Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 07-07-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun fact:

The Jaguars and the Ravens possess the only defensive units that have ranked in the top-10 in both points and yards allowed for 3 consecutive seasons.

Why NEITHER are listed BAFFLES me.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We did very good against your offense last year and Suggs was injured that game.
that was kinda early in the season wasn't it.. i think we ended the season pretty strong on a long winning streak. Plus remember that rivers took a while to get started and most charger players point to the baltimore game as the game he showed them he was for real. Also its a general consensus among charger fans that the coaching staff layed an egg in that game.. and its the only reason why we lost... that and todd heap is a monster
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
those look like a bunch of over rated players mixed in with some dinosaurs..
Or it looks like the reigning #1 Defense in the NFL. Since you're new here, I might give you some slack, but so far your NFL knowledge seems to be extremely lacking.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that was kinda early in the season wasn't it.. i think we ended the season pretty strong on a long winning streak. Plus remember that rivers took a while to get started and most charger players point to the baltimore game as the game he showed them he was for real. Also its a general consensus among charger fans that the coaching staff layed an egg in that game.. and its the only reason why we lost... that and todd heap is a monster
we ended the regular season strong also, our o-line and offense was doing a ton better w/ Billick calling plays.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Or it looks like the reigning #1 Defense in the NFL. Since you're new here, I might give you some slack, but so far your NFL knowledge seems to be extremely lacking.
I don't think his nfl knowledge is lacking. I think your being a homer and overrating your players. I don't really understand what all you guys are arguing about, I think it's a general consensus from nfl fans that the chargers are a better team than the ravens and i don't think this is the right place to argue about that.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
I don't think his nfl knowledge is lacking. I think your being a homer and overrating your players. I don't really understand what all you guys are arguing about, I think it's a general consensus from nfl fans that the chargers are a better team than the ravens and i don't think this is the right place to argue about that.

How exactly can you overrate the #1 Defense in the NFL? That's not being a homer that's knowing the truth. Maybe you should realize that the Ravens' D has done it year in and year out, unlike the Chargers.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
How exactly can you overrate the #1 Defense in the NFL? That's not being a homer that's knowing the truth. Maybe you should realize that the Ravens' D has done it year in and year out, unlike the Chargers.
I never said that the Ravens defense is overrated nor did I ever mention anything about them not doing it ''year in and year out''. I'm not proclaiming the chargers team as the best team in the nfl and it's a bit early to be proclaiming the ravens defense as the best in the nfl. As far as your neg rep comment that I received from you, I don't think it's that appropriate of ravens fans to come in this thread and declare yourselfs the best defensive team in another teams thread. Keep the homer notions in your own team thread please.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 07-07-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:

you can easily overrate the number 2 defense (chicago) in the nfl... especially if they lost a guy to the pats who was pretty good.. and if they're getting old in some key spots

The chargers on the other hand have only one weakness and thats the newly vacant safety spot. Mccree was solid any fan would tell you that, the LB core is arguably better than the ravens although the experience at MLB is now lacking. If the ravens are the second best defense in the league.. the chargers surely arent too far behind
Old 07-07-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I never said that the Ravens defense is overrated nor did I ever mention anything about them not doing it ''year in and year out''. I'm not proclaiming the chargers team as the best team in the nfl and it's a bit early to be proclaiming the ravens defense as the best in the nfl. As far as your neg rep comment that I received from you, I don't think it's that appropriate of ravens fans to come in this thread and declare yourselfs the best defensive team in another teams thread. Keep the homer notions in your own team thread please.
First of all, anyone is allowed to post anywhere on this thread so deal with it. Second of all its not overreaching to declare them the #1 Defense since they are the reigning #1 Defense until proven otherwise. Thirdly what you may think is appropriate is irrelevant. And lastly you did say that I am overrating my players and the only players I mentioned were the defense that you referred to so your whole 1st sentence is nonsense. Once again you are wrong, but thanks for playing the game!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-07-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
you can easily overrate the number 2 defense (chicago) in the nfl... especially if they lost a guy to the pats who was pretty good.. and if they're getting old in some key spots

The chargers on the other hand have only one weakness and thats the newly vacant safety spot. Mccree was solid any fan would tell you that, the LB core is arguably better than the ravens although the experience at MLB is now lacking. If the ravens are the second best defense in the league.. the chargers surely arent too far behind

