Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished the book and thought it was pretty good

What I wanna know is the experience w/ Dumbledore.Harry didnt die, but how did he get Dumbledore there in his state? And I think that JK left it open maybe so then they could do another book later....maybe. I thought the ending was just kinda not quite what I expected the finale to the book to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the book, a lot. I can't believe it is over... No more adventures at Hogwarts...

I'm really kind of sad.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished it. Great book, probably the best in the series. I loved the Chamber of Secrets inclusion. Though I kind of saw it coming when the sword was stolen and they decided they needed to go back to Howgwars.

I didn't like the epilouge at all. It seemed rushed, pointless, and relatively fairy-tailish with the "His scar had not hurt in 19 years, and that's what he wanted" or something like that. It could have helped portray the losses of Tonks, Remus and Fred. There's really about a sentence where it is stated that Tonks and Remus are dead, and Fred maybe got a paragraph, and you didn't really end up feeling the death like you did Dumbledore's, Moody's, or even Hedwig's. The epilouge could have shown the Ministry being put back together, the stories of the people associated with the Order, the resistance, etc. and, above all, shown what sacrifice truly meant. The ending seemd rushed, but the main part of the book was great.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 07-24-2007 at 04:25 AM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Just finished the book and thought it was pretty good

What I wanna know is the experience w/ Dumbledore.Harry didnt die, but how did he get Dumbledore there in his state? And I think that JK left it open maybe so then they could do another book later....maybe. I thought the ending was just kinda not quite what I expected the finale to the book to be.
It was the Deathly Hallows, was it not?
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Are you talking about the Kings Cross chapter? And about that, I now think that Harry was in a sort of Limbo. Dumbledore said that he could get on the train and move on, or he could go back.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Finished the book, enjoyed it thoroughly. Sad that it's over.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
That's how I read it. Because of the Hallows being combined at that point, remember Draco's wand was the Elder Wand at that point, Harry would have been the master of death at that point. However, the fact that he dropped the resurrection stone in the forest before reaching Voldemort has me still trying to figure that part out as well.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished, I was away at a wedding from Wed-Mon, was sitting at my door when I got back, I cut myself off from all people except to go to work so I wouldn't read any spoilers.

I enjoyed, but its a little weird that there is no more books
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Just finished, I was away at a wedding from Wed-Mon, was sitting at my door when I got back, I cut myself off from all people except to go to work so I wouldn't read any spoilers.

I enjoyed, but its a little weird that there is no more books
I for one hope she puts out a short book describing the aftermath of the events that took place that include a short biography of all the major characters.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isnt Book 7 news, but Naomi Watts has been cast as Narcissa Malfoy in the Half Blood Prince Movie.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
This isnt Book 7 news, but Naomi Watts has been cast as Narcissa Malfoy in the Half Blood Prince Movie.
Good pick for the character. I am anxious to see Greyback.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good pick for the character. I am anxious to see Greyback.
Joseph Fiennes (brother of Ralph Fiennes, who plays Voldemort), and Stuart Townsend have also been added, so maybe one of them.

However, I can easily see them skipping over Greyback. He doesnt do anything essential to the plot at all. As far as I know he bites Lupin as a child (Lupin is barely in the films), hes up on the tower when Snape kills Dumbledore (could easily just have Snape and Malfoy up there), and he bites Bill during the battle (who is never in the films).

Last edited by comahan : 07-24-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder who is going to play various Tom Riddles.

Hitman D

Old 07-24-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that thought they could've done better casting Lupin? I didn't think the description in the book completely fit the movie casting though that is a pretty hard thing to do anyway.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As the 5th movie was PG-13, the 7th might be bordering on an R rating.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Rowling say she wrote the Last 2 or 3 chapters before she wrote the first one somewhere?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Didn't Rowling say she wrote the Last 2 or 3 chapters before she wrote the first one somewhere?
I think she wrote the epilogue like 12 years ago, or something.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think she wrote the epilogue like 12 years ago, or something.
It's probably why she insisted on not expanding it, even though the editor likely suggested it.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

In an interview with the Today Show, JK Rowling revealed who the character is that received a reprieve in Deathly Hallows. Highlight between the arrows to read who it is! --> Arthur Weasley <--

Additionally, Jo announced that she "probably will" create a Harry Potter encyclopedia! From NBC's website:

The encyclopedia would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut for the sake of narrative arc (“I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books”), as well as details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.

Click here to read the full article, including full details on the character reprieve. But BEWARE of spoilers if you haven't read Deathly Hallows yet!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent. All of the people wanting more answers will probably have them.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished. It was good. The King's Cross chapter was weird.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Just finished. It was good. The King's Cross chapter was weird.
I liked it. It provided answers that were left hanging. It reminded me of the scene in Bruce Almighty where he gets hit by the bus, and he talks to god.

Hitman D

Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
That's how I read it. Because of the Hallows being combined at that point, remember Draco's wand was the Elder Wand at that point, Harry would have been the master of death at that point. However, the fact that he dropped the resurrection stone in the forest before reaching Voldemort has me still trying to figure that part out as well.
Remember, Draco was the "controller" of the Elder wand, but it never touched his hands. It went straight from Dumbledore's grave to Voldmort, to Harry. Voldmort had the Elder wand, he just wasn't it's owner if I understood correctly.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
In an interview with the Today Show, JK Rowling revealed who the character is that received a reprieve in Deathly Hallows. Highlight between the arrows to read who it is! --> Arthur Weasley <--

Additionally, Jo announced that she "probably will" create a Harry Potter encyclopedia! From NBC's website:

The encyclopedia would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut for the sake of narrative arc (“I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books”), as well as details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.

Click here to read the full article, including full details on the character reprieve. But BEWARE of spoilers if you haven't read Deathly Hallows yet!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent. All of the people wanting more answers will probably have them.
Nice, Harry Potter is not over yet! I really am wondering how she is going to do the encyclopedia. Hopefully she goes really in depth with the characters, rather then just giving a paragraph on each.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Remember, Draco was the "controller" of the Elder wand, but it never touched his hands. It went straight from Dumbledore's grave to Voldmort, to Harry. Voldmort had the Elder wand, he just wasn't it's owner if I understood correctly.
You are correct in that Voldemort wasnt the true owner. The Elder wand could only be possessed by the winner of a duel or whatnot. Harry beat out Malfoy and got his wand, so because he did, the owner at the time (Malfoy) switched to Harry because Harry had won. Voldemort had control over the wand, just never tapped the full potential of it because he wasnt the true owner

Quote:
Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im just about to read the last chapter and the after-wards part. been a good book so far and looking forward to see how it ends. Some of the deaths made me unhappy, mainly the 1st death known to the readers during the flight(to not give anything away...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote