. let the damn officer get to a real crime instead of throwing a stink because he suspects you of being impaired because you can't drive right. it's not hard to follow a light woth your eyes, you move back and forth, up and down, natural eye motions. standing on one leg is easy, it's called balance and leg strength get it. and abc backwards is simple, you learn them forwards in kindergarten, just flip it the other way.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
And D.A.R.E is a better source? AHAHAHAHAHAHA, nothing like people with an agenda giving information to young minds.

Another lie to make yourself seem like a saint. I am not saying you do all the time, but I am certain you do occasionally.
never, when I drink I drink to get wasted. I don't get buzzed, so I always have a driver. even if I've only had a few, I'll still call a cab or get a driver, my uncle got a dui and it crushed his life, i'd never takae the risk. i'm no saint by any means, i'm just smarter than to get behind the wheel drunk or buzzed.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
It is easy to lie when there is no way to be proven wrong isn't it?

It was 3:30 in the ******* morning, it doesn't matter if an Elementary school or a YMCA was right there.

Hell, in Texas, residential areas are 35 miles an hour. 40 mph is a respectable speed in an area like that, it was still illegal, but it isn't like he was going 60 through downtown.

Not only that, but I never once said he shouldn't have been taken in. I am saying that being cut is much to strict considering he wasn't DUI, you are the one jumping to conclusions about how impaired he was. All we have to go by is the .072 that he got, which is completely legal.

I will refuse a field sobriety test if I am completely stone cold sober, they are designed to make you fail. I will take the breathilyzer, but not the saying the alphabet backwards, standing on one leg while touching your nose, etc.
Johnson getting cut was a team decision. They probably told him after he was incarcerated that if he had one slipup, no matter how small, he would be cut. This was his slipup. Teams can cut whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Johnson getting cut was a team decision. They probably told him after he was incarcerated that if he had one slipup, no matter how small, he would be cut. This was his slipup. Teams can cut whoever they want, for whatever reason they want.
Which makes everyone wonder why on earth the Titans are keeping Adam Jones around.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Which makes everyone wonder why on earth the Titans are keeping Adam Jones around.
Because cutting him would be stupid right now.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Because cutting him would be stupid right now.
Oh yeah? How so?

Unless there is a huge cap hit.

Last edited by ricky bobby : 07-04-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
well i gues you're one of those aclu hippy liberals... when will you finally realize that you have no rights, the police are going to what they want and how they want. your ridiculous lawyer line is laughable. it takes a radio call and they can get a search warrant and molest you as they please. i will consent to a search or field sobriety test with ease because i have nothing to hide or worry about and it speeds things up and makes my day easier, i don't feel it necessary to waste an officers time because i want to be some pretensious asshole about my civil liberties. let the damn officer get to a real crime instead of throwing a stink because he suspects you of being impaired because you can't drive right. it's not hard to follow a light woth your eyes, you move back and forth, up and down, natural eye motions. standing on one leg is easy, it's called balance and leg strength get it. and abc backwards is simple, you learn them forwards in kindergarten, just flip it the other way.
Cops become cops for the power trip. When you are polite and submissive, while still asserting your rights, they are much more likely to let you go. I got arrested one time, I should have been charged with an MIP, public intoxication, trespassing, and even possibly breaking and entering(I tried walking into what I thought was my house, it turns out I was just a drunk dumbass.) I should have been thrown in jail for the night. However, I was very polite and submissive, while not letting them search me, and all they did was write me a public intoxication ticket and dropped me off at home.

I would rather be a pretentious asshole about my civil liberties than to allow a search which gives them a chance to plant something on me.

Some people ARE NOT ABLE to follow the light with their eyes without a noticible jerk, they just physically aren't able. I would rather not risk being one of those people who can't do it.

Like the other guy said, standing on a wet hill in sandals on one leg isn't very easy. Not only that, but you are nervous as all hell regardless if you have had anything to drink. One of my friends got a DUI because the officer smelled alcohol on him. However, he didn't even have a drop that night, someone bumped into him and a beer was spilled.

Let me guess, you are still in high school? That would explain why you are so damn naive about the police. You hesistate for a second when trying to recite the alphabet backwards and they will book you for DUI.

Moses, I understand it was the teams decision. I just think they overreacted on this account. He got a speeding ticket.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, people still trust and respect random cops?
Old 07-04-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Wait, people still trust and respect random cops?
Naive high schoolers do.

To get out of anything, you just have to be a little *****, but I would rather end up in jail and fighting in the courts than to allow them to search me.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Coors light or Sam Adams Utopias?

Beer ranges from 2% abv all the way up to 25%. The number of beers you drink doesn't matter. It's the amount of alcohol you consume. DARE and MADD charts and tables do not translate to the real world. I could drink 1 beer and be over the legal limit. Or I could drink 3 "beers" and be under. If groups like that really want to curb drunken driving, they should consider handing out portable breathalyzer's like planned parenthood does condoms. Stop blaming the alcohol and start helping the people. In other words, pull their heads out of their ass, and start acting like they know a thing or two about their stated mission. I've blown a .14 and felt stone sober. Many people hop into their car thinking there's no way they're above .08, because in reality, .08 isn't "drunk." If it were, then the legal limit would be lower. Like .04
What those silly charts do, is give people a false sense of security, and put more people on the road who are a shade over the limit. "Well, according to that chart, I'm still under. Where's my keys?"

My policy? Not a sip. Literally, if I've taken one sip of beer, I won't drive for the rest of the day. And I actually remind myself before I pop the crown. "Was there anything I needed from the store before I pop this?" It's the only way to be absolutely sure.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Cops are just regular people. Some of them are real ass-holes, but most are very reasonable. Cops, like regular people want respect, and if you give it to them, they will be very reasonable. My Driver's Ed teacher in HS had a buddy who was a cop. When he pulled somebody and they handed him their license and registration within 15 seconds, he never gave a ticket.

Someone - I've heard about that condition where your eye jerks. It's a very rare condition, and if you get a DUI based on that, I'm sure the courts will drop it.