One guy does not make our defense, so assuming that the loss of AD will immensely hurt us is nonsense. What's even more ridiculous is to say your linebackers are better then ours. To say that makes you lose even more credibility in my eyes. The main thing your D did last year was sack the QB, guess what we do pretty much everything. We stuff the run, sack the QB, contain the pass, etc, etc. Once again thanks for playing the game, we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-07-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

Quote:
First of all, anyone is allowed to post anywhere on this thread so deal with it. Second of all its not overreaching to declare them the #1 Defense since they are the reigning #1 Defense until proven otherwise. Thirdly what you may think is appropriate is irrelevant. And lastly you did say that I am overrating my players and the only players I mentioned were the defense that you referred to so your whole 1st sentence is nonsense. Once again you are wrong, but thanks for playing the game!
I'm not going to argue anymore, but I will say that I can't wait for Nov. 25.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 07-07-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not going to argue anymore, but I will say that I can't wait for Nov. 25.
Hard to argue when I have facts and figures on my side. As for the 25th, odd you can't wait for a loss?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-07-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

Quote:
Hard to argue when I have facts and figures on my side. As for the 25th, odd you can't wait for a loss?
It really is odd that I can't wait for a loss. That would make me a real good fan wouldn't it.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 07-07-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
There's really no need to come to the Chargers team forum, just to brag about the Ravens, you can do that in the Baltimore team forum.

Intelligent discussion I don't care where you do it, but what do you expect to happen when you come into a Charger forum, us to just bow down and say that your the #1 defense in the NFL and we have no hopes of stopping you? I've already said, in this thread that Baltimore's defense is ridiculous and I can't believe they weren't given more credit in the article.

But we're not just going to say you'll destroy us, when first of all, the consensus amongst most fans is San Diego is a better team, not defense. Will it be a good game? Of course. But don't come in here, tell us we have no hopes of scoring on you, you'll be able to score on us, and we won't be able to win. That's not only ridiculous, but thats just trying to provoke an argument where there doesn't have to be one.

Again, I'm not knocking your D, but you saying you have the #1 defense in the league reigning, can be just as easily combatted by us saying we have the reigning #1 offense in the league, so its a moot point. On top of that, we played you in the third game of last season, so before you can say we shut you down last year, even though you didn't have Suggs, you had Rivers while he was still very green, LT before he clicked last year, our WR core before they caught on, and our OL Before they developed their chemistry, so it is a totally different Chargers offense your talking about.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
There's really no need to come to the Chargers team forum, just to brag about the Ravens, you can do that in the Baltimore team forum.

Intelligent discussion I don't care where you do it, but what do you expect to happen when you come into a Charger forum, us to just bow down and say that your the #1 defense in the NFL and we have no hopes of stopping you? I've already said, in this thread that Baltimore's defense is ridiculous and I can't believe they weren't given more credit in the article.

But we're not just going to say you'll destroy us, when first of all, the consensus amongst most fans is San Diego is a better team, not defense. Will it be a good game? Of course. But don't come in here, tell us we have no hopes of scoring on you, you'll be able to score on us, and we won't be able to win. That's not only ridiculous, but thats just trying to provoke an argument where there doesn't have to be one.

Again, I'm not knocking your D, but you saying you have the #1 defense in the league reigning, can be just as easily combatted by us saying we have the reigning #1 offense in the league, so its a moot point. On top of that, we played you in the third game of last season, so before you can say we shut you down last year, even though you didn't have Suggs, you had Rivers while he was still very green, LT before he clicked last year, our WR core before they caught on, and our OL Before they developed their chemistry, so it is a totally different Chargers offense your talking about.
I never said we'll shut you out but don't rag on me for defending my teams honor when someone posts a ridiculous list like this no matter what team forum its in. As for your reasons for last year's loss to us, sounds like a lot of bellyaching to me?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-07-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We did very good against your offense last year and Suggs was injured that game.
Not debating that, I've given a lot of credit to Baltimore in this thread, I just don't think its fair to say your D will shut down our O, like that, especially considering how different of a team we were then, and the fact that it was such a close game to begin with. Shawne Merriman makes one more tackle on Heap, and the argument of you beating us last year is gone. He didn't though, and I'm not claiming our D is better or anything, but if one play is different, last years game has no bearing in the argument anymore.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Not debating that, I've given a lot of credit to Baltimore in this thread, I just don't think its fair to say your D will shut down our O, like that, especially considering how different of a team we were then, and the fact that it was such a close game to begin with. Shawne Merriman makes one more tackle on Heap, and the argument of you beating us last year is gone. He didn't though, and I'm not claiming our D is better or anything, but if one play is different, last years game has no bearing in the argument anymore.
If ifs and buts were all candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-07-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

