Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-14-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
You know re-reading the 5th and 6th book, I think JK Rowling really missed some stuff with the power of the death eaters and Aurors, they get beaten by teenagers too easily and aurors for supposedly highly trained elite force seem to get their ass kicked a lot.
you forget these books were made for kids.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
you forget these books were made for kids.
IMO, the first book is separate from the series. According to JK the 2-7 are all the same story just different parts of it. I think she started out making a kids book but later shifted to a book more aimed at all ages, hence there's now childrens books and adult versions.

I honestly believe she decided half way through the series to make them more mature in themes. Yeah they're targetted at young adults, but not at the expense of making them enjoyable for all ages.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

just saw the movie and like always it just doesnt compare to the book. but i must say the battle scenes at the end were awesome.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IMO, the first book is separate from the series. According to JK the 2-7 are all the same story just different parts of it. I think she started out making a kids book but later shifted to a book more aimed at all ages, hence there's now childrens books and adult versions.

I honestly believe she decided half way through the series to make them more mature in themes. Yeah they're targetted at young adults, but not at the expense of making them enjoyable for all ages.
yeah, but look at it like this:
I started reading the books around when I was in 4th grade (11), which is when Harry Potter starts. As I am getting older, so is Harry. I think that may have some play into it, cause as you get older, and more mature, the book and characters do too. **just wanted to point that out**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only other possible ravenclaw artifact that even seems to be on the map is the wand on the purple pillow in the first book in Olivanders shop. People think that Olivander was taken by the DeathEaters to make wands for them. And also keep the alliance from being able to get new ones. This would also make place for where Voldy would put a horcrux..because it is and important moment for him...gaining his wand. The only thing that doesn't make sense is...why would voldy put a horcrux where anyone had access to it. That right there is enough for me to not buy into it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we know there's 6 horcruxes.

1. Is the ring of morfin's. (destroyed)
2. Is the Cup from Hufflepuff
3. Is the snake Ngini
4. Is the diary (destroyed)
5. Is slytherin's locket (unknown)
6. Is either an artifact of Griffindor's or Ravenclaw's

So it could be anything of Ravenclaw's or Griffindors.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
just saw the movie and like always it just doesnt compare to the book. but i must say the battle scenes at the end were awesome.
Agreed, the battles at the end were sweet, serious and harry detroying Malifoy was awesome, however i wish the fight between voldermourt and Dumbledore was more like the book, with the statues coming to life and protecting harry, but regardless, great end to a sub par movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, so I read books 1-4 in like a 2 month span when I was in middle school then randomly went and saw the movie today because I was bored and women were involved but I had no idea what was going on lol.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well we know there's 6 horcruxes.

1. Is the ring of morfin's. (destroyed)
2. Is the Cup from Hufflepuff
3. Is the snake Ngini
4. Is the diary (destroyed)
5. Is slytherin's locket (unknown)
6. Is either an artifact of Griffindor's or Ravenclaw's

So it could be anything of Ravenclaw's or Griffindors.
Well, those are Dumbledore's opinion of which items are horcruxes. I still dont see Nagini as one, personally. The other i basically agree with. #6 is mostly assumed to be the Tiara because of what Thule has said throughout this thread.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hated the movie. It was way too rushed. Now people who haven't read the book probably thought it was a decent movie, but if you read the book, they skipped so much. They didn't use the coins for Dumbledore's army, as others have said Quiditch was left out, I felt they didn't put nearly as much importance on the Order of the Phoenix, and Ron said like 5 long lines throughout the movie. I just think they needed to make it longer and add in some of the minor details that made the book so great. I liked the battle scenes but that was it.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw the movie last night . . . it was a worthless piece of crap.

The books, however, are genius.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you rank the six Harry Potter books that have come out thus far?

For me, it'd probably be something like this...

1. Half Blood Prince
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Sorceror's Stone
6. Order of the Phoenix

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post

1. Half Blood Prince
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Sorceror's Stone
6. Order of the Phoenix
My opinion on which books are better change every time I read through them. atm, id say...

1. Goblet of Fire
2. Half Blood Prince
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Order of the Phoenix
5. Sorcerers/Philosophers Stone
6. Chamber of Secrets

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Half Blood Prince
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Sorceror's Stone
6. Order of the Phoenix
That's almost exactly how I'd put them except I think I'd switch Sorcerer's Stone with Order of the Phoenix.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Half Blood Prince
2. Goblet of Fire
3. Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Sorceror's Stone
6. Order of the Phoenix
For me, it looks like this:

1) Prisoner of Azkaban (why, I am not entirely sure)
2) Order of the Phoenix
3) Goblet of Fire
4) Chamber of Secrets
5) Half Blood Prince
6) Sorceror's Stone
Old 07-15-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
For me, it looks like this:

1) Prisoner of Azkaban (why, I am not entirely sure)
2) Order of the Phoenix
3) Goblet of Fire
4) Chamber of Secrets
5) Half Blood Prince
6) Sorceror's Stone
Really? Half Blood Prince was definitely my favorite. Why do you have it ranked so low (I know people have different opinions but I just want to know)?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm, I don't want to read through all 8 pages...but has anyone realized that some fine looking girls have been picked out for the movies??

Even Luna is above average

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Actually, you're a bit off. As her audience grew up, so did her books. Instead of changing her target audience, she allowed her writing to evolve as their reading skills did. Those who read and found the first book interested, despite being much older, can still read and find the last one interesting.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
BuffaloDraftGeek
Rookie

BuffaloDraftGeek hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As far as ranking the books. First let me say, the first 3 and the last 3 I view as completely different. So, for the first 3, I'd have to say 3, 1, then 2. I wasn't a big fan of COS. As far as the last, more involved 3.

Half-blood Prince: Just simply the best, most involved book, IMO.
Goblet of Fire: Absolutely loved it. First really deep and involved book. Plus, had a unique story outline.
Order of the Pheonix: Never liked this one, because the first half of the book is just harry going through depression, got boring.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing how hopeless the seventh book looks, after re-reading the sixth book. What with Dumbledore gone, Bill injured, etc., and the seemingly insurmountable task at hand at finding, and destroying the remaining horcruxes. Not to mention the fact that they have to find someway to kill Voldemort after the horcruxes are destroyed.

Hitman D

Old 07-16-2007, 06:49 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
It's amazing how hopeless the seventh book looks, after re-reading the sixth book. What with Dumbledore gone, Bill injured, etc., and the seemingly insurmountable task at hand at finding, and destroying the remaining horcruxes. Not to mention the fact that they have to find someway to kill Voldemort after the horcruxes are destroyed.
I wouldn't be surprised if after a few horcruxes went boom Voldemort came looking for a blue.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if after a few horcruxes went boom Voldemort came looking for a blue.
Voldemort can't feel the Horcruxes being destroyed.

Hitman D

Old 07-16-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

It doesnt mean that Voldemort wont check up on his Horcruxes.And didnt Snape have to cure Dumbledore after he got Marvolos ring?Any chance he knew what was going on?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Snape did cure DD. The thing is I can't seem to remember if DD had to tell snape how it happened in order for Snape to cure it. I'm reading a book 7 fanfict and it appears that Snape did know about the horcrux's but I don't buy it. Because DD said to Harry in HBP that they were the only two that knew about the Horcrux's.

Speaking of which...is there anyone in here who does infact think Snape is on the dark side? I'd like to see opinions of people who think he is.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Yes Snape did cure DD. The thing is I can't seem to remember if DD had to tell snape how it happened in order for Snape to cure it. I'm reading a book 7 fanfict and it appears that Snape did know about the horcrux's but I don't buy it. Because DD said to Harry in HBP that they were the only two that knew about the Horcrux's.

Speaking of which...is there anyone in here who does infact think Snape is on the dark side? I'd like to see opinions of people who think he is.
I just don't like the guy so I just hope he is evil so he can get his ass kicked. Based on what I've seen people saying, he is probably good, but I hope not.