Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I'll be locked in a room from midnight when i get a copy at wal-mart till i finish it...
That's me, as well.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i saw the 5th movie last night, and didnt think too highly of it. It had some good scenes and some were greatly depicted, but they left alot out, and changed it around. i know they're pressed for time and such, but leaving out Quidditch as a whole? like no mention of it at all?? ron made the team, harry and the twins got thrown off, yet no mention of it. also, they didnt even throw Hermione and Ron became prefects... and Cho didnt tell Umbridge about D.A., it was her friend, whom, after telling, had her face covered in zits spelling out SNITCH.

also, when did Dean become black? he was white in the last 4 movies.(I'm not racist, but thats a big change)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i saw the 5th movie last night, and didnt think too highly of it. It had some good scenes and some were greatly depicted, but they left alot out, and changed it around. i know they're pressed for time and such, but leaving out Quidditch as a whole? like no mention of it at all?? ron made the team, harry and the twins got thrown off, yet no mention of it. also, they didnt even throw Hermione and Ron became prefects... and Cho didnt tell Umbridge about D.A., it was her friend, whom, after telling, had her face covered in zits spelling out SNITCH.

also, when did Dean become black? he was white in the last 4 movies.(I'm not racist, but thats a big change)
yeah.. it had quite a few issues and left a lot out, also making the longest book the shortest movie didn't equate.. that being said.. it was still a good movie

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I quit 10 pages into the first book. Something about a street during the night, with a witch or something.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really enjoyed the movie as well. I haven't read the books past #2, but my girlfriend is a Harry Potter fanatic (she re-reads all of the novels every summer), so i've heard about a lot that has been left out.

She liked the movie, but also agrees that they left out a lot of important information.

Just my humble and mostly un-informed opinion.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dean has always been black in the films. In GoF hes the one at the table when Moody walks in that asks what an Auror is.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the movie last night and it was pretty good but not amazing. The Order of The Pheonix wasn't the best book in the series to convert to a movie because it lacked action at times. The 4th movie was godly though. The last 2 should be pretty good considering the events that take place in the respective books.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent seen Order of the Phoenix yet, but I accepted a long time ago that they had to water down the plots and leave out some of the fun moments of the books to fit everything into their 2~ hour movie. They were able to pretty much get 1 and 2 right plotwise (too bad the kids sucked at acting then), but thats because of the shortness of the length of the book and lack of 10,000 subplots floating around like you have in the rest of them.

EDIT: To the post above. I too enjoyed GoF as a movie, though they had to cut half of the storylines, which ruined one of the best book endings ever. Still, good movie in itself.

Last edited by comahan : 07-12-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Dean has always been black in the films. In GoF hes the one at the table when Moody walks in that asks what an Auror is.
ohh ok. i was confusing Dean and Seamus. my bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I guess it was a good idea not to reread the book before the movie came out...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
RexGrossmans-cheesecake
Veteran

RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.RexGrossmans-cheesecake could make a wolverine purr.

My friend said Daniel Radcliffe was on "The Today Show" and he said he was quitting the movies or something???

Thanks BoneKrusher!
RexGrossmans-cheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should bring back the director who did PoA, best movie so fat.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the part where the Ministry came to Dumbledore and said they were going to take him to Azkaban. And, well, Dumbledore said no thanks.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I love the part where the Ministry came to Dumbledore and said they were going to take him to Azkaban. And, well, Dumbledore said no thanks.
Kingsley Shacklebolt is an O.G.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexGrossmans-cheesecake View Post
My friend said Daniel Radcliffe was on "The Today Show" and he said he was quitting the movies or something???

I did hear that this one was the last one being made because he didn't want to continue. IMO, they should've made this one and the 6th book at the same time LOTR style and jumped straight into production of the 7th the moment the book came out.

Its kind of stupid and arrogant on his part if he wants to leave the series before its complete. Realistically he's standing to lose a buttload of money for a career that might not lead to anything. IMO the only decent actor in the harry potter movies is Alan Rickman as Snape and the dude who played Mad Eye Moody. Hermoine and Ron aren't too bad and Lucius' actor plays a good part but really the acting is pretty sub par from the main characters.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I did hear that this one was the last one being made because he didn't want to continue. IMO, they should've made this one and the 6th book at the same time LOTR style and jumped straight into production of the 7th the moment the book came out.

Its kind of stupid and arrogant on his part if he wants to leave the series before its complete. Realistically he's standing to lose a buttload of money for a career that might not lead to anything. IMO the only decent actor in the harry potter movies is Alan Rickman as Snape and the dude who played Mad Eye Moody. Hermoine and Ron aren't too bad and Lucius' actor plays a good part but really the acting is pretty sub par from the main characters.
pretty sure thats a false rumor. the last two books already have pages on imdb
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Im pretty sure the only one of the 3 main characters that there were questions about was Emma Watson as Hermione, but she ended up signing on for the last 2, i believe,

Old 07-13-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Classic line by Shacklebolt:
"You may not like him, but you gotta admit.....Dumbledore's got style."
Old 07-13-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the movie pretty good.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just reread the 6th book today so now I am pumped for the 7th! Hopefully NCAA 08 will hold me over until the 7th book comes out. I am just wondering, are we certain that the Ravenclaw tiara is a horcrux or is this just people assuming?

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish that they had of cast christopher lee as dumbledore, he would've been ******* bad ass.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:20 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
I just reread the 6th book today so now I am pumped for the 7th! Hopefully NCAA 08 will hold me over until the 7th book comes out. I am just wondering, are we certain that the Ravenclaw tiara is a horcrux or is this just people assuming?
just assumption

Old 07-14-2007, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i saw the movie and they seriuosly should have seriuosly added like 30 minutes to the movie (still would be under 3 hrs).... A lot were missing and the acting was pretty subpar. Sirius' death was horribly done... Dumbledore's talk with Harry at the end of the book was epic.. in the movie it was prtty lame. As someone mentioned.. where was quidditch ..There was so much drama regarding quidditch w/Ron joining and harry/the brothers getting off the team... also, hermoine and ron being prefects adds to the drama... it had to be mentioned ... at least a little

I do give credit to the dumbledore/voldemort scene. That was pretty cooool i liked it. I also liked it when the Order came.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:21 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

You know re-reading the 5th and 6th book, I think JK Rowling really missed some stuff with the power of the death eaters and Aurors, they get beaten by teenagers too easily and aurors for supposedly highly trained elite force seem to get their ass kicked a lot.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
It's the only known artifact of Ravenclaw, so it's just an assumption.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote