Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-22-2007, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
yeah Lupin and Tonks getting killed was kind of WTF?

I was really surprised by it. It kind of just came out of nowhere.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finished it at 3 last night, so here's my words to say.

To start off, Neville is a ******* badass. Goddamn, he got awesome. Oh, and Mrs. Weasly vs. Bellatrix was pretty kickass too.

I hadn't even realized Lupin and Tonks had died, until Harry turned the stone, I had to go back in check. The way she phrased it, it sounded like they were just asleep. I also hadn't realized that Ginny didn't even do anything until you guys mentioned it just now, which sucks, I think everyone expected more of her.

I was really dissapointed though, in the last chapter of the book. I was hoping to see what happened to everyone, not just the four of them and small glimpses of Neville and Malfoy. What happened to Luna? She was one of my favorite characters, I was under the assumption that she and Neville would end up together. Did George continue WWW? Did Harry end up and Auror? Etc? Etc? She gave us nada though. Also, I wanted a list of those who died in the battle, or at least of those who died who we've heard of before.

Still, Neville's totally badass.

Also: How did Hermione survive, while unconscious, a ******* falling chadellier?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Last edited by Beans : 07-22-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same, I finished at 3 in the AM as well.

I am pretty pissed at the epilogue. I expected like a paragraph or a snippet of information on what happened to everyone. Luna, did she continue the Quibbler? Did Oliver Wood continue his Quidditch career? What happened with Bill, Fleur, Charlie, etc.? Did Pansy Parkinson marry Draco? I would've liked more info on Neville. I kinda hated killing off Hedwig.

Also, great book. They seemed to rush things early on with the Ministry, they finally mentioned in a paragraph that they were spying on them. I was getting a bit lost in the beginning portion.

Didn't exactly like the battle. I hated Voldemort going down like that. Probably the greatest, or one of the greatest, villains ever went down really quick. I expected something like "The streak of green light came hurtling towards him. It seemed everything was lost in translation. Then, he fell." or something else.

Also, after seeing the beginning. I kinda want to know if Harry ever caught up with Dudley? The epilogue left too many holes.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I really am dissapointed that Fred died.The twins were one of my favorite characters.
Im glad Draco wasnt killed which is what I heard before I read the book.He always needs to be there.
neville was awesome.Its good to see his Gran proud of him.
Its all cleared up with the Snape issue.Shame he had to die.
I agree with what someone else said id like a more detailed epilouge.
I also like the role that Grindelwald played.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fact that important characters who everyone liked such as Fred Weasley is what makes the book better. It plays on everyones emotions and can actually make us feel disappointed. Not many other books do that.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I realized that Ive been reading these books for almost 10 years now.Kinda weird how their now over.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
What I would like to see happen...although highly doubt it will: Harry must die in order for Voldemort to die because their lives are so interconnected. I also thought it would be pretty sweet if the last horcrux was Harry's scar. As I stated before though, I don't think JK Rowling has the guts to kill Harry and so I don't think this will happen.
Well looking back, my early prediction wasn't too far off with the last horcrux and Harry almost having to die. All in all, I really enjoyed the ending although I would have liked to see a little Harry/Ginny action before the epilogue. I didn't have too big of a problem with the short epilogue because, while I would have liked to have seen what happened to some of the other characters, I can understand that she wanted to keep it short and not have to start a spin-off series about their adult lives.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I realized that Ive been reading these books for almost 10 years now.Kinda weird how their now over.
Yeah, I know. Usually after I read the latest installment of the series, I would go back and read 1-whatever. Now, it's like a sense of closure.

Old 07-22-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
since no one else seems to think harry is a horcrux, im gonna go ahead and call that he is a horcrux.
I called it.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
I called it.
To a certain extent.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's over :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I didn't want this series to end :(

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
It's over :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I didn't want this series to end :(
Don't worry, it's only a matter of time before "Albus Potter and the Phoenix's Feather is out

Old 07-22-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Main feeling after finishing is sadness that it's all over...
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Don't worry, it's only a matter of time before "Albus Potter and the Phoenix's Feather is out
Of course he will be fighting Malfoy's son Scorpius (who will end up killing Lucius for ditching Voldemort)

Old 07-22-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
Of course he will be fighting Malfoy's son Scorpius (who will end up killing Lucius for ditching Voldemort)
lol. It would be odd though, because since Ron and Hermione got married, there would be no "3rd friend". I just am mad that I finished it, as I really won't read any of the books again probably. It just feels like, everything was just great but unrepeatable. I will probably read the 1st book again, it's an enjoyable book IMO, but 5 and 6 would just serve no purpose. I might as well jump from Goblet of Fire to Deathly Hallows.

I really wish there would be another book she would make. It was fun hypothesizing for a FEW years, what would happen in the next book then reading it finally.

Also, what are your "unanswered questions". JK said that there wouldn't be, but I have a few.

-What happened to Luna?
-What was Dudley's "worst moments" that he experienced with the dementor in Book 5?
-What exactly happened to Fudge, Umbridge, the rest?
-Was Harry publicized after defeating Voldemort? IMO, they should've ended the last chapter with a Daily Prophet article then went to the epilogue.
-Did Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (or whatever) keep running without Fred? Or did Percy take over?

