Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I had heard going into book 7 that one of the big 3 was definitely going to die. Was this just a rumor?
Well if you read the book, you would know ;)

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Well if you read the book, you would know ;)
I know, but I thought that Rowling actually said it (that's what someone told me at least). I was wondering if Harry semi-dieing was an excuse for that or something, or if she just never actually said that.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Last edited by jackalope : 07-31-2007 at 11:13 PM.
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I know, but I thought that Rowling actually said it (that's what someone told me at least). I was wondering if Harry semi-dieing was an excuse for that or something, or if she just never actually said that.
I don't think she actually said that, I just remember the whole "2 people die, 1 gets reprieve"; I guess some added it up to equal 3?

Old 08-01-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think the 7th harry potter movie will do the book justice. mainly because they kinda rushed through the 5th one, and they could get away with it, also with the 6th one. but there is just way to much material in it for a movie
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i loved the book, but some things just got on my nerves:

i hated how often harry gets into some **** and makes it out in the nick of time. Godrics Hollow, Gringotts, when he was flying to tonk's parents house, at the malfoys. It was dramatic but kind of corny.

Epilouge sucked. It basically said, "Harry and Ginny had some kids and Neville is the Herbology professor at hogwarst. Harrys scar didnt hurt anymore"\

but:
I think the Harry-Voldemort battle was just what it should have been. It was obvious that no one besides dumbledoere was on voldy's level, harry wouldnt have stood a chance.

Snapes mempry was the best chapter of the book. It explained alot.

i also enjoyed the Kinggs Cross chapter. And if you ask how dumbldore was there, i belive it was supposed to be a mystery. That was clear when dumbledore said "Of course this is in you head harry, but does that mean it cant be real? or something like that.

just my take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree about the Snape chapter, that was my favorite one. Looks like I'm the only here who actually liked the epilogue though, geez.

Regarding deaths, I was certain that Jo said that 2 characters would die in book 7. Considering she said 1 would die in books 4, 5, and 6 each, I was waiting to see who these 2 were, and I was certain that Voldemort would be one. Turns out that about a dozen characters died, so I'm a little baffled on that whole "2 will die" thing.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Agree about the Snape chapter, that was my favorite one. Looks like I'm the only here who actually liked the epilogue though, geez.

Regarding deaths, I was certain that Jo said that 2 characters would die in book 7. Considering she said 1 would die in books 4, 5, and 6 each, I was waiting to see who these 2 were, and I was certain that Voldemort would be one. Turns out that about a dozen characters died, so I'm a little baffled on that whole "2 will die" thing.
She said 2 manin characters would die. I guess the main characters were Voldemort and Fred since they appeared in name every book. I don't think Hedwig counted even though he was in every book as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So after consideration I have decided to finally name my favourite books in order

HBP
GoF
DH
OotP
PS
CoS
PoA
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the PoA is last, you know this is a great series.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
She said 2 manin characters would die. I guess the main characters were Voldemort and Fred since they appeared in name every book. I don't think Hedwig counted even though he was in every book as well.
what about snape?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

For me it was:

GoF
OotP
PoA
DH
Stone
HBP
CoS

Old 08-02-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
what about snape?
Ahh very true. I somehow forgot about him. So maybe Snape and Voldemort were the 2 main characters then. Who knows for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ahh very true. I somehow forgot about him. So maybe Snape and Voldemort were the 2 main characters then. Who knows for sure.
Maybe she just lied :/

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd need to go search for a link to support this, but I've read interviews with JK regarding the epilogue. Apparently, that was written nearly 15 years ago, one of the first things she ever wrote in the entire series. Rumor has it that the publisher requested that she change it, also feeling it wasn't a good fit, but she refused, so it was left as is.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres the quote:

JKR: “The final chapter is hidden away, although it has now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve , but I have to say two [main characters] die that I didn't intend to die."

The reprieve was Mr. Weasley, she had intended him to die in book 5, but thought that harry had lost enough father figures already.

And in a Q&A the other day, she said the two she hadnt planned on killing off were Lupin and Tonks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
I'd need to go search for a link to support this, but I've read interviews with JK regarding the epilogue. Apparently, that was written nearly 15 years ago, one of the first things she ever wrote in the entire series. Rumor has it that the publisher requested that she change it, also feeling it wasn't a good fit, but she refused, so it was left as is.
That is indeed true, as far as I know.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

bump.

im reading the book and i didnt want this to dissapear sorry guys
Old 08-16-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

NP, alca.

I thought wouldn't the guy who played Daphne's brother Simon on Frasier be the perfect Mundungus? I know he isn't really British; but that would be a pretty good match I think.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i loved the entire bookall the way up until the end. and not just the epilogue. the potter, dark lord fight was stupid. harry should have died if she was going to end the series. he isn't the second coming of christ. he should have been dead 17 years ago and somehow lived through like 4-5 of the same expierences. doesn't make any sense. the epilogue also kinda frustrating. you don't skimp on one of the best series i have ever read by jumping 20 years later or whatever it was.

i do agree with yall that the Snape memory was the best.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the ending should have been a little longer and included more characters since there are so many characters, other than the 5 or 6 they have in the epilogue, that they get in depth with. I guess there's a good amount of closure but I wish there was more. I wasted probably 100 hours reading this book and I wanted a little more info.

I still completely understand why Harry came back to life.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well to be fair, he was never dead.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

me:

DH
POA
OoTP
GoF
HBP
SS
CoS
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I think the ending should have been a little longer and included more characters since there are so many characters, other than the 5 or 6 they have in the epilogue, that they get in depth with. I guess there's a good amount of closure but I wish there was more. I wasted probably 100 hours reading this book and I wanted a little more info.

I still completely understand why Harry came back to life.
The Elder Wand cant harm its own master.But one of Voldemorts horcruxes was in Harry so it was able to kill that.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Veteran

And the reason the wand backfired(but did not kill Voldy at that moment) was because it knocked Harry out while destroying the horocrux, thus it knocked him out.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:35 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JKR came out and said the epilogue was suppose to be like looking out a foggy window. She wanted to give you a little but didn't give you the whole thing. She has planned on doing the what happens later further down the road....I don't understand why people can't just let it be. Hell really she should have never put it in there at all...but then you can only imagine how pissed off people would be not knowing anything.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
JKR came out and said the epilogue was suppose to be like looking out a foggy window. She wanted to give you a little but didn't give you the whole thing. She has planned on doing the what happens later further down the road....I don't understand why people can't just let it be. Hell really she should have never put it in there at all...but then you can only imagine how pissed off people would be not knowing anything.
I didn't care about the epilouge sucking as much as the ending of the book. "I wonder if Kreacher will make me a sandwich" is not the ending I wanted to read for the ending novel in the greatest book series of all time.