Don't think that were just going to forget all this smalk talk that your dishing out when we kick your ass next season.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 07-07-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
I never said we'll shut you out but don't rag on me for defending my teams honor when someone posts a ridiculous list like this no matter what team forum its in. As for your reasons for last year's loss to us, sounds like a lot of bellyaching to me?
now i know you did not just accuse JK17 of bellyaching because that wouldn't be smart especially considering your in a charger forum complaining about your precious defense.

Now im not going to be as kind and say baltimore's defense is so great blah blah blah.. personally i think they're the most overrated bunch of losers in the entire NFL. they're just still getting credit for the defensive numbers they put up a few years ago and living off the reputations of ray lewis (the murderer) and ed reed the all-perennial all star. In a few years, maybe even this one, the coach will be fired lewis will retire and the ravens will be a junk franchise.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What list did anyone post? It was an article, which gave credit to the Chargers, which some of us liked....

In fact, a few of us even said we were shocked Baltimore wasn't more on it.

Then bantx showed some optimism saying we were Super Bowl Bound, nothing about the Ravens or attacking their honor, to which you responded
Quote:
You're not getting by the Ravens, no way, no how.
Which is your opinion, but no one called out Baltimore for them to be brought into the discussion.

Then bantx said one of the best offenses vs one of the best defenses and it should be a good matchup, to which you replied...
Quote:
We beat you last year and we'll do it again this year!
Which I still took as friendly conversation, and replied in a joking-style manner a remark Ray Lewis made about Rivers' abilities...

Then you said things like...

Quote:
Yeah Marty had a hand in it but the bottomline is we got the W. And unlike last year we know what to expect out of Rivers and company so we will be even better prepared. Rex Ryan with more info to scheme against you, I'd be scared!
Quote:
Juice Monkey, I mean Merrimam got owned my Ogden once and history will repeat itself once again. Phillips? Please don't kid yourself. Your boy Rivers will be on his back so much it won't be funny so there goes your offensive threat. As for our offense, keep sleeping on Clayton and Williams. They'll see you in the endzone.
Quote:
If you believe that your O is better then our D then I have some land I'd like to sell you.
All of which took an attacking tone, on comments that had started out by Chargers' fans respectfully and conversationally.

And as far as our loss last year, please believe me I'm not making excuses. We lost the game, fair and square, all I was trying to indicate was that we aren't the same team from week 3 in the season, we weren't towards the end of last year, and we aren't this year.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If ifs and buts were all candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
Again....I said it wasn't an excuse....I even said that in the next sentence, where i emphasized...He DIDNT make the tackle so we lost.

But if one play makes such a huge difference, don't use that game as an example as to why your so much better then us.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
now i know you did not just accuse JK17 of bellyaching because that wouldn't be smart especially considering your in a charger forum complaining about your precious defense.

Now im not going to be as kind and say baltimore's defense is so great blah blah blah.. personally i think they're the most overrated bunch of losers in the entire NFL. they're just still getting credit for the defensive numbers they put up a few years ago and living off the reputations of ray lewis (the murderer) and ed reed the all-perennial all star. In a few years, maybe even this one, the coach will be fired lewis will retire and the ravens will be a junk franchise.
Wow you're more of a clown then I thought. What color is the sky in your world?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-07-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens better have a good defense because I don't se their offense finishing anywhere close to the top half of the league as long as McNair is under center
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
The Ravens better have a good defense because I don't se their offense finishing anywhere close to the top half of the league as long as McNair is under center
I plan on breaking McNair's leg come training camp.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-07-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
Wow you're more of a clown then I thought. What color is the sky in your world?
im a clown? what was that a joke? i think we share something in common.. what color is the sky in your part of jokesville?