Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-14-2006, 12:04 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

TIP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Sidney Crosby

I've been a hockey fan all my life, and have played since I was 3. After watching him last night...WOW 1 goal, 5 assists vs. Philadelphia... The most impressive thing was...every goal he was out there, and his passes are so crisp and perfect...it's sick! He's clearly the better player than Ovechkin, but not to discredit him, he is the better scorer, but Crosby can just do it all. Your thoughts Hockey Fans? Who's better?

A little side question...I know it may seem a bit homerish...but could he eventually surpass the Great One, for greatest of all time?

Props to Darnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
TIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Crosby is the better all-around player but Ovetchkin is the better scorer and forechecker at this point. Crosby's stats will never be in the same league as Gretzky due to the changes in the game so I doubt he'll ever be seen as better than Gretzky.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Crosby is the better all-around player but Ovetchkin is the better scorer and forechecker at this point. Crosby's stats will never be in the same league as Gretzky due to the changes in the game so I doubt he'll ever be seen as better than Gretzky.
How is that? The new rules increase scoring and numbers. :?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Sidney Crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
I've been a hockey fan all my life, and have played since I was 3. After watching him last night...WOW 1 goal, 5 assists vs. Philadelphia... The most impressive thing was...every goal he was out there, and his passes are so crisp and perfect...it's sick! He's clearly the better player than Ovechkin, but not to discredit him, he is the better scorer, but Crosby can just do it all. Your thoughts Hockey Fans? Who's better?

A little side question...I know it may seem a bit homerish...but could he eventually surpass the Great One, for greatest of all time?
I think him and the new kid we got this year will be a formidable duo.. As long as the Penguins clean up their Financial issues.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
I'm talking about the difference in eras between when Gretzky played and Crosby played. Crosby will never come close to 200-point season. It's a different game now.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP

I think him and the new kid we got this year will be a formidable duo.. As long as the Penguins clean up their Financial issues.

yea...Evegeni Malkin is a STUD. Reminds me a lot of Lemieux. Good Size, Physical, great scorer. And Jordan Staal (this years 1st rounder) has been outstanding as well. Not to mention Marc-Andre Fleury. In fact...Penguins last 4 rounders, Fleury, Malkin, Crosby, Staal. All are on the team, and are all having great seasons. They have some serious youth talent there.

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 12-14-2006, 12:22 PM    (permalink
danman253

With Pitts cap issues i doubt they can keep all 4 of them. If they do, Stanley cup in '08
Old 12-14-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIP

yea...Evegeni Malkin is a STUD. Reminds me a lot of Lemieux. Good Size, Physical, great scorer. And Jordan Staal (this years 1st rounder) has been outstanding as well. Not to mention Marc-Andre Fleury. In fact...Penguins last 4 rounders, Fleury, Malkin, Crosby, Staal. All are on the team, and are all having great seasons. They have some serious youth talent there.
Now all they have to do is move out of Pittsburgh and into Kitchener-Waterloo. :twisted:
Old 12-14-2006, 12:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm talking about the difference in eras between when Gretzky played and Crosby played. Crosby will never come close to 200-point season. It's a different game now.
It's a more offensive game now. How many points did Crosby have last year, I know he had over 100. But this kid is only going to get better and better each season. He'll break it IMO.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a more offensive game now. How many points did Crosby have last year, I know he had over 100. But this kid is only going to get better and better each season. He'll break it IMO.
Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think the NHL is more offensive now than it was in Gretzky's era you are simply clueless. Gretzky has an unbreakable record unless Crosby is planning on playing 30 seasons at an extremely high level.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. If you think the NHL is more offensive now than it was in Gretzky's era you are simply clueless. Gretzky has an unbreakable record unless Crosby is planning on playing 30 seasons at an extremely high level.
:roll:

Simply clueless huh. Considering the rules were made for the game to be more offensive, and considering goal totals and offense have been up since the lockout, yep I'm clueless. I'm not talking about career, I was talking single season, which was what I thought you were talking about. I doubt he breaks his career record but I think Crosby can get 200 points in a season and break Wayne's.

Quote:
Old 12-14-2006, 01:39 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Simply clueless huh. Considering the rules were made for the game to be more offensive, and considering goal totals and offense have been up since the lockout, yep I'm clueless. I'm not talking about career, I was talking single season, which was what I thought you were talking about. I doubt he breaks his career record but I think Crosby can get 200 points in a season and break Wayne's.
They didn't make the rules to open up the game from what Gretzky played in, they opened it up from the New Jersey trap style of hockey, where there were VERY few goals. The new NHL STILL isn't as wide open as it was in the 80s. No way he makes it to a 200 point season. It just isn't possible in today's league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They didn't make the rules to open up the game from what Gretzky played in, they opened it up from the New Jersey trap style of hockey, where there were VERY few goals. The new NHL STILL isn't as wide open as it was in the 80s. No way he makes it to a 200 point season. It just isn't possible in today's league.
Thank you, somebody who knows what they're talking about. Last year the top scorer had 125 points. Do you think Crosby will somehow magically score 216 points (100 more points than the leading scorer last year, who is a far superior player to Crosby) playing the same style of hockey? It's just not possible. So yes, you are clueless.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby is better than Ovechkin. But Alexander the Great is very good. Crosby will never break any of Gretzky's records, and if he does he won't be accepted as the best player of all-time because of the scoring freindly rules.

Pitsburg will be good with Fluery, Malkin and Crosby but Staal is an average player and won't be anything special
Old 12-14-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TIP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
Crosby is better than Ovechkin. But Alexander the Great is very good. Crosby will never break any of Gretzky's records, and if he does he won't be accepted as the best player of all-time because of the scoring freindly rules.

Pitsburg will be good with Fluery, Malkin and Crosby but Staal is an average player and won't be anything special
your average :evil:

Props to Darnik

Quote:

She was a woman.
^^^^^^
OMFG LMAO
Old 12-14-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fleury, Staal, Crosby, and Malkin is what you get when you get a Top 3 pick for four straight years (although, admittedly, we passed up on Eric Staal in '03 to get Fleury).

And to the poll question, who do you think I'll say?

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:44 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you, somebody who knows what they're talking about. Last year the top scorer had 125 points. Do you think Crosby will somehow magically score 216 points (100 more points than the leading scorer last year, who is a far superior player to Crosby) playing the same style of hockey? It's just not possible. So yes, you are clueless.
A big reason for that has to be the difference in pads for now compared to then. Look at the pads that goalies used to wear back then they really didnt cover much. The league made restrictions to the size of goalies pads a couple years ago, but they are still over sized and goalies still cover much more net than they did back in the 80s. This has to be one of the bigger reasons for amount of scoring then and now.

Jagr and Thorton both had great years last year and they werent close to Gretzky's record. It will not be broken.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
With Pitts cap issues i doubt they can keep all 4 of them. If they do, Stanley cup in '08
A deep, rounded, well-coached team has a million times better chance at a Cup than a team with a handful of superstars (also, I'd say Staal has a while to go anyway). Pittsburgh has to do some pulling together before they can approach the Cup
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poll purposes: Crosby
but somehow that can only be expected from me
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was about the kicker.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:03 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Love both players, but Crosby is the most well-rounded player. Anyone can score goals (maybe not as pretty as Ovechkin) but the way Crosby can see the ice and set-up ANYONE, makes him the games best player. Loved the game last night. Anytime you get a chance to watch Crosby or Ovech, don't pass it up.

Sid the Kid is the real thing.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Oven chin easily

Wait, this isnt a best name thread? Sorry, my votes already cast

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

I'll predict Sidney does break the record, or at least come very close. I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for it but I don't care. I'll stick with my prediction Moses. :D

Quote:
Old 12-14-2006, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll predict Sidney does break the record, or at least come very close. I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for it but I don't care. I'll stick with my prediction Moses. :D
I'll predict that Tomlinson will score 80 rushing touchdowns next season. Anybody can make a flatout stupid prediction. :P
Old 12-14-2006, 07:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
I'll predict that Tomlinson will score 80 rushing touchdowns next season. Anybody can make a flatout stupid prediction. :P
Sidney has yet to reach his potential, and I think he's got a shot. Not saying he will but he's got a shot. :D

Quote: