Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which of these 2nd year RBs will have the most rushing yards?
Maurice Drew-Jones 14 15.73%
Reggie Bush 12 13.48%
Laurence Maroney 51 57.30%
Deangelo Williams 7 7.87%
Jerious Norwood 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think DeAngelo Williams will be getting as many carries taken away from him as some think. Not only is he the best back on Carolina's roster, but DeShaun Foster is always injured. Not to mention Carolina is going to use the same ZBS that Williams played in at Memphis.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't see what's wrong with using Bush as a receiver: he averaged over 8.4 yards per reception in 2006, catching 89 receptions for 748 yards, as a rookie. Why hold it against him that he can do what other backs can't?
How am I 'holding that against him'? I clearly prefaced my comments as rushing only. No where in my comments was I saying anything negative about him. He is what he is. He was used as a receiver more than any other "RB" in the entire NFL, as a rookie. I have no reason to believe that his role will change. He will continue to be used as a WR/RB hybrid, he just won't be given any more carries because of the presence of Deuce McAllister. New Orleans would be stupid to make Reggie Bush into something he isn't, an inside runner.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-04-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I don't think DeAngelo Williams will be getting as many carries taken away from him as some think. Not only is he the best back on Carolina's roster, but DeShaun Foster is always injured. Not to mention Carolina is going to use the same ZBS that Williams played in at Memphis.
John Fox needs to give up on DeShaun Foster. He isn't productive enough to be used as much as he has been. It would be an act of idiocy to not use DeAngelo Williams as the primary back.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if he does only get 150 carries, it's not very likely he averages 3.6 ypc again. Do I think he will be higher than Maroney or Williams? No, but higher than the other backs splitting carries, definitely.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I don't think he will get any more carries than that, barring injury to McAllister. All the backs I put ahead of him will get more carries.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
How am I 'holding that against him'? I clearly prefaced my comments as rushing only. No where in my comments was I saying anything negative about him. He is what he is. He was used as a receiver more than any other "RB" in the entire NFL, as a rookie. I have no reason to believe that his role will change. He will continue to be used as a WR/RB hybrid, he just won't be given any more carries because of the presence of Deuce McAllister. New Orleans would be stupid to make Reggie Bush into something he isn't, an inside runner.
I think the point is that even if Bush doesn't put up the statistics because he's sharing carries and being used in other roles, it doesn't make him any less of a threat to rush the football. I think most people would agree that Reggie Bush is not the worst runner in that group of runningbacks.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sorry for leaving off Addai, I forgot about him. But as far as the list goes, I can't wait to see how it pans out and how many Bush huggers are defending him when he comes up dead last in rushing yards. Cause he's not a runningback.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I think the point is that even if Bush doesn't put up the statistics because he's sharing carries and being used in other roles, it doesn't make him any less of a threat to rush the football. I think most people would agree that Reggie Bush is not the worst runner in that group of runningbacks.
What evidence is there to say that he is any better than Addai, Maroney, Jones-Drew, Norwood and Williams, as a rusher? Because I must have missed it. Since all of the aforementioned players outdid him last year, as a runner, and will only see their roles increase. It's my opinion that Bush won't see his role change. It isn't like I am saying that Wali Lundy or Leon Washington will outdo him next year, or anything like that.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bush imo is easily the worst PURE RB in that group. He's an exceptional talent, but as a RB to carry the load he's the last one I would pick...and I can't stand Addai, but he's doing it on the field. I know everyone around LOVES Reggie Bush and he can do no wrong, but I do see him averaging 3.6 again, because, he can't run up the middle and he dances too much, he's got too much improvement to make as a PURE RB...as a threat out of the backfield, he was great, and as a WR he was very good, but as a pound the rock RB he isn't good at all, and I love when he is lined up back there against the Falcons, cause we know he's not going to get anything on the ground.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Bush imo is easily the worst PURE RB in that group. He's an exceptional talent, but as a RB to carry the load he's the last one I would pick...and I can't stand Addai, but he's doing it on the field. I know everyone around LOVES Reggie Bush and he can do no wrong, but I do see him averaging 3.6 again, because, he can't run up the middle and he dances too much, he's got too much improvement to make as a PURE RB...as a threat out of the backfield, he was great, and as a WR he was very good, but as a pound the rock RB he isn't good at all, and I love when he is lined up back there against the Falcons, cause we know he's not going to get anything on the ground.
Yeah, for as "dangerous" as he supposedly is, he didn't notch a single 20+ yard run. That is rather pathetic, especially for someone with his speed, acceleration, good O-Line and 155 opportunities to do so.

