Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 07:02 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MD/DC
Posts: 2,944
Reputation: 4061
skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Yah if Snyder just managed the business side of it and let someone control the football side the Redskins would probably better off. If I am not mistaken the Redskins are worth more than any of the other NFL franchises [except maybe Dallas, I can't remember anymore lol].
I remember a few months ago reading in the Post that the Skins were the most valueable franchise in all of sports. They nudged out a soccer team, either real madrid or some1 else.

If Snyder was smart, he would fire Ceratto, and create a team of college scouts that just make the best out of your picks. The best pick after round 3 we've had under the Snyder era is Rock Cartwright in 7.
__________________
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,243
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

That stadium really helps the Redskins. Tickets prices are unbelievable and the snobby type who infest the DC area pay for it and they consistently sell out the largest stadium (by a lot) in the NFL.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
i agree

rooney should be 1 or 2 at the lowest

His team isn't even in the top half of the league for most valuable... how does that make him the best owner?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,243
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
His team isn't even in the top half of the league for most valuable... how does that make him the best owner?
If the rankings are just on pure finances, no. But what the Rooney's and Mara's have done for this league makes what Dan Snyder has done look miniscule. Both of those families put the good of the league before the value and finances of their own teams.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
If the rankings are just on pure finances, no. But what the Rooney's and Mara's have done for this league makes what Dan Snyder has done look miniscule. Both of those families put the good of the league before the value and finances of their own teams.

*shrug*

I think it should involve all things, but at the same time I don't see how a team that isn't even close to the most valuable, could have the "best" owner. Logically, that just wouldn't make any sense.

I'm not saying Rooney shouldn't be higher, but I am saying this "The fact that he isn't one proves that this is a joke" comments are nonsense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
thank you, i need at least one random opinion that doesn't vaguely involve fact or reality per thread. dallas is valued at roughly $250m less than the redskins, the redskins value was up 3% more than the cowboys last year (a season in which the skins did NOTHING whatsoever), they had $68m more in revenue, and roughly and had 34% more operating income (the skins easily doubled every single other teeam in the league in this category. DOUBLED.). dallas may be higher, but it's a SERIOUS stretch to believe they'll suddenly beat out the very clear top dog.
umm have you ever read how Forbes finds the values for teams? New stadiums are valued heavily, especially a $1 billion stadium will be.

Dallas should be right around the same value as Washington or higher
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the skins will still have a higher operating revenue and will still be a more profitable team. further, i'd like you to quote, or otherwise prove that the cowboys new stadium will vault them all the way to first. if you can't, stop repeating it as though it's fact.
since when does "probably" or "should" equate to fact. The only one here trying to act like what they say is the gospel is you. It should be pretty clear that this is just my opinion, based on how I understand Forbes calculations.

I will see if I can find the article that tells how they get these numbers. It explained how pending new stadiums and brand new stadiums jump up their value of teams.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm stating it as fact because, for the last 4 years, it HAS been fact. i have, what we call, precedent to back up my opinion. i can also STILL point out that, last year alone, the redskins value jumped 13% to the cowboys 10%. this after being one of the worst teams in the NFL, while the cowboys made the playoffs. if evidence exists that i'm wrong, i'd love to hear it. until then, past financial performance in this case is a pretty strong indication of near-future results.
you need to read up on how they figure this up before talking ****.

also those aren't current values those are from a season where the redskins made the playoffs and cowboys didn't.

we can only wait and see I am done.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,873
Reputation: 96315
SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's cute. "you shouldn't talk because you don't know anything ever and i'm not going to bother trying to find where it says that you're wrong so i'm done." grow up. this is the kind of garbage on this board that thoroughly disgusts me. i said i was open to seeing evidence that i was wrong. you failed to provide it and instead whined about how i should be responsible for finding information to support your point of view.
You would think forming arguments and backing them up with examples and evidence would be part of the public education system. It also infuriates me when people fall back on the "well thats just my opinion and I have a right to my own opinions." No, you only have a right to those opinions if you can back them up with evidence and they can stand up to scrutiny in rational debate. If you can't back it up, rethink your arguements or GOD FORBID, change your mind. [/rant]
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,017
Reputation: 47329
Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Glazers #4, yay.
__________________

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
CW99
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 370
Reputation: 8
CW99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

3.Jerry Richardson (Mark Richardson), Panthers
4. Bryan, Joel and Ed Glazer, Buccaneers
5. Daniel Snyder

They are joking right Rooney and Lurie should be 2 and 3 on this list
__________________
CW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The H, The Republic of Texas
Posts: 407
Reputation: 135
VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I agree with Bob McNair's position. He brought football back to Houston and he wants to win he just got some bad guys in the front office to start the franchise with and they are gone now.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's cute. "you shouldn't talk because you don't know anything ever and i'm not going to bother trying to find where it says that you're wrong so i'm done." grow up. this is the kind of garbage on this board that thoroughly disgusts me. i said i was open to seeing evidence that i was wrong. you failed to provide it and instead whined about how i should be responsible for finding information to support your point of view.
lol sorry you missed your out. Your belittling argument style doesn't work on people who know what they are talking about. Being the Head Mod I would expect you to discuss things in a more mature way but oh well.

granted it is an old article and the numbers are off on the new stadium the point is still just as relevant.- http://www.cowboysplus.com/stadium/s...s.15aebc9.html

difference between Dallas and Washington- $250 mil
raise in Eagles value from new stadium- $216 mil
cost of Eagles new stadium- $512 mil per http://www.cowboysplus.com/stadium/s...s.15aebc9.html
cost of new Dallas stadium- $1 bil
Average increase in value from new stadium since 1998- $123 mil

Now this is just speculation by me, but with the difference between the worth of the old Cowboys stadium and the new stadium the largest ever seen in the league I would expect an unprecedented jump in team worth.

Also keep in mind with the new stadium the capacity will grow by ~14,500 people and there will be a lot more suites and clubs, so revenue will jump too.


Now don't get me wrong here I am by no means say this absolutely will happen, but I believe will. In the very least I think the jump from the stadium will be about the same as the Eagles was and the rise in revenue will make it very close.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Man I feel like a loser for taking 5 minutes of my life on that. You got me hook line and sinker.

Either way Jerry, Snyder, and Kraft are probably the best business minds in the NFL.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,728
Reputation: 56147
BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Snyder is a good businessman, but he's a **** owner, and there's a big difference.
__________________

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 30,584
Reputation: 1108093
P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Snyder is a good owner, just a bad GM.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,701
Reputation: -34
JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default

It is rediculaous that Dan Snyder made the top 31. I can name so many things that he has made me laugh about.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 16,654
Reputation: 320894
Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I started at the bottom when I looked for Wilf.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
now was that so hard? instead of simply saying "this is fact", you went out and showed that there was a good possibility that it WAS fact. i said twice i was open to being proven wrong. i'm not, for one second, going to randomly take someone's word that they're right.

but yes, you fell for it hook, line and sinker. i wanted a good argument for your side, and you provided it. crazy that i'd expect that level of discussion here.
the whole time I made it clear it was an opinion not fact. Also I really didn't care to argue on something I don't give a crap about, when it was clear the other person didn't know what they are talking about. That is why I said you got me hook, line, and sinker. I feel like the bigger loser for arguing with somebody who is making baseless arguments.

THIS is what is wrong with these forums. Too many people that throw in their input when they have no idea what they are talking about. Then expect you to spoon feed them the information that they should have educated themselves on before commenting in the first place.

PEOPLE PLEASE DON'T COMMENT ON **** YOU DON'T KNOW, thank you.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
actually, i posted relevant stats that showed i had a VERY good idea what i was talking about. you simply came in and said "you're wrong because i think you're wrong." then, at long last, you backed up YOUR opinion with actual information. something i did in my FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD. why is this so bloody hard? i demonstrated i knew what i was talking about LONG before you did. thus, if you disagreed, the burden was on YOU to show relevant information supporting your position. christ.

debate classes should be a graduation pre-requisite in this country.
lol you think you knew what you were talking about, yet you didn't know how new stadiums affected teams worth?

Apparently you are the one that needs debate classes. Your argument was so transparent when you couldn't include anything about stadiums affecting worth.

also I find it humorous that you think because I don't want to argue with some troll on the internet that I can't debate. I don't know what that last comment is suppose to intend, but I would pass that graduation requirement with flying colors with all the verbal and written debate/persuasion classes that I have had from junior high through college.

In your own words "grow up"
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,776
Reputation: 303889
keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Pretty decent I guess. I think Al Davis should be lower. Success in the 1980s has nothing to do with how good of an owner you are now. Randy Lerner is about where he should be - great guy and a big Browns fan, but not the best at building a winning football club.
__________________
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,855
Reputation: 1975849
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

not sure how the texans owner, is higher on that list then dan rooney, rooney is top 3 for sure, but the texans owner ranked higher???
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 497
Reputation: 114
fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
"umm have you ever read how Forbes finds the values for teams? New stadiums are valued heavily, especially a $1 billion stadium will be." - you stating your opinion as though it was fact. i then immediately asked for direct evidence to support your assertion, and rather than providing it, you whined that i should go look up information to support YOUR point of view. sorry kiddo, that's not how the world works. i said several times i'd be willing to look at anything that proved me wrong. you still did not show that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the new stadium would put the cowboys over the top (the original thing i disagreed with). you simply showed that the new stadium could strongly affect the team's value and push them past washington. but hey, you sure showed me! boy, someone giving evidence to support their argument... something i've done so far 2x more than you in this particular argument. but hey, props. you finally learned how to argue your position. maybe you'll actually do it in the future so we can all prevent this kind of pathetic whining/crying after the fact. get over yourself. you finally provided ONE good argument that still far from proved your original point. props. you must be hall of fame bound.
It actually hurts being called a whiner and crier by the most emo person on the board.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,459
Reputation: 1827586
CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
snyder kills every owner in the league in terms of revenue. KILLS. it's amazing to me that people don't realize that. based on his ability to make a team that hasn't been a serious contender in almost 20 years the envy of the league in terms of profit is amazing.
Profit margins just aren't as impressive to me as championships.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: -170
eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Profit margins just aren't as impressive to me as championships.

If I was a Redskins fan, which stat would impress me more, the profit margin or two playoff appearances in 10 seasons that Dannyboy has owned the team despite spending so much on players.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.