Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

49ers:
Vernon Davis
Manny Lawson
Michael Robinson?

Other players I like:
Santonio Holmes
Jerious Norwood
Thomas Howard
Ko Simpson
Richard Marshall

Faithful Niner Fan

Last edited by High Roller : 06-28-2007 at 12:42 PM.
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh and also if he stays healthy

willie reid
Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

For KC:
Tamba Hali- led the team in sacks as a rookie and now knows what it takes to be an elite player.
Jarrad Page- Had 4 interceptions as a backup his rookie year including one against Payton Manning in the playoffrs.
Bernard Pollard- Is going to knock the crap out of receivers going across the middle.

Other NFL Players
Manny Lawson
Santonio Holmes
Roman Harper
Mario Willliams
Cedric Griffin
Darryl Tapp
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Antonio Cromartie, Mario Williams, Davin Joseph, Ashton Youboty, Laurence Maroney, and Tre' Stallings.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
Antonio Cromartie, Mario Williams, Davin Joseph, Ashton Youboty, Laurence Maroney, and Tre' Stallings.
Tre' Stallings as in the Mississippi tackle who now plays guard for the Chiefs? I think he could be a good player but I don't think it's his time yet. I didn't watch him in NFL Europe but the guys on sports talk radio here in KC said he had a very strong season over their and the Chiefs front office is raving over his performance. However, I simply do not see him beating out John Welbourn at right guard this year.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Ernie Sims...hes beastly

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look for Chad Greenway to have huge season for the vikes
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC East
Eagles- Omar Gaither/Hank Baskett

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kwbA4c2vdvg

Damn, Norwood could be great.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
NFC East
Eagles- Omar Gaither/Hank Baskett
Romo is not a second year player second year starter yes but he has been in the NFL for five years.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

david beckham for the saints

ahmad brooks will be incredible this year

and im looking for cortland finnegan to have a great year
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
david beckham for the saints

and im looking for cortland finnegan to have a great year
who?(10 characters)
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

DT Claude Wroten, St. Louis Rams
DT Dusty Dvoracek, Chicago Bears
QB Brodie Croyle, Kansas City Chiefs
WR Maurice Stovall, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
WR Demetrius Williams, Baltimore Ravens
OG Rob Smis, Seattle Seahawks
DT Jesse Mahelona, Tennessee Titans
Old 06-28-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
Such a shame... I think you're only the 2nd person other than me to mention him in this thread. Ahmad should explode this year if he avoids injury.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Such a shame... I think you're only the 2nd person other than me to mention him in this thread. Ahmad should explode this year if he avoids injury.
I've actually heard that he doesn't respond to coaching well. He seems like a less talented version of LaVar Arrington to me.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I've actually heard that he doesn't respond to coaching well. He seems like a less talented version of LaVar Arrington to me.
That was somewhat a fact last year. They said he didn't put enough time in film and he wasn't activated the later part of the season. Ahmad, coaches and fellow players have come out and said this year that he wasn't commited enough last year and that he has changed this year. He is calling the plays, knows where he's supposed to be and watched a ton of film. Here's a good quote to give evidence to the sort of change and why I think he'll bust out big this year:

Quote:
His lack of attentiveness in the classroom irked the defensive coaches and his less than committed approach to special teams took him off position coach Darrin Simmons depth chart. All that combined to bench him late last season, but that changed when Brooks sat down with defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan upon his return this past March in the wake of the release of veteran linebacker Brian Simmons.

I have to add that extra time that Carson (Palmer) and pretty much all of our leaders on this team (are) doing and showing my teammates thats what Im about, Brooks said earlier this week. Ive got my head on straight. I see what the NFL is all about."

I want to show them Im a leader, that Im willing to do whatever it takes to step in Brians shoes and be a leader and take control of the defense, Brooks said. Ive got to know what Im doing on my assignments so that I can play fast.
Coaches rode him hard last year and apparently he's pleasing them thus far this offseason. Ok, that ends my homer rant.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, i dont think he's a LESS talented LaVar Arrington.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
That was somewhat a fact last year. They said he didn't put enough time in film and he wasn't activated the later part of the season. Ahmad, coaches and fellow players have come out and said this year that he wasn't commited enough last year and that he has changed this year. He is calling the plays, knows where he's supposed to be and watched a ton of film. Here's a good quote to give evidence to the sort of change and why I think he'll bust out big this year:

Coaches rode him hard last year and apparently he's pleasing them thus far this offseason. Ok, that ends my homer rant.

i think ahmad is hella good. he might help that d become somethin good pretty soon. could be the guy they build around
Old 06-29-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post

Vernon... not AJ
50 bucks says Vernon probably broke the tackle.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go out on a limb and say Ray Edwards.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
also, i dont think he's a LESS talented LaVar Arrington.
Arrington was drafted #2 overall. He was what Ahmad Brooks was supposed to be coming out of college.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis..

I'll go out on a limb and say Vince Young. Why? Because I can!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Brandon marshall could be huge this year
Demetrius Williams wll be given his chances
Bernard Pollard will step up as a starter

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Antonio Cromartie beats out Drayton Florence. Florence is a great corner but has hands of stooooooone. It's comical. He had like 9 easy dropped balls on the season. He honestly had 4 bounce off his hands in the home game against Denver alone, and they all made it onto NFL replay.

Of the 3 he actually got his hands on, 2 were on 4th down when the game was pretty much over. Obviously the secondary coaches in SD are not up on the "4th down, knock it down" mantra. See McCree, Marlon.

Since Flo won't be back for 2008, I say you might as well give Cromartie a shot and let him develop.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
With a year of adjustment under his belt, this is the year Reggie sets the league on fire. No homer.
Agreed, sir.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote