Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was once sitting watching sorgi play and he threw a pass so hard it came out of the TV and knocked me off my chair
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
i was once sitting watching sorgi play and he threw a pass so hard it came out of the TV and knocked me off my chair
Not surprising one bit. That's what Jim Sorgi does. Jim Sorgi has been known to throw a ball so hard that even God, a great WR in his own right, dropped.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Not surprising one bit. That's what Jim Sorgi does. Jim Sorgi has been known to throw a ball so hard that even God, a great WR in his own right, dropped.
seeing as god = jim sorgi

its amazing he managed to run ahead of his own rocket like pass
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Sorgi was originally cast in "Independance Day" and was going to throw rocket passes at Aliens.

Unfortunately.. He really had to save the world... Thats why Will Smith got a job.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I agree with #1.No LJ= KC being screwed LJ is the most valuable member on the team
First let me start off by saying that LJ is a very valuable player and without him the chiefs might not win a single game. However the way i see it the Chiefs dont have any chance to win the AFC West this year, not with the chargers and broncos standing in their way. Now dont get me wrong mircales do happen, but i wouldnt bet on a bench player like huard leading the team to the playoffs. I thought that an indispensible palyer is one that without him his team does not win whereas if they do have him his team succeeds. But the way i see it, the chiefs either lose with him on the team, or lose without him. Now as far as next year goes, LJ isnt even close to the most indispensible player in the league because it doesnt really matter if he plays or not the teams gonna lose. not to mention hes holding out for more money and has had some problems with his attitude. I'm sure everyone remembers coach vermeil calling a baby or something like that just because LJ was complaining about not getting carries when they had priest holmes.

In my opinion a real indespensible player is someone like drew brees. The saints have a good core but without that guy to run the team they go from super bowl contender to losing record. Hopefully i've completed this post in a concise enough manner so i pass the post-police's thorough inspection.
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
First let me start off by saying that LJ is a very valuable player and without him the chiefs might not win a single game. However the way i see it the Chiefs dont have any chance to win the AFC West this year, not with the chargers and broncos standing in their way. Now dont get me wrong mircales do happen, but i wouldnt bet on a bench player like huard leading the team to the playoffs. I thought that an indispensible palyer is one that without him his team does not win whereas if they do have him his team succeeds. But the way i see it, the chiefs either lose with him on the team, or lose without him. Now as far as next year goes, LJ isnt even close to the most indispensible player in the league because it doesnt really matter if he plays or not the teams gonna lose. not to mention hes holding out for more money and has had some problems with his attitude. I'm sure everyone remembers coach vermeil calling a baby or something like that just because LJ was complaining about not getting carries when they had priest holmes.

In my opinion a real indespensible player is someone like drew brees. The saints have a good core but without that guy to run the team they go from super bowl contender to losing record. Hopefully i've completed this post in a concise enough manner so i pass the post-police's thorough inspection.

They may lose games with him in their. But the games the win are directly correlated with his BEING on the field. The loss of Trent Green freed up 7 mil. Herm likes LJ, likes the beastliness of LJ. Lj was called a baby by whom? The coach that is not their. HE HAD an attitude problem when he was the 2nd man. Now he is the 1st man. Charecter issues are just blown out of porportion about LJ.

LJ's Agent: "I canít say that we are close to a deal now, but Larry wants to be a Chief for life and the Chiefs are a great organization, and I am optimistic that we will come to an agreement."

But yes he is the most valuable member to one team.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
They may lose games with him in their. But the games the win are directly correlated with his BEING on the field. The loss of Trent Green freed up 7 mil. Herm likes LJ, likes the beastliness of LJ. Lj was called a baby by whom? The coach that is not their. HE HAD an attitude problem when he was the 2nd man. Now he is the 1st man. Charecter issues are just blown out of porportion about LJ.

LJ's Agent: "I canít say that we are close to a deal now, but Larry wants to be a Chief for life and the Chiefs are a great organization, and I am optimistic that we will come to an agreement."

But yes he is the most valuable member to one team.
I don't buy it. Runningbacks are a dime a dozen in the NFL and they can be replaced easily.

Quarterbacks are the most indespensable player on the majority of teams. Peyton Manning is easily more important to the Colts than LJ is to the Chiefs.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I don't buy it. Runningbacks are a dime a dozen in the NFL and they can be replaced easily.

Quarterbacks are the most indespensable player on the majority of teams. Peyton Manning is easily more important to the Colts than LJ is to the Chiefs.
Moses you are 100% right, quarterbacks are the most indespenable part of an NFL team. Do the Colts win a Super bowl without Peyton Manning???? Do the Patriots have 3 Super Bowls without Tom Brady??? Do the Eagles go to all those NFC Championship Games without McNabb??? No, No, and No

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
49erfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Moses you are 100% right, quarterbacks are the most indespenable part of an NFL team. Do the Colts win a Super bowl without Peyton Manning???? Do the Patriots have 3 Super Bowls without Tom Brady??? Do the Eagles go to all those NFC Championship Games without McNabb??? No, No, and No
Could the Bears get to the Super Bowl with some one other than Grossman? Do the Ravens win the superbowl without Trent Dilfer? yes and yes. Also look how well the Chargers did last year after replacing Drew Brees.

I'll agree that because of all the responsibility a QB has, in most cases they are the most indespensable. However, the three teams you listed had offenses built around the QB. An elite running back cannot be underrated. The 49ers wouldn't have won even 5 games last year if it wasn't for Frank Gore, I doubt the Chargers would have reached 13 without LT, and I can nearly guarentee the Cheifs don't sniff the playoffs without Johnson
Old 07-13-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates should be taken out for LT

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfanatic View Post
Could the Bears get to the Super Bowl with some one other than Grossman? Do the Ravens win the superbowl without Trent Dilfer? yes and yes. Also look how well the Chargers did last year after replacing Drew Brees.

I'll agree that because of all the responsibility a QB has, in most cases they are the most indespensable. However, the three teams you listed had offenses built around the QB. An elite running back cannot be underrated. The 49ers wouldn't have won even 5 games last year if it wasn't for Frank Gore, I doubt the Chargers would have reached 13 without LT, and I can nearly guarentee the Cheifs don't sniff the playoffs without Johnson
Teams like the Bears and Ravens are in the minority. Grossman played well in spurts last year and that's when the Bears were at their best. Dilfer was a good game manager and had the support of one of the best defences of all-time.

You still cannot tell me that LJ means more to his team than Manning, Brady, Brees, etc.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Teams like the Bears and Ravens are in the minority. Grossman played well in spurts last year and that's when the Bears were at their best. Dilfer was a good game manager and had the support of one of the best defences of all-time.

You still cannot tell me that LJ means more to his team than Manning, Brady, Brees, etc.
I just dont think its an argument cause the NFL is centered around teams that make the playoffs and in the chiefs case they most likely wont. So is LJ the most indispensible player in the league? no. Is he the most indispensible player on a non-playoff team.. sure maybe, but how do you measure that? 7 wins and not making the playoffs is more successful then 3 wins and not making the playoffs.. its all the same to me.
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Gates should be taken out for LT
Well the reason they didn't include LT is because of Turner.

Remember that this isn't the best players list.

With that said, Gates isn't that important to a team with a great D and the best RB in the NFL.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote