Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I forgot how unbelievably talented that defense was. I mean if you add solid players like Mcfarland, Spires, and Brian Kelly around those big names, WOW.
Shelton Quarles too. Dwight Smith was a good player. Insane defense.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
I was trying to bring up your apparent birthday actually.
I'm sorry, thanks.

Anyways, one more problem I have is saying Fred Taylor needs more work. I just don't honestly see Fred Taylor in the HOF at all, as good as he's been. Same with Keenan McCardell.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No to Zach Thomas!?!?!?!?

Orlando Pace on the bubble?!?!?!?
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Strahan, DE, New York Giants
Decision: Welcome to Canton.
He's been a dominant player for a long time, but is he in the Bruce Smith-Reggie White class? He's not, but he's the all-time sack leader. Plus, the media likes him. He'll get in.
Uhhh, what?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It says about McNabb, "but has he ever been the best in the NFL?", its kinda hard to do that with Manning and Brady also in the league at the same time. But I agree, he still needs more work, and hopefully a SB ring. That would help Dawk too but I think he has a better chance than Donovan right now.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think this is one of the best articles Prisco has ever done. People take for granted how freakin' hard it is to get into the Hall of Fame.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Not even a mention of Bryant Young? I know he probably won't make it, but he at least deserves a mention...
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd think Adam Vinatieri is a lock for the Hall of Fame.. One of the most, if not THE most clutch kicker of all time, has Superbowl Winning kicks.. What more could you ask for?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, does Walter Jones pay Prisco to hype him up and put down Pace? Best OL for the last 7 years? Are you kidding me?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh boy..another person that knows that Zach Thomas doesn't have a chance in hell of making the HOF. Maybe a few 100 more and Dolphins fans will start listening to me.

I think if Urlacher can win another MVP he's a lock. I don't know of any 2-time MVP that isn't in the HOF. Either way as long as he stays healthy he's in.

I don't see Issac Bruce as a HOF lock at all. Is he borderline? Sure. But he hasn't been the best WR on his own team in many many years and at no point was he ever the best offensive player on his team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm sorry, thanks.

Anyways, one more problem I have is saying Fred Taylor needs more work. I just don't honestly see Fred Taylor in the HOF at all, as good as he's been. Same with Keenan McCardell.
Agreed...at this point in their careers the work they could have done is well past them. They are both no chance in hells either.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

It's also funny that Prisco notes in his other story that Kruetz is and has been the best center in the league for years, but he's not on his list. I realize that he doesn't have a great shot at making it, few interior linemen do, but come on...he's been the best for quite some time, at least put him on the list.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Edgerrin James, RB, Arizona Cardinals
Decision: Needs more work.
He's over 10,000 yards, but I still think he needs more work. He better hope 2006 was an aberration and was more about the Cardinals' line than his abilities.
Edge is getting in. Before moving to the desert, he was breaking Jim Brown's yards from scrimmage per game record. He won the rushing title his first two years in the league, which is ridiculous, and was on his way to a third (and maybe even fourth) consecutive title - tremendous HOF territory - if he hadn't suffered his knee injury in 2001.

With 1000 more yards, he moves into 13th all-time in rushing yards. As he stands now, with 10385 career rushing yards, he needs 1859 to break into the Top 10 in NFL history.

He's easily among the best pass protecting RBs to have played the game, one of the best all-purpose backs of his era, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't have the best winning percentage among RBs since Roger Craig.

Quote:
Orlando Pace, T, St. Louis Rams
Decision: On the bubble.
He wasn't as good as Ogden and he's not as good as Jones. But he's been a heck of a player for a long time.
Is Prisco high? Pace in his prime was better than Ogden. Jones? LOL.

Quote:
Adam Vinatieri, K, Indianapolis Colts
Decision: On the bubble.
It's tough to get kickers into the Hall, but his clutch kicking for the Patriots, helping them to three Super Bowl victories, will help. Also, he's far from done.
He's in. And Vinatieri was the most clutch member of the Pats dynasty.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think if Urlacher can win another MVP he's a lock. I don't know of any 2-time MVP that isn't in the HOF.
Don't you have to win one MVP before you can win 2? I think you're referring to DPOY.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh boy..another person that knows that Zach Thomas doesn't have a chance in hell of making the HOF. Maybe a few 100 more and Dolphins fans will start listening to me.

I think if Urlacher can win another MVP he's a lock. I don't know of any 2-time MVP that isn't in the HOF. Either way as long as he stays healthy he's in.

I don't see Issac Bruce as a HOF lock at all. Is he borderline? Sure. But he hasn't been the best WR on his own team in many many years and at no point was he ever the best offensive player on his team.
Using Prisco to support your Zach Thomas argument isn't going to persuade anyone, it might in fact hurt your argument.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-09-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
It's also funny that Prisco notes in his other story that Kruetz is and has been the best center in the league for years, but he's not on his list. I realize that he doesn't have a great shot at making it, few interior linemen do, but come on...he's been the best for quite some time, at least put him on the list.
Kruetz has been the best center for about three years, 4 at most. The guy who was better than him the other years, Mawae, Prisco says no way. If a center playing right now gets in other than Mawae, it would definitely be Kruetz, but when he says Mawae has no chance I don't see how he could even mention Kruetz.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

This article is pretty much head on except for Orlando Pace.

People forget how much of a backlog there is for players waiting to get in. It's not going to get any better unless the NFLHOF raise the number of maximum inductees to a class.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hes good but not great, I think I read that every other line.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I don't think any present day linemen, maybe excluding Ogden and maybe somebody else I'm forgetting should be in before Russ Grimm.... I mean, the Hogs were one of the most dominate lines ever and not one is in the hall yet.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ty Law in '03 was every bit as good as Champ Bailey was last year. It's amazing how people forget things with time. Champ Bailey is only the best corner because Ty Law and Patrick Surtain got old, and no one else has arisen. Back in '03 it was those two, not Bailey, who were generally regarded as the best corners.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Ty Law in '03 was every bit as good as Champ Bailey was last year. It's amazing how people forget things with time. Champ Bailey is only the best corner because Ty Law and Patrick Surtain got old, and no one else has arisen. Back in '03 it was those two, not Bailey, who were generally regarded as the best corners.
Yea I don't see how Law doesn't get in. He was the elite CB for a long time and has both the numbers and the post season accomplishments.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-09-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea I don't see how Law doesn't get in. He was the elite CB for a long time and has both the numbers and the post season accomplishments.
I would put him in based on being the only player who owns Peyton Manning.

Quote:
In Kansas City's 2006 playoff loss against the Indianapolis Colts, Law intercepted 2 passes from Peyton Manning. This set the NFL postseason record for most postseason interceptions (5) ever recorded by one player against one quarterback. “I told Ty after the game that I would be glad to introduce him at the Hall of Fame. I could do the introduction for him,” Manning said. “One of the reporters asked me if I was going to invite Ty Law to dinner. Well, I think he should invite me to dinner. That would be more appropriate.”
Peyton Manning, the consensus top QB of this era, thinks Ty Law is a slam dunk Hall of Fame player.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

He also owned Dan Marino.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-09-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wonder what he would say about jerome

probably. "not in" or "on the bubble"

haha
Old 07-09-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

If it were up to me, I would only put in players that were the best at their positions for at least one year. Players like Curtis Martin will get in, for accumulative production, though I personally don't think that should be the case. Players should be evaluated by dominance first, longevity second.