I am taking a wait and see approach. Maybe Reggie Bush will drastically improve, maybe he won't. I won't anoint him as a great player until he shows me something. I have yet to be impressed. Taking into context the aura of hype that surrounds him, that is. If he doesn't become the player he was at USC, the player he's been billed as, then I suspect people will turn on him rather quickly. Same with Vince Young, for that matter.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-05-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with MJD.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

first name i looked for was addai...he's a beast, and showed me alot his rookie year...has the best passing game to take pressure off him, and probably runs the hardest...id say he has the most out of the group...

youd have to be sick to think bush will have more RUSHING yds then some of those other backs, he will be better then last yr, but i wouldnt expect him to blow anyone away with deuce healthy and pounding it still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Again, sorry for leaving off Addai...was a total brain fart =/
Old 07-05-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, for as "dangerous" as he supposedly is, he didn't notch a single 20+ yard run. That is rather pathetic, especially for someone with his speed, acceleration, good O-Line and 155 opportunities to do so.

I am taking a wait and see approach. Maybe Reggie Bush will drastically improve, maybe he won't. I won't anoint him as a great player until he shows me something. I have yet to be impressed. Taking into context the aura of hype that surrounds him, that is. If he doesn't become the player he was at USC, the player he's been billed as, then I suspect people will turn on him rather quickly. Same with Vince Young, for that matter.
im confused, you said if Bush doesnt turn into the player he was at USC people will turn on him...but you said the same goes for vince young as if what he did his rookie year wasnt reminiscent of what he did at Texas...actually his rookie season in the NFL was better then his sophmore year in college...

just seems like the two are in two different situations, and played differently during the season

Quote:
Old 07-05-2007, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He didn't have any 20+ runs, but you better damn well believe he's dangerous. You're telling me when he gets the ball in his hands you don't say "Oh ****!"? How about his GW punt return vs. TB? How about his 80 some odd yard reception vs. the Bears? For years we have talked down about the Saints line and all of a sudden after one good offensive year they're good? Didn't have anything to do with the new type of offensive gameplans not to mention a QB who may have the quickest decision making in football?

Give the guy a break. He played one season and people are saying he's a crappy runner now? Please.... Reggie simply wasn't used to not being able to dance behind the line of scrimmage. He played with the best O-line in his conference in college and had all day because there were gaping holes to run through and they didn't close nearly as quickly as they do in the NFL. Reggie will average something in the low 4's this year and continually make progress. What's nice for him as well is he doesn't have to be "the man" yet, so he can afford to take a little longer to learn to run the ball inside better. He's working with one of the best in the business at it, he'll be fine.

To answer the original question, I like Addai this year. Not because I think he's the best runner, but because I expect him to get the most carries out of anyone in that group.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
im confused, you said if Bush doesnt turn into the player he was at USC people will turn on him...but you said the same goes for vince young as if what he did his rookie year wasnt reminiscent of what he did at Texas...actually his rookie season in the NFL was better then his sophmore year in college...

just seems like the two are in two different situations, and played differently during the season
And after his sophomore season people thought he was going to be a WR. Not hard to be better than that. If Vince doesn't throw the ball much better he will be a disappointment.

As for the Reggie Bush stuff, I think it's pretty ridiculous to say he doesn't having the running talent or isn't the RB that these other guys are. Did he struggle last year? Yes, but he had to adjust, and towards the end of the season we saw an improvement in his interior running. His struggles last year were not because of his physical abilities but because of his vision and trying to bounce it outside too much. I don't see who how you can try and play off all the rushing abilities he's shown before just because he had a rough rookie year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Maroney will have the most rushing yards and then Addai, but as far as receiving yards its got to be Bush then Maurice Jones-Drew.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
And after his sophomore season people thought he was going to be a WR. Not hard to be better than that. If Vince doesn't throw the ball much better he will be a disappointment.

As for the Reggie Bush stuff, I think it's pretty ridiculous to say he doesn't having the running talent or isn't the RB that these other guys are. Did he struggle last year? Yes, but he had to adjust, and towards the end of the season we saw an improvement in his interior running. His struggles last year were not because of his physical abilities but because of his vision and trying to bounce it outside too much. I don't see who how you can try and play off all the rushing abilities he's shown before just because he had a rough rookie year.
what im saying is, vince probably exceeded expectations of about everyone on this board, seeing as how people had him pegged as being a bench player 2 years before he could understand an offense and be effective, and even though everyone is saying he needs to throw the ball better, he made brandon jones look like a stud out there, and somehow got all the playmakers involved alot better then kerry collins did, a guy who played in the super bowl...

not saying he doesnt need to improve, but it was his rookie year at qb for goodness sakes, of course he made lots of mistakes every game, but he was alot better at decision making as the season wore on in not forcing throws to turn the ball over, and did wonders with the weapons around him...not like he had boldin and fitz on both sides of him

Quote:
Old 07-05-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

This is extremely irritating to me. Why is it so blasphemous for me to say that Reggie Bush doesn't have "it" like other great runners? Why is it blasphemous for me to say that he won't be forced into a situation where he will carry the ball more than ten times per game, with a lot of those "rushes" coming from the WR position.

He doesn't have the prerequisite natural instincts to be great. He has speed, agility and acceleration. Those alone do not make you a great runner. If anything, history has shown that great runners excel early in their careers. Unless being held back by horrible talent around them, while being the focal point of the defense; neither of which apply to Bush's situation.

Here we have two camps, both are assuming. I just think it is safer to assume that he won't completely change his 'game.' He will have to if he is going to be a "great" RB like he's been hyped to be. Running end around runs, sweeps and absurd reverse field runs won't cut it in the NFL. He's the only "dangerous" RB I've ever heard of that hasn't made a single big play as an actual Running Back. He's the only RB I've heard of who isn't productive in the spell 'face every defense when they are worn down' role.

I cannot believe anyone can tell me, with a straight face, that Reggie Bush will have more opportunities as a true Running Back than any of the aforementioned players. Thus, even if he improves, he won't outproduce Drew, Addai, Maroney, Williams or Norwood. Because they will all carry the ball more than he will.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-05-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
This is extremely irritating to me. Why is it so blasphemous for me to say that Reggie Bush doesn't have "it" like other great runners? Why is it blasphemous for me to say that he won't be forced into a situation where he will carry the ball more than ten times per game, with a lot of those "rushes" coming from the WR position.

He doesn't have the prerequisite natural instincts to be great. He has speed, agility and acceleration. Those alone do not make you a great runner. If anything, history has shown that great runners excel early in their careers. Unless being held back by horrible talent around them, while being the focal point of the defense; neither of which apply to Bush's situation.

Here we have two camps, both are assuming. I just think it is safer to assume that he won't completely change his 'game.' He will have to if he is going to be a "great" RB like he's been hyped to be. Running end around runs, sweeps and absurd reverse field runs won't cut it in the NFL. He's the only "dangerous" RB I've ever heard of that hasn't made a single big play as an actual Running Back. He's the only RB I've heard of who isn't productive in the spell 'face every defense when they are worn down' role.

