Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
CW99
Rookie

CW99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jason Taylor said something

I heard on ESPN at about 8:05 pm That Taylor said this about trent green
"One and hit and trent is out"

My question is what is up with Jason Taylor and why is he always running his mouth
Old 06-22-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Because he's the Defensive Player of the Year and can afford to be frank without risk of being released.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope Aaron Schobel ends him. Or Coy Wire can do some cool ass wrestling moves on him even though he wasn't that kind of wrestler.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

That's bullcrap. Green took some nasty hits once he came back and he still got back up. In week 17 against Jacksonville Paul Spicer took a couple of cheap shots on Green and while he did leave the game for a while it had nothing to do with his head.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"One big hit, and he could be scrambled eggs."

While that's not much of a stretch, you have to wonder what he was thinking. You're stuck with the guy at quarterback, why would you want to profess your lack of confidence in him when no good can come of it? If I was Trent Green I'd be baffled at his lack of awareness. At this point in the offseason, you need to stay positive and build some team chemistry, especially with a new QB.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:26 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok this just seems simply over analyzed. One big hit could take out any qb let alone one at Greens age. JT is a defensive player who loves to hit qbs. i just dont get what the big deal is, Green is old and he could easily be done in one hit (so could many) its just him saying that. he isnt trying to cause problems or destroy chemistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post

ok this just seems simply over analyzed. One big hit could take out any qb let alone one at Greens age. JT is a defensive player who loves to hit qbs. i just dont get what the big deal is, Green is old and he could easily be done in one hit (so could many) its just him saying that. he isnt trying to cause problems or destroy chemistry
The deal is why is he saying it. How does by him saying that, benefit the team in any way?

He should be worried about the defense. He has no place to talk bout Trent Green who has been a consistent performer 5+ years.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Taylor should be pissed off, he's been a great player all his career and never had a legit offense to help out his defense.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Jason Taylor should be pissed off, he's been a great player all his career and never had a legit offense to help out his defense.
No reason to attack his new QB.

Has the Ravens defense ever called out their offense like that? Did Ray say that about Mcnair last year? No.

Jason Taylor is a great player, just not a smart one.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
reese

i think he is just frustrated. he has been on one of the best defenses in the nfl for years and hasnt had much help from the offense. he is a player that really loves to play and of course would like to go to a super bowl and he is getting near the end of his career and doesnt seen that in the near future. i been a die hard dolphins fan for 15 years and i feel his and zach thomas' pain. they never have left for more money or held out. they done there part for years and just want some help.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought that was hilarious, JT is awesome. If i were Green id be upset and i guess shocked but since im not i found it funny.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post

Has the Ravens defense ever called out their offense like that? Did Ray say that about Mcnair last year? No.

He was more calling out the front office than his QB imo.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

jason taylor talks alot and nothing negative ever comes his way for it. he is one of those players who just gets away with it.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Taylor said something!? No way! What an interesting title.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Jason Taylor said something!? No way! What an interesting title.
Yeah, he's usually a mute, but man, you should have heard it! I mean, HE SAID SOMETHING!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:46 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post

Well, he wouldn't anyways, because apparently they're buddy-buddy. Ray was calling him "the savior" in an interview after they got him in the off-season. Which would mean that he was throwing Kyle Boller under the bus.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post

There's one qb Green's age, take can't be knocked out. He's plays at this place called Lambeau

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
The deal is why is he saying it. How does by him saying that, benefit the team in any way?

He should be worried about the defense. He has no place to talk bout Trent Green who has been a consistent performer 5+ years.
I see what you are saying, and I agree. But the offseason would be terrible if every player made the same vanilla statements (ie-one day at a time, just trying to help the team, he can make immediate contributions and will help us take the next step.)

The statement wasnt in the team's best intrest.

Green isnt the best quarterback in the league, but they could do a lot worse than Trent Green. However, is this statement really off-base? I wouldn't have said it, but it in no way compares to when TO called Jeff Garcia homosexual. That was being a jerk. I think JT is just being honest when shutting his mouth would be much better. I think there is a difference between name calling and simply stating a fact that might hurt someone's feelings.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The title for this thread is so ********.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
There's one qb Green's age, take can't be knocked out. He's plays at this place called Lambeau
yeah but he is tough as nails.:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

jeez winning DPOY sure got him talking. Respect level gone down in my books.

First: he bad mouthed the organization for taking Ted Ginn and calling him "a 1st round PR"
and now this.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
jeez winning DPOY sure got him talking. Respect level gone down in my books.

First: he bad mouthed the organization for taking Ted Ginn and calling him "a 1st round PR"
and now this.
Because he is a first round PR??????
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Cameron called him a PR too....

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Still can't believe they chose Ginn/Beck over Rice/Quinn.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
On the moment the Dolphins passed on Brady Quinn to take Ted Ginn Jr. in the draft: “I was sick to my stomach,” he tells SI. “On draft day I had just played golf with [Dan] Marino and was doing a radio show in Miami [by cellphone] as I was driving home. Atlanta had just picked, the Dolphins were on the clock, and I said [on the air], ‘Just walk up there and pick Brady Quinn —it’s a no-brainer.’ Right as I pulled up in my driveway, the commissioner got to the podium and kind of paused before he read the name, like even he couldn’t believe it. I was like, Oh, s---, I’m going to look like an idiot.”
He doesnt know how to support his teammates..i dont recall hearing him talk negatively before the DPOY. I respected him because he was dominant in our division but even though its the Dooofins, i really dont think it was necessary for him to say anything negative.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote