Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-07-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Favorite Team's 2007 Record?

My team is the Gophers, im very sorry to admit. If I had to guess I would say 5-6 with the possibility of going 6-5. Nothing over 6 wins. Most mags have us at around 10th in the conference, but thats basically the case every year, Pinnix should be a stud this year, and hey, Tony Mortenson can't be worse than Cupito, right?

So yeah, I would be happy with a 6-5 record, but realistically I'd guess somewhere in the 4-7 or 5-6 range. Although I have some high hopes for this team in the next 5 years, looks like Tim Brewster actually gives a **** about this team. Unlike that P.O.S Glen Mason.

Last edited by yo123 : 11-26-2011 at 04:14 AM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iowa hawkeyes: 10-2.

very realistic as we have an amazingly easy schedule...with only losses to PSU and Wisconsin foreseeable...although, Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa State I can see giving us a scare and possibly an upset

We have to break in a new QB in Christensen who, with more experience, looks like he has the same winning character as Tate, only less flamboyant. we also break in basically a whole new OL, there are a handful of players with experience but no outstanding OL. we have potentially a top big ten 1-2 combo backfield with Young and Sims and a lot of potential with a young WR core.

We return what should be the best DL in all of the Big 10, but is by far the most experienced, although often injured and underachieving...our only question marks are in the secondary, which can cause alot of problems if we can't improve from last year

overall...10-2 is definately not out of the question for this year's team, but we might get caught overlooking teams who have been bottom dwellers for in recent memory (Illinois, Indiana) and could easily fall to 8-4 or 7-5...but the Hawkeye fans are expecting big things this year

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9-3 or 10-2, ACC Champs.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
9-3 or 10-2, ACC Champs.
never mind.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alabama: 7-5, 8-4

A favorable in-conference schedule leads to a substantial improvement over last year's win-total, and pulls the team into a more well-known Bowl Game then the PetroSun Independence Bowl.

Still, it'll take a while for Saban to really establish his system. If he's smart, he'll give more free reign to Major Applewhite then he did to Jimbo Fisher while he was in LSU--- he got away with being conservative because of the absurd talent that he had, but he's building from the ground-up now.

Last edited by JT Jag : 07-07-2007 at 11:33 PM.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
9-3 or 10-2, ACC Champs.

For Florida State? Thats some wishful thinking. Best case scenario imo for you guys is about 8-4, maybe 7-5. You guys have a brutal schedule. You have to go to Florida, Wake Forest, Clemson, Virginia Tech, and Boston College.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LSU

11-1 SEC Champs

NC contenders
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

LSU should go 10-2 at the very worst, with 11-1 or 12-0 distinctly possible.

All the tough games are at home except for Alabama. If they can get by Virginia Tech in week 2 the season could be special.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:19 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

I feel Vandy going anywhere from 8-4 to 4-8. If we could get some luck(arkansas game last year) i think we will get our first bowl since.....i dont know
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:23 AM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

6-6, 7-5, hopefully that'll lead to a winnable bowl bid.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:28 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clemson 10-2

Hard games at home. We could easily just go 7-5.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ole Miss 5-6 at best, probably 4-7. It is tough to do much in this conference, plus they are going to be relying a lot on young talent this year.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know who my favorite college team is, probably OSU or Miami but I'm not sure...

I don't know enough about either team right now to predict either, so they'll go both undefeated and play for it all...

Ya, right.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

7-5/8-4 thanks to the 4th easiest schedule in the nation.

vs Indiana State - W
@ Western Michigan - W
vs Akron - W
vs Illinois - W
@ Iowa - L
vs Minnesota - L
@ Michigan State - W
vs Penn State - L
@ Wisconsin - L
vs Ball State - W
@ Northwestern - W
vs Purdue - W

Play 13 baby!

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas - 11-1.

Alabama -8-4
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
miketomczak

Pitt 8-4, maybe 9-3???
Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sep. 1 Florida Int'l w
Sep. 8 Notre Dame w
Sep. 15 Buffalo w
Sep. 22 at Michigan l
Sep. 29 at Illinois w
Oct. 6 Iowa w
Oct. 13 Wisconsin close game but i think we pull it off w
Oct. 20 at Indiana w
Oct. 27 Ohio State l
Nov. 3 Purdue w
Nov. 10 at Temple w
Nov. 17 at Michigan State w

10-2 at best...if clausen is really the real deal and the d is good which i dont think it is,then notre dame will win but i dont see that.

other then that i see us wining every game besides michigan and osu..we may lose to wisconsin but those games are always close.

if we lose to wisconsin we will be 9-3

Last edited by Hines : 07-08-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USF
Elon - W
@ Auburn - L
North Carolina - W
West Virginia - W, but close
@ Florida Atlantic - W
UCF - W
@ Rutgers - L, but close
@ Connecticut - W
Cincinatti - W
@ Syracuse - W
Louisville - L
@ Pitt - W
At best 10-2, At Worst 8-4

Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life : 07-08-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Tampa 2 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
North Carolina - W
Don't sleep on Carolina. They will be contenders soon.

Quote:
West Virginia - W, but close
Not going to happen
Quote:
Syracuse - W
I don't think so.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have the speed on defense to beat West Virginia. See last year's game. The game could go either way.

No way UNC or Syracuse beats us.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

12-0
Wisconsin doesn't match up well with us.
OSU loses way too much on O to score on us.
&$^* Michigan.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

tPSU

FIU- Win
Notre Dame- Win
Buffalo- Win
Michigan- Win
Illinois- Win
Iowa- Win
Wisconsin- Win- could go either way. Toughest game IOd say!
Indiana- Win
Ohio State- Win
Purdue- Win
Temple- Win
Michigan State- Win

All in all, Alot returning, great team, easy schedule. Very easily a 12-0 team, possibly a 11-1 team. National Championship?? I think so.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
We have the speed on defense to beat West Virginia. See last year's game. The game could go either way.

No way UNC or Syracuse beats us.
Never say no way.

No way UF beats tOSU..
Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Penn state... 10-2

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
Never say no way.

No way UF beats tOSU..
That's a horrible analogy, I remember at least 40% picked UF.

Also, Syracuse may very well be in the bottom 3 of the big east, and UNC is not quite their yet.