I cannot believe anyone can tell me, with a straight face, that Reggie Bush will have more opportunities as a true Running Back than any of the aforementioned players. Thus, even if he improves, he won't outproduce Drew, Addai, Maroney, Williams or Norwood. Because they will all carry the ball more than he will.

i think alot has to do with potential, and people can see bush with more "potential" to do great things on the ground then all of the other players, maybe his situation is different, maybe he will develop like a WR, 2-3 years before he is the stud everyone expected, maybe he never does, maybe he stays a hybrid and does what he did last year, his whole career, that wouldnt be a bad thing...

I really dont even recall the Eagles pounding the ball, or playing smashmouth football with brian westbrook, granted yes he runs up the middle, and will hit the hole with one cut instead of dancing around to the outside, but Bush is not addai, they will not be used the same, all RB's are different...all those other RB's probably wont ever come close to 100 receptions either, so its not as if he doesnt make up for it with offensive production somewhere...

Im no hugh Bush fan by any means, but I dont think it should be a knock on him that he's not a pounding, Larry Johnson type RB...I dont think that its written anywhere that you have to be that type of back or else your a failure in the league..I agree he wont have as many carries as ALL the other backs, thats true as of next season, none of the other backs have a young former pro bowl RB who is a bruiser in front of them either, if that was the case, norwood would see as many carries as bush if he was in NO, so would drew or any other back...

I think the gimmick end arounds, tosses, or whatever else NO runs with bush can cut it in the NFL, I dont see why he has to be a certain type of runner to be perceived as a guy who's accomplished, last year he showed improvement week to week, there's no reason to believe he wont continue to improve his vision and downfield rushing ability

Quote:
Old 07-05-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reggie Bush isn't an every down back and I doubt he will ever be. He is in the perfect situation in which his athleticism is utilized properly. I still think he is a better runner than Williams and Norwood.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maroney will probably get about 1300 rushing yards this year. I think Mo Drew will have a good year too splitting time, maybe get 1000 yards and about 15 TDs. Bush will probably get about 80 or 90 catches though, but only about 500 or 600 yards on the ground. Bush isn't that great between the tackles, all his yards are on outside runs and catches where he is lethal. Addai is a solid back, and he'll probably get about 1200 yards or so. He can do it all though....run, block, catch. DeAngelo should be starting over Foster by midseason, but in Carolina's offense he probably won't get to the 1000 yard mark. Norwood is great, but is splitting time with a very good back in Dunn. Heck of a RB class last year, huh.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Maroney will probably get about 1300 rushing yards this year. I think Mo Drew will have a good year too splitting time, maybe get 1000 yards and about 15 TDs. Bush will probably get about 80 or 90 catches though, but only about 500 or 600 yards on the ground. Bush isn't that great between the tackles, all his yards are on outside runs and catches where he is lethal. Addai is a solid back, and he'll probably get about 1200 yards or so. He can do it all though....run, block, catch. DeAngelo should be starting over Foster by midseason, but in Carolina's offense he probably won't get to the 1000 yard mark. Norwood is great, but is splitting time with a very good back in Dunn. Heck of a RB class last year, huh.
I said the same thing and was lambasted for it.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll go with Laurence Maroney since Corey Dillion isnt there anymore.
Laurence will be getting more carries probably more then anyone else on the list.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Yeah see, that's what I think too, I have been getting blasted for a year because I don't think Reggie will ever be a great PURE RB. He might be a wonderful weapon, but he's not got what I like to see in a RB. But oh well, what are you going to do? He's a hype baby and yeah, I saw his Punt return, yeah I saw his reception, I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing him in the backfield against Atlanta, because I know we aren't going to give up a run, and I know we have Demorrio Williams on the field who can run with him. (I know I'll get blasted for that, but anyone who can run stride for stride with Jerious Norwood for 50 yards before he pulls away, they can run with Reggie Bush) But I just love it, I know he's going to dance around, and I know he's not Barry Sanders so I'm not worried about him breaking one and taking it the distance.