Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Cops are just regular people. Some of them are real ass-holes, but most are very reasonable. Cops, like regular people want respect, and if you give it to them, they will be very reasonable. My Driver's Ed teacher in HS had a buddy who was a cop. When he pulled somebody and they handed him their license and registration within 15 seconds, he never gave a ticket.
Exactly. Cops are just regular people. That is my point. It is bad policy to just blindly trust and respect a regular stranger. I've met many cops who seemed to be good people, and I've met just as many who needed to be smacked upside the head. Also, let's not forget the training that these cops receive. Part of their job description is to be two faced. Before any feelings of trust or respect, the wise will be fearful in the presence of these people. Just like you would around any other person with an arsenal of weapons and more power than they know what to do with. Not only are cops dangerous while they're doing their job by the book, they also make tons of mistakes. I do not trust them at all, and it'll take more than a badge and a smile to earn my respect. Much more.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how people on this forum think that you're drunk or intoxicated at .08 BAC.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
wow, you are not a very smart man at all. you put your own and others life at risk with your half assed driving everytime, when you finally get caught, and you will, you'll regret it more than anything. the fines and jail time and classes they make you take will completely wreck any kind of work/social life you have going.
My brother got two before the age of 21 in Maryland and all he had to do was spend 4 days in jail and the judge cleared his record. No fines. No classes
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:18 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see no problem with having a beer or two with dinner at a restaurant and then driving home
Old 07-05-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Cops become cops for the power trip. When you are polite and submissive, while still asserting your rights, they are much more likely to let you go. I got arrested one time, I should have been charged with an MIP, public intoxication, trespassing, and even possibly breaking and entering(I tried walking into what I thought was my house, it turns out I was just a drunk dumbass.) I should have been thrown in jail for the night. However, I was very polite and submissive, while not letting them search me, and all they did was write me a public intoxication ticket and dropped me off at home.

I would rather be a pretentious asshole about my civil liberties than to allow a search which gives them a chance to plant something on me.

Some people ARE NOT ABLE to follow the light with their eyes without a noticible jerk, they just physically aren't able. I would rather not risk being one of those people who can't do it.

Like the other guy said, standing on a wet hill in sandals on one leg isn't very easy. Not only that, but you are nervous as all hell regardless if you have had anything to drink. One of my friends got a DUI because the officer smelled alcohol on him. However, he didn't even have a drop that night, someone bumped into him and a beer was spilled.

Let me guess, you are still in high school? That would explain why you are so damn naive about the police. You hesistate for a second when trying to recite the alphabet backwards and they will book you for DUI.

Moses, I understand it was the teams decision. I just think they overreacted on this account. He got a speeding ticket.
No I'm 22 by the way. Nice trying to say I'm in high school because I'm not ***** who thinks his civil liberties are being violated by letting someone search him. You're views on police are very media based cynical assumptions of how police actually operate. Not every police officer is this power hungry monster out to plant hidden evidence on you or wait for you to think about the next letter in the alphabet backwards. Those people exist few and far between, but police mishaps are the only stories put on the news because it's not exciting if some idiot gets pulled off the road because he doesn't have enough common sense to not get behind the wheel after drinking. People like you who cop attitude for minor things are the reason why police have to assert themselves in the first place. If you havent been drinking and have nothing to hide, I see no reason to argue and stretch out an officers night, and take him off the streets for a couple hours. Standing on 1 leg is easy, I've witnessed my 73 year old grandmother do it, at age 20-25 this should be like sleeping regardless the condition or shoes you're wearing. As far as your staring without a noticable jerk, that's not what they're looking for, they watch to see if your pupils jerk not your eyes, they ask you to move your eyes. No matter what I say, your still going to think that drinking a few doesn't impair judgement, you'll get caught, refuse like a jerk, and probably get the book tossed at you. And as far as Superkevins brother or friend only getting a slap on the wrist, your state must just not care, in AZ you're getting minimum of 10 days in tent city and a minimum of 3500$ in fines. Also required for 90 days to take AA meetings twice a week for 3 hours a session. Also this whole fear of police is ridiculous, why fear a cop if you're not doing anything, I pass cops all day long and never once think that they're going to pull me over and plant something. When I have been pulled over, I turned the car off, turned on the lamp inside so they could see, left my hands visible and waited for them to ask for anything before i went rumaging around. Also was honest that I was speeding or double crossing lanes, and have been let off with a warning everytime.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I'm 22 by the way. Nice trying to say I'm in high school because I'm not ***** who thinks his civil liberties are being violated by letting someone search him. You're views on police are very media based cynical assumptions of how police actually operate. Not every police officer is this power hungry monster out to plant hidden evidence on you or wait for you to think about the next letter in the alphabet backwards. Those people exist few and far between, but police mishaps are the only stories put on the news because it's not exciting if some idiot gets pulled off the road because he doesn't have enough common sense to not get behind the wheel after drinking. People like you who cop attitude for minor things are the reason why police have to assert themselves in the first place. If you havent been drinking and have nothing to hide, I see no reason to argue and stretch out an officers night, and take him off the streets for a couple hours. Standing on 1 leg is easy, I've witnessed my 73 year old grandmother do it, at age 20-25 this should be like sleeping regardless the condition or shoes you're wearing. As far as your staring without a noticable jerk, that's not what they're looking for, they watch to see if your pupils jerk not your eyes, they ask you to move your eyes. No matter what I say, your still going to think that drinking a few doesn't impair judgement, you'll get caught, refuse like a jerk, and probably get the book tossed at you. And as far as Superkevins brother or friend only getting a slap on the wrist, your state must just not care, in AZ you're getting minimum of 10 days in tent city and a minimum of 3500$ in fines. Also required for 90 days to take AA meetings twice a week for 3 hours a session. Also this whole fear of police is ridiculous, why fear a cop if you're not doing anything, I pass cops all day long and never once think that they're going to pull me over and plant something. When I have been pulled over, I turned the car off, turned on the lamp inside so they could see, left my hands visible and waited for them to ask for anything before i went rumaging around. Also was honest that I was speeding or double crossing lanes, and have been let off with a warning everytime.

Paragraphs please.

I'm not saying all, or even most cops are assholes. But I have sure run into my fair share of jerk cops who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them. In case you don't know freedom from unreasonable search and seizure is one of our constitutional rights. One that I will fight to the death to keep. I will answer any question that won't incriminate me, I will treat them with respect whether or not they deserve it, but I won't let them infringe on my liberties.

So I am guessing that you have never slipped on icy/wet ground before? **** happens, I am not going to get arrested and given a DUI because I happen to slip on something.

Do you have any idea how many people drink and drive? Most people never get caught. You are the one who blindly follows what you are told, hell you quoted D.A.R.E as a legitimate source, you do know what the word "propoganda" means, don't you?

Did you not read where I said it was possible to refuse the field sobriety test and not come off as a jerk? As a matter of fact, it is actually quite easy. I have been given 2 traffic tickets, one I was going 20 over the limit, and I got a ticket for going 5 over; the other one I was already in a pissed off mood and gave the cop lip because I did stop at the damn stop sign, and I told him that just because he was a cop I didn't have to respect him. Needless to say, I didn't get a warning that time; but obviously I've learned my lesson.

Like my story about getting arrested, I was able to stay out of jail, and get a hundred dollar fine when it could have been closer to 2k. I also didn't allow them to search me, when they asked, I told them that although I had nothing to hide, I wasn't going to let them search me, as is my right.

Guess what, they didn't get mad, and we ended up making small talk while they were filling out paperwork.

I know cops are regular people, and people go into different professions based on events that have happened to them in their life. A reason MANY(probably not even most, but quite a few) cops go into the force is because they were picked on, and they want to feel that power. We all know cops like that, they are the ones who yell at you to shut up, to not get your license and registration out until they are at your window, or any of those other power trips.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Paragraphs please.

I'm not saying all, or even most cops are assholes. But I have sure run into my fair share of jerk cops who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them. In case you don't know freedom from unreasonable search and seizure is one of our constitutional rights. One that I will fight to the death to keep. I will answer any question that won't incriminate me, I will treat them with respect whether or not they deserve it, but I won't let them infringe on my liberties.

So I am guessing that you have never slipped on icy/wet ground before? **** happens, I am not going to get arrested and given a DUI because I happen to slip on something.

Do you have any idea how many people drink and drive? Most people never get caught. You are the one who blindly follows what you are told, hell you quoted D.A.R.E as a legitimate source, you do know what the word "propoganda" means, don't you?

