Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
There were never be another trade like that ever some Chiefs fans thought we could get a deal like that for LJ I say **** to those fans you make the rest of us look bad.
Well, with the salary cap as it is, draft picks have become so valuable that it would just never happen. I think LJ could be moved for 2 1st rounders and a conditional future 2nd. That would be a huge, huge deal.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Steelers traded up with the Cheifs which gave them Larry Johnson. But at the same time we got Polamalu who has been great for us aswell so I'm not complaining.

Larry Johnson would have been a terrible pick for the Steelers back then. They didn't need a RB. You got a top 3 safety instead. Both teams got what they needed.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Well, with the salary cap as it is, draft picks have become so valuable that it would just never happen. I think LJ could be moved for 2 1st rounders and a conditional future 2nd. That would be a huge, huge deal.
I don't think we could get two first round picks and I'm a huge LJ and Chiefs fan not at his age 27 and the huge huge money he wants giving up that many picks and that kinda money is to much for one player.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KC won't get more than 2 1st day picks at this point.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
I'm a realist.
Not if you think Eli and Rivers are on "the same level."

Shouldn't feel as bad as Falcons fans though: they got a dogfight ringleader instead of the greatest RB in the game, and possibly of all time.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Larry Johnson would have been a terrible pick for the Steelers back then. They didn't need a RB. You got a top 3 safety instead. Both teams got what they needed.

O I know. But this thread is about great players you missed and well the best I could think of was Larry Johnson.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
All the picks the Saints traded away to get Ricky Williams.
The skinz never got anyone good. They still were horrible so that wouldn't count.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Dennis Erickson and Terry Donahue (sp?) had a gem of a first round in 2004.

Traded pick 16 to the Eagles - Shawn Andrews OG

Traded Pick 28 to the Panthers - Chris Gamble CB

Used Pick 31 on - Rashaun Woods....oye
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta Falcons looking like they have a good future so they trade a future first round pick for a current 2nd round pick. They are horrible the next year and end up with the 5th worst record. The pick turned into 2,000 yard back Jamal Lewis.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Dennis Erickson and Terry Donahue (sp?) had a gem of a first round in 2004.

Traded pick 16 to the Eagles - Shawn Andrews OG

Traded Pick 28 to the Panthers - Chris Gamble CB

Used Pick 31 on - Rashaun Woods....oye
Yikes.. No wonder they fell into the Football abyss for a little while.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't really blame them, Woods was predicted to go in the range of their first pick. I love his scouting report.

Quote:
Few, if any flaws in his game.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will admit I loved Rashaun Woods coming out. Fortunately I wasn't alone, a lot of people got that one wrong.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I will admit I loved Rashaun Woods coming out. Fortunately I wasn't alone, a lot of people got that one wrong.
Yep, I was a big fan of his as well.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

I'm pretty sure the 49ers also gave up the pick eventually used to select Ray Lewis when they traded up to grab J.J. Stokes. Long story short, not a great recent history for the Niners making trades for WR in the first round.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Favre was a flop in Atlanta? He only played there his rookie season and attempted a whopping 4 passes. I would not call that a flop.

Atlanta also had Chris Miller then and he was descent before getting all the concussions.
You think I don't know that? If you'd actually comprehended what I wrote, you'd understand that I was making fun of what the Falcons likely thought about the trade at the time. I didn't say he was a flop. I said the Falcons likely thought they were washing their hands of an injury prone QB with character concerns. The fact that they traded him after just one season shows what they thought of his chances to be a solid QB in the NFL. From what I've read, Glanville is mostly to blame. Sounds like he rejected Favre from day one.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Not if you think Eli and Rivers are on "the same level."

Shouldn't feel as bad as Falcons fans though: they got a dogfight ringleader instead of the greatest RB in the game, and possibly of all time.
You are just pissed you dont have a dogfight ringleader.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it wasnt much of a trade but i think we chose troy edwards instead of (and dont quote me on this) chad pennington

every steeler was mad at that one
Old 06-26-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Ravens traded into first to get Boller and missed out on Wilfork the next year

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
You overestimate the football acumen of Dan Reeves. He said in a radio interview that he was never going to take LaDainian Tomlinson. Had the Falcons not traded for Michael Vick, hello Kenyatta Walker! Even the most staunch Vick critic has to admit that he is a better player than Walker is.

Compounding the problem, when the Falcons really did need a RB Reeves took TJ Duckett over Ed Reed!

Old 06-26-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Compounding the problem, when the Falcons really did need a RB Reeves took TJ Duckett over Ed Reed!
BPA always beats out needs to moi.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I liked Dan Reeves as a coach, but his drafts were usually lousy. '99 had two solid players. The only one I liked was '01, because the three best offensive starters are Michael Vick, Alge Crumpler and Kynan Forney.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoobie View Post
Ravens traded into first to get Boller and missed out on Wilfork the next year
yeah that pissed me off big time.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
To the naked eye, it may seem as though the Giants made a mistake in trading picks away for Eli Manning. But, since he will be a Hall of Famer / World Icon, it'll all be worth it in the end. :)
Sorry, I'll the take the quarterback, linebacker, and kicker who have made the Pro Bowl over the overhyped quarterback because of his gene pool.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Sorry, I'll the take the quarterback, linebacker, and kicker who have made the Pro Bowl over the overhyped quarterback because of his gene pool.
Haven't all 3 Chargers made it to a Pro Bowl already?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if you think eli manning is on philip rivers level your kidding yourself. rivers will be looked at as the best QB of the 3 that year. and honestly...you would be dumb to trade the 3 probowlers for PEYTON, none the less that families sloppy seconds.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote