Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-24-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
NoLa Saints

I've been able to watch the guy a lot this and last year playing sec teams and i'm very impressed with his talent. From what i've heard watching his games he runs a sub 4.4 and can both run and catch the ball. The only problem i can see from him is he may be a little tall. What I want to know as a prospect where would he be if he could come out this year and where he is projected for when he comes out next year.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink

He is my favorite RB right now, but i only have in the top 15 right now. He is probably top 10 but i doubt top 5 at this point.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

He's the top sophomore running back....one of my favorite players right now. If he has a junior year that's anything like this year then i see him going top 5. He's definitely a top 5 talent.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:46 PM    (permalink
HookEm

He could be a top 5 pick next year....but theres an excellent RB class next year with Davis, Slaton, McFadden, Charles..etc. So it could be like when Ronnie Brow, Cadillac, and Benson all got drafted in the top 5.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:53 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Slaton and Charles are too skinny right now. McFadden looks alot bigger, and he's still real fast. Not to mention he's tearing up the best conference in the NCAA, and has great versatility. I'm gonna say top 5, potentially number 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda a topic for the draft section but yeah McFadden to me is 10x better than Reggie Bush, not only does he have the bush open field moves but he has power and is a good 15-25 pounds heavier and a couple inches taller. He is the real deal, I like him more than Ronnie Brown or Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Kinda a topic for the draft section but yeah McFadden to me is 10x better than Reggie Bush, not only does he have the bush open field moves but he has power and is a good 15-25 pounds heavier and a couple inches taller. He is the real deal, I like him more than Ronnie Brown or Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson.
A player that isn't eligible for the draft doesn't belong in the draft section.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't like him as much as AP, and I haven't seen enough of him to officially say I like him more than Reggie and Ronnie, but from what I've seen, I do. He doesn't seem to break as many tackles as AP from what I've seen. He is a better receiver though IMO. Although the run I just saw from the QB position was very impressive, powerful.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Future #1 pick, if a team doesnt take him like what happened to Reggie, it should be more of a catastrophe.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:37 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
I don't like him as much as AP, and I haven't seen enough of him to officially say I like him more than Reggie and Ronnie, but from what I've seen, I do. He doesn't seem to break as many tackles as AP from what I've seen. He is a better receiver though IMO. Although the run I just saw from the QB position was very impressive, powerful.
McFadden is better than Peterson.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see no reason why McFadden is better than Peterson.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-24-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Just as big, faster, isn't as big an injury concern, and plays against better competition. McFadden has destroyed SEC defenses for two straight years, tonight he has torched LSU's defense which is something like Top 2 in the entire country.
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Adrian Peterson is the best player in the NCAA IMO. McFadden's almost as good though. I don't get many Arkansas games in Ottawa, but I get this one. He looks real impressive, but not on Adrian's level. It's close, but Adrian takes it. Darren seems to be powerful in that he falls forward and oneguy has trouble taking him down in traffic, but Adrian just breaks a lot of tackles and turns them into huge hugeruns. Keep in mind this is from limited observation though, so I might be a little off.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Merch
Rookie

Merch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd say top 5, depending on the needs of the top 5 teams next year of course. From the games I've seen he has been a very powerful runner, he has the moves and he has the speed. I like the combo they've got with McFadden and Felix Jones, arguably the best tandem in the country.

Thanks to FoosballIsTheDevil for the sig
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:13 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour
Quote:
Just as big, faster, isn't as big an injury concern, and plays against better competition. McFadden has destroyed SEC defenses for two straight years, tonight he has torched LSU's defense which is something like Top 2 in the entire country.
He's actually a little smaller than Peterson but he is strong and his burst is amazing.

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is kinda the hybrid mix of Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson, he's still young so I'm not gonna go into all the Eric Dickerson comparisons and what not but no doubt he is the most gifted RB in college football. Heck he should be the QB cause Casey D can't pass.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't rate him alongside Adrian Peterson but he is pretty close. I would say McFadden and Jonathon Stewart are the top two sophmore NFL draft prospects.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:25 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He is kinda the hybrid mix of Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson, he's still young so I'm not gonna go into all the Eric Dickerson comparisons and what not but no doubt he is the most gifted RB in college football. Heck he should be the QB cause Casey D can't pass.
if they lose the SEC championship i look for Mitch to be back at QB for the bowl game. With McFadden and Felix Jones all the QB has to do is manage the game and maybe chuck one up to Monk who's 6'6" when u need a big play.

As for McFadden hiis size is great as is his speed. He is powerful but not exactly AP there. He peobably would shed a few more tacklers and i would much more confident about his ability to stay healthy (not that he's an injury concern) if he could get lower. With skills like he has size is not an issue, he is not to big but he runs higher than many other top backs so he will take more hits and at the NFL he won't have the longevity of other backs in this class. I see him as easy top 5 with his current running style if he can run lower he will be the concensus #1.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I've never seen someone run with as much power as Peterson. His explosion is un-human. McFadden is amazing and the best sophmore in the country, but Peterson is the best player in the country period. McFadden has great explosion and great speed, and Peterson's is just as good. Not taking anything away from McFadden, he is amazing, but Peterson is just the best.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-24-2006, 05:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I've never seen someone run with as much power as Peterson. His explosion is un-human. McFadden is amazing and the best sophmore in the country, but Peterson is the best player in the country period. McFadden has great explosion and great speed, and Peterson's is just as good. Not taking anything away from McFadden, he is amazing, but Peterson is just the best.
Eh Peterson has more power but can't touch McFadden's explosion again I'm staying from the Eric Dickerson stuff but when McFadden is in the open field it's over.

Old 11-24-2006, 05:57 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about the guy in your sig?
McFadden will be the best player in the country next year but I agree that Peterson is stronger

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
Old 11-24-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Eh Peterson has more power but can't touch McFadden's explosion again I'm staying from the Eric Dickerson stuff but when McFadden is in the open field it's over.
Really? Can't touch it? Are you sure we are watching the same Adrian Peteson. Do I need to post a highlight reel of AD so you can rethink the question?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-24-2006, 06:04 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Have you seen Peterson run, McFadden is only a tad bit more explosive than Peterson

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
Old 11-24-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

McFadden is my favorite back in the nation, NFL included, but AP is better, Right now. AP runs so hard and he is probably a better blocker. McFadden will likely be drafted in the top10 nexy year if not top5 depending on team needs. He will be my number 1 ranked player eligible for the draft next year if CJ and AP declare.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 06:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pAc
Quote:
What about the guy in your sig?
McFadden will be the best player in the country next year but I agree that Peterson is stronger
As a college player Peterson is better.

<njx9> <3 dg