Did you not read where I said it was possible to refuse the field sobriety test and not come off as a jerk? As a matter of fact, it is actually quite easy. I have been given 2 traffic tickets, one I was going 20 over the limit, and I got a ticket for going 5 over; the other one I was already in a pissed off mood and gave the cop lip because I did stop at the damn stop sign, and I told him that just because he was a cop I didn't have to respect him. Needless to say, I didn't get a warning that time; but obviously I've learned my lesson.

Like my story about getting arrested, I was able to stay out of jail, and get a hundred dollar fine when it could have been closer to 2k. I also didn't allow them to search me, when they asked, I told them that although I had nothing to hide, I wasn't going to let them search me, as is my right.

Guess what, they didn't get mad, and we ended up making small talk while they were filling out paperwork.

I know cops are regular people, and people go into different professions based on events that have happened to them in their life. A reason MANY(probably not even most, but quite a few) cops go into the force is because they were picked on, and they want to feel that power. We all know cops like that, they are the ones who yell at you to shut up, to not get your license and registration out until they are at your window, or any of those other power trips.
so you're one of those don't take away my constitutional rights kind of guys eh?? just like the rednecks and their right to arms.... I personally think that certain rights should be revoked if the police have just cause, as in if they suspect you're drunk or stoned, your pansy ass should be molested at their will to keep those idiots off the road. I'm all for alcohol and I've smoked quite a bit of pot, but I keep my partying and driving seperated. Your whole argument is "who hasnt driven drunk?" a lot of people buddy, it's stupid, immature and shows a total lack of good judgement.

no i've never slipped on icy/wet ground, i live in az, those 2 things simply do not exist here. furthermore, i doubt that the officer is going to lead you to the wettest or iciest patch of land to make you take a field sobriety test. you realize that if you fail a field sobriety test, they still take blood sample and if you're within legal limit when you go to court, the charges can be dropped, good thing about this is, you waste more of your time than the officers.

yeah i'm blindly following the advice that if you drink and drive it could be harmful or even fatal, damn those false advertising bastards. D.A.R.E is obviously one sided, but they do present legit stats, and are more legitimate than yourself, with your dumb experiences. i'm sure the officer that came into my class was making up the whole story about getting slammed by a drunk driver and going into a 2 month coma, hell he was so good he photo shopped pics and everything to go along with it. yes i know what propoganda is, and i'm not going to fall for your "everyone does it" bs propoganda.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so you're one of those don't take away my constitutional rights kind of guys eh?? just like the rednecks and their right to arms.... I personally think that certain rights should be revoked if the police have just cause, as in if they suspect you're drunk or stoned, your pansy ass should be molested at their will to keep those idiots off the road. I'm all for alcohol and I've smoked quite a bit of pot, but I keep my partying and driving seperated. Your whole argument is "who hasnt driven drunk?" a lot of people buddy, it's stupid, immature and shows a total lack of good judgement.

no i've never slipped on icy/wet ground, i live in az, those 2 things simply do not exist here. furthermore, i doubt that the officer is going to lead you to the wettest or iciest patch of land to make you take a field sobriety test. you realize that if you fail a field sobriety test, they still take blood sample and if you're within legal limit when you go to court, the charges can be dropped, good thing about this is, you waste more of your time than the officers.

yeah i'm blindly following the advice that if you drink and drive it could be harmful or even fatal, damn those false advertising bastards. D.A.R.E is obviously one sided, but they do present legit stats, and are more legitimate than yourself, with your dumb experiences. i'm sure the officer that came into my class was making up the whole story about getting slammed by a drunk driver and going into a 2 month coma, hell he was so good he photo shopped pics and everything to go along with it. yes i know what propoganda is, and i'm not going to fall for your "everyone does it" bs propoganda.
Jesus Christ man, maybe you should learn how to read. I have throughout the thread said that drunk driving increases the chance of getting in an accident. All I have claimed is that just because someone drives drunk, it doesn't mean they ARE going to get in an accident.

I have never met someone who drinks and hasn't driven drunk at least once, this is going for people my age, people my parents age, and even older.

If you are one of those people who thinks that the right to bear arms should be revoked, you are a hopeless case. But I won't even get into why the arguments for criminalizing guns don't make sense, because that would get much too political. But if you would like to talk about that, please PM me.