Old 07-22-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

I CAN't BELIEVE IT'S OVER! I'll get over soon enough, but for now, it's just sad to think that the series I've been reading for so long is finally over.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Just a question, a lot of u have finished the book in under 24 hours? And it is 785 pages long. I haven't read 785 pages in my 18 years on earth....so it must be a really good book....
Took me about 15 hours. I was watching Beckham, the Phillies and the NASCAR race in about one swing so I kinda multi-tasked and probably forgot what happened in a few pages.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post

-What happened to Luna?
-What was Dudley's "worst moments" that he experienced with the dementor in Book 5?
-What exactly happened to Fudge, Umbridge, the rest?
-Was Harry publicized after defeating Voldemort? IMO, they should've ended the last chapter with a Daily Prophet article then went to the epilogue.
-Did Weasley's Wizard Wheezes (or whatever) keep running without Fred? Or did Percy take over?
yah Id like to know what happened to the Dursleys afterwards.Obviously what Dudley said and the fact that Petunia wanted to be a witch.
I also heard that someone late in life would be able to do magic.Like a squib.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

What if JK didnt answer those questions and instead left us a cliff hanger.It would be lame if she did that.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Yeah, she did say that doingthisinsteadofwork. There are still some questions I have, so I think she will probably do a "Where are they now" thing or something, on her site that says what happened.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The book was good. The ending could have been fleshed out.

Overall, I'm content.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnít like the epilogue; there were too many loose ends; the main one I wanted to know was did Harry end up being an Auror? I know thatís what he wanted to be when he grew up.
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Spent all day Saturday reading it. Definitely one of the best books in the series. Most of the things everyone was speculating about ahead of time turned out to be painfully obvious. No real twists or surprises in terms of things such as the horcruxes, etc. Only real new ground was covered in the Dumbledore and Snape flashblacks, the explanation given to their motivations was good to learn, even if, again, no real surprises. Loved the pace of the book, starting out with a bang and moving along quickly through the end. Personally, I could've done without the epilogue, would've rather Rowling had just left the future to our imaginations instead of hastily sewing up a few loose ends like that, but did appreciate the humor of her writing there that she'd had to abandon for almost the entire book in order to maintain it's dark and perilous feel.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Question 1: Who Will Live? Who Will Die?
Pretty tough to say. Voldemort will die. Snape and Harry will live. People like luna are hard to place. Neville might be someone who dies. I think Ginny lives because of what JK has came out and said about her. Hagrid will live I don't think harry can talk many more close deaths to him. Ron and Hermoine are toss ups at this point to me.

Question 2: Is Snape Good or Evil?
It's clear that Harry is going to need some help for someone who was/is close to Voldemort. Hermoine is smart but still doesn't have that type of knowledge that dumbledore did persay. After all Snape did make an unbreakable trust with draco's mom...and don't forget the warewolf getting pissed at draco. Snape basically had 3 choices. Let the warewolf/other deatheaters get draco/let volde get draco/or kill dumbledore...It's not like he had the choice...snap has always been a selfish person so he chose himself over dumbledore. I think it's quite obvious that he is good...the catch is how will he gain some of harry's trust.

Question 3: Will Hogwarts Reopen?
Yes, Harry is going to have to get information from there. Hermoine will have to be able to access the library. Harry is going to need to get into the room of requirements because of the tiera and the potions book.

Question 4: Who Winds Up With Whom?
Harry and Ginny should happen imo but I have a feeling it's inevitable.
Ron and Hermoine will be together...something tells me they can't withstand it tho due to some problem that comes up.
Neville and Luna might be a fun one to see happen.

Question 5: /What/Where are the Horcruxes?
1. Tom Riddle's diary - COS
2. Marvolo Gaunt's ring - Gaunt shack
3. Salazar Slytherin's locket - grimauld place
This one seems to be a dead lock to me. It might have went out with mundungus but the locket in grimauld place was this one.
4. Helga Hufflepuff's cup - location is hard for me on this one...i'm going to go with where voldemort first started working...lots of old relics...plus harry has been there before...only logical place i can think of.
5. Rowena Ravenclaw Tiera - gringrotts
This one is a bit of a reach...but this is the mystery. The bill weasley is getting married and mrs. weasley talks about this tiera that they have at grigrotts.
6. Nagini - murder of Frank Bryce in GoF....along with Voldemort.
7. Voldemort - Battle will be at deathly hollows imo.

Question 6: Will Voldemort Be Defeated?
Yes, the question is how...I think it's obvious that it has to be harry. But Harry is not powerful enough to pull it off by himself. Voldemort will be weaked from the horcrux's being destroyed so it'll be interesting.

Question 7: What are the Deathly Hallows?
The grounds at which harry's parents were killed.
Looking back at this I was fairly close. Hit the horcrux locations. For some reason I didn't think Voldy would instill another horcrux iwth a death eater. That one really got me...I guessed wrong on the tiara but i was really on the edge of the one in the RoR anyways. Harry being a horcrux was my initial speculation but I didn't think you could be removed of a horcrux and still live...but I think I was fairly on about that one.

I had absolutely no ideas about the hallows disappointed...but don't think i could have gotten it anyways.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Looking back at this I was fairly close. Hit the horcrux locations. For some reason I didn't think Voldy would instill another horcrux iwth a death eater. That one really got me...I guessed wrong on the tiara but i was really on the edge of the one in the RoR anyways. Harry being a horcrux was my initial speculation but I didn't think you could be removed of a horcrux and still live...but I think I was fairly on about that one.

I had absolutely no ideas about the hallows disappointed...but don't think i could have gotten it anyways.
I'll still write in white.
It would make sense that he put it in the Lestranges vault.After all it was an old very well protected.And Bellatrix was Voldy's most loyal follower.Even then he still wanted it highly protected if he had known that they were hunting down his Horcruxes it would have been near impossible to steal Hufflepuffs cup.