Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-27-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Les Miles on WWL Radio

Quote:
"I would like nothing better than to play USC for the National Championship this year. Of course they've got a lesser road to hoe than we do. They are going to have some hard fought battles against Oregon and Washington State. Then they have Cal Berkley and Stanford. Those are some juggernauts there. We have to play in the SEC".
Les is the man, calling out the Pac-10 for what they are.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Les is the man, calling out the Pac-10 for what they are.
..Geaux Tigers! But I LOVE USC though..

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 06-27-2007 at 11:21 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
reese

i love it...besides usc..the rest of the pac 10 is mediocre
Old 06-27-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

The Pac 10 is much better than you think. USC could win it all, but theres still UCLA, Oregon, Cal, and Arizona State to deal with.

Arizona looks like they're ready to be good, Washington and Washington State are improving rapidly..the only really bad team is Stanford.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
The Pac 10 is much better than you think. USC could win it all, but theres still UCLA, Oregon, Cal, and Arizona State to deal with.

Arizona looks like they're ready to be good, Washington and Washington State are improving rapidly..the only really bad team is Stanford.
no im pretty sure there mediocre compared with the SEC...they just dont get the type of players the SEC does...
Old 06-27-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

What was the point of that cheap shot? What's he trying to prove? That the SEC is better than the Pac-10? No kidding. That didn't need further mentioning.

He might as well take a shot at the Texas' schedule in the Big 12 (easy as it gets), or Ohio State and their OOC combined with playing in the Big 10.

People knock USC and the Pac-10, but no conference besides the SEC can say they are considerably better top to botom. Plus, USC plays a tough OOC schedule every year.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

The Pac Ten isnt as bad you think.USC and Cal are always the top two teams.USC would crush LSU.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
The Pac Ten isnt as bad you think.USC and Cal are always the top two teams.USC would crush LSU.
the fact that usc would or wouldnt crush lsu has nuthin to do with the rest of the pac 10...they are not a good conference...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

except for the fact that the Pac Ten would have the best team in the country.And while alot of people say the Pac Ten isnt good most of them dont even watch the games.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
reese

heres just a quick run down of last years recruiting just to kinda show what i mean when i say the pac 10 doesnt get the kinda players that the SEC DOES
i didnt count usc and i didnt count florida since those were the 2 best and im not arguing about usc cuz they are the only team that can recruit like an SEC school

5 star recruits that went to either tennessee, lsu, south carolina or auburn...8
4 star recruits that went to either tennseess, lsu, south carolina or auburn..57

5 star that went to CAL arizona oregon and ucla...0
4 star that went to CAL arizona oregon and ucla...27

so like i said outside of usc the pac 10 is just mediocre
Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I don't know if USC would crush LSU. LSU's defense will be scary good.

Honestly though, I think the PAC 10 is probably the second or third best conference in the country. The Big 10 is solid at the top, but I think the PAC 10 is a little deeper.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In other news a guy LSU offered Matt Patchen recently made a comment.

Quote:
“Right now it’s LSU, Miami, Florida State, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss and Notre Dame,” he said. “I like the SEC and ACC because I feel like they are the two best conferences. I wanted to like USC but they play in the Pac-10 and it’s just a weak conference. I mean Cal is good every now and then, but other than that it’s not a strong conference. The Big-10 is just a ridiculously slow conference. They are big but slow and we saw that during the national championship last year.”
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duckseason needs to get in here and spread some knowledge.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patchan is a good kid. I think it's going to be a Miami, Florida, and LSU recruiting battle for him. His dad plays for the 'canes, so maybe that'll steer him the right way :)
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs down

Reese your a tool. Your whole recruiting by conference theory is as bad as it gets.

The SEC is obviously the best conference. But if your gonna call SC out for their schedule then why not Texas? why not OSU?
Les is probably still upset over Joe Mcknight.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
In other news a guy LSU offered Matt Patchen recently made a comment.
um ok... he doesn't want to go to USC because they play in the pac 10? yet one of his choices is Notre Dame? huh?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patchan? psh... we have Matt Kalil & Tyron Smith. He's probably scared of competition. Patrick Johnson on the other hand...
Old 06-27-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Reese your a tool. Your whole recruiting by conference theory is as bad as it gets.

The SEC is obviously the best conference. But if your gonna call SC out for their schedule then why not Texas? why not OSU?
Les is probably still upset over Joe Mcknight.
please explain y its a bad theory....if ur gonna call me out for having a bad theory then at least have a logical explanation on why u think that

and what exactly is a "tool"

Last edited by reese : 06-27-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO while USC is a great, great team, they are in a conference that isn't good. Sure, sometimes Oregon or Cal or UCLA are good, but they're the only consistently good team in that conference. And that isn't to take away from USC at all. If USC was in the Sun Belt, they still might be the best team in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
reese

lol@ all the pac 10 fans neg. repping me
Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
heres just a quick run down of last years recruiting just to kinda show what i mean when i say the pac 10 doesnt get the kinda players that the SEC DOES
i didnt count usc and i didnt count florida since those were the 2 best and im not arguing about usc cuz they are the only team that can recruit like an SEC school

5 star recruits that went to either tennessee, lsu, south carolina or auburn...8
4 star recruits that went to either tennseess, lsu, south carolina or auburn..57

5 star that went to CAL arizona oregon and ucla...0
4 star that went to CAL arizona oregon and ucla...27

so like i said outside of usc the pac 10 is just mediocre
Like all 5 star prospects pan out. SEC is better, but your argument is flawed if you use this as your main tool.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchod View Post
Like all 5 star prospects pan out. SEC is better, but your argument is flawed if you use this as your main tool.
true they dont all pan out...but my point was the SEC brings in much more talent then the pac 10...thats the only thing i was using those numbers for..
Old 06-27-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Recruiting stars are not always accurate,their opinions obviously. Not to mention Rivals is biased to east coast players.

If the Pac 10 is so weak then what does that say about the big 10 or the big 12? The Pac 10 is more competitive top to bottom then both those confrences.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Recruiting stars are not always accurate,their opinions obviously. Not to mention Rivals is biased to east coast players.

If the Pac 10 is so weak then what does that say about the big 10 or the big 12? The Pac 10 is more competitive top to bottom then both those confrences.
i dont think very highly of those conferences either...and the pac 10 is competitve with each other...that doesnt make them a good conference
Old 06-27-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

If the Pac Ten is so bad than why are they able to compete with USC?
Sep 2 - W at Arkansas, 50-14
Sep 9 - Open
Sep 16 - W vs. Nebraska, 28-10
Sep 23 - W at Arizona, 20-3
Sep 30 - W at Washington St, 28-22
Oct 7 - W vs. Washington, 26-20
Oct 14 - W vs. Arizona State, 28-21
Oct 21 - Open
Oct 28 - L at Oregon State, 31-33
Nov 4 - W at Stanford, 42-0
Nov 11 - W vs. Oregon, 35-10
Nov 18 - W vs. California, 23-9
Nov 25 - W vs. Notre Dame, 44-24
Dec 2 - L at U-C-L-A, 9-13
Jan 1 - W at Michigan, 32-18
USC only suffered two losses last year both to Pac Ten teams.

Last edited by doingthisinsteadofwork : 06-27-2007 at 08:11 PM.
doingthisinsteadofwork is offline   Reply With Quote