Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.
Default Pete Prisco Current player HOF chances

http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/10240023

I really hate Prisco, and I really hate these types of predictions. So many things can happen from here and then. Anyway, we need something new to discuss in the NFL forum.

We're about a month away from the Pro Football Hall of Fame inductions, the unofficial kickoff to the new NFL season.

Since we're in a dead month before the open of training camp, I thought it a good time to break down Hall of Fame prospects from among 45 active NFL stars.

For example, is Peyton Manning in no matter what happens to him the rest of the way? What about Tom Brady? Isaac Bruce? Torry Holt?

Players with at least six years of experience are the ones I considered, and I used four categories in deciding HOF verdicts for each player:

1. The best is "Welcome to Canton" -- they're in.
2. Next is "On the Bubble" -- they're close.
3. Then it's "Needs more Work."
4. "No way."

Just shy of six years are players like Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed, San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates and Carolina Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers. They're all off to good starts, but they haven't played enough seasons to qualify for consideration here.

Enjoy the list. And, as usual, I'm prepared for those nasty replies that will tell me a lot of things. Like how many of you think my father runs CBS, which is why I have a job. Or that I have no chance to ever make it into the writer's wing of the Hall.

I'm used to all of it by now ... bring it on.

Shaun Alexander, RB, Seattle Seahawks
Decision: Needs more work.
He's 25th on the all-time rushing list, so he has a chance. He needs to bounce back with a season like he had in 2005.

Larry Allen, G, San Francisco 49ers
Decision: Welcome to Canton.
For much of the 1990s and into this decade, Allen was the best guard -- and some say offensive linemen -- in the game. He's a shoo-in.

Champ Bailey, CB, Denver Broncos
I think he's the best defensive player in the league, and two more years playing at the same level will give him 10. He's then a lock on all lists.

Ronde Barber, CB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Decision: No way.
His brother, Tiki, has a better chance. Ronde has been the perfect corner for the Bucs' Cover-2 scheme, but is he a great corner? I say no.

Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
Three Super Bowl rings and some big-time numbers have him in already. Scary thing is, he's far from finished.

Derrick Brooks, LB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
He redefined the outside linebacker position, which is a sign of greatness. He made it a speed position. Plus, he's been a great player in doing so.
Advertisement

Isaac Bruce, WR, St. Louis Rams
Bruce is seventh in catches with 887 and could get to fifth with a good season in 2007. He's seventh in receiving yards with 13,376 yards, and with 524 yards this season, he would move him into fourth place on that list. That's impressive.

Tedy Bruschi, LB, New England Patriots
He was a feisty player who helped those Patriots win three Super Bowls, but was he ever the best defensive player on the field?

Brian Dawkins, S, Philadelphia Eagles
Decision: On the bubble.
He has been one of the most-dominant safeties for a long time. But safeties have a tough time getting in, for whatever reason. If he can have a year or two like he did in 2006, he has a chance.

Warrick Dunn, RB, Atlanta Falcons
He has some nice numbers, placing him 22nd on the all-time list. But he needs two or three more good seasons for consideration.

Alan Faneca, G, Pittsburgh Steelers
He's a Hall of Fame run blocker, but he hasn't been great in pass protection. He's just a notch below Hall material.

Brett Favre, QB, Green Bay Packers
He's as easy a pick as any on the list. Favre is a football legend who happens to still be playing.

Tony Gonzalez, TE, Kansas City Chiefs
He's the second most-prolific pass-catching tight end ever. He has allowed the Chiefs to get by without many good receivers. He's a special weapon in the middle of the field.

Marvin Harrison, WR, Indianapolis Colts
He's fourth all time in receptions and has a lot more left. He has his eyes on the top spot and Jerry Rice.

Rodney Harrison, S, New England Patriots
Some will say he should get in, but I think he's another who was just very good, but not great. Winning a Super Bowl with the Pats will help.

Torry Holt, WR, St. Louis Rams
He's still relatively young and playing at a high level, so he has time to get the work done. But for whatever reason, he doesn't get the due he deserves and that may hurt down the road.

Joe Horn, WR, Atlanta Falcons
He was a nice player, but not a Hall of Fame player. Was he ever one of the league's truly great receivers?

Steve Hutchinson, G, Minnesota Vikings
He's been one of the best guards in football -- and the best at times -- the past five years, but he needs more time to show he can sustain it.

Edgerrin James, RB, Arizona Cardinals
He's over 10,000 yards, but I still think he needs more work. He better hope 2006 was an aberration and was more about the Cardinals' line than his abilities.

Chad Johnson, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
He has 466 catches in his first six seasons, and has averaged over 90 each of the past four seasons. He would need to do that for another five to seven seasons to be considered.

Walter Jones, T, Seattle Seahawks
For the past seven years, he has been the best offensive lineman in the league. That's high praise.

Ty Law, CB, Kansas City Chiefs
Some people will say he's a candidate, but I don't think he will get in. He's been a nice player, but not a great one.

Ray Lewis, LB, Baltimore Ravens
There is no doubt about it. He's been the best middle linebacker in the league for a long, long time.

John Lynch, S, Denver Broncos
A lot of people will say he should go in, but I think he's been a good, not great player. There have been a handful of better safeties in the league his entire NFL career.

Peyton Manning, QB, Indianapolis Colts
No matter what he does the rest of his career Manning will be in the Hall. Even without the Super Bowl, he was on his way. Now he's a lock.

Kevin Mawae, C, Tennessee Titans
He's been a damn good center, but he probably isn't going to get in. He'll get considered, but he'll probably miss out.

Keenan McCardell, WR, Unsigned
He is ninth all time with 861 catches, but he's done so mostly out of the spotlight. He did win a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay, which will help. He says he wants to play until he gets 1,000 catches. If that happens, who knows?
Advertisement

Donovan McNabb, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
He's been a good quarterback, but has he ever been the best in the NFL? He hasn't done enough yet, and needs some big years to get there.

Steve McNair, QB, Baltimore Ravens
Even though he won co-MVP honors with Manning in 2003 -- how that happened is a whole different story -- he hasn't done enough.

Randy Moss, WR, New England Patriots
I've seen some opinions that no matter what he does, he can't get in because he quit on his team. That's crazy. If he can revert to the old Moss, and put up big numbers for a few more years, he deserves to get in.

Jonathan Ogden, T, Baltimore Ravens
Even though his play has slipped some, and he was never better than Jacksonville's Tony Boselli despite what some people might think, he's on his way to getting a gold jacket.

Terrell Owens, WR, Dallas Cowboys
Some might be surprised to see him here, but he's 17th all time in receptions with 801 and he's 16th in yards receiving with 11,715 yards. With a good season, he can move into the top-10 in both categories. Forget the attitude, he's had a heck of a career.

Orlando Pace, T, St. Louis Rams
He wasn't as good as Ogden and he's not as good as Jones. But he's been a heck of a player for a long time.

Simeon Rice, DE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
He's put up some amazing sack numbers, but the perception is he hasn't played the run well during his career, which he's fought hard to change. He needs two or three more big sack years. Does he have it in him?

Warren Sapp, DT, Oakland Raiders
He might be the surliest player in the league -- how was he left off Freeman's All-Jerk squad? -- but he was a dominant inside player for a long time. Like him or not, he should go in.

Richard Seymour, DE, New England Patriots
He's the best defensive player on the Patriots, and has been for some time. I think he's two good years away from being in.

Rod Smith, WR, Denver Broncos
He has the numbers, but was he ever a truly great player? His numbers will carry a lot of weight when it's his time, but it's going to be a tough sell.

Mike Strahan, DE, New York Giants
He's been a dominant player for a long time, but is he in the Bruce Smith-Reggie White class? He's not, but he's the all-time sack leader. Plus, the media likes him. He'll get in.

Fred Taylor, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars
He is closing in on 10,000 yards and has one of the best per-carry averages of all the leading rushers in league history. But he needs one or two more good years for consideration.

Jason Taylor, DE, Miami Dolphins
Taylor has been a heck of a player, and winning Defensive Player of the Year honors in 2006 will help, but he needs a couple more big sack years to have a chance.

Zach Thomas, LB, Miami Dolphins
He was a good player but overrated at times. He's in the Hall of Good, but not the Hall of Fame.

LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, San Diego Chargers
If he has another LT-like season in 2007, he's in. So it's basically just a formality. He's halfway to the rushing record.

Brian Urlacher, LB, Chicago Bears
He's got a good start, but he has a long way to go to be a Hall of Fame player. Then again, the lineage of his middle linebacker spot with the Bears is a good one.

Adam Vinatieri, K, Indianapolis Colts
It's tough to get kickers into the Hall, but his clutch kicking for the Patriots, helping them to three Super Bowl victories, will help. Also, he's far from done.

Kurt Warner, QB, Arizona Cardinals
Despite being a two-time MVP, Warner's success was too short. But he should go into the Good-guy Hall of Fame.

(Note: Kicker Morten Andersen, G Will Shields and RB Curtis Martin were not included in the list since they are all likely finished playing. P.S.: They're all probably on their way to being elected.)
Old 07-08-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Just realized two Prisco things on the 1st page...

-.- I hate the offseason.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

how is LT not in yet? hes about a lock after next year lol. Pace can go in, Ronde Barber was just as important as Brooks for the Tampa 2 defense and revolutionized the CB position and is the only 20 sacks/20 int guy in history, and maybe there wont be another. Ty Law? Hall of Fame, maybe 3rd try. Dawkins? First Ballet. Lynch? 2nd/3rd Ballet
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
how is LT not in yet? hes about a lock after next year lol. Pace can go in, Ronde Barber was just as important as Brooks for the Tampa 2 defense and revolutionized the CB position and is the only 20 sacks/20 int guy in history, and maybe there wont be another. Ty Law? Hall of Fame, maybe 3rd try. Dawkins? First Ballet. Lynch? 2nd/3rd Ballet
20 sacks by a CB yes. Harrison leads all DB's in sacks. But, a man named Adub will probably break that record.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Truthfully his analysis and predictions are pretty much right on.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with most of these. I don't think Ray Lewis is a shoe in but that is probably just because I hate him with a passion and wish him nothing but the worst.

:)

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I agree with most of these. I don't think Ray Lewis is a shoe in but that is probably just because I hate him with a passion and wish him nothing but the worst.

:)
Don't worry we all know your wrong about Ray! :D BTW Ravens' fans feel the same way about the Steelers too. ;) Is Big Ben still having nightmares about Bart Scott? :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How the hell...nevermind, Prisco's a ******* dumbass. I think I'm gunna send him a "I hate you" letter tonight..

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree with Faneca not being a lock for Canton..

He's a top 2 G in the league.. only with Hutchinson really pushing him. In his prime he was the best. Sure his pass blocking isn't #1, but he's an All-Pro, has a ring, 6+ Pro-Bowls... oh and he was the best for... how many seasons? 4-5?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW!! 2 threads for Pete Prisco, just wow. How does he have any sort of credibility to spark discussion here. Just ignore the "brilliance" that he thinks and types.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Don't worry we all know your wrong about Ray! :D BTW Ravens' fans feel the same way about the Steelers too. ;) Is Big Ben still having nightmares about Bart Scott? :D
No. That mini van that hit him scares him much more than Bart Scott.

And I don't feel that way about all Ravens, just the overrated ones that are also murderers.

Where was Ray Lewis when Joey Porter got shot?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
No. That mini van that hit him scares him much more than Bart Scott.

And I don't feel that way about all Ravens, just the overrated ones that are also murderers.

Where was Ray Lewis when Joey Porter got shot?

Wow thats almost funny. Never heard a joke like that before...... Here's a news flash for you, he didn't do it; if he did he would be in jail like Rae Carruth. Get over old stuff pal.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually agree with most of them, and my disagreements are all minor enough, like one level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i believe that he is wrong about harrison and law.harrison if not injured would still be playing strong and be on his way to hof career.i mean he already is one of the hardest hitters at the saftey position and he has the rep as the dirtiest player(which he is not).i say hes a lock.plus doesnt he have like 3 rings in like how many 5 tries.

law is like mel blount jr because they made the rule all over again about the five yard chuck because of how physical he played against the colts recievers and man handled brady.he was the best corner in his prime and the same goes to law as did harrison,if he didnt get hurt hed still be just as good.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ty Law a nice player..not great? Law was arguably 1 of the best CBs of the late 90s and 2000's

until the rule..the man was better than Bailey. His post season INTs and 2 SB rings should get him in

idk how Bailey: Welcome To Canton while Law: on the bubble
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
i believe that he is wrong about harrison and law.harrison if not injured would still be playing strong and be on his way to hof career.i mean he already is one of the hardest hitters at the saftey position and he has the rep as the dirtiest player(which he is not).i say hes a lock.plus doesnt he have like 3 rings in like how many 5 tries.

law is like mel blount jr because they made the rule all over again about the five yard chuck because of how physical he played against the colts recievers and man handled brady.he was the best corner in his prime and the same goes to law as did harrison,if he didnt get hurt hed still be just as good.
You can't play the "If he didn't get hurt" card when dealing with the Hall of Fame. If the player didn't produce, they shouldn't get in. No excuses. It should be a place that only the best of the best get into, not just every player that was good for a few years.

And they didn't change any rule because of Law. They simply had refs look for it more because they had been letting it go.

Rings don't and shouldn't mean anything for any position other than QB

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Tampa Bay defense was amazing. 5 possible Hall of Famers.

- Derrick Brooks
- Warren Sapp
- Ronde Barber
- John Lynch
- Simeon Rice
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
You can't play the "If he didn't get hurt" card when dealing with the Hall of Fame. If the player didn't produce, they shouldn't get in. No excuses. It should be a place that only the best of the best get into, not just every player that was good for a few years.

And they didn't change any rule because of Law. They simply had refs look for it more because they had been letting it go.

Rings don't and shouldn't mean anything for any position other than QB
well if Dawkins has a shot of getting in, then Rodney must get in. i like both players...both are great leaders, physical and fearless players

Harrison is 2 years older i believe but has only played 11 games more
-313 more tackles
-10.5 more sacks
-same amount of INTs
-2 SB rings

Dawkins has more deflections and FF

i know stats dont mean a lot to some people but theres no other way to really look at it because both have been impact players with a lot of heart.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
That Tampa Bay defense was amazing. 5 possible Hall of Famers.

- Derrick Brooks
- Warren Sapp
- Ronde Barber
- John Lynch
- Simeon Rice
I forgot how unbelievably talented that defense was. I mean if you add solid players like Mcfarland, Spires, and Brian Kelly around those big names, WOW.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I don't agree with Faneca not being a lock for Canton..

He's a top 2 G in the league.. only with Hutchinson really pushing him. In his prime he was the best. Sure his pass blocking isn't #1, but he's an All-Pro, has a ring, 6+ Pro-Bowls... oh and he was the best for... how many seasons? 4-5?
He never even compared to Will Shields or Larry Allen, the two best guards throughout the 90's and into this decade.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
well if Dawkins has a shot of getting in, then Rodney must get in. i like both players...both are great leaders, physical and fearless players

Harrison is 2 years older i believe but has only played 11 games more
-313 more tackles
-10.5 more sacks
-same amount of INTs
-2 SB rings

Dawkins has more deflections and FF

i know stats dont mean a lot to some people but theres no other way to really look at it because both have been impact players with a lot of heart.
i think harrison should go in, but u have to remember, Dawkins is a FS Harrison is a SS, to completly different positions, the chagers us to have him up in the box a lot so he was able to make a lot of tackles/TFL/sacks, while dawkins is best at pass coverage/disrupting the ballcarrier or catcher. I think they're both 1st/2nd, but i still think Monk needs to go in the HoF before anyone else does.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's Prisco's grudge against Orlando Pace? He doesn't put him in the top 6 tackles and now he's on the bubble for the hall of fame?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What's Prisco's grudge against Orlando Pace? He doesn't put him in the top 6 tackles and now he's on the bubble for the hall of fame?
Its your birthday, and you can cry if you want to.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Its your birthday, and you can cry if you want to.
If it helps, I don't even like Orlando Pace. I'm just saying.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If it helps, I don't even like Orlando Pace. I'm just saying.

I was trying to bring up your apparent birthday actually.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote