Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Picks your team traded away that turned out to be great

Who elses team has traded away draft picks, that were used to draft players who have become very good or great players.

I can't remember the year, but the panthers traded away two picks that were used on Randy Moss and Champ Bailey.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the picks the Saints traded away to get Ricky Williams.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
that was crazy
Old 06-26-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our trade down for that bloody Rashaun Woods..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We traded what would be Fred Taylor for Rob Johnson
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Did you have to? I mean.. really? Dick. :(
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

every Mike Sherman draft pretty much sums it up. Traded up to draft a punter in the 3rd round.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons made a good trade back when, and we got a guy named Favre. Ever heard of him?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

I wonder what Giants fans are going to say...
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
every Mike Sherman draft pretty much sums it up. Traded up to draft a punter in the 3rd round.
You left out that he is no longer with the team.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:08 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
The Falcons made a good trade back when, and we got a guy named Favre. Ever heard of him?
The funny part is that the Falcons probably thought they were pulling off a heist by trading a 2nd round QB flop with injury and character concerns for a mid 1st rounder. And who was it that the Falcons ended up selecting with that premium pick? None other than Favre's former Southern Miss teammate- RB Tony Smith.

Perfect example of the disparity in parity between the actual playing field and the front offices of various NFL teams. Ron Wolf knew he had a checkmate before the Falcons even pulled their Queen out of the box. At the time though, it appeared as though he was making a bad decision. Something to always keep in mind when we evaluate some of these seemingly crazy moves teams make nowadays.

I think Vikings fans might have a little something to say on this subject as well......
Old 06-26-2007, 04:53 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

When the Chiefs traded down to #27 in the 2003 draft the Steelers took Troy Polamalu with the Chiefs' original pick in the 1st round.

However, we got Larry Johnson with the #27 pick so I am more than happy with him.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:58 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
The funny part is that the Falcons probably thought they were pulling off a heist by trading a 2nd round QB flop with injury and character concerns for a mid 1st rounder. And who was it that the Falcons ended up selecting with that premium pick? None other than Favre's former Southern Miss teammate- RB Tony Smith.

Perfect example of the disparity in parity between the actual playing field and the front offices of various NFL teams. Ron Wolf knew he had a checkmate before the Falcons even pulled their Queen out of the box. At the time though, it appeared as though he was making a bad decision. Something to always keep in mind when we evaluate some of these seemingly crazy moves teams make nowadays.

I think Vikings fans might have a little something to say on this subject as well......

If he stayed in Atlanta, I dont think he could have succeeded. The environment wasnt right for him.

So we had this 5th overall pick in some 2001 draft. We traded it away luckily. Had we kept it, we woulda gotten some dud called Ladainian Tomlinson.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
If he stayed in Atlanta, I dont think he could have succeeded. The environment wasnt right for him.

So we had this 5th overall pick in some 2001 draft. We traded it away luckily. Had we kept it, we woulda gotten some dud called Ladainian Tomlinson.
Man that would have sucked if you woulda got that guy. He's pretty bad. Ahhhh the Eagles...Studs like Jerome McDougle come to mind, as well as Kevin Kolb (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) Instead of McDougle, the following players were available: Troy Polamalu, Larry Johnson, Willis McGahee, Nnamdi Asomugha among others. Mike Mamula is another that comes to mind. I'm sure there's plenty more but I'm drawing blanks right now.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the horrible move the Cowboys made for Joey Galloway, the Seahawks ended up with Shaun Alexander and Koren Robinson. Luckily, Robinson had only one very good year (his 2nd) and then a ton of issues.
But while Alexander became a very good RB, the Cowboys had to start Troy Hambrick as their replacement for Emmitt.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

To the naked eye, it may seem as though the Giants made a mistake in trading picks away for Eli Manning. But, since he will be a Hall of Famer / World Icon, it'll all be worth it in the end. :)
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post

Favre was a flop in Atlanta? He only played there his rookie season and attempted a whopping 4 passes. I would not call that a flop.

Atlanta also had Chris Miller then and he was descent before getting all the concussions.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I wonder what Giants fans are going to say...

Don't remind us about that infamous day where we traded a QB who turns out to be about on the same level as the one we traded for, plus we gave up the pick that produced Shawn Merriman. Plus San Diego got a good kicker with the other draft pick we gave them.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:47 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Don't remind us about that infamous day where we traded a QB who turns out to be about on the same level as the one we traded for, plus we gave up the pick that produced Shawn Merriman. Plus San Diego got a good kicker with the other draft pick we gave them.
You're a pessimist.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:53 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
You're a pessimist.
I'm a realist.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
I'm a realist.
Oh and i'm not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
To the naked eye, it may seem as though the Giants made a mistake in trading picks away for Eli Manning. But, since he will be a Hall of Famer / World Icon, it'll all be worth it in the end. :)
Old 06-26-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs trading up with Dallas to take Ryan Sims then Dallas taking Roy Williams is pretty bad.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Vikings have to regret what the Cowboys did to them with that Herschel Walker trade. The deal:

Minnesota Vikings
  • RB Herschel Walker
  • Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54)
  • San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116)
  • Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249)
  • Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68)
Dallas Cowboys
  • LB Jesse Solomon
  • LB David Howard
  • CB Isaac Holt
  • RB Darrin Nelson
  • DE Alex Stewart
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (21)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47)
  • Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158)
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38)
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (40)
  • Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71)
Those picks ended up becoming Emmit Smith, Russel Maryland, and Darren Woodson, plus a number of role players who helped vault the Cowboys into a dynasty.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think the Vikings have to regret what the Cowboys did to them with that Herschel Walker trade. The deal:

Minnesota Vikings
  • RB Herschel Walker
  • Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54)
  • San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116)
  • Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249)
  • Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68)
Dallas Cowboys
  • LB Jesse Solomon
  • LB David Howard
  • CB Isaac Holt
  • RB Darrin Nelson
  • DE Alex Stewart
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (21)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47)
  • Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158)
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38)
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (40)
  • Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71)
Those picks ended up becoming Emmit Smith, Russel Maryland, and Darren Woodson, plus a number of role players who helped vault the Cowboys into a dynasty.
There were never be another trade like that ever some Chiefs fans thought we could get a deal like that for LJ I say **** to those fans you make the rest of us look bad.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers traded up with the Cheifs which gave them Larry Johnson. But at the same time we got Polamalu who has been great for us aswell so I'm not complaining.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote