Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingdonnie View Post
What really troubles me about this post is how Troy Smith questions the Commish, if he doesn't think this hard-ass disciplinary stance is a "good thing" for the league, that makes me greatly question his character. The Commissioner has done only good things since coming in, and taking a tough stance on low-life punks is a very good thing, not to think of it as that obviously points to character issues.
Did you read what Smith asked? He didn't say anything about the disciplinary actions, just about Goddell not talking about the positive things going on in the NFL right now and just the negatives, nothing to do with people getting suspended and such.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Troy Smith is going to be the Danny Weuffel of this decade.
So? No one is saying that Troy Smith is on the path to greatness, people are thinking that he might have a chance in Baltimore. I don't see how this is relevant, but no one is saying that Troy Smith will be the next great QB like Michael Vick.

;)

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might be a fifth rounder, but it's not like a rookie can come into the league more accomplished than having a Heisman in their closet.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it was a good thing for Troy, it showed leadership ability. His follow-up question was priceless and I'm sure that will gain him some respect for sticking to his guns at least.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he should be concentrating more on making an NFL roster then calling out the commish. I think the may be better suited for a career in investigative journalism then a that of an NFL QB.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I think he should be concentrating more on making an NFL roster then calling out the commish. I think the may be better suited for a career in investigative journalism then a that of an NFL QB.
He will make the Ravens.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe some of you actually think Troy is in the wrong on this one. If the commish is going to publicly represent the league as much as he has chosen to do thus far, then he might think about some positive reinforcement. Goodell is acting right now like the league has a discipline problem. It doesn't. Instead, it has a few dozen knuckleheads ruining it for over a thousand other guys and Goodell hasn't done much to highlight that. The NFL and it's players do so much for charities it's ridiculous to think that these criminals in any significant way represent the league. Consider New Orleans exhibit "A".
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Small update, apparently not only Troy Smith had questions, Garrett Wolfe did too. Although to be fair, Wolfe's was completely puerile.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Small update, apparently not only Troy Smith had questions, Garrett Wolfe did too. Although to be fair, Wolfe's was completely puerile.
Yeah, that was a pretty immature question to ask the commissioner.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Troy already has turned, he had problems at the start of his college career but he really turned it around being a model citizen last year, and he has great maturity, and poise. At worst a reliable backup with possibility for more. His pick was straight robbery, you can't teach winning, mobility, and heart. Smith has it all, I hate OSU but was happy when he won Heisman.
But but but but....don't you know he's only 6 feet tall???????? I mean, come on, you can't be a good QB unless you're 6'5. ;)

On a more serious note, I couldn't have said it any better. I hate Ohio State with a passion, but I must admit, it's a damn good story from the way he started his career to the way he turned it around and won the Heisman. I'm stunned he fell to the fifth round and I think when it's all said and done, the guy will be the steal of the draft.

*Realizes what he just typed* I will now wander into oncoming traffic.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Who cares what the last pick in the 5th round who hasn't played one snap in the NFL says.
maybe this is why u have negative rep
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
Expect a suspension in his near future.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I can't believe some of you actually think Troy is in the wrong on this one. If the commish is going to publicly represent the league as much as he has chosen to do thus far, then he might think about some positive reinforcement. Goodell is acting right now like the league has a discipline problem. It doesn't. Instead, it has a few dozen knuckleheads ruining it for over a thousand other guys and Goodell hasn't done much to highlight that. The NFL and it's players do so much for charities it's ridiculous to think that these criminals in any significant way represent the league. Consider New Orleans exhibit "A".
Unfortunately, the bad things those few dozen have done have severely outweighed the the good things that the thousands have done when is comes to media and public perception. When Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, Michael Vick, and Chris Henry do something wrong, it's usually one of the top stories on ESPN. When NFL players donated money to the Katrina relief fund, we might have gotten a 30 second mention in the final minute on Sports Center. And when the sports networks finally show the "good stories," it's usually only a few times a year. You are right, the NFL doesn't have the discipline problem that one would think by looking at all of Goodell's suspensions. However, the media makes it seem like it does to the general public and the "casual" NFL fans.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Unfortunately, the bad things those few dozen have done have severely outweighed the the good things that the thousands have done when is comes to media and public perception. When Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, Michael Vick, and Chris Henry do something wrong, it's usually one of the top stories on ESPN. When NFL players donated money to the Katrina relief fund, we might have gotten a 30 second mention in the final minute on Sports Center. And when the sports networks finally show the "good stories," it's usually only a few times a year. You are right, the NFL doesn't have the discipline problem that one would think by looking at all of Goodell's suspensions. However, the media makes it seem like it does to the general public and the "casual" NFL fans.
Thus is the nature of the media. Why would Goodell feed into that, which he has done so far? I realize he is not the head of the NFLPA, he's the NFL Commissioner, but as far as I know he and the players need eachother on each party's side. He would do well to represent the league as if it was not waiting for every little thing the media has to say about it. Currently the NFL seems to be reacting to the media, and ideally it should be the other way around. I see what you're saying, but I hope you see what I (and Troy Smith) are saying.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. Pac Man has his own segment, yet the Men of the Year, Brees and Tomlinson get a rarely played commercial.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Exactly. Pac Man has his own segment, yet the Men of the Year, Brees and Tomlinson get a rarely played commercial.
Every other commercial on NFLN is a united way one.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

troy smith will be a great qb imo

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gotta love the media catering to idiots(eacantdraft, rickybobby, im looking at you.) If you look, every story on the nightly news is bad. Even though the amount of non-bad news far outweighs the bad. But, sensationalism sells, so they will continue to do that.