Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:49 AM    (permalink

How the hell haven't the Colts been mentioned?
Old 12-16-2006, 08:46 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
How the hell haven't the Colts been mentioned?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:51 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Doesn't Baltimore run a 3-4 as well? At least part time.
we run a 4-3, 3-4, 46 and a one linemen set :shock:

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:45 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO when it comes to not applying any pressure, and doing a satisfactory job in the run game, Denver is second to none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
IMO when it comes to not applying any pressure, and doing a satisfactory job in the run game, Denver is second to none.
The front 4? The Denver Front 4 is average against the pass, above average against the run. Its your LB core that makes your defense good, not your line.

Im still shocked that Carolina got so many votes. How are they tied with Jacksonville? Jacksonville definately has a better line than Carolina.

Too much manwood for Peppers on this board, seriously.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
The front 4? The Denver Front 4 is average against the pass, above average against the run. Its your LB core that makes your defense good, not your line.

Im still shocked that Carolina got so many votes. How are they tied with Jacksonville? Jacksonville definately has a better line than Carolina.

And to think of what the Panthers fans said about him that sat in front of me last week against the Giants. (It was music to my ears)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:29 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

T Pryce - H Ngata - K Gregg - T Sizzle

tough to beat that....
Old 12-16-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:

He's joking.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd actually say Minnesota is the best, slightly ahead of Jacksonville and Baltimore.

Them and Jacksonville have by far the best DT combo, but the Williams combo complement each other better than Stroud and Henderson.

Edwards, Udeze, James and Scott are a good combo of ends, all of which are young and should become a lot better. Edwards is looking good for a rookie, Scott is doing quite well on passing downs and Udeze looks better on run defence. James has been injured but he has the potential to be a good end, given he was a 1st rounder.

Minnesotas Dline is the main reason why they are only giving up about 60 rushing yards a game, and although their pass defence has been less stellar, I wouldn't blame that on their Dline who do put pressure on the QB.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan
Vikings anyone?

well when Erasmus comes back that should help our ends but who knows how well he plays when he comes back? Also Pat Williams is probably our best Defensive Player and yet he is old and bound to be gone soon, we need a replacement. Maybe we could be the best in 2 years but not now.
Kenechi Udeze is garbage, and you have really no idea if James will be very good either.

I agree the DT's are at the very least the second best tandum in the league though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree that the Panthers front 4 is fairly over-rated...they have the big names and can be dominant...

but in the games I saw they disappear for LARGE stretches at a time...yes even Peppers..

maybe it's the offenses inability to keep the Defense off the field as long (one of worst 3rd down conversion rates in the NFL) but their D-line has only had 1 truly dominating game this year...and that was the 15-0 shutout of St.Louis...when they had Bynum and Morton at CB.
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We've started the last few games in a 3-4.

DE- Trevor Pryce
DT- Kelly Gregg
DE- Haloti Ngata

OLB Terrell Suggs
ILB Ray Lewis
ILB Bart Scott
OLB Adalius Thomas
Old 12-16-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
It's between Jacksonville and Baltimore, no one else even comes close.
It's a 3-4 scheme so they don't mentioned very often, but I don't know if I'd want anyone besides Igor Olshansky, Jamal Williams, and Luis Castillo. They are all absolute beasts, and a big reason why our linebackers get to fly around all day.
I was thinking the same thing. Williams is the best interior defensive lineman in the league. But when comparing 3-4 and 4-3 fronts, it's just comparing apples and oranges because the roles are so different. You'd have to make two seperate polls....best 4-3 line and best 3-4 line.
I think the Patriots have an argument for best 3-4 DL. It is close though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
I agree that the Panthers front 4 is fairly over-rated...they have the big names and can be dominant...

but in the games I saw they disappear for LARGE stretches at a time...yes even Peppers..

maybe it's the offenses inability to keep the Defense off the field as long (one of worst 3rd down conversion rates in the NFL) but their D-line has only had 1 truly dominating game this year...and that was the 15-0 shutout of St.Louis...when they had Bynum and Morton at CB.
You really need to do some watching of games chief, that front four is dominant until about half way through the third qtr when exhaustion sets in.

Carolina leads the league in sending opponents to three and out... THAT is a direct result of the defensive line, the offense isn't holding up its end of the bargain. Jenkins and Kemoeatu are as good as any tandem in the league, Peppers alone puts them in jacksonville territory let alone rucker as well.

As for Pep disappearing, that's ********, he's got two or three guys on him every play of every series. Even then he's almost always held, if the officials took their eyes off the QBs and watched the line like they should, they'd call it a lot more.

That's something all teams are having problems with, a lot of other fouls are being missed because officials are watching QBs, not the rest of the play.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout

You really need to do some watching of games chief, that front four is dominant until about half way through the third qtr when exhaustion sets in.

Carolina leads the league in sending opponents to three and out... THAT is a direct result of the defensive line, the offense isn't holding up its end of the bargain. Jenkins and Kemoeatu are as good as any tandem in the league, Peppers alone puts them in jacksonville teritory let alone rucker as well.
The problem I have with your line is the fact that they disappear for long periods of time. They can be unstoppable one game, then very average the next.

Peppers is a perfect example of this. At the beginning of the year he was on fire and everyone was sucking him off. Since then he's been very quiet and so has the manwood. I think its an elite line, just not the best. I put Baltimore and Jacksonville ahead of them.

I also don't know if Jenkins is the same Jenkins of 3 years ago. He just doesn't have the explosion that he used to, thus making him overrated by many. Rucker is getting older, and Kemeatu is great, but overall I think the line as a whole is fairly overrated.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang
Quote:
We've started the last few games in a 3-4.

DE- Trevor Pryce
DT- Kelly Gregg
DE- Haloti Ngata

OLB Terrell Suggs
ILB Ray Lewis
ILB Bart Scott
OLB Adalius Thomas
That's what makes the Ravens D so good. You can use that 3-4 look, and in the basic 4-3 look you can go

DE- Pryce
DT- Ngata
DT- Gregg
DE- Suggs

OLB- Scott
MLB- Lewis
OLB- Thomas

And if you want to get more of a pure pass rush, you can put Trevor Pryce inside at the 3-tech, pair him with Ngata, and then put Adalius at DE with Suggs. There's so much versatility in their front 7 that it's almost unreal.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints will be in the discussion if they can find them a good DT to pair with those ends. Will Smith is a monster.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink
bmoreravens5289
Rookie

bmoreravens5289 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Jaguars probably have the best pure 4-3 line, but the Ravens d-line is right up there wether they line up in 3-4 or 4-3 or a 46.

Sig by BuckNaked
Ravens
Baltimore Orioles
Maryland Terrapins
bmoreravens5289 is offline   Reply With Quote