Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my fav actor=Omar Epps and Will Smith

Smith has solidified himself as one of the best actors of all time....there isnt a role he cant play

just imagine if he wouldnt have turnded down the Matrix for Wild Wild West

lol can any of u imagine Will Smith as Neo? Too bad he turned down the role

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Guys like Damon, Wahlberg, and Norton are already Hollywood's elite and have been for quite awhile.
Well, they are great but, I see them as the next younger tier behind say...Brad Pitt, George Clooney...they really already have started to take over...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -black View Post
my fav actor=Omar Epps and Will Smith

Smith has solidified himself as one of the best actors of all time....there isnt a role he cant play

just imagine if he wouldnt have turnded down the Matrix for Wild Wild West

Will Smith as one of the greatest actors of all-time? He's good, but I don't even think he's close to that.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He's one of best out there now...one of the new tier...Matt Damon, Mark Walhberg, and Edward Norton are three that are going to be ruling beside him as the new kings of cinema for the next 15 or so years.
Wahlberg is going to retire when he's forty. He's like 37 now.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, that would have been pretty badass. I can see Smith as Neo as well. would have been different though...but maybe the movies wouldn't have fizzled out in the end.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Well, they are great but, I see them as the next younger tier behind say...Brad Pitt, George Clooney...they really already have started to take over...
Oh, I see what you're saying. I was just making the point that they're not really "on the rise" because they're already on the same level as Pitt, Clooney, etc.
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Wahlberg is going to retire when he's forty. He's like 37 now.
Why is he gonna retire...? he's got a bunch a big roles coming up. His acting career has really started to take off since the Departed...he's a hot commodity.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only actor I really give a damn about is Christian Bale. I've loved everything he's done.
Otherwise, I don't pay attention to who is in a movie.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-27-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Will Smith as one of the greatest actors of all-time? He's good, but I don't even think he's close to that.
he's played everything from comedy, to drama, to action. There is NOT a role he cant play. Has box office records and oscars

why is he not close?

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Nowadays if Dicaprio, Hounsou, or Crowe are in a movie...I know it will be good. Also, Denzel of course.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he's played everything from comedy, to drama, to action. There is NOT a role he cant play. Has box office records and oscars

why is he not close?
kno what, he might not have an oscar but u get my point......right? lol

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-27-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Actually, that would have been pretty badass. I can see Smith as Neo as well. would have been different though...but maybe the movies wouldn't have fizzled out in the end.
then i guess maybe Picket could have played Trinity......

dag that would have been alot of black people...Neo, Morpheus, Picket, the two twins, and the guy with the dreads

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-27-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:

why is he not close?
Other than Ali and The Pursuit of Happyness what has he done that was memorable? His roles generally don't require a ton of "acting" (see Bad Boys, Men in Black, Wild Wild West, Hitch, I Robot, Enemy of the State, etc.)
Old 06-27-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'd give him Independence day in addition to those two...just cause, that movie was epic at the time. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why is he gonna retire...? he's got a bunch a big roles coming up. His acting career has really started to take off since the Departed...he's a hot commodity.
I think that's what he said. I'll try to find a link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wahlberg

Quote:
He has said in a number of interviews that he will retire at the age of 40 to concentrate on parenthood and professional golf.[16] However, in early 2007 he indicated that this was no longer the plan as "[his] golf game is horrible".[
Funny what time, and money, will do.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Pursuit of Happiness alone should mention him as one of the best the past 2 decades

why would you exclude two of his best roles?

his diversity is what makes him great....each role he plays he adds a special element...making the movies memorable

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-27-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Damn, he'd be crazy... People are jumping at the chance to get him now a days...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Pursuit of Happiness alone should mention him as one of the best the past 2 decades

why would you exclude two of his best roles?

his diversity is what makes him great....each role he plays he adds a special element...making the movies memorable
Pursuit of Happyness was good but I think his performance in Ali was better. One movie doesn't make an actor, especially a movie like Pursuit of Happyness. He has two movies which have showcased his talents. There are actors that have acted more than Will Smith has in his entire career in one movie. You could make the argument that a young star like Jamie Foxx has a more impressive career.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
then i guess maybe Picket could have played Trinity......

dag that would have been alot of black people...Neo, Morpheus, Picket, the two twins, and the guy with the dreads
Hah. That would be ironic lol. The Matrix is basically a collection of ideas that have been around for ages in cyberpunk stories...which are mostly about pasty, geeky white kids like me lol.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-27-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wahlberg

Funny what time, and money, will do.
haha...yeah, after the Departed everyone came a calling...not surprised he changed his mind.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nowadays if Dicaprio, Hounsou, or Crowe are in a movie...I know it will be good. Also, Denzel of course.
You know it. Denzel baby!
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pursuit of Happyness was good but I think his performance in Ali was better. One movie doesn't make an actor, especially a movie like Pursuit of Happyness. He has two movies which have showcased his talents. There are actors that have acted more than Will Smith has in his entire career in one movie. You could make the argument that a young star like Jamie Foxx has a more impressive career.
are you saying that a comedy or action movie is not "acting'.....but only Drama's?

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-27-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
You know it. Denzel baby!
Yes siiiiiiiiiiiirrrr.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-27-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
are you saying that a comedy or action movie is not "acting'.....but only Drama's?
No, look at John Belushi who was herladed as a great actor and he was a comedic actor. There is a big difference between acting in Bad Boys (a movie fueled by action, special effects, and a fast-moving storyline) and acting in Ray (a movie fueled by a great story, characters, and acting). Smith is a good actor, don't get me wrong. However, listing him as one of the greatest of all-time is laughable in my opinion. Another knock I have on him is that he only ever plays the protagonist.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000226/

Will's next three roles are pretty interesting ones...

I Am Legend: Robert Neville is the last man alive. He busies himself with preparing for a nightly attack from the rest of the world - all of which have transformed into blood-thirsty vampires. (Action/Drama/Sci-Fi)

John Hancock: A hard-living superhero (Smith) who has fallen out of favor with the public enters into a questionable relationship with the wife (Theron) of the public relations professional (Bateman) who's trying to repair his image. (Action/Drama)

Time Share: When two families are booked for the same time share, both fathers (Cage and Smith) square off against one another. (comedy)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS