Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-20-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard like 740

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is 784.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the book has been released in the UK, and will be released in a bit more than 5 hours in the US. I suppose that we can now start discussing the actual book and what happens.

I tagged the thread as Book 7 Discussion with Results, hopefully that'll keep people out who want to read the book before seeing what happens.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will make sure not to look in this thread again then

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so are all the internet rumors of ron, lupin, percy, snape and voldemort dying true??? i don't really read the books and i don't want to wait to see the damn movie in 09, my g/f is reading the book now and will give the details i'm just wondering if these "spoilers" are correct.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
so are all the internet rumors of ron, lupin, percy, snape and voldemort dying true??? i don't really read the books and i don't want to wait to see the damn movie in 09, my g/f is reading the book now and will give the details i'm just wondering if these "spoilers" are correct.
They are not completely accurate, no. One reason for this, was there were a few extremely well written fan fictions, where people wrote their own versions of book 7, and people got ahold of them and posted them everywhere online saying it was the real book.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like i will be reading my first harry potter then, i hate people who make stuff up. i guess the only for sure thing is voldemort and ron, i'm almost positive they're both gone.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post

SPOILER BELOW IN WHITE

Lupin and Tonks die, Ron survives, Fred gets killed by a giant I think Snape gets killed by voldemort if you want more, Percy comes back and fights well PM me.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Book 7 talk in white;

[ What did you think of the actual Hallows? They turned out to be quite the opposite of what I expected them to be. ]

Old 07-20-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a little surprised but I thought it fit in nicely with the story, pretty cool infact how if you think about it Harry and Voldemort are like cousins a few times removed. I liked what they did with dumbledore and snape's characters especially. I really thought the epilogue was wishy washy and a bit over done, like she rushed to get it finished. The fight in the castle was cool as **** though

Old 07-20-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I was a little surprised but I thought it fit in nicely with the story, pretty cool infact how if you think about it Harry and Voldemort are like cousins a few times removed. I liked what they did with dumbledore and snape's characters especially. I really thought the epilogue was wishy washy and a bit over done, like she rushed to get it finished. The fight in the castle was cool as **** though
Response below;

[ I give the epilogue a pass for being wishy washy and kiddish, its a chapter (kinda) about kids going to Hogwarts for the first time, the kids conversations, and the parents talking to the kids, so its naturally going to be a bit wishy washy, though, the name 'Albus Severus Potter" will never sound right, no matter how much I hear it.

I liked the Dumbledore's past subplot, and loved the Grindelwald part of it. Going into the book, I really hadnt considered how much new stuff she'd add, as opposed to simply tying up loose ends, finding horcruxes, and having a final battle.

Im always a huge fan for storylines like the Hallows one, legendary items and what not, no matter how many times its used, usually draws me in. I loved Ron's almost sarcastic lust of the Elder Wand, and Hermione just flat out refusing the existence of the items. it fits their characters perfectly.

Snape's character as a whole is great, and though I had an idea that he was probably good, I didnt think of him one bit when I was thinking of who the Doe Patronus belonged to.

One of my only complaints is lack of people like Ginny and Malfoy, I understand why they couldnt be in a large portion, but they were built up as important characters and really didnt do that much. To my knowledge all Ginny did was almost get killed, causing Mrs. Weasley to go crazy on Bella, which was awesome btw. And all Malfoy did was lose his wand, which turned out to be the Elder Wand. But all in all, oh well. Neville got a shining moment, which i was hoping for. He was like, the leader of the schools rebellion, and he killed Nagini, which was another great moment.
]

Old 07-21-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i should tell my mom abuot this hahaha..just to piss her off
Old 07-21-2007, 05:06 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
i should tell my mom abuot this hahaha..just to piss her off
Yes, because thats hilarious.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished the book then and thoroughly enjoyed it. A fitting ending in my opinion.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any possibility i could find a copy in stores today? i'd bet they're all sold out in all book stores but any non-book stores that may carry them that people wouldnt look for them? im soo pi$$ed i didnt reserve one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

go to target, they had tons and didn't stay open till midnite.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Just got my copy from Amazon. I suppose i could re-read it...

Old 07-21-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is the book good? i just picked it up and will probably have it finished tonight
Old 07-21-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you guys read so much in so little time? Anyway I think it woulda been really cool if Harry died in some awesome gruesome way and then they showed it when the movie came out. That woulda been sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how long did it take everyone who finished? it took me about 10-11 hours of reading.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little after 2 until 10 30 tonight. With bathroom breaks and dinner.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished. Spoilers below in white

When Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix, that might have been my favorite moment in a book ever. It was like something out of ******* Jerry Springer.

I kinda liked the ending, but I wish at least one of the main characters could've died. It was cool what they did with Snape, but instead of kill off an annoying main character (Hermione), they kill off my favorite character (Fred) and I liked Lupin and Tonks too, which sucks. Why couldn't she kill off Wormtail? Noone likes him.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Finished reading it a little while ago. I couldn't haved asked for more, really. The Dumbledore-Grindelwald sideplot was probably my favorite part of the book, sans possibly the "The Prince's Tale", or something of that sort, chapter. The blemish on the what looked like perfect mentor in Dumbledore was wonderfully done. It left me really wishing we had gotten a pensieve memory or something of the sort describing the duel between the two.

rainbeaukid

Last edited by Javzz : 07-22-2007 at 02:38 AM.
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post

When Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix, that might have been my favorite moment in a book ever. It was like something out of ******* Jerry Springer.

I kinda liked the ending, but I wish at least one of the main characters could've died. It was cool what they did with Snape, but instead of kill off an annoying main character (Hermione), they kill off my favorite character (Fred) and I liked Lupin and Tonks too, which sucks. Why couldn't she kill off Wormtail? Noone likes him.
You don't consider Voldemort a main character?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:25 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post

yeah Lupin and Tonks getting killed was kind of WTF?