I agree, if you get pulled over and are drunk or stoned, you should get in trouble. However, being searched is not something I will submit to. There is a difference to being harassed and your rights being taken away. I will take a breathilyzer because I will be taken in on suspicion of DUI, something that I completely agree with an officer's right to do. Notice how I never once said the cops did anything wrong in Tank Williams case, in fact, when someone said he should sue, I told them that the cops were in the right?

Yes, it CAN get dismissed, but like I said earlier in the thread, my friend got a DUI even without having anything to drink, someone just spilled a beer on him. He got it dismissed, but not without thousands of dollars in legal costs.

Well, if you live in the north, there isn't much chance of stopping on non icy ground in the winter.

Not to mention, I never said drunk driving is right, or even ok, in fact, I specifically said that it isn't. But I also said that those in glass houses should not throw stones. That it is unfair to condemn someone for something just about everyone has done.

Last edited by someone447 : 07-05-2007 at 08:05 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

My big issue is that for most people if you have like 2-3 beers at dinner and drive home you'll feel fine but you're technically drunk by BAC standards. People assume that driving "drunk" means you're completely smashed when in reality you can be be very coherent and responsive
Old 07-06-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I see no problem with having a beer or two with dinner at a restaurant and then driving home

You may not see a problem with it, but the cops do and so may your employer, insurance company, etc.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
My big issue is that for most people if you have like 2-3 beers at dinner and drive home you'll feel fine but you're technically drunk by BAC standards. People assume that driving "drunk" means you're completely smashed when in reality you can be be very coherent and responsive
depending on your body size, what you drink and what your tolerance is... i could probably have like 8 drinks over dinner and only be at legal limit.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
depending on your body size, what you drink and what your tolerance is... i could probably have like 8 drinks over dinner and only be at legal limit.
No, you couldnt.

A 240 pound man, with 8 drinks over an hour (dinner), is blowing a .13...

Last edited by JK17 : 07-06-2007 at 05:19 PM.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
No, you couldnt.
yes yes i could... i've slowed down a bit in the last year, but from age 15-20 i drank every single day, at least 8 beers and a minimum of 10 shots, not including any beer bongs, beer pong or keg stands. my liver is ****, that is why along with having a child i slowed down. i'm also a pretty big guy, 239 is quite a bit of weight, although mostly muscle, i'm still "overweight" at 6'4'' so yeah i could have 8 drinks and be at the legal limit, especially if i were drinking bud light.

Charts don't take tolerance into account my friend, it makes a huge difference.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, you couldnt.

A 240 pound man, with 8 drinks over an hour (dinner), is blowing a .13...
How do you know he's only spending an hour at the restaurant? I seriously doubt that many people are going to consume a drink every 7 and a half minutes. Especially over dinner.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
yes yes i could... i've slowed down a bit in the last year, but from age 15-20 i drank every single day, at least 8 beers and a minimum of 10 shots, not including any beer bongs, beer pong or keg stands. my liver is ****, that is why along with having a child i slowed down. i'm also a pretty big guy, 239 is quite a bit of weight, although mostly muscle, i'm still "overweight" at 6'4'' so yeah i could have 8 drinks and be at the legal limit, especially if i were drinking bud light.
Your tolerance has nothing to do with your BAC. You may be able to handle all that beer/liquor, but your BAC is still screwed. It's just that you are able to deal with it better. Cokeheads, Alcoholics, their bodies all suffer the same from the alcohol/drugs, its just that they need more of it to get buzzed/high....

Legally, you'd be screwed if you had 8 drinks at dinner and then hit the road.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:

Charts don't take tolerance into account my friend, it makes a huge difference.
I agree charts like that are blurry, but your tolerance doesn't really matter. BAC is not a barometer of how well you handle your alcohol, it's merely a measurement of how much alcohol is present in your blood at a given time.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
How do you know he's only spending an hour at the restaurant? I seriously doubt that many people are going to consume a drink every 7 and a half minutes. Especially over dinner.
The guy I responded to had said over dinner, which is what i was rebuttling. And even given two hours, I don't know, so I'm not speaking 100% fact obviously, but I'd assume being almost double the legal limit, doesnt change over an hour. Not many people spend more then an hour and half at a restaraunt, anyway.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Your tolerance has nothing to do with your BAC. You may be able to handle all that beer/liquor, but your BAC is still screwed. It's just that you are able to deal with it better. Cokeheads, Alcoholics, their bodies all suffer the same from the alcohol/drugs, its just that they need more of it to get buzzed/high....

Legally, you'd be screwed if you had 8 drinks at dinner and then hit the road.
well i'd never hit the road, but i do spend more than an hour at dinner, and my BAC wouldn't be the same because my body proccesses alcohol much differently than a person who's never had a drop. i can feel the alcohol pouring out of my skin rapidly probably more so than a regular person.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
The guy I responded to had said over dinner, which is what i was rebuttling. And even given two hours, I don't know, so I'm not speaking 100% fact obviously, but I'd assume being almost double the legal limit, doesnt change over an hour. Not many people spend more then an hour and half at a restaraunt, anyway.
Right, but I think spending an hour and a half at a restaurant is more common than having a drink every 7.5 minutes for an hour straight, in a restaurant, and then immediately walking to your car to leave.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
well i'd never hit the road, but i do spend more than an hour at dinner, and my BAC wouldn't be the same because my body proccesses alcohol much differently than a person who's never had a drop. i can feel the alcohol pouring out of my skin rapidly probably more so than a regular person.
No, your BAC doesnt change no matter how fast/slow/differently your body processes alcohol. I really doubt you can feel the alcohol "pouring out of your skin more rapidly", also.

I wasn't saying you'd hit the road either, just that you would be above your limit.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/bac.htm

A 239 pound male, consuming 96 fluid ounces (8 beers) of approximately 4% alcohol over 1.5 hours blows a .098. Over 2 hours blows a .9. Over 2.5 Hours blows a .083. These aren't exact measurements, but it gives you a pretty good sense, your not under .08 if you've had 8 drinks over dinner. Although I'm actually a little suprised I thought it would be more over .08 then that....
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Right, but I think spending an hour and a half at a restaurant is more common than having a drink every 7.5 minutes for an hour straight, in a restaurant, and then immediately walking to your car to leave.
True, yes, and I'm not saying I don't think there are people who can drive with a .08, or even worse then that (Although I think its dumb), but going by both the chart, and conversion system I showed in my previous post, your still above the limit after 8 drinks, whether its an hour or two and a half hours.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
No, your BAC doesnt change no matter how fast/slow/differently your body processes alcohol. I really doubt you can feel the alcohol "pouring out of your skin more rapidly", also.

I wasn't saying you'd hit the road either, just that you would be above your limit.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/bac.htm

A 239 pound male, consuming 96 fluid ounces (8 beers) of approximately 4% alcohol over 1.5 hours blows a .098. Over 2 hours blows a .9. Over 2.5 Hours blows a .083. These aren't exact measurements, but it gives you a pretty good sense, your not under .08 if you've had 8 drinks over dinner. Although I'm actually a little suprised I thought it would be more over .08 then that....
well close enough, not that far over... anyways, seriously, i get extremely flush and clammy when i drink, my body hates alcohol at this point.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
True, yes, and I'm not saying I don't think there are people who can drive with a .08, or even worse then that (Although I think its dumb), but going by both the chart, and conversion system I showed in my previous post, your still above the limit after 8 drinks, whether its an hour or two and a half hours.
Yes, I agree. More than likely, if a 240 lb man consumes 8 drinks over dinner, he will be above the legal limit. But, we wouldn't know until he actually did it. The varying levels of alcohol in different drinks pretty much render those charts useless. Many times, especially at a bar or restaurant, the consumer doesn't know the exact alcoholic content of their drink. And even if they did, that chart wouldn't really help them unless they broke out a calculator. But yeah, I agree that more than likely, subnizzle would be over .08 if he consumed 8 drinks over dinner.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes, I agree. More than likely, if a 240 lb man consumes 8 drinks over dinner, he will be above the legal limit. But, we wouldn't know until he actually did it. The varying levels of alcohol in different drinks pretty much render those charts useless. Many times, especially at a bar or restaurant, the consumer doesn't know the exact alcoholic content of their drink. And even if they did, that chart wouldn't really help them unless they broke out a calculator. But yeah, I agree that more than likely, subnizzle would be over .08 if he consumed 8 drinks over dinner.
Can't really disagree with that, I didn't mean to imply that charts or calculators are exactly 100% reliable in any situation regarding drinking. While tolerance doesn't play a part, many other things regarding drinking do, so there is no concrete formula.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
speaking of 8 drinks over dinner, anything to recommend, drink wise, for my dinner tonight. I'm going to a place called BJ's Brewery, they have in house brews, but anything that you think i should get that wouldn't be their own?