Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-19-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Henne was mobile enough to help put 39 points against you guys last year.
how again does that prove he's mobile?

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
how again does that prove he's mobile?
I was merely pointing out that mobility isn't the biggest of our concerns. If you can drop 39 on Ohio State in the Shoe you don't need to be Vince Young. Of course being Vince Young means you would actually win that game, but details, details.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
BadgerMike
Rookie

BadgerMike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wisconsin will rely heavily on a stout and stingy defense to keep them in most games. The offense should be adequate bot not spetacular. Whoever wins the QB position will be asked to manage the offense whereas do not make too many mistakes.

This should be a 4 horse race in the Big Ten between OSU, UM, PSU and the Badgers. As 1 poster has mentioned I also think there will be a strong possibility we see Co-Champions this coming season.

I predict a 10-2 season for Wisconsin. If they had a senior QB like UM I would place them at 11-1.
BadgerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerMike View Post
Wisconsin will rely heavily on a stout and stingy defense to keep them in most games. The offense should be adequate bot not spetacular. Whoever wins the QB position will be asked to manage the offense whereas do not make too many mistakes.

This should be a 4 horse race in the Big Ten between OSU, UM, PSU and the Badgers. As 1 poster has mentioned I also think there will be a strong possibility we see Co-Champions this coming season.

I predict a 10-2 season for Wisconsin. If they had a senior QB like UM I would place them at 11-1.
With the losses coming to?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
BadgerMike
Rookie

BadgerMike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
With the losses coming to?
OSU and PSU are the 2 teams in which stand out as potential losses because they are road games. Now if somehow Wisconsin pulls out the big road win at OSU, they could possibly let down a bit vs UM the next week at home.

The only possible chance I see the Badgers winning the Big Ten is winning 1 of the road games I have mentioned and taking care of UM at home. But in the past when Wisconsin was expected to field a team in which should have contended for the Big Ten Crown they always seem to play poorly. Time will tell.

Last edited by BadgerMike : 07-22-2007 at 08:24 AM.
BadgerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerMike View Post
OSU and PSU are the 2 teams in which stand out as potential losses because they are road games. Now if somehow Wisconsin pulls out the big road win at OSU, they could possibly let down a bit vs UM the next week at home.

The only possible chance I see the Badgers winning the Big Ten is winning 1 of the road games I have mentioned and taking care of UM at home. But in the past when Wisconsin was expected to field a team in which should have contended for the Big Ten Crown they always seem to play poorly. Time will tell.
How would losing to UM be a letdown? Michigan has arguably the most talent this year in the Large Diez.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How would losing to UM be a letdown? Michigan has arguably the most talent this year in the Large Diez.
It would be an unhappy moment to lose to the Wolverines but not as bad as if we were to lose to tOSU or PSU

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It would be an unhappy moment to lose to the Wolverines but not as bad as if we were to lose to tOSU or PSU
Not sure I understand why.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I think the Standings will end up:

1. Michigan
2. Ohio State
3. Wisconsin
4. Penn State
5. Iowa
6. Indiana
7. Illinois
8. Purdue
9. Michigan State
10. Minnesota
11. Northwestern

I think OSU/Wisconsin/PSU are all close (i.e. PSU beats OSU, Wisc beats PSU, OSU beats Wisconsin).
Have you seen Northwestern's schedule? They have the easiest one in all of the big ten, and they have improved from last year. I think 6-7 wins would be pretty hard for Northwestern not to do.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Have you seen Northwestern's schedule? They have the easiest one in all of the big ten, and they have improved from last year. I think 6-7 wins would be pretty hard for Northwestern not to do.
I did, and after Sutton, they still aren't good enough. Illinois and Indiana will make a jump, NW won't.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did, and after Sutton, they still aren't good enough. Illinois and Indiana will make a jump, NW won't.
blasphemy. NW has a much better defense this year, and will have a much better passing game as well. Plus, Fitz will have another year of head coaching under his belt. Be prepared to eat crow! ;)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Not sure I understand why.
I don't want to put words in his mouth, but my guess would be because they play OSU and PSU on the road, two very difficult places to win. They get UM at home in front of what should be a wild home crowd.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
blasphemy. NW has a much better defense this year, and will have a much better passing game as well. Plus, Fitz will have another year of head coaching under his belt. Be prepared to eat crow! ;)
I'll admit that I haven't spent much time reading about the bottom half of the Big 10 and my little conference breakdown probably wasn't well informed when it came to those teams.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm interested to see how those two latter teams progress b/c I feel the same way about them and I like their young QBs, Williams and Lewis

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote