Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Ok, I like the 9'ers, but they aren't nearly as close to winning another Superbowl as many people might think.

After their team pulls off a mediocre year, we all of a sudden have like 20 some 9'er fans. You'd think a team would need a *good* year to acquire a crapload of bandwagon fans.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Ok, I like the 9'ers, but they aren't nearly as close to winning another Superbowl as many people might think.

After their team pulls off a mediocre year, we all of a sudden have like 20 some 9'er fans. You'd think a team would need a *good* year to acquire a crapload of bandwagon fans.

Why would you call bandwagon fans for a team that went only 7-9?

Hey buddy I have been a fan since I was about 5 years old, I am 30 now so I have earned my stripes with a shinny quarter. Also, I don't think the Niners are going to win the superbowl this year, or even next year. I think my team is on the rise and I am optimistic, like any fan should be. This post is about a race I see with a tie holding three teams ahead of the rest of the NFL. Out of these three teams I think the Niners have a chance to be the first to six. If you don't think so, whatever... Who is your team, and you think they will get six before any of these three?

..no
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
Why would you call bandwagon fans for a team that went only 7-9?

Hey buddy I have been a fan since I was about 5 years old, I am 30 now so I have earned my stripes with a shinny quarter. Also, I don't think the Niners are going to win the superbowl this year, or even next year. I think my team is on the rise and I am optimistic, like any fan should be. This post is about a race I see with a tie holding three teams ahead of the rest of the NFL. Out of these three teams I think the Niners have a chance to be the first to six. If you don't think so, whatever... Who is your team, and you think they will get six before any of these three?

..no

A) I never said *you* were a bandwagon fan, did I?

B) There has been an enormous rise in 9'er posters, and I'm tired of "GORE IS THE BEST!" "WE'VE ALREADY WON THE DIVISION" posts. I don't know why this is. I'd assume that all the 9'er fans that pretended they weren't 9'er fans when the 9'ers sucked are back saying they're 9'er fans. In my mind, those people are bandwagon fans. My bandwagon comment was more of a general post, than a reply to your post.

c) Dallas will win their 6th before anyone else.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ummmmmmm .... Smells like ............. Jealousy.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Ummmmmmm .... Smells like ............. Jealousy.

*shrug*

I have no problem with people like you, who have always been around and an admitted 9'er fan. I just think it's weird that now that the 9'ers are decent there's so damn many more of you.

As I said before, my bandwagon comment wasn't to this thread in particular, just the sudden large amount of people who think the 9'ers are a guaranteed lock for the playoffs, and that Frank Gore is the best runningback in the NFL.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
*shrug*

I have no problem with people like you, who have always been around and an admitted 9'er fan. I just think it's weird that now that the 9'ers are decent there's so damn many more of you.

As I said before, my bandwagon comment wasn't to this thread in particular, just the sudden large amount of people who think the 9'ers are a guaranteed lock for the playoffs, and that Frank Gore is the best runningback in the NFL.

To be honest I think the only reason there are so many more Niner fans is because of the increased popularity of the draft. The Niners havent been doing so well, so they have had good draft picks. Maybe fans have become more intrested in the draft and were directed in the direction of this draft orentated site. I do know that the main message board I use is 49erswebzone and I have thrown a link to these forums numerous times. And really now, there arnt thousands of NFL teams, you will see post about every team if you are looking for them.

About Frank Gore... He isnt the best, but he is a beast and easliy top 5.
Also, NO TEAM is a lock for the playoffs. So whoever says that about any team is full of BS.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
To be honest I think the only reason there are so many more Niner fans is because of the increased popularity of the draft. The Niners havent been doing so well, so they have had good draft picks.

That argument makes no sense. Last year they had a great pick, this year they had a mediocre pick.

And, the site is growing, but the growth rate of new 9'er fans is a bit odd.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Steelers aren't as far away from the Super Bowl as people here make it seem. I would give the best chance to the Steelers or Cowboys.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And, the site is growing, but the growth rate of new 9'er fans is a bit odd.
I definitely think 49er fans talking Super Bowl this year is WAY premature. We're not there yet. There is a lot of potential, but just contending for a playoff spot is about right for this season.

I think the spike in 49er fans showing their e-faces is centered on the fact that for the past 2 years, there hasn't been any reason for them to stand up and be heard. Any 49er fan talking even about making the playoffs would be met with laughs from fans of just about any team. The progress made by Nolan/McCloughan in restocking the team with talent along with last season's surprises has given the fans a lot of optimism. That, along with the media jocking the SF offseason, has lead to the filling of the bandwagon rather quickly.

But yes, 49ers are not SB quality ... yet.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

True, not yet.

The Cowboys and the Steelers arnt there yet either.... The point of the post is to dig into who is going in the right direction towards that goal.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

what makes you think the 49ers are better off in coming years than the Cowboys? Have you looked at the youth on the Cowboys?

Also the Cowboys are a contender this year, I would say that is a pretty good start.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post

Old 06-25-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

lol @ above post.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post

As much as I hate the Eagles, he got you there LOL.

Still...

0 SB wins > No playoff win in 10 years

^^
In terms of suckiness.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
I think the spike in 49er fans showing their e-faces is centered on the fact that for the past 2 years, there hasn't been any reason for them to stand up and be heard. Any 49er fan talking even about making the playoffs would be met with laughs from fans of just about any team. The progress made by Nolan/McCloughan in restocking the team with talent along with last season's surprises has given the fans a lot of optimism. That, along with the media jocking the SF offseason, has lead to the filling of the bandwagon rather quickly.

That was pretty much all I was saying... there's a lot of bandwagon fans lately. I hate bandwagon fans in general, regardless of the team they like.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's obviously either Dallas or San Fran, depending on...

Alex Smith.
Tony Romo.

Getting 6 turnovers against the AFC in the Superbowl.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bet our 0 weighs just as much as your 0.
it's a sad feeling though isn't it?

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is moot since the NFC isn't beating the AFC anytime soon.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
This thread is moot since the NFC isn't beating the AFC anytime soon.
yes, it is impossible for a team to win one game. There has never been an underdog win a sports event.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
yes, it is impossible for a team to win one game. There has never been an underdog win a sports event.
Wow your sarcasm is stunning!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
The Steelers aren't as far away from the Super Bowl as people here make it seem. I would give the best chance to the Steelers or Cowboys.
You're right, they're farther. I've got 2 words that will always haunt Big Ben: Bart Scott.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sorry I was a bit distracted by the glistening of these things.

We have a few more elsewhere.;)
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

NFC can win a superbowl, just takes one turnover.

BigDog

Sorry to go off topic... but
I think the guy in your sig just killed his wife and young son, then took his own life... I dont think he will rest in peace if thats the case.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
NFC can win a superbowl, just takes one turnover.

BigDog

Sorry to go off topic... but
I think the guy in your sig just killed his wife and young son, then took his own life... I dont think he will rest in peace if thats the case.
Yeah the Bears got turnovers and wait..........turned it over themselves. As for your speculation about my sig, the facts aren't in so keep that